Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup (35947 Views)

See What Ghanaian Egusi Soup Looks Like, Nigerians Comment. (screenshots) / How To Prepare Egusi Soup - - The Ultimate Guide / How I Made Low Budget Kpomo And Beef With Okaro Soup Laced With Bitter Leaf (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by Sleekyshuga(f): 1:29pm On Jun 20, 2015
kuzee:

lol
so you notice
no mind am
him go return the four meat fr pot
pick the tinest meat still cut am into two

na d half r go return for pot,
see as him lick the spoon self grin
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Make una easy na on this young man..

@ OP,

You try cheesy cheesy but I don't understand the tomatoes inside equsi-bitterleaf-stew soup grin.
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by pek(m): 1:30pm On Jun 20, 2015
What you prepared there is egusi and not bitter leaf soup. You only garnished it with bitter leaf.
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by pek(m): 1:31pm On Jun 20, 2015
What you prepared there is egusi and not bitter leaf soup. You only garnished it with bitter leaf!
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by sunnydayasaba(m): 1:39pm On Jun 20, 2015
I know alot of Yoruba that uses tomato and tomato paste to cook egusi because to them it taste better, But the truth is it taste too Sweet. Another disadvantage is that if not warm or properly refrigerated, its spoils very quick and easily. That's why most people prefer using better leaf than normal vegetable like Ugwu leaf to cook egusi soup.

Op, but to soak egusi...Hmmm, that most be ur own making, because I initial thought u where planing to mode some to boil little by little and then add the rest to it...But hmmmmm that never happen.

Enjoy ur food sha, But dnt invite someone to join u on that, cus na running stomach for d person

1 Like

Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2015
What a tasty dish!
Bros u almost break my fasting o! sad
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by Chubhie: 1:42pm On Jun 20, 2015
dmola:
I like ur handle.....cn I pm u
Leave her alone.
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by ccharlex: 1:43pm On Jun 20, 2015
breadplanets:
Hey oga see as you like the spoon clean for the last pix grin. But do you mean you use the bitterleaf like that? Without washing to remove the bitterness?

See as OP make person salivate here finish, my tongue has popped out and is dripping like Alsatian dog waiting to be served bonemeal.
Bia Nwanyi u be monitoring spirit to have noticed dat tiny detail cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by mojounited(m): 1:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
Enoquin:
Goathead in akwaibom is from 700 upwards depending on the size and season that's because we don't play with goathead here.

Tomatoes in egusi, I have heard of that way of cooking egusi but I want to know if it is something that evolved into a practice by awon eko.

Funny enough, I am cooking bitterleaf soup today but with goat leg...mine is washed very well. If I cook with out washing vigourously; my brothers won't eat.
Your soup looks good, I no see crayfish for your list abi na because of tomatoes you skip am?
I know say pepper no dey market but 200 naira pepper is too much.

Turns out my Aunt uses tomatoes too and a wee bit of oil or none at all. I guess it's a way of reducing the amount of bad fat associated with red oil (albeit it contains Vitamin A as well). Quite awkward, because using tomatoes to prepare soup tastes really weird.

With no crayfish, dry/stock fish and periwinkle, it's certainly not going to be as smashingly palatable as your soup. No disrespect to OP but #TeamAkwaIbom/CalabarSoup #WeRock cheesy
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by ccharlex: 1:49pm On Jun 20, 2015
worldman:
Who u dey fum for u take 4 meat after the pic please return 3. Meat back to the pot hunger is real hooooo
cheesy U for go return the 700h meat na
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by ccharlex: 1:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
littlemistress:
funny thread, funny cooking skills.. .

bt using tomato paste to cook egusi??

for a bach... u try
bt a lady dares nt cook dz
He clearly stated that he used the paste because of the cost of fresh tomatoes in the mkt.. Imagine 400 naira tomatoes i bought some days back after blending and parboiling, d qty was not upto 3 tomato paste. I guess he is pardoned imho
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by dunkem21(m): 1:54pm On Jun 20, 2015
Enoquin:

shocked Are you calling us cannibals?

Yes! Una sabi eat and lick men grin
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by haywire07(m): 2:13pm On Jun 20, 2015
deflover:
Goat head =N= 700

Egusi (1/2 derica) =N= 200

palm oil =N= 100

pepper =N= 200

tomatoes =N= 100

gino tomatoe paste (2 sachets) @ =N=40 each =N= 80

seasoning (maggi star) =N= 20

bitter leaf from my back yard ....lol =N= 0

1/2 litres of water =N= 0

Total =N= 1400:00

See what the media has caused

Next Topic dat will hit front page : How to shit after eating goat head
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by littlemistress: 2:18pm On Jun 20, 2015
ccharlex:

He clearly stated that he used the paste because of the cost of fresh tomatoes in the mkt.. Imagine 400 naira tomatoes i bought some days back after blending and parboiling, d qty was not upto 3 tomato paste. I guess he is pardoned imho

bt he alrdy bought fresh tomatoes.. why adding tomato paste..?

tomatoes are optional in cooking egusi cos of its sour aftertaste.. most ladies would agree wt me..

