Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,415 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

The Sciences Discussion Thread. - Science/Technology (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Sciences Discussion Thread. (68746 Views)

Universe Or Multiverse. (A Discussion) / Who Has Seen Smartbird? Discussion Thread For Novel ways to fly. / Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 09, 2015
make n the subject of formulae
where A=P(1+R/100)^n
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 10:03am On Jul 09, 2015
Uhm...is there any scientific reason why people die?
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2015
RobinHez:
Uhm...is there any scientific reason why people die?
ask johnydon22
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 09, 2015
clintonopah:
make n the subject of formulae
where A=P(1+R/100)^n

hey there. smiley
Please don't be angry, I lost my pen. I will try to solve it as soon as I can find any.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 09, 2015
Ah . . . seriously.

Why humans die. Scientific explanation.

Humans die because of the two things.

1. The difficulty of prolonged organization
2. Reproduction.

1. The difficulty of prolonged organization means that it is very difficult for any organization to continue to exist infinitely. Change must happen. Any organization must ultimately crumble. It is a fundamental faxt of nature. The moment any organization is formed, whether it be organic, physical, or even commercial, it's ultimate fate is to END.
The role of every organization then, is to prevent itself from ending. And that is what the human body does every day of its existence. Every single minute, our body fights a war to keep going as long as possible. It seeks to defy its fate for as long as possible.

2. There is an easier route. If an organization were to produce copies of itself, then theoretically, it can live forever. shocked and this . . . this is how nature thinks. Instead of seeking to continuously fight for the survival of the individual, it allows the individual to reproduce. To, pass on its essence to younger generations. So, each organization rises and falls and rises and falls as new individuals. Who are copies of earlier organizations . . . so, to nature, humanity is immortal. Each individual is merely an ingredient in the greater scheme of things. shocked

This truth is actually a real problem in artificial intelligence development. Have you watched avengers 2?

It is very realistic. An artificial intelligence would actually really think like that. Since humanity is immortal as long as one of them existed, however improved, and there was wars and problem everywhere in the world, the only mathematical solution would be to create an improved human subspecies (vision) and wipe out the current one in a holocaust! And since the new subspecies is links neurally, there would be peace! They would simply co exist! And there would be a suit of armor around the world! Just like Tony stark wanted!

Ultron was only trying to help . . . but he misunderstood, nature and human beings see things differently. Nature cares only about the species as a whole. But humans care about the individual!

Interestingly, humans do not care about individual cells. Only the body as a whole. So, if one cell arose and said, hey, lets make this body immortal. But I'm going to have to kill all of you first and install nano cells, some white blood cells would probably arise, call themselves the avengers and beat the crap out of him. grin

This universe is a _bitch. grin grin

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 4:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
Teempakguy:
Ah . . . seriously.

2. Reproduction.

1. The difficulty of prolonged organization means that it is very difficult for any organization to continue to exist infinitely. Change must happen. Any organization must ultimately crumble. It is a fundamental faxt of nature. The moment any organization is formed, whether it be organic, physical, or even commercial, it's ultimate fate is to END.
The role of every organization then, is to prevent itself from ending. And that is what the human body does every day of its existence. Every single minute, our body fights a war to keep going as long as possible. It seeks to defy its fate for as long as possible.

2. There is an easier route. If an organization were to produce copies of itself, then theoretically, it can live forever. shocked and this . . . this is how nature thinks. Instead of seeking to continuously fight for the survival of the individual, it allows the individual to reproduce. To, pass on its essence to younger generations. So, each organization rises and falls and rises and falls as new individuals. Who are copies of earlier organizations . . . so, to nature, humanity is immortal. Each individual is merely an ingredient in the greater scheme of things. shocked

This truth is actually a real problem in artificial intelligence development. Have you watched avengers 2?

It is very realistic. An artificial intelligence would actually really think like that. Since humanity is immortal as long as one of them existed, however improved, and there was wars and problem everywhere in the world, the only mathematical solution would be to create an improved human subspecies (vision) and wipe out the current one in a holocaust! And since the new subspecies is links neurally, there would be peace! They would simply co exist! And there would be a suit of armor around the world! Just like Tony stark wanted!

Ultron was only trying to help . . . but he misunderstood, nature and human beings see things differently. Nature cares only about the species as a whole. But humans care about the individual!

Interestingly, humans do not care about individual cells. Only the body as a whole. So, if one cell arose and said, hey, lets make this body immortal. But I'm going to have to kill all of you first and install nano cells, some white blood cells would probably arise, call themselves the avengers and beat the crap out of him. grin

Hahaha...nice explanation thanks!

1 Like

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by ELYMAXiimus(m): 6:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
Teempakguy:
Ah . . . seriously.

2. Reproduction.

lololol
you sure are good at explaining.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
RobinHez:

Hahaha...nice explanation thanks!
ELYMAXiimus:

lololol
you sure are good at explaining.
hehehe cheesy
Thanks. Just help me pray that my dream to become a lecturer comes to pass. grin grin
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 8:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
Teempakguy:
hehehe cheesy
Thanks. Just help me pray that my dream to become a lecturer comes to pass. grin grin
The Bible says if u delight urself in Him,
He'll give u the desires of ur heart....
It shall come to pass,
if u believe it clap ur hands and say
"i believe it"

uhm....quoting Hezekiah Walker from his Souled Out album grin
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 8:11pm On Jul 09, 2015
check out the latest images from the MARS ROVERS....its in gif format so use an html browser or download it in gif format

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 8:17pm On Jul 09, 2015
its so beautiful there....wish to go there myself
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jul 09, 2015
Cool!

