Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts (20852 Views)

Buhari Meets APC Governors In London (Photo) / APC Governors Resolve To Seek Ekweremadu’s Removal As They Meet With Buhari / Bailouts Reveal Precarious Finances Of Nigerian States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by lokodon(m): 9:20am On Jun 22, 2015
Ikengawo:

It has nothing to do with Abuja! We can't say this is normal behavior from Nigerians governors. The bottom line is Osun for example started O Meals, which is giving kids a horrible god forsaken piece of Garri and soup EVERY SINGLE DAY for 365 years. Great program right? Fine, but they didn't think 'will this cost money' and 'how will i raise the funds'. Didn't they think to increase taxes or cut spending elsewhere? No. They borrowed.

Okorocha made 'education free' in Imo. Did he increase tax anywhere, or think of a way to raise the money? No. He just borrowed

Fashola has used all the increased tax to pay Tinubu.

all of these governors did these things not to advance their states but to promote their own person. These are all polices intended to deceive the poor that are no different from throwing rice on the floor and people praising you because they can pick it up and cook with it. No plan, nothing is being 'built', people aren't being taught how to sustain themselves, employment isn't created lives aren't advanced.

But look at Anambra with less allocation than all of them. They privatized education. They're #1 in education now and don't have to include education in their budget at all. They privatized health care. They're #1 in healthcare and don't have to include that in their budget at all. What's left is continuing to build their roads and aid their factories while lending money to these populist alcoholics that use state budgets like personal promotion funds with their babalawo economics.

Best post so far.

4 Likes

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by dustydee: 9:20am On Jun 22, 2015
Ikengawo:
Lagosians are being taxed to death and this is their streets I kid you not. These are from a trip i took this week!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2539495_11536070101534029375991144254745047279238652n1_jpg904d6bcb9290d642e644c693f99fce70
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2539504_11535817101534029359141149092722280260162557n_jpg81f8a9c9523fe01700d0045dbadb6c3b
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2539510_10641016101534029353391143606536068180508172n_jpege8abc961832792888aa249cb44a8e995
What is this?
Surely the people, just like the government, also have a responsibility. cry

People will be shouting APC APC APC Yoruba Yoruba Yoruba while sloshing through this just to look for a job to feed their hopeless children. I'm an Igbo man and I hate what Rochas Okorocha is reducing Imo to. Under Sam Mbakwe, Imo build it's own airport with 0 federal assistance or money and local engineers and architects. Today we stand toe to toe with Osun and Zamafara to beg for money from a cattle rearer with no education!
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by luvinhubby(m): 9:20am On Jun 22, 2015
IzonOwei:
preye its just high time these suckers stand up to their responsibilities as governors..they need to look beyond oil...in fact they all need to espouse and clamor for true federalism..they've all been running away from it because of the oil in the Niger delta..now oil price is plummeting they need to come to terms with each state managing its resources..lazy fools...
No sir, it is when WE rise up against them that THEY will rise up to their responsibilities.

3 Likes

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by teebaxy(m): 9:20am On Jun 22, 2015
APC governors, will be like buhari fulfil ur own part of the deal. we gave u all d money for ur campaign

3 Likes

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by dam4wummy(m): 9:21am On Jun 22, 2015
bornmekus:
Buhari will not do magic to bail them out.They should go back to their states and probe the former Governors.

And which former governor would likes of osun and imo probe Those that left the purse in good shape

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 22, 2015
dearpreye:

We're a lazy group of people. I only pity our people.

Let the oil price continue to plummet. Maybe it will force some animals to resume thinking.
maybe..just maybe...i found out something about our people and our country..we only act when situation is at sub zero..the Ebola case is a perfect example..the government and everybody acted accordingly because all lives were at stake...i think the oil price should fall to 20 dollars so that states can start looking for ways to harness there resources and move the nation forward..mumu too much for the country..we ve abandoned cocoa,coal,bauxite,tin,gold,fishing,agriculture etc all because of oil
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Generalkorex(m): 9:24am On Jun 22, 2015
Ikengawo:

is it a lie? what other igbo man do you see there. Did you know that Enugu makes it's citizens build their own projects and either aids them in building it or pays them after they themselves complete it. The cost of governance is the lowest in Nigeria and the IGR is now the 4th highest After Lagos, Ibom, Delta and Rivers.