I. M. O. the over blended pepper has made d egusi soup look watery & unattractive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by Bollinger(m): 2:26pm On Jun 20, 2015
I swear, the OP no said cook at all. Kai, see as e just waste goat head and egusi.
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jun 20, 2015
deflover:
so i placed them in a nice pot to cook for 30mins.
what's nice about this pot tho? undecided
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by mimicious(f): 2:39pm On Jun 20, 2015
kelechi50:
please why not take this ur sweetheart to the alter and save us this embarrassment on nl @36 wit this stew or what is it soup

U ask him undecided
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by jamesbridget13(f): 2:47pm On Jun 20, 2015
the leaf is not enough for me op. no greenishhhh
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by Enoquin(f): 2:58pm On Jun 20, 2015
mojounited:

Turns out my Aunt uses tomatoes too and a wee bit of oil or none at all. I guess it's a way of reducing the amount of bad fat associated with red oil (albeit it contains Vitamin A as well). Quite awkward, because using tomatoes to prepare soup tastes really weird.

With no crayfish, dry/stock fish and periwinkle, it's certainly not going to be as smashingly palatable as your soup. No disrespect to OP but #TeamAkwaIbom/CalabarSoup #WeRock cheesy

The yorubas rarely use crayfish and or stockfish; periwinkles ke? Don't go there.
Well, I don't know about loosing fat through tomato paste, I think it has to do with how 'beautiful' the egusi would look after it is done. And most yorubas like sweet food, the tomatoes will make for a sweet egusi
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by JoeCutie(m): 3:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
deflover:
Goat head =N= 700

Egusi (1/2 derica) =N= 200

palm oil =N= 100

pepper =N= 200

tomatoes =N= 100

gino tomatoe paste (2 sachets) @ =N=40 each =N= 80

seasoning (maggi star) =N= 20

bitter leaf from my back yard ....lol =N= 0

1/2 litres of water =N= 0

Total =N= 1400:00

Come to University of Benin and tell them that #1,400 pot of soup is a "low budget" one. All the students, even the security men will stone you with #140 worth of pure water and you won't survive it. #1,400 is "low budget" abi? If you ever become the President of this country, then we are finished. #50m would be "low salary" to you.

By the way, what are you doing with #200 pepper? "Low budget". embarassed undecided

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by XBLadez: 3:35pm On Jun 20, 2015
Goat head for 700? Are u sure it's not rabbit's head?
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 20, 2015
JoeCutie:
Come to University of Benin and tell them that #1,400 pot of soup is a "low budget" one. All the students, even the security men will stone you with #140 worth of pure water and you won't survive it. #1,400 is "low budget" abi? If you ever become the President of this country, then we are finished. #50m would be "low salary" to you.

By the way, what are you doing with #200 pepper? "Low budget". embarassed undecided

grin grin
I have dyed ooo cheesy
the thought of students stoning the op with pure water got me rolling cheesy
students can be cwazy en.
#200 pepper grin
Joe what has she given you to eat again.
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by rhymz(m): 3:53pm On Jun 20, 2015
deflover:

oga goat head is the cheapest to buy in the market....i am 36yrs old i never marry and i have been buying goat head since 2010 @ =N=500 as bachelor okay...go to the market the biggest will be for around =N=900 max but ele-run go 1st shallow you say na =N=1400.... grin grin grin grin
lol.... This guy sef
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by SuzieeDee(f): 4:34pm On Jun 20, 2015
salivating like a bull dog
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by arizona145(m): 4:37pm On Jun 20, 2015
You are just an Ofe mmanu person. Tomatoes on a soup abi Na stew??
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by sunsewa: 4:58pm On Jun 20, 2015
deflover:

oga goat head is the cheapest to buy in the market....i am 36yrs old i never marry and i have been buying goat head since 2010 @ =N=500 as bachelor okay...go to the market the biggest will be for around =N=900 max but ele-run go 1st shallow you say na =N=1400.... grin grin grin grin

I dey follow u jare,no mind people wey never enter market, me I dey buy big head of Ram 1500-1100,or goat biggest head 1200-900 depending for cele mkt,depending on bargaining or time,evening is always cheaper.
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by sunsewa: 5:13pm On Jun 20, 2015
deflover:
well the soup is ready......i have a soup that would last 4 days with just =N=1400 ....who talk say bachelor no sabi manage grin grin grin grin grin grin

U try wella,the soup dey rich and appetizing,and also economical,but u need to hook up a wifey,at 36 it's about to start getting late.
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by scachy(m): 5:38pm On Jun 20, 2015
Goat head dey cause purge ooo
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by kuzee(m): 5:43pm On Jun 20, 2015
Sleekyshuga:

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Make una easy na on this young man..

@ OP,

You try cheesy cheesy but I don't understand the tomatoes inside equsi-bitterleaf-stew soup grin
You de call am young man bah?
u no de fear ni?
na korrect niqqa be this, marry am
you re stress free
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by JoeCutie(m): 5:56pm On Jun 20, 2015
Kizmarty:

grin grin
I have dyed ooo cheesy
the thought of students stoning the op with pure water got me rolling cheesy
students can be cwazy en.
#200 pepper grin
Joe what has she given you to eat again.
grin grin grin

Who is she? cheesy
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by onunwa21(m): 5:57pm On Jun 20, 2015
Pepper #200........hmmmmmmmmm.....
May b na yoruba food
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by Sleekyshuga(f): 5:58pm On Jun 20, 2015
kuzee:

You de call am young man bah?
u no de fear ni?
na korrect niqqa be this, marry am
you re stress free
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

36 - 12 = Child Abuse tongue
Re: How I Made Low Budget Goat Head Bitter Leaf Egusi Soup by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 20, 2015
JoeCutie:
grin grin grin

Who is she? cheesy
na my mouth you wun hear say lion kill hunter yesterday? cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Jollof Rice Tops Poll On As Roma's Official Twitter Handle / How To Prepare Garden Egg Sauce (Pictures) / 4 Foods Nigerian Students Can Relate To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.