Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,063 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts (20851 Views)

Buhari Meets APC Governors In London (Photo) / APC Governors Resolve To Seek Ekweremadu’s Removal As They Meet With Buhari / Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by ERODEDEAST(f): 10:41am On Jun 22, 2015
teebaxy:
APC governors, will be like buhari fulfil ur own part of the deal. we gave u all d money for ur campaign

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by francizy(m): 10:45am On Jun 22, 2015
Adeyinka12:
i beg shutup,no one stop you from blaming your government.the fact is that jonathan contribute alot to the downfall of nigeria economy.

If na APC state mess up now, you will blame the masses..

OK, kontinu! grin undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Adeyinka12(m): 10:55am On Jun 22, 2015
francizy:

If na APC state mess up now, you will blame the masses..
OK, kontinu! grin undecided
why not,with all these mess i blame all.
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 22, 2015
They should ask this APC's States what they use their Allocations' for! is it that they use it for Buhari campaign and they now want a refund? they should let us know

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Billygee2u: 11:07am On Jun 22, 2015
pazienza:
Look at us standing among
yoruba and hausa states begging for
money!!! chie!

This line got me laughing so hard eh!
Babiala grin
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by sped1oro(m): 11:25am On Jun 22, 2015
They had better find a lasting solution to this infraction
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by PStacks(m): 11:32am On Jun 22, 2015
Ikengawo:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/06/states-request-for-bail-out-and-its-consequences/

Honestly, this is a brilliantly conceived article and the author was spot on,

But truth be told, if them say make we open fowl yansh for nigeria, everybody is culpable.

No single saint in this our country. The problem with nigeria is nigerians.

Buhari should just focus on Peace, reconciliation and restitutions.

People should purge themselves of every negatives and flush it down the drain with the Goodluck Administration..

Let everything be by-gone and let's resume a Brand #NewNigeria.

Governors are reckless,
Commissioners are reckless,
Local government chairmen are reckless
Police is reckless
DSS is reckless
Army is reckless

Just about every arm of our national life is corrupt.

Buhari Has come with #Change. May this change abide with us as a Nation now and forever more. Amen.
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by yemdogg: 11:49am On Jun 22, 2015
It's obvious... Apc is full of crap. Instead of working towards development they're busy formulating propaganda.... Now they're in government they're don't know what to do without their propaganda cos it's the only thing they're good for. Useless folks
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Oiselenjakhian(m): 12:33pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hello Everyone. My company Dreamquest Multimedia has just released a commemorative game on the recent victory by the APC.

You can download it for free on the Google Play store here -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Dreamquest+Multimedia&hl=en

Please contact me if you need web development, interactive media and game development services. My number is +2349032291323.

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by stephmike(m): 12:36pm On Jun 22, 2015
I tink for d seek of workers who @ d receiving end, pmb shud assist misappropriated govs ooo
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by UNUGWA01: 1:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by jadajada: 1:00pm On Jun 22, 2015
bornmekus:
Buhari will not do magic to bail them out.They should go back to their states and probe the former Governors.
What about those on second term, are they gonna probe themselves?
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by UNUGWA01: 1:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
Change has beckon on us
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Tinyemeka(m): 1:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ikengawo:
meanwhile people are even owing Anambra money. I think that if you ask for a bailout the justified thing would be to resign first. A state like Anambra has low allocation and unbelievably high population so they're serving more people with less money.

[img]http://exploringafrica.matrix.msu.edu/students/images/population_density.jpg[/img]

I pray that Imo will be free from the grips of Okorocha but it's looking hopeless. We're going to lose another 4 years to using our money as a personal marketing budget. Saddening! I blame PDP in Imo for being a den of foolish and primitive thieves that don't know the game of politics. Look at us standing among yoruba and hausa states begging for money!!! chie!

It's a big shame.

I ceased viewing Rochas as a nwafor a long time ago.
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by free13: 2:11pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ikengawo:

It has nothing to do with Abuja! We can't say this is normal behavior from Nigerians governors. The bottom line is Osun for example started O Meals, which is giving kids a horrible god forsaken piece of Garri and soup EVERY SINGLE DAY for 365 years. Great program right? Fine, but they didn't think 'will this cost money' and 'how will i raise the funds'. Didn't they think to increase taxes or cut spending elsewhere? No. They borrowed.

Okorocha made 'education free' in Imo. Did he increase tax anywhere, or think of a way to raise the money? No. He just borrowed

Fashola has used all the increased tax to pay Tinubu.

all of these governors did these things not to advance their states but to promote their own person. These are all polices intended to deceive the poor that are no different from throwing rice on the floor and people praising you because they can pick it up and cook with it. No plan, nothing is being 'built', people aren't being taught how to sustain themselves, employment isn't created lives aren't advanced.

