Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,130 members, 7,814,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

The Sciences Discussion Thread. - Science/Technology (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Sciences Discussion Thread. (68724 Views)

Universe Or Multiverse. (A Discussion) / Who Has Seen Smartbird? Discussion Thread For Novel ways to fly. / Possibility Of Alien Life (discussion Thread) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Slimzjoe(m): 9:03am On Jul 08, 2015
FrancisTony:

I don't agree that "dumbness" is a mental disorder.

By the way, what aspect do you classify as dumb because I believe all humans weren't created to exercise their intelligence quotent in the same aspect.
Teempakguy:
thank you for this, bro. I initially wanted to make the same reply but procrastinated.
Being dumb is actually perfectly normal. It is God given. . . I guess. And it is relative.
The relativity of intelligence is what causes all of these. Some people are just not as smart as the others.

So, you're both Saying Dumb People simply have Lower Intelligence? Intelligence comes from the Brain tho.
And Teem, God did not create anybody Dumb. He Made all men Equal wink and Different Factors after birth are what Influenced the Person's Reasoning.
Good Morning guys
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 08, 2015
Slimzjoe:

So, you're both Saying Dumb People simply have Lower Intelligence? Intelligence comes from the Brain tho.
And Teem, God did not create anybody Dumb. He Made all men Equal wink and Different Factors after birth are what Influenced the Person's Reasoning.
Good Morning guys
You have a point but you should know that RELIGION & SCIENCE, doesn't go hand in hand.

An average scientist won't admit that God created human hence your "equality" analogy of brains, is void.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Slimzjoe(m): 10:08am On Jul 08, 2015
FrancisTony:

You have a point but you should know that RELIGION & SCIENCE, doesn't go hand in hand.

An average scientist won't admit that God created human hence your "equality" analogy of brains, is void.

I know that... I was only trying to Debunk Teem's Claim that God Created some People Dumb.

And you Francis, why Do you think Some People are Smarter than Others?
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:17am On Jul 08, 2015
Slimzjoe:

I know that... I was only trying to Debunk Teem's Claim that God Created some People Dumb.

And you Francis, why Do you think Some People are Smarter than Others?
I believe in God and I will accrue it ALL to Him. tongue

Nutrition and Environment might/can also alter/influence brain cell(s) development.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Slimzjoe(m): 10:31am On Jul 08, 2015
FrancisTony:

I believe in God and I will accrue it ALL to Him. tongue

Nutrition and Environment might/can also alter/influence brain cell(s) development.

All this our Naija Scientists Sef grin Always teaching people about evolution without believing it themselves cheesy

Anyway, Do you believe in Teem's Hypothesis on Make Dumbs Smarter?
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 10:37am On Jul 08, 2015
Slimzjoe:

All this our Naija Scientists Sef grin Always teaching people about evolution without believing it themselves cheesy

Anyway, Do you believe in Teem's Hypothesis on Make Dumbs Smarter?
No, I don't.
For example, no matter how some people read, they'll never pass an examination.
But, guess what? They are not dumb.

I don't believe anyone is dumb but we were created to function differently and complement each other.
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 08, 2015
Slimzjoe:

Good Morning guys
good morning.
LOL . . . your thinking is interesting. cheesy

Short people, kids with cancer, disabled people. Who created them then?

It is not fair to deny the existence of a real group of people to satisfy belief in a deity. The fact remains that for every quality living things possess, there will always be some that have it more than others. Not all cheetahs run at the same speed, some are faster than others. Some whales are bigger than the others. There will always be seemingly better individuals. But still, one cannot deny the existence of the weakest.

Also, you think that nutrition and environment are responsible for intelligence. But I beg to differ. Even with the superb environment offered in America, some are still mentally inferior to even us here. This indicates that there is something else. Something irrespective of environment.

Anyway . . . moving on . . .

1 Like

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 08, 2015
FrancisTony:

No, I don't.
For example, no matter how some people read, they'll never pass an examination.
But, guess what? They are not dumb.

I don't believe anyone is dumb but we were created to function differently and complement each other.
the main question here is, what does dumb mean? and it simply means being less intellectually proficient than the observer. If you are smarter than someone, then automatically, that person is dumb in relation to you!