This is with

1. No oil
2. Allocation as low as Osun
3. Federal neglect
4. Less industry that the top 4 states
5. (allegedly) less population
6. Low taxes

with low taxes Enugu raises the same money as Lagos that is killing people with tax. People will defend Lagos because they want to form 'I'm APC' and 'I'm Yoruba'. Meanwhile APC yoruba people are being robbed by Lastma and there are dead bodies lying untouched and untreated on various Lagos streets.

then what are enugu indigene still doing in states like lagos and abuja including anambra indigenes?
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Freksy(m): 9:25am On Jun 22, 2015
Nigerians should also meet these governors for the 5,000.00 Naira per month they promised to them.
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 22, 2015
Ermm ikengawo nwannem leave Yoruba and their states outta this, and let us face the criminal called rochas, I'm from Imo state and right now pensioners are being owed more than 6months. Imo state is practically in a stand still now nothing is going on and the most annoying thing is that the government keeps saying that there is money
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 22, 2015
luvinhubby:

No sir, it is when WE rise up against them that THEY will rise up to their responsibilities.
true..nigerians need to stop praising our politicians for doing nothing or achieving something mediocre...a governor visits a hospital by 2am and we see praise singers coming out to clap..a governor carries out one small project and we praise him..forgetting that that same governor would steal monies that could turn the state into dubai...talking about the word mumu is synonymous to talking about nigeria.... angry

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 22, 2015
IzonOwei:
maybe..just maybe...i found out something about our people and our country..we only act when situation is at sub zero..the Ebola case is a perfect example..the government and everybody acted accordingly because all lives were at stake...i think the oil price should fall to 20 dollars so that states can start looking for ways to harness there resources and move the nation forward..mumu too much for the country..we ve abandoned cocoa,coal,bauxite,tin,gold,fishing,agriculture etc all because of oil

Harnessing those resources require critical thinking- something the average black person doesn't favour.

He does nothing to gain from oil. He just sits there and sleaze over the profits.
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 22, 2015
dearpreye:

Harnessing those resources require critical thinking- something the average black person doesn't favour.

He does nothing to gain from oil. He just sits there and sleaze over the profits.
grin grin grin grin....
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by francizy(m): 9:36am On Jun 22, 2015
Ikengawo:
Lagosians are being taxed to death and this is their streets I kid you not. These are from a trip i took this week!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2539495_11536070101534029375991144254745047279238652n1_jpg904d6bcb9290d642e644c693f99fce70
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2539504_11535817101534029359141149092722280260162557n_jpg81f8a9c9523fe01700d0045dbadb6c3b
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2539510_10641016101534029353391143606536068180508172n_jpege8abc961832792888aa249cb44a8e995

People will be shouting APC APC APC while sloshing through this just to look for a job to feed their hopeless children. I'm an Igbo man and I hate what Rochas Okorocha is reducing Imo to. Under Sam Mbakwe, Imo build it's own airport with 0 federal assistance or money and local engineers and architects. Today we stand toe to toe with Osun and Zamafara to beg for money from a cattle rearer with no education!

Jesus Christ! What tha heck is that. Well, all I can say is APC is working.. Let the mofos who voted for them protect them and insult us when we criticize them.. It's only a matter of time and this country will be plunged into the darkest pit of hell..