But look at Anambra with less allocation than all of them. They privatized education. They're #1 in education now and don't have to include education in their budget at all. They privatized health care. They're #1 in healthcare and don't have to include that in their budget at all. What's left is continuing to build their roads and aid their factories while lending money to these populist alcoholics that use state budgets like personal promotion funds with their babalawo economics.

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by free13: 2:21pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ikengawo:

is it a lie? what other igbo man do you see there. Did you know that Enugu makes it's citizens build their own projects and either aids them in building it or pays them after they themselves complete it. The cost of governance is the lowest in Nigeria and the IGR is now the 4th highest After Lagos, Ibom, Delta and Rivers.

This is with

1. No oil
2. Allocation as low as Osun
3. Federal neglect
4. Less industry that the top 4 states
5. (allegedly) less population
6. Low taxes

with low taxes Enugu raises the same money as Lagos that is killing people with tax. People will defend Lagos because they want to form 'I'm APC' and 'I'm Yoruba'. Meanwhile APC yoruba people are being robbed by Lastma and there are dead bodies lying untouched and untreated on various Lagos streets.

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by free13: 2:28pm On Jun 22, 2015
bjdon:
How can the FG bailout the states, when the FG itself is broke? The FG has been borrowing massively to pay salaries and meet other expenses. Painful as it is the current economic downturn is EXACTLY WHAT NIGERIA NEEDS. People need to be shaken out of their zombie like complacency and start to hold their leaders to account.
On a Macro level only a massive and substantial reconstructing of the nation will arrest the current decline.

The simple truth is that the current 36 state, almost 600 LGs, Federal structure is not fit for purpose, not viable and will eventually collapse.

Nigeria needs to go back to regional model, with between 6 to 10 regions all responsible for the bulk of their financial affairs. The FG will only focus on defense, foriegn affairs Macro economic strategy. The other core responsibility of the FG would be mega infrastructure like high speed rail links, power generation, world class highways...etc. In such a model each region would then be FORCED to look inwards towards it's strengths and resources, just like in the First republic where we had the groundnut pyramids in the North, cocoa in the SW...etc.
As long as we continue with this current 'rate collecting' model, then anytime we have oil shocks, the whole country will experience a downturn.

BTW the G7 Nations have made a commitment to do away with fosil fuels by 2050 and China is actually ahead of the west in green technology, so in 35 years time, the oil will be basically worthless anyway, best to start implementing the reforms that will put us in a position for sustained growth regardless of the economics of the oil market.
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jun 22, 2015
fulanimafia:
Ikengawo do you understand that population density DOES NOT necessarily mean a high population?

A small generator room with 10 people has a higher population density than the Etihad Stadium with 1,000 people. The only reason the population density of Anambra is high on that map is because it's a town with a small piece of land hosting too many people, hence the density. Figures from NPC put Anambra state at 4.1 million while a state like Kano has over 9 million residents.

I will not respond further as the intention of your thread is laid bare starting from the deceptive foundation, and your chest beating tantrums instead of investigating why such states that clearly receive higher allocations are in this situation, considering of course they have a substantially higher financial burden being bigger states than Anambra in all ramifications.

Take Bayswater's advice.

I would like you to know that states with more landmass are those with higher local government areas. With the sharing formula kano gets more funds from the federal government. Having a high population density has always been an excuse used by supporters of fashola to explain how difficult and expensive it is to manage a state like Lagos.

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by bewla(m): 6:40am On Jun 23, 2015
francizy:

People who pay heavy taxes shouldn't be made to throw waste anywhere they see. Like 5 - 10 Huge waste containers should be kept at each streets (depending on the size of the street) with trucks sent in at least twice a week to empty such trash and people be made to pay for it in one way or the other.

Do that and let's see if you won't have a better Lagos state. Right now, Lagos state is a state indepted and selectively beautified with so many areas abandoned.

Any state in a foreign country receiving such huge money Lagos is receiving as allocation plus IGR, would have curbed this whole hold up issue in one way or the other, even if it means investing in light rail with overhead tracks or building roads overhead, any which way, they would have curbed it.

Let's keep blaming the people when it involves APC and blame the government when it involves the PDP.. O ma sé oh!
U are wright bla bla bla but if are the owner of such house will u allow the waist can be place at your front or the roads that are already narrow u want them to b place on that part to make it more thin abi but let me tell u the problem with my area some people prefer to dump there waist in the rain than the waist van

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Two South-East Governors To Join APC" – Okorocha / Aminu Iya Abbas Elected Speaker, Adamawa Assembly / Shiites Protest, Ministerial List, Dakolo’s House Invasion, Others Top This Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.