Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,369 members, 7,815,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts (20846 Views)

Buhari Meets APC Governors In London (Photo) / APC Governors Resolve To Seek Ekweremadu’s Removal As They Meet With Buhari / Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Sharksblow(m): 8:56am On Jun 22, 2015
God help us in this country. And to think that people will just keep arguing here and those who put us in this mess keep enjoying their loots and going scot free. We the citizens need deliverance from our mediocrity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by ephi123(f): 8:56am On Jun 22, 2015
What have they been doing with all the money allocated to them in the past? There is a need for serious accountability in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by BillDesmond2much(m): 8:56am On Jun 22, 2015
Mtchwww
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by atiakatata: 8:57am On Jun 22, 2015
Pls Anambra govt should be watchful to collect our money first from debtor states if they indeed get bailout. The first thing after they get the bailout is to pay the banks and the bonds they have borrowed. Parasites!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by myklangelo(m): 9:00am On Jun 22, 2015
Nigeria is really broke...the state dependence on the federal level is not progressive. Let Nigeria really be federal. A state ought to carter for herself.

Ya Igbo language azonyela okpa na tuwita(tweeter)follow me @OdeniigboBlog for news in Igbo

The 1st Igbo language blog is out, it is fun and insightful. Visit, comment, share and criticize.www.odeniigbo..com
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 22, 2015
APC States have been reduced to beggar status

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by fexti: 9:02am On Jun 22, 2015
Na so
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:03am On Jun 22, 2015
You guys are busy shouting Imo Imo Imo when the worst state from the South East Abia is gettin destroyed by the day, sometimes I wonder why am from the state self.
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Rexphobia(m): 9:04am On Jun 22, 2015
Failed states? Failed banks? Remember....

I think AMCON should come into play. Failed states should be bought over by them and bailed out. Then the "shareholders" will be deleted from the register, debitors settled and "the board of directors" dissolved.

After a while, other viable states can buy over the states and start afresh, begin to grow IGR.
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 22, 2015
dearpreye:

Keep waiting endlessly for God. Don't do anything about your situation. Keep waiting. He's a Nigerian!

Till we ALL hold our thieves accountable, God shall continue to look upon as fools. That's the bitter truth.
TILL We STONE THEM LIKE THE WAY THE MUMU AMEACHI adviced we would continue to suffer.. cheesy

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Shaw007(m): 9:07am On Jun 22, 2015
Very Nice, please ask them these fundamental questions!!! This is what happens when some unintelligent people keep wasting huge sums of money and spend it on irrelevant nonsense, thinking the benchmark would be $78 forever.

So that aregbe too has the nerves to show his face

And the F.G too should not be excluded here, because they even did worse than the state, borrowing, spending(with nothing to show for it except bulletproof cars) and building a budget based on such an unstable and volatile benchmark, Now it has happened everyone is tying to shift the blame.
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 22, 2015
IzonOwei:
TILL We STONE THEM LIKE THE WAY THE MUMU AMEACHI adviced we would continue to suffer.. cheesy

That's the ONLY way. Man, I understand these Nigerians! How can a people keep disturbing God over issues they have the capacity and faculty to handle?
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:08am On Jun 22, 2015
o these foolish governors cant do without oil...see their dull faces.. angry,...oil oil oil...look inwards and move your individual states forward,,...they have been depending on the niger delta since the world began...rubbish,....
]

We really need deliverance from ourselves, thank God this isn't affectin just one Geo political zone coz if not the states go don die from useless tribalist aka Ndi Ofe Mmanu pple.
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 22, 2015
IzonOwei:
o these foolish governors cant do without oil...see their dull faces.. angry,...oil oil oil...look inwards and move your individual states forward,,...they have been depending on the niger delta since the world began...rubbish,....

Why should they look inside when they keep receiving huge alerts every end of the month for doing NOTHING?
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 22, 2015
dearpreye:

That's the ONLY way. Man, I understand these Nigerians! How can a people keep disturbing God over issues they have the capacity and faculty to handle?

they will keep callling God until thy kingdom come..
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by luvinhubby(m): 9:09am On Jun 22, 2015
Common sense.
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 22, 2015
IzonOwei:
they will keep callling God until thy kingdom come..