People like aresa the Tinubu foot soldier and APC camera man will come here now and blame the citizens but if it were a PDP state they will want to let hell loose on them. So much for "I want the best for my country". undecided
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 22, 2015
Though I feel the plight of civil servants who are being owed in the various states, I still think it would be ill to have a Federal bailout programme for the states in debt. Every state in Nigeria is endowed with enough resources to carter for the need of the indigenous and also migrant population but due to the lack of mismanagement, some state has lost its definition of being a state and wholly depend on the Federation account before they can carry out any meaningful project (that's if the Govt. of the state is well sighted). This is ill. We practice Federalism in this country which gives autonomy to every individual member of the state the to govern itself economically and otherwise, so why then would a state that has plunge itself into crisis be looking for a federal bailout (wish include every other healthy state)?. I think the federal govt. should come up with two option; *Either the federal govt. declare a state of emergency in the affected states and the govt. of the states resign or **The affected states emerge with a more prosperous neighbor. So as the punish them for putting more burden on the federal govt. and also serve other state govt. who might be looking up to these state and also eyeing the on-going bailout process would take note.
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by NewsINigeria(m): 9:47am On Jun 22, 2015
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by francizy(m): 9:51am On Jun 22, 2015
Freelancer00:
When u wait for government to spoon feed you, you have a problem. The OP said Fashola used Lagos taxes to pay Tinnubu, are u a comedian?. The street in the picture, when the people leaving on that street lack basic environmental sanitation techniques, that's what they get. Or u want to tell me its the government that put all those ddirts in the drainages. Or u think if govt clears it for. them, it won't happen again?

Adeyinka12 post=35019872:
God bless you.

bewla:
To bad any thing wwe turn around and blame the government how do contribute your quarter

Muhehehehehehehe, so now that it involves APC we shouldn't blame our government bah? When all of you were hipping all woes on Jona, una don forget?

Some people go shyt blood, na Oga Jona cause am,
Some go hit leg for stone, na Oga Jona oh,
Some way dey impotent go say chai, Jona don come again oh,
Some way their girlfriend/boyfriend cheat on them go say na Jona do this one,
Some way their husband beat for house go say, this must be Jona handwork,
Some way their wife dey nag like mad go still blam Jona,
Some of them go get bad dream, chai, Jona witchcraft don come again oh..

But now way na APC, you wan blame the citizens? Nahhhhh... It's APC woes, else, what will you say about the tax people pay? Or are the governors meant to use it to buy Brazilian hair and make up kits for their wives? undecided

francizy:

People who pay heavy taxes shouldn't be made to throw waste anywhere they see. Like 5 - 10 Huge waste containers should be kept at each streets (depending on the size of the street) with trucks sent in at least twice a week to empty such trash and people be made to pay for it in one way or the other.

Do that and let's see if you won't have a better Lagos state. Right now, Lagos state is a state indepted and selectively beautified with so many areas abandoned.

Any state in a foreign country receiving such huge money Lagos is receiving as allocation plus IGR, would have curbed this whole hold up issue in one way or the other, even if it means investing in light rail with overhead tracks or building roads overhead, any which way, they would have curbed it.

Let's keep blaming the people when it involves APC and blame the government when it involves the PDP.. O ma sé oh!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 22, 2015
The lowered Federal Allocation to States has impacted even the Federal Government, but I realize that most of these state governments are merely cash drains. Even the IGR are spent on their families and the financing of their lifestyles. Last week, 22 vehicles were recovered from 3 wives of the immediate past APC governor in one of the Northern states, here we can not recover whatever number of cars he bought for his numerous concubines, nor trace his bank accounts, yet the governor walks free. These are all Federal allocation sent to states but pocketed by individuals who happen to be governors and we fight and defend these governors because they are our tribes man, our religion member or our party affiliate. In the end, we go back to our poorly lit homes, and manage whatever soup was left yesterday without little hope for another day.

We are doomed, and all man for himself until we re-engineer our thought process. We need structural mental adjustment as a people.

3 Likes

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by poiZon: 10:01am On Jun 22, 2015
Freelancer00:
So they can't buy dustbins?. Lagos state has waste trucks that go to almost every street every week to collect waste, isn't that enough. Look at the amount oh dirts on that road, its abnormal. If those residents aren't dirty, no one is.

did u ever imagine dirts, bins ccould travel in a medium?
what if those dirts were transported to that street via d flood?
n before u quote me think of the best lines else..........
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by bewla(m): 10:02am On Jun 22, 2015
francizy:

Muhehehehehehehe, so now that it involves APC we shouldn't blame our government bah? When all of you were hipping all woes on Jona, una don forget?