If only johnydon22 could see this shocked
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2015
Teempakguy:
Cool!

If only johnydon22 could see this shocked
I have wink. . .am a huge fan of curiosity rover... once opened a thread on Mars that made Front page https://www.nairaland.com/2243498/what-inside-planet-mars-looks
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 8:55pm On Jul 09, 2015
RobinHez:
its so beautiful there....wish to go there myself
It is indeed beautiful but unlike anything you have ever seen, its not ordinary desert terrain that you may hope to bump into an oasis or desertic shrub. . .nada just red land stretching all around you... But you may check out possibilities of mars colonization

https://www.nairaland.com/2201801/possibilities-mars-colonization

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 8:58pm On Jul 09, 2015
johnydon22:
It is indeed beautiful but unlike anything you have ever seen, its not ordinary desert terrain that you may hope to bumb into an oasis or desertic shrub. . .nada just red land stretching all around you... But you may check out possibilities of mars colonization

https://www.nairaland.com/2201801/possibilities-mars-colonization

wow! shocked
seriously u have to take my blogging advice serious....dont waste on NL pleaseeeee...
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 9:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
RobinHez:

wow! shocked
seriously u have to take my blogging advice serious....dont waste on NL pleaseeeee...
Have many astronomical threads ranging from nebulas, auroras, exo planets, water on moons and many more
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 9:04pm On Jul 09, 2015
johnydon22:
Have many astronomical threads ranging from nebulas, auroras, exo planets, water on moons and many more
all on NL....i post my works from my blog to NL nont just writting here alone....remeber when NL was hacked and posts got deleted undecided
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 09, 2015
johnydon22:

I have wink. . .am a huge fan of curiosity rover... once opened a thread on Mars that made Front page https://www.nairaland.com/2243498/what-inside-planet-mars-looks
where was i? cry
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 9:07pm On Jul 09, 2015
Teempakguy:
where was i? cry
Maybe Jupiter tongue
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 9:09pm On Jul 09, 2015
RobinHez:
all on NL....i post my works from my blog to NL nont just writting here alone....remeber when NL was hacked and posts got deleted undecided
Don't quite know shiit about blogging embarassed… …You make money from it
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Jul 09, 2015
johnydon22:

Maybe Jupiter tongue
grin
Speaking of which, have you watched Jupiter ascending? What do you think of the gravity shoes?
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by johnydon22(m): 9:11pm On Jul 09, 2015
Teempakguy:
grin
Speaking of which, have you watched Jupiter ascending? What do you think of the gravity shoes?
Have heard about the film but haven't watched it. . am a huge fan of sci-fi . . so gonna download it
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
johnydon22:
Have heard about the film but haven't watched it. . am a huge fan of sci-fi . . so gonna download it
try to. Here is an image of the boots. They are actually floating off the ground.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 10:34pm On Jul 09, 2015
johnydon22:
Don't quite know shiit about blogging embarassed… …You make money from it
yeah...one came make money though blogging too.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 10, 2015
RobinHez:

yeah...one came make money though blogging too.
what I'm actually worried about is where to get pictures. I don't want to get into copyright problems. I have great ideas for a blog but I don't know where to get pictures.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 12:14am On Jul 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
what I'm actually worried about is where to get pictures. I don't want to get into copyright problems. I have great ideas for a blog but I don't know where to get pictures.
Hmmm...depends on what u'd be blogging abt o, if what u're blogging about would need pictures asin plenty of them then there are sites u'd actually go to buy pictures from, buh if u just need a pic for the title or just so ur blog doesn't look like what a kid is controlling (which actually is lipsrsealed) then googleimages with credit to source would do just fine!
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:17am On Jul 10, 2015
RobinHez:

Hmmm...depends on what u'd be blogging abt o, if what u're blogging about would need pictures asin plenty of them then there are sites u'd actually go to buy pictures from, buh if u just need a pic for the title or just so ur blog doesn't look like what a kid is controlling (which actually is lipsrsealed) then googleimages with credit to source would do just fine!
saw what you did there . . . lipsrsealed
Okay, cool. So I just have to credit the source. Can I do this by enclosing the image address in a link tag and putting it under the image?
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 12:21am On Jul 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
saw what you did there . . . lipsrsealed
Okay, cool. So I just have to credit the source. Can I do this by enclosing the image address in a link tag and putting it under the image?
Yeah...a better option; caption the photo and do something like Source: Gettyimages ...not everyone loves seeing links hanging around a site wink
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:25am On Jul 10, 2015
RobinHez:

Yeah...a better option; caption the photo and do something like Source: Gettyimages ...not everyone loves seeing links hanging around a site wink
sounds difficult. sad
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:36am On Jul 10, 2015
Lemme just try this . . .
<script src='https://cdn.mathjax.org/mathjax/latest/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS-MML_HTMLorMML'></script>

Failed . . .
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 12:37am On Jul 10, 2015
Teempakguy:
sounds difficult. sad
Its more easier than u think smiley
Check out This link to see what I mean...pay attention to the texts under each image...
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:42am On Jul 10, 2015
RobinHez:

Its more easier than u think smiley
Check out This link to see what I mean...pay attention to the texts under each image...
where is it nah

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo / Scientists Successfully Reverse Human Ageing Process (Pics) / Escaped Lion Found In Kano Zoo After Devouring Goats In Their Cage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.