We're simply deploying God as an excuse for our laziness and backwardness. Miserable African Continent: Should the White come and rescue you?

We weren't the only continent that was colonised. Useless people.

I'm currently beside a roundabout in PH. JUST come and witness the disorder and confusion. SMH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by walosha(f): 9:11am On Jun 22, 2015
Bail wetin ?
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by RedEagle: 9:12am On Jun 22, 2015
No one should blame FG for what these states are suffering.

Remember that states were given funds from the ECA and Sure-P, what did these governors especially the 2nd term guys do with it?

Some of these guys got the Highest share of the ECA and normal allocations, yet they are beggin,

The states who are doing more with less and paying most of their salaries e.g Enugu, CR and Ebonyi do they have two heads?

Rochas Okorocha is a disappointment and an embarrassment.

Imo state that was the firsst state to build a IPP in the 80s is now a beggar state.

Imo people are stupid sha and Imo PDP is also stupid for bringing out a bad option like Ihedioha.

Imo has more competent people than these people.

A cursory look at Imo senators and I am even more disappointed they voted 3 useless people.

IMO STATE, where you people sleeping during the election.

If na human being do una this thing, e no go better for the person oh.

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:12am On Jun 22, 2015
dearpreye:

Why should they look inside when they keep receiving huge alerts every end of the month for doing NOTHING?
preye its just high time these suckers stand up to their responsibilities as governors..they need to look beyond oil...in fact they all need to espouse and clamor for true federalism..they've all been running away from it because of the oil in the Niger delta..now oil price is plummeting they need to come to terms with each state managing its resources..lazy fools...
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by HKhouseofhello: 9:13am On Jun 22, 2015
House of Hello official website: www.houseofhello.hk Facebook ID:houseofhelloltd Twitter ID:houseofhelloltd
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 22, 2015
dearpreye:

We're simply deploying God as an excuse for our laziness and backwardness. Miserable African Continent: Should the White come and rescue you?

We weren't the only continent that was colonised. Useless people.

I'm currently beside a roundabout in PH. JUST come and witness the disorder and confusion. SMH.
grin grin grin...we are just beyond redemption i swear...God God God but we are the most lawless and corrupt set of humans...nigeria needs a serious troubleshooting...
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by luvinhubby(m): 9:14am On Jun 22, 2015
dearpreye:

Keep waiting endlessly for God. Don't do anything about your situation. Keep waiting. He's a Nigerian!

Till we ALL hold our thieves accountable, God shall continue to look upon as fools. That's the bitter truth.
My brother i never knew the scales will fall off our eyes so soon.
There is no more GEJ to call names for the miserable state of the finances of these governors, now they are begging for bailout despite their federal allocations still being paid up to date.
Until Nigerians rise against these governors violently, they will continue seeing themselves as demi-gods ruling over servient spirits in the masses.
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by anonimi: 9:15am On Jun 22, 2015
Fine bara, decent bara ni grin grin
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by LoveMachine(m): 9:16am On Jun 22, 2015
Ikengawo:
Lagosians are being taxed to death and this is their streets I kid you not. These are from a trip i took this week!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2539495_11536070101534029375991144254745047279238652n1_jpg904d6bcb9290d642e644c693f99fce70
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2539504_11535817101534029359141149092722280260162557n_jpg81f8a9c9523fe01700d0045dbadb6c3b
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2539510_10641016101534029353391143606536068180508172n_jpege8abc961832792888aa249cb44a8e995

People will be shouting APC APC APC Yoruba Yoruba Yoruba while sloshing through this just to look for a job to feed their hopeless children. I'm an Igbo man and I hate what Rochas Okorocha is reducing Imo to. Under Sam Mbakwe, Imo build it's own airport with 0 federal assistance or money and local engineers and architects. Today we stand toe to toe with Osun and Zamafara to beg for money from a cattle rearer with no education!