Like you said, some people never pass an examination . . . actually, sometimes that is due to other factors besides intelligence.

Now, what makes you smarter than a person?
The ability to see what he cannot. The ability to be the better communicator. The ability to learn FASTER than he can.

Slimzjoe . . . William sidis, died in his forties, could speak over forty languages. At eleven he got accepted into Harvard. Three years later he was a professor. Can you tell me what nutrition/environment could have bestowed this young man with his gifts?
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Slimzjoe(m): 11:30am On Jul 08, 2015
Teem Children born with Disabilities are as a Result of Deficiancies Encountered during the 9months Stay in the stomach.

Animals where Created by God as Food for us tongue so he won't really spend time making them Perfect

America offers a Good environment. I agree. Yet some Children Growing up there are still Dumb? Yes I still agree and that's where other Factors Where supposed to come into Play. What kind of Food did the child eat Growing up? What kind of Activities does he spend most of his Time on? What Kind of Movies and People does he interact with to influence his thinking??

Seems we've Deviated a bit from the main Topic
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Slimzjoe(m): 11:44am On Jul 08, 2015
The William Sidis Story was Completely Exaggerated. His father Was also well Learned so there's every Possibility he was Well Tutored by his Father
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 11:46am On Jul 08, 2015
am enjoying this! grin
not johny and teem everytime!
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 11:47am On Jul 08, 2015
Slimzjoe:
Teem Children born with Disabilities are as a Result of Deficiancies Encountered during the 9months Stay in the stomach.

Animals where Created by God as Food for us tongue so he won't really spend time making them Perfect

America offers a Good environment. I agree. Yet some Children Growing up there are still Dumb? Yes I still agree and that's where other Factors Where supposed to come into Play. What kind of Food did the child eat Growing up? What kind of Activities does he spend most of his Time on? What Kind of Movies and People does he interact with to influence his thinking??

no...carry on wink
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:56am On Jul 08, 2015
RobinHez:
am enjoying this! grin

not johny and teem everytime!
we gonna fight. Where are my nerve wracking questions? grin
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 08, 2015
Slimzjoe:
The William Sidis Story was Completely Exaggerated. His father Was also well Learned so there's every Possibility he was Well Tutored by his Father
first off, I suggest we know where each stand.

You believe that intelligence is due to nutritional and environmental factors.

I believe that intelligence is intrinsic. And that it comes from the genes.

Hence the motion of our debate.

Am I right in this regard?
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 08, 2015
Teempakguy:
the main question here is, what does dumb mean? and it simply means being less intellectually proficient than the observer. If you are smarter than someone, then automatically, that person is dumb in relation to you!

Like you said, some people never pass an examination . . . actually, sometimes that is due to other factors besides intelligence.

Now, what makes you smarter than a person?
The ability to see what he cannot. The ability to be the better communicator. The ability to learn FASTER than he can.

Slimzjoe . . . William sidis, died in his forties, could speak over forty languages. At eleven he got accepted into Harvard. Three years later he was a professor. Can you tell me what nutrition/environment could have bestowed this young man with his gifts?
You have a cogent point and you are indeed a wise boy man. grin

Nice thread and I am enjoying every bit of it. tongue
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 12:12pm On Jul 08, 2015
Teempakguy:
we gonna fight. Where are my nerve wracking questions? grin
on the way grin

u'll beg me to stop tongue
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 12:14pm On Jul 08, 2015
Slimzjoe:

grin grin grin
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jul 08, 2015
Slimzjoe:
Agreed . . . sometimes these deficiencies are due to the genes within their bodies. Genes that control their shaping.

yeah . . . I'm pretty sure God didn't create cheetahs for us to eat. Because then, why the hell haven't we been doing so?

all of these play but a small role in the eventual intelligence of the child. I was also a product of a rich environment. My dad had bought lots of books since his bachelor days and kept them in huge rice sacks in a room. Up to five sacks. Huge books too. Between the ages of five and twelve, I read almost everything there. Books by Dale Carnegie, Robert kiyosaki, Anthony Robbins, I read them all as a child. But here's the thing. All these books shaped my OUTLOOK not my intelligence.