But now way na APC, you wan blame the citizens? Nahhhhh... It's APC woes, else, what will you say about the tax people pay? Or are the governors meant to use it to buy Brazilian hair and make up kits for their wives? undecided
sorry u got it wrong is it the government that put the rubbish dustbin in the gotter ask your self that. that y every one should check him self thats all
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Obipat(m): 10:03am On Jun 22, 2015
Mentcee:
Bad men. As soon as they receive the bail out cash, the South West ones will dash to render account of it to the thief referred to in my signature. That is the squint eyed odour mouth drug pusher. No 1 to rush is the fanatic refrigerator repairer at Oshogbo. Idiots.
person papa.SMDH
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by kernel504(m): 10:04am On Jun 22, 2015
They want to land him into trouble

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Generalkorex(m): 10:06am On Jun 22, 2015
kayode27:

Bros please do away with sentiments and employ your senses.

What are Nigerians doing in Ghana, South Africa and other neighbouring countries?
sentiment apart bro
I lived in Ibadan for gud 15years. Bt when my state started making sense.
We moved back home.
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by HzRF(m): 10:08am On Jun 22, 2015
Ikengawo:

It has nothing to do with Abuja! We can't say this is normal behavior from Nigerians governors. The bottom line is Osun for example started O Meals, which is giving kids a horrible god forsaken piece of Garri and soup EVERY SINGLE DAY for 365 years. Great program right? Fine, but they didn't think 'will this cost money' and 'how will i raise the funds'. Didn't they think to increase taxes or cut spending elsewhere? No. They borrowed.

Okorocha made 'education free' in Imo. Did he increase tax anywhere, or think of a way to raise the money? No. He just borrowed

Fashola has used all the increased tax to pay Tinubu.

all of these governors did these things not to advance their states but to promote their own person. These are all polices intended to deceive the poor that are no different from throwing rice on the floor and people praising you because they can pick it up and cook with it. No plan, nothing is being 'built', people aren't being taught how to sustain themselves, employment isn't created lives aren't advanced.

But look at Anambra with less allocation than all of them. They privatized education. They're #1 in education now and don't have to include education in their budget at all. They privatized health care. They're #1 in healthcare and don't have to include that in their budget at all. What's left is continuing to build their roads and aid their factories while lending money to these populist alcoholics that use state budgets like personal promotion funds with their babalawo economics.

Aregbesola didn't start feeding the children he only repackaged it to O'meal
Oyinlola started d feeding with lesser allocation for 7+yrs while salaries are fast coming in
Oyinlola fail to monitor projects he self acclaimed this
Nd we decided to give aregbe a chance to give us good infrastructure nt because we are hungry

He lack thinking
He rule us using lagos prototype
Building roads In billions, project that are useless Lyk parks, opon Imo
Everything in billions

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by poiZon: 10:09am On Jun 22, 2015
woodcook:

The city where I live it is difficult to come across a street without a waste bin. Five days a week Monday through Friday city council cleaner go around the city picking up dirty they use the long metal grab to pick up any trashes on the sidewalks, roads and from crevices. While once a week waste disposal trucks comes around to pick up garbage from peoples home. Once a week a different disposal team comes to pick up cartoons and paper waste. Once a week different waste disposal company comes to carry away recyclable waste from homes.

Which means waste disposal trucks comes to every street three times a week: one for biodegradable, recycled plastics and paper-based waste. In addition to that the city council still go around picking litters off the street. That does not mean that people do not have bins at home.

Bros my point is it is the job of the government to ensure that waste are properly disposed. It is quite unfortunate that over the years our government have found ways to pass the buck of the blame to we citizens and due to sheer ignorance and blind allegiance we accepted it was our fault. It saddens me when I hear our government telling our youths that they should create jobs for themselves and stop waiting on government, my question to them is what is the point of having a government and paying taxes when by the end of the day the citizens are expected to manage their waste disposal, clean their streets, provide employment themselves, provide their own security and power as well.

ur mind dey dia, so apt n on point.
it couldnt hv been said better than this, God bless us.
if govt cant create jobs which is one of their responsibilities then I think they shud stop collecting salaries.
most of our leaders dont even hv a clue how to create jobs n they want us to create jobs without grants or aid.

3 Likes

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by francizy(m): 10:09am On Jun 22, 2015
bewla:
sorry u got it wrong is it the government that put the rubbish dustbin in the gotter ask your self that. that y every one should check him self thats all

People who pay heavy taxes shouldn't be made to throw waste anywhere they see. Like 5 - 10 Huge waste containers should be kept at each streets (depending on the size of the street) with trucks sent in at least twice a week to empty such trash and people be made to pay for it in one way or the other.

