Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,762 members, 7,817,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 AM

The Fear Of EFCC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Fear Of EFCC (5243 Views)

Fear Of Stone-throwers Forces Kwara Governor To Cancel Independence Day - S.R / North Warns Jonathan Against Use Of EFCC . / I'll Rather Die Than Beg IBB - Ribadu of EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fear Of EFCC by Jaybaba(m): 6:09pm On Sep 29, 2006
We cannot go on accepting half standards in this country. We had over 20 years of military dictatorship that put us in the brink of a fall into the abyss and then we got democracy but not full "half democracy". Some1 said half bread is better than none and we are managing OBJ and his half democracy, now some1 wants us to manage half performing EFCC cause half EFCC is better than none, but as for me, I refuse to accept half standard, the EFCC should begin to prosecute OBJ and if Ribadu cannot find anything on him, then RIBADU should be sentenced for ineptness and gross inexperience at incompetence or something worse.
Why should we manage everything, can't we get something good or full? The only good agency of this admin is NAFDAC, they don't take bribe, they are comitted to sanitising consumables and there is great deal of integrity there. No wonder the lady is receing a lot of assasination attempts and not threats. Ribadu is a corrupt police man and u know how our police men work, settlement.

For those who want IBB back, we can as well pray for the devil to take over the country. Some1 was cinc for 8 years and had all the power to make this country the pride of Africa but he would not and now he wants a second chance. OBJ had 4 years and got anoter 4 and he put us into a more deplorable condition he and Atiku and they both want a new term or 3rd term. Devil punish and baptise them. We no want, we want good govt and not management.
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by ishmael(m): 7:10pm On Sep 29, 2006
FLEX06:

They are citizens they have dual citizenship and you on the other hand is an illegal alien, so vamoose before we call IMIGA come get you

Pally dem recognise me as Nigerian citizen pass u sef if you no know.
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by saintchux(m): 7:48pm On Sep 29, 2006
Mariory:

You think RIbadu and the EFCC are magicains? How can they find evidence of wrong doing without evidence or a trail to follow? If you have information give it to them or are you just repeating allegations?

There is evidence. The former minister of education was sacked. He confessed, so what is holding EFCC. Late Sunday Afolabi confessed in the national id card project. so what are you talking about?
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by Caradona(f): 9:30pm On Sep 29, 2006
aleast they are trying
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by jydoh(m): 9:41pm On Sep 29, 2006
But dere are sacred cows. quoting OBJ on @ PDP NEC meeting in Abuja On the issue of EFCC investigating PDP Gov. on Channels News today " I spoke with the chairman(PDP Chairman), and he confirmed that there are truly allegations from EFCC concerning some Govs. but u know allegations can still be investigated for its stance if genuine or not. " so invariably alll accused Govs. might still be found innocent in the PDP caucus of Baba Iyabo providded the Pays Homage else he be found Guilty as charged be the roaring Lion called EFCC.

Naijas no get hv Half Bread @all, WE NO JUST GET BREAD CHIKENA. Na horror/Scripted film Federal Gov. dey act grin
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by donmayor(m): 10:04pm On Sep 29, 2006
If we seat back and say we are satisfied with the little they are giving us, trust nigerian government they would feel they have done the best and do nuttin more. LEts wake up and request more action from those we put in power
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by archbishop(m): 10:34pm On Sep 29, 2006
THE FEAR OF E.F.C.C. IS THE BEGINING OF WISDOM:
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
The people in Politics,Abuja and Governors in Nigeria are all afraid
of E.F.C.C. .
This is because they are all guilty.
Thank God for E.F.C.C. and also for Nuhu Rabadu.
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by Odeku(m): 1:58am On Sep 30, 2006
BINGO, if their hands are so clean as they are saying, let them give up the immunity clause and let Ribadu go visit them, they will be eating cold beans and Rice with no water.
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by popsonj(m): 2:29am On Sep 30, 2006
To be realistic, the EFCC is sentimental in it's actions, but that wouldn't mean we should ignore the fact that they've not tried to bring some bad Nigerians to book. They tried, and atleast created some fear in some of the bad rulers we have, if not all because i think SOME BENEFIT FROM THE "IMMUNITY" OF EFCC. If you don't know, OBJ'S loyalists have the EFCC'S "IMMUNITY"
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by BigB11(m): 3:30am On Sep 30, 2006
Advise for the EFCC from Kassim Afegbua (Daily Sun 09/29/06)