Of course I am getting smarter by the day, due to environmental and nutritional factors. However, when I was born, I already had some level of ability that allowed me to learn fast. I also have a fatal flaw. A terrible memory. Upon all my nutrition. grin it is still there. Because it's in my DNA.

this is the main topic.

In short, I think we are both right. Genes, environmental and nutritional factors all contribute to the final intellect of any individual. Don't you agree?
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 08, 2015
RobinHez:

grin grin grin
animals are for chopping jare. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jul 08, 2015
RobinHez:

on the way grin

u'll beg me to stop tongue
amen tongue
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jul 08, 2015
FrancisTony:

You have a cogent point and you are indeed a wise boy man. grin

Nice thread and I am enjoying every bit of it. tongue
better. grin
Thanks . . . grin

1 Like

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jul 08, 2015
As they say, beggars can't be choosers, in fact begger take what they can get. A begger on the street can make one cigarette out of every 6 cigarette butts he finds. After one whole day of searching and checking public ashtrays the begger finds a total of 72 cigarette butts. How many cigarettes can he make and smoke from the butts he found?
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Slimzjoe(m): 12:47pm On Jul 08, 2015
Teempakguy:
first off, I suggest we know where each stand.

You believe that intelligence is due to nutritional and environmental factors.

I believe that intelligence is intrinsic. And that it comes from the genes.

Hence the motion of our debate.

Am I right in this regard?

Yes Intelligence is Partially Intrinsic.

Cos there are Some Peepz that have Olodo Father and Mother but still smash Records in class
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
Faba:
As they say, beggars can't be choosers, in fact
begger take what they can get. A begger on the
street can make one cigarette out of every 6
cigarette butts he finds. After one whole day of
searching and checking public ashtrays the begger
finds a total of 72 cigarette butts. How many
cigarettes can he make and smoke from the butts
he found?

This shouldn't take long . . .

6 butts = 1 cigarette
72 butts = x cigarettes.

Cross multiplying, x = 72/6

x = 12

Done.

Not bad . . . lung cancer is in the way. grin

Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Slimzjoe(m): 12:49pm On Jul 08, 2015
RobinHez:

grin grin grin

Bros no be Jokes grin
Afterall he said Have Dominion over them. And he aslo told Peter Kill and Eat tongue
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jul 08, 2015
Slimzjoe:

Yes Intelligence is Partially Intrinsic.

Cos there are Some Peepz that have Olodo Father and Mother but still smash Records in class
exactly. smiley
Partially intrinsic. wink
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 08, 2015
Slimzjoe:

Bros no be Jokes grin
Afterall he said Have Dominion over them. And he aslo told Peter Kill and Eat tongue
chai . . . eating things grin grin grin

Btw, have you tried octopus? I heard they're really delicious. So, when RobinHez gets his wish, dinner is served. grin
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Slimzjoe(m): 12:54pm On Jul 08, 2015
Teem if you had not been Reading Those Books, there's every Possibility you would be as Dumb as Kardashia tongue .

And so, Yes! We're on dsame Page.....Various Factors Contribute To a Person's Smartness
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Slimzjoe(m): 12:57pm On Jul 08, 2015
Teempakguy:
chai . . . eating things grin grin grin

Btw, have you tried octopus? I heard they're really delicious. So, when RobinHez gets his wish, dinner is served. grin

I heard Octopus Eyes is Very sweet When Grilled tongue
RobinHez, We're waiting for You to Transform grin
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jul 08, 2015
Slimzjoe:

I heard Octopus Eyes is Very sweet When Grilled tongue
RobinHez, We're waiting for You to Transform grin
grin grin grin
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jul 08, 2015
Slimzjoe:
Teem if you had not been Reading Those Books, there's every Possibility you would be as Dumb as Kardashia tongue .
let kanye west catch you oh. tongue

And so, Yes! We're on dsame Page.....Various Factors Contribute To a Person's Smartness
great! smiley
Re: The Sciences Discussion Thread. by RobinHez(m): 1:23pm On Jul 08, 2015
I NO BLAME UNA O.... grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (34) (Reply)

A 50,000-Year-Old Lake In India Turns Pink And Experts Don't Know Exactly Why / This Is What A Sheep Looks Like After Five Years Without Shearing (Graphic Photo / Scientists Successfully Reverse Human Ageing Process (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.