Do that and let's see if you won't have a better Lagos state. Right now, Lagos state is a state indepted and selectively beautified with so many areas abandoned.

Any state in a foreign country receiving such huge money Lagos is receiving as allocation plus IGR, would have curbed this whole hold up issue in one way or the other, even if it means investing in light rail with overhead tracks or building roads overhead, any which way, they would have curbed it.

Let's keep blaming the people when it involves APC and blame the government when it involves the PDP.. O ma sé oh!

2 Likes

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Adeyinka12(m): 10:12am On Jun 22, 2015
Freelancer00:
When u wait for government to spoon feed you, you have a problem. The OP said Fashola used Lagos taxes to pay Tinnubu, are u a comedian?. The street in the picture, when the people leaving on that street lack basic environmental sanitation techniques, that's what they get. Or u want to tell me its the government that put all those ddirts in the drainages. Or u think if govt clears it for. them, it won't happen again? I'm not saying asking for bail out is right but don't jusst come here and talk nonsense cos u hate Yoruba and Hausa and APC
God bless you.
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by CaptPlanet(m): 10:12am On Jun 22, 2015
This is so sad! And the annoying thing is that they'll remain in power even after this gross misconduct. Some people here will even attack others for calling these thieves out.

But the heart wrenching part of this whole stupidity is that Buhari has to bail them out because he is as guilty as they are. He should stop playing to the gallery already and bail these guys out, after all they were the ones that funded the his campaign. They're all birds of a feather.

So for the sake of the masses and the sanity of Nigeria's democracy, just pay these guys and quit all this unnecessary drama. It's getting dumb and boring

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by francizy(m): 10:14am On Jun 22, 2015
Left for me, these governors owing, both PDP and APC, should use their dicks for ritual and then bail themselves out.

All civil servants, its high time you leave these state government jobs and start ya own biz, no matter how small. We can always fall back to Agriculture so that they use only ghost workers in their states. Nonsense! angry

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by IFELEKE(m): 10:18am On Jun 22, 2015
I still dont understand how The Federal Govt will handle this bail out request but If the Buhari led govt is sincere about fighting corruption then it should probe these states first because he who comes to equity they must come with clean hands!
Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by bjdon: 10:21am On Jun 22, 2015
How can the FG bailout the states, when the FG itself is broke? The FG has been borrowing massively to pay salaries and meet other expenses. Painful as it is the current economic downturn is EXACTLY WHAT NIGERIA NEEDS. People need to be shaken out of their zombie like complacency and start to hold their leaders to account.
On a Macro level only a massive and substantial reconstructing of the nation will arrest the current decline.

The simple truth is that the current 36 state, almost 600 LGs, Federal structure is not fit for purpose, not viable and will eventually collapse.

Nigeria needs to go back to regional model, with between 6 to 10 regions all responsible for the bulk of their financial affairs. The FG will only focus on defense, foriegn affairs Macro economic strategy. The other core responsibility of the FG would be mega infrastructure like high speed rail links, power generation, world class highways...etc. In such a model each region would then be FORCED to look inwards towards it's strengths and resources, just like in the First republic where we had the groundnut pyramids in the North, cocoa in the SW...etc.
As long as we continue with this current 'rate collecting' model, then anytime we have oil shocks, the whole country will experience a downturn.

BTW the G7 Nations have made a commitment to do away with fosil fuels by 2050 and China is actually ahead of the west in green technology, so in 35 years time, the oil will be basically worthless anyway, best to start implementing the reforms that will put us in a position for sustained growth regardless of the economics of the oil market.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Governors Assemble To Ask Buhari For Bailouts by Adeyinka12(m): 10:37am On Jun 22, 2015
francizy:

i beg shutup,no one stop you from blaming your government.the fact is that jonathan contribute alot to the downfall of nigeria economy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Second Coming Of President Buhari- An Episle By Dele Momodu / Abdulazeez Yari: Presidency Has To Go To The South / Osinbajo: We’re Proud Of Our Achievements As Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.