I want to advise Ribadu. He should know that government comes and goes, but institutions remain. Yesteryear, there was an Al-Mustapha, who was equivalent of a president, but today, the young man is cooling off in prison, by no ordinary design of his own. That is the tragetry of power. If Ribadu is happy with his job, if he is overzealous with his job, he should also apply caution.
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by BigB11(m): 3:36am On Sep 30, 2006
I don't have any respect for a group that doesn't act on it's own.
How could you have respect for an organization that is being controlled by remote control? A political tool that is being used to accomplish propaganda agenda of the current administration.

Till EFCC restructures their strategy as well as their policy, they will be nothing but a fluke.
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by dblock(m): 6:15am On Sep 30, 2006
EFCC rocks, the only prob they got is the acting part undecided
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by waffistyle(m): 10:55am On Sep 30, 2006
men i believe that we should stop chasing shadows, if you don't have skeletons in your cupboard, you have no fear,
have you ever been to Calabar?, i envy Nigerians from there, that man Duke is wonderful, Cross River is the poorest Niger Deltan state(South-South), but see how Mr. Duke has utilized the' little' funds, that man obviously has no skeletons in his cupboard, and can't be scared, the issue of Ribadu been partial is not important, at least all those indicted,actually seems to really have questions to answer, we are also a little bit in a hurry, this commission as done noble for the short period of their existence, this administration of Obj has also tried, man it is not easy to stay in glass houses and throw stones o!!!well i wonder,it seems the glass house of OBj is very thick or reinforced with steel, or actually steel that reflects like glass,
i greet you all.
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by superman(m): 11:31am On Sep 30, 2006
Big B1

it looks like EFFC got ur grand dad in their KIRI KIRI for life. no let out
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by youngies(m): 2:46pm On Sep 30, 2006
"Mallam Nuhu Ribadu is an accident in Obasanjo's Government" - Gani Fawehinmi
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by youngies(m): 2:54pm On Sep 30, 2006
EFCC is partial and acting from a script? Can somebody tell me any credible Nigerian that has ever joined in this saying? I mean people like: Gani, Oshomole, Wole Soyinka, Falana, Chris Okotie, Olisa Agbokoba, Chinua Achebe, Emegwali, Maccido, Cardinal Okogie, Donald Duke, Archbishop Onayiko, Rev. Mathew Kuka, Gen. Buhari etc.
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by superman(m): 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2006
which kind youngies be this? na yeye talk! who u de call credible nigerians! am i mistaken things here. Donald Duke rite a governor was among the ones indicted am i right now. Chris Okotie i see on TV sayin he want IBB back! hmmmm hmmmmm we de watch ooo
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by youngies(m): 3:04pm On Sep 30, 2006
, so why must it be only people like: IBB, Atiku, Fayose, Riky Tarfa, Garba Shehu, Sani Yerima, Chimaroke Nnamani, Joshua Dariye, Orji Kalu, Tarfa Balogun, Emma Nwude, Martina Anajemba, Ade Bendle, Mike Adenuga, Muhamed Babangida etc, are the only ones propagating this saying?

Look at the list very well, don't they have something in common?
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by youngies(m): 3:05pm On Sep 30, 2006
@superman,

You do not need to call me names before you can make your comment
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by youngies(m): 3:10pm On Sep 30, 2006
Hear them again! "EFCC is after only OBJ's enemeis"

Are these people OBJ's enemies:

1. Sunday Afolabi
2. Tarfa Balogun
3. Adolfus Wabara
4. Fabian Osuji
5. Adamu Abudulahi
6. Peter Odili
7. Alh. Akwanga
8. Otunba Fasawe
9. Mrs Goodluck Jonathan
10. etc
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by youngies(m): 3:20pm On Sep 30, 2006
@Big B1

There is no organisation in this world that is not under some form of control, even CIA, FBI, Scotland Yard, KGB or even the estwhile Gestapo!