This can't be life!

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 22, 2015
APC Governors should please desist from this its bad for our democracy
Meanwhile please patronize Hary Building Concept. As the best awaits you with us. Thanks.

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by anonimi: 9:17am On Jun 22, 2015
luvinhubby:

My brother i never knew the scales will fall off our eyes so soon.
There is no more GEJ to call names for the miserable state of the finances of these governors, now they are begging for bailout despite their federal allocations still being paid up to date.
Until Nigerians rise against these governors violently, they will continue seeing themselves as demi-gods ruling over servient spirits in the masses.

Abi oh.

For those who may have forgotten how we got here with the governors INSISTING on sharing the reserves despite calls for prudence by Jonathan, a refresh =>

FG, States, LGs Share N568.4 Billion for Oct
15 NOVEMBER 2013

Also, $1billion was proposed for distribution to complement shortfall in expected revenue." The $1billion is a compromise by the FG over its words in September not to augment shortfalls anymore.

Responding to the presentation, the chairman of the States Commissioners of Finance and Ebonyi State Commissioner of Finance, Mr Timothy Odaah, lamented that the statutory allocation was getting smaller and smaller. "It appears this is the worst in terms of returns. This is the least in allocations as far as this year is concerned. We are mourning the dearth of funds and this is a wakeup call for states and local governments to buoy up their internally generated revenue."

While appreciating the "magnanimity" of President Goodluck Jonathan to approve the $1billion from the excess crude account and to be shared among the federal, state and local governments, Odaah expressed disappointment with the returns made by the NNPC.

He said that [size=14pt]the states had requested for $2bn[/size] to complement for the shortfall in revenue but got only $1billion. In September, Odaah and fellow commissioners had walked out of the Accountant General of the Federation (AGF) when the federal government said that the framework of the 2013 budget was no longer realistic and it won't augment shortfall in revenue. Odaah raised issues with the statutory allocations of previous months.

More from: http://allafrica.com/stories/201311150323.html

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:17am On Jun 22, 2015
IzonOwei:
preye its just high time these suckers stand up to their responsibilities as governors..they need to look beyond oil...in fact they all need to espouse and clamor for true federalism..they've all been running away from it because of the oil in the Niger delta..now oil price is plummeting they need to come to terms with each state managing its resources..lazy fools...

We're a lazy group of people. I only pity our people.

Let the oil price continue to plummet. Maybe it will force some animals to resume thinking.
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by MrImole: 9:17am On Jun 22, 2015
Bunch of failures...
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 22, 2015
I thought they claim Jona left nothing. Where is Buhari going to get money for bail out?
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 22, 2015
Ikengawo:

is it a lie? what other igbo man do you see there. Did you know that Enugu makes it's citizens build their own projects and either aids them in building it or pays them after they themselves complete it. The cost of governance is the lowest in Nigeria and the IGR is now the 4th highest After Lagos, Ibom, Delta and Rivers.

This is with

1. No oil
2. Allocation as low as Osun
3. Federal neglect
4. Less industry that the top 4 states
5. (allegedly) less population
6. Low taxes

with low taxes Enugu raises the same money as Lagos that is killing people with tax. People will defend Lagos because they want to form 'I'm APC' and 'I'm Yoruba'. Meanwhile APC yoruba people are being robbed by Lastma and there are dead bodies lying untouched and untreated on various Lagos streets.

Very right brother. but lemme add one thing, our budget here in Enugu is actually 100 billion naira less than that of osun. Osun budgeted 195 billion naira dis year while Enugu budgeted 93 billion...last year, Enugu budgeted 85 billion naira n osun budgeted 235 billion...both states have a population of about 3.4 million people.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Awards Cristiano Ronaldo $300k As Compensation Over False Rape Case (Pix) / Tinubu Orders Emergency Meeting On Food Security As He Returns From France / Kudirat Abiola: I Have A Secret Letter That Will Tell All – Al-mustapha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.