Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:10 PM

Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot (46449 Views)

This Picture About Nigeria Airways Will Make You Cry / Captain Chinyere Kalu; Meet The First Nigeria Female Pilot / Joan Obasi - Arik's Female Pilot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by lusciouslex: 5:30am On Jun 20, 2015
Who killed the Notorious B.I.G? An unsolved murder still under investigation. We simply don't have strong institutions in this country.
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by DONADAMS(m): 5:33am On Jun 20, 2015
Wat a touching story... y wuld a human kill anoda cos of material tins...d murderers got away??9ja z is 4ckd up!!!!dat judge shud b probed!!!! RIP
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by Hammefeez: 5:37am On Jun 20, 2015
Sad! I should not have read this story!
I remember in 90's one of my teacher (female) use to brag with her name that she's the first female pilot, she'll just say her name is "Obo" which has another meaning in Yoruba Land, we ll smile to our selves and say No wonder she s a female.........hmmnnn sad. I dont think my teacher knew what happened to her respected Lady that she always projects as good mentor to female student then...............Sad

Now to the topic:

Yes! Those basterd killed her and loot almost everything she had...accepted.
When the case finally got to police station they found out goods worth million/billion and recovered them (on No account or actual amount) they even pasuaded those culprit to bail themselves out with money which they provided and later proceeded the case to court, when some certain people realized how they can gain their good share of the sad story, they waded in and forfeit the case, people like buisness partner, police, lawyers, judges, friends, employer, even some family members.
If i am to re-open that case i will look in to those area.

Those are my Opinion sha! Make anybody No come they witch hunt me ooooo. Abii shebi Opinion Na free for Naija.

1 Like

Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by harjiyoung(m): 5:49am On Jun 20, 2015
ikp4succes:
This story looks fishy, why will they need to kill her to steal the money and jewelry anyway. They can steal it when she is not home. Killing her was unnecessary. I think she was killed by someone else using her bodyguard, over something else, maybe political. undecided
Seconded,It maybe political coz court won't release criminals
lyk that unless they've got a backing.

1 Like

Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by BlueMurder(m): 6:36am On Jun 20, 2015
Extremely sad. My first thought was to urge for a reopening of the case. But if the police reopens all unsolved murder cases, how would it deal with new ones?
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by Ijebulogic(m): 6:56am On Jun 20, 2015
House on 40a Bourdillon. ....hmmm
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by AreaFada2: 7:03am On Jun 20, 2015
Lord of mercy.
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by jemype(m): 7:05am On Jun 20, 2015
the building is not far from my house and till. date is not occupied by anybody. the rumours I heard was that she was having an affair with one of the boys but only God knows. the truth. I always wondered why no one lived in such a massive house. it was only last year that the house was demolished and everyone tot work was about to commence but d gate was sealed. always saw a mad man sleep there once in a while tho.
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by Nobody: 7:07am On Jun 20, 2015
Shame on our judiciary. How could they grant bail on such a serious case. I belive they were bribed.

So vexing right now

RIP captain Oboh
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by Nobody: 7:43am On Jun 20, 2015
The backbone problem of Nigeria is that there is no law, a state in anarchy.
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by yomeyome: 8:36am On Jun 20, 2015
I remember every detail of this story, watched it on newsline then. However it was reported that her colleagues havin expected her to report to duty for a considerable number of days, decided to look her up, it was from them that d police got involved. I have always narrated dis story to warn young adults on d dangers of living alone.

1 Like

Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by wizlad007(m): 8:57am On Jun 20, 2015
[code][/code]#so sad. I wud push dis story 2 as many places as I cn. 17yrs after n I still believe dat justice can still prevail. RIP 2 d dead #s0bs
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 20, 2015
So our judicial system has been corrupt and incompetent since the days of Adam and Eve? no wonder.
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by Iwonimi(m): 9:11am On Jun 20, 2015
Wat a tragic story. May Allah punish dose pple behind d murderer

2 Likes

Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by Stylaay(m): 9:44am On Jun 20, 2015
I remember this story on newsline. So the murderers of this lady were let off the hook?
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by LyfeJennings(m): 10:01am On Jun 20, 2015
O ga o
My heart bleeds
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by tym92(m): 10:01am On Jun 20, 2015
Life full of mystery
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by lukman885(m): 10:06am On Jun 20, 2015
I so much feel for her...... such a heart touching story
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by Mcoldsoja(m): 10:31am On Jun 20, 2015
ikp4succes:
This story looks fishy, why will they need to kill her to steal the money and jewelry anyway. They can steal it when she is not home. Killing her was unnecessary. I think she was killed by someone else using her bodyguard, over something else, maybe political. undecided
Dat na wetin greed and lack of contentment fit do. De heart of man dey desperately wicked.
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by stinggy(m): 11:49am On Jun 20, 2015
ikp4succes:
That's a sensible angle to view the story from. They could have gained access to all the loot even without.
But just maybe they felt she would come after them.
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by kesternice: 1:14pm On Jun 20, 2015
Dis is an example of how stupid our judiciary is. And d so calld judges will be acting like kings. Senile men
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jun 20, 2015
ikp4succes:
. hmmmnnn I tink datx a point bcis it wouldn't have being easy for them to decieve d judicial system and get away with it if and also staying d house,enjoying d cars while dey know dey can't tell ppl she travelled for ever.......definetly some influential ppl are behind them
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by franklingud(m): 4:46pm On Jun 20, 2015
Am not saying that I like her death, but she was too careless for my liking.. how can one survive without her family?...she made her way to the top, enjoying all the money alone with nobody except few friends and workers..
#Familyisimportant
Eat alone die alone QED
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by logica(m): 10:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
franklingud:
Am not saying that I like her death, but she was too careless for my liking.. how can one survive without her family?...she made her way to the top, enjoying all the money alone with nobody except few friends and workers..
#Familyisimportant
Eat alone die alone QED
Right. And those killed by their family nko? Don't go and work; be waiting to "eat" with those working.

2 Likes

Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by laudate: 4:32am On Mar 08, 2017
deyinkadeji:
FLYING CAREER

A hardworking and focused lady, Captain Hadiza Oboh was reputed to have checked out as a Flight Officer (F/O) aboard a Boeing 737 of the Nigeria Airways in 1984 .
By 1989, she was already a well-established pilot and remained an aviation superstar all through the 1990s. She was always a point of reference and source of pride for all women associations in Nigeria and Africa.

THE PLOT AND THE MURDER

The cold-blooded murder of Captain Oboh still sounds like a scene right out of a movie, even 17 years after her unfortunate exit from the world. On that fateful day, around 8.00 pm on the 8th of February 1998, Captain Oboh drove straight from the airport to her 40A Bourdillion Road home in Ikoyi, a high-brow part of Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial center. A very lively lady, she was full of sparkle and was probably famished after a hectic day (pilots are some of the most worked and stressed-out professionals), she made for her kitchen to prepare a quick meal to line her stomach.

Point of correction... her residence was 40AB Bourdillon Road, Ikoyi and NOT 40A.
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by Arielle: 8:09pm On Mar 10, 2017
Wow! I remember this story. So sad. Made me so angry.
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by LukeLook: 10:09am On Oct 16, 2017
Am reading this story for the first time and I felt repulsed!
Re: Captain Hadiza Lantana Oboh, Nigeria Airways’ First & Only Female Pilot by laudate: 2:52pm On Oct 22, 2017
sad cry undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The New Four Point Hotel In Ikot Ekpene, Akwa Ibom State (see Photo) / Speeding Bus Crashes Into A Betting Shop, Destroys Everything Inside. Photos / Living In China, Life Lessons And Experiences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.