It is no news that they been controlled by whomever, but the fact still remains that they can never visit you if your hands are clean.

It is even good that they are being remotely controlled as you alleged, because by the time OBJ takes care of his "enemies" another government will also come into power and take up OBJ's men; and thereby making the system clean.
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by youngies(m): 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2006
Though I am still waiting for someone to mention anyone in opposition that EFCC has sent to jail. Just one! none
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by Odeku(m): 3:22pm On Sep 30, 2006
Please enlighten bigB1, Mr Bush uses the FBI to go after his opponent for back tax evasion and stuff,
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by olaak1(m): 3:34pm On Sep 30, 2006
EFCC, would have Obj's government best programme if Baba Iyabo is not using double-standard measure or can he say Babangida and his cronies are saint?
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by youngies(m): 3:40pm On Sep 30, 2006
@ olaak1

Haven't Baba moved against IBB? He started by moving against his fronts. Adenuga and his son. Just wait and see. Sebi IBB has moved from PDP to NDP. Next from NDP to JAIL
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by Alexos(m): 9:21pm On Sep 30, 2006
I heard someone said = "THE FEAR OF EFCC IS THE BEGINNING OF POVERTY" grin cheesy wink
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by dblock(m): 1:47am On Oct 01, 2006
Wether EFCC is a political tool or not it is still exposing real criminals, its not a case of framing, its simply, beacuse you're my enemy i'll expose you, don't be so paranoid and naiive to think that the people indicted are just unfortunate and innocent victims of Obasanjos wrath, if OBJ controls EFCC then why did they investigate him, EFCC is doing a great job and even if you still think they are a half standard organisation, they are still the best corruption fighters this country has ever witnessed, The EFCC has been commended by many organisations worldwide, they are one of the few organistions in naija that have dignity, but most moves concerning corruption are sadly seen as political. When the big criminal Alam, was accused of laundering a large percentae saw it as a political tool when even scotland yard where after him, its foolish to see things that way
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 01, 2006
@ bigB1: You are already brainwashed by talking good of IBB and Atiku. For the fact you have hobson's choice doesn't mean the IBBs or Atikus should occupy the so-called number1 seat. These people are murderers and looters. No visions from them than looting us blind, unemployed and underemployed. We need to clean these people out or believe they will cleanse themselves out somewhat on our behalf. However aboveall, 90% of Nigerians are corrupt, deceitful and wicked!
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by Jaybaba(m): 5:53pm On Oct 01, 2006
Selective justice is the same thing as or even worse than INJUSTICE.
Obasanjo's hands are terribly dirty with evidences as visible as the sun and the EFCC is chasing and asking Atiku to explain what it calls "unusual co-incidences."
Notable Nigerians need not subscribe to this school of thought for it to be acceptable. The CIA, FBI, KJB, Scotland Yard may not be independent, yes but they investigate and prosecute people without bias. And when you hear people having opinions like "FBI is selective", they (FBI) go out their way to convince people they are not by their actions and when people continue to hold such opinions, then it is true and the FBI boss resigns on grounds of "incompetence, corruption, allegations, etc"
For Naija, the govt is the public opinion and we say we have democracy,
Wetin we get na crase demonstration.
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by Falciparum(m): 8:36pm On Oct 01, 2006
If a thief apprehends another thief it reduces the amount of thieves and that gives we the average people less rouges to worry about as long as some guilty people are indicted and no person is falsely accused then its all good let give it a chance.
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by otokx(m): 9:21pm On Oct 01, 2006
who is afraid of EFCC?
Re: The Fear Of EFCC by Lokoluv(f): 11:30pm On Oct 01, 2006
thnk heavens nigeria is stepn upnribadu is our man but hope obj wil nt be probed sn too,anywys am sure he knws n hs workn on it. grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Pictures Of Poverty In Europe And America, That Cnn Or Bbc Wont Show! / modifiedd / List Of Governors And Ministers Under Buhari's Regime (1984-1985)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.