Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,080 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) (6196 Views)

Governor Fayose And His Vintage Car Spotted On The Streets Of Abuja. Photos / Nnamdi Kanu Poses With Friends As He's Freed From Kuje Prison In Abuja.PICS/VID / Vendor Shows Ahmed Indimi Photo Of His Wedding To Zahra On The Streets Of Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by Built2last: 7:49pm On Jun 22, 2015
Ok
Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by MalcoImX: 7:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:

You're the second guy to ask this question, I just wanna know if y'all are serious

Would it be okay if the whole zoos and jungles emptied out all the animals on the roads meant for cars and pedestrians?

We might as well have Elephants, Cows, Zebras, Anteloupes, Rams, Dogs, Rabbits and what not, competing for right of way with road users.
Animals don't like places of high human activities. They move farther away from such places. We'll be close to your answer if you and I can separate between wild animals and domestic animals. Domestic animals have been domesticated, and therefore are less harmful and can live with or near humans. A wild dog, for example, is not domesticated and you don't need a second thought but to try and kill it or it kills somebody.
Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by NoMoreTrolling: 7:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
tpiadotcom:

you're exaggerating.

Lol, is that the Serengeti grin

Also, rest assured that if it isn't and is a developed country, which we are striving towards, then animal control will be notified immediately.

Lastly, you seem to be a real advocate for the actualization of the expression, "Naija is a jungle".

1 Like

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by CountDracula(m): 7:53pm On Jun 22, 2015
ShineuEye:

You almost answered your own question, there are differences between pets and livestock. Pet owners can also be prosecuted if their pets was to harm innocent people. You won't remain passive if you son was bitten by your neighbours dog would you?

If my son gets killed by my neighbours dog there's nthng I can do to my neighbour. Go and ask any lawyer. Prove me wrong! As per d livestock and pet, they are ur property are dey nt?
Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by tonytony208(m): 7:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
CountDracula:

Wat are dey supposed to do? Arrest dem? undecided

Use your head, Mr. Does that place look like grazing ground? If their presence on the street look normal to you, then you need reeducation or even psychiatric check up.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by Odok1: 7:57pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hw u take kno say na pmb's cows d write hi name on dem?
Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by NoMoreTrolling: 8:04pm On Jun 22, 2015
MalcoImX:
Animals don't like places of high human activities. They move farther away from such places. We'll be close to your answer if you and I can separate between wild animals and domestic animals. Domestic animals have been domesticated, and therefore are less harmful and can live with or near humans. A wild dog, for example, is not domesticated and you don't need a second thought but to try and kill it or it kills somebody.

You're not really getting my point.

Under no circumstances should animals be jostling for space with road users, regardless of whether or not they are domesticated, unless of course in agreement with state laws.

I'll give you an example, on an episode of a certain UK highway patrol show, the officers kept spotting dogs going stray into the highway, thereby interfering with road users. So they had to get in touch with animal control to intercept those dogs, for the safety of road users and to keep traffic clear.

Now imagine the situation in Nigeria, where these animals are even left to roam due to no other reason than a dearth of enforcement.

We have become so used to lack of enforcement in many facets of the Nigerian society, that we now see the abnormal as normal.

5 Likes

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by CountDracula(m): 8:09pm On Jun 22, 2015
tonytony208:

Use your head, Mr. Does that place look like grazing ground? If their presence on the street look normal to you, then you need reeducation or even psychiatric check up.

Tooor! Oya bros go arrest d cows, shebi na u get sense pass
Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
Hausa abatogo Awka.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by Ideyontop: 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
You can't try that in Washington DC! Yet they roam on the streets of the FCT. Its absurd!

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by Ideyontop: 8:42pm On Jun 22, 2015
You can't try that in Washington DC! Yet they roam on the streets of the FCT. Its absurd!

1 Like

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by SporaD8: 9:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
ShineuEye:

Op, you have a case here. In fact I will recommend this topic for front page.
If only you could rephrase the title, then will you have prove you are genuinely concerned and not merely being mischievous. only then will you get the right attention from the right quarters.
cc: Ikenna351, Afam4eva
Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by tonytony208(m): 9:05pm On Jun 22, 2015
CountDracula:

Tooor! Oya bros go arrest d cows, shebi na u get sense pass

Are you trying to say that there is nothing bad in the cows being on the street like that? If that is ur viewpoint, then you need help fast.

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by MalcoImX: 9:41pm On Jun 22, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:

You're not really getting my point.

Under no circumstances should animals be jostling for space with road users, regardless of whether or not they are domesticated, unless of course in agreement with state laws.

I'll give you an example, on an episode of a certain UK highway patrol show, the officers kept spotting dogs going stray into the highway, thereby interfering with road users. So they had to get in touch with animal control to intercept those dogs, for the safety of road users and to keep traffic clear.

Now imagine the situation in Nigeria, where these animals are even left to roam due to no other reason than a dearth of enforcement.

We have become so used to lack of enforcement in many facets of the Nigerian society, that we now see the abnormal as normal.
It's not really about enforcement but more of new situations demanding new laws. There's this argument that the rights of the animals are being violated. In the same UK, a man took the owner of cockerel to a court that he is being disturbed by the cry of the animal at night; that it should be taken elsewhere, preferably to a rural settlement where it belongs. Animal rights activists from that and surrounding communities had to rally round and protest that the animal had the right to cry and any relocation will amount to the right of the cockerel being violated.
A new development is the marriage to animals by some women in Western countries. I think the 'husband' may be argued to have the right to jostle with humans not only on highways, but on parking lots, shopping malls, playgrounds and other public spaces. Or would you in this case have any right to request the dog ('the husband') to be taken out from a public space because you are there?
Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by Nobody: 9:52pm On Jun 22, 2015
That explains some of the abnormally high votes Buhari got.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 22, 2015
The Daura President cow has come to pay homage

1 Like

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 22, 2015
The Daura President cow has come to pay homage.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by KemiJesus(f): 10:02pm On Jun 22, 2015
This is wrong and totally unacceptable.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by iheanyi40(m): 10:06pm On Jun 22, 2015
Mogidi:

APC cows are above the law.
grin

1 Like

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by CountDracula(m): 10:07pm On Jun 22, 2015
tonytony208:

Are you trying to say that there is nothing bad in the cows being on the street like that? If that is ur viewpoint, then you need help fast.

Do human beings walk on d street?

Is it legal for u to walk on d tarmac even wit cars moving? Answer sincerely

1 Like

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by Dollyak(f): 10:17pm On Jun 22, 2015
CountDracula:

Wat are dey supposed to do? Arrest dem? undecided
Usher them back to their farm. This is Abuja for ffs.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by NoMoreTrolling: 10:20pm On Jun 22, 2015
MalcoImX:
It's not really about enforcement but more of new situations demanding new laws. There's this argument that the rights of the animals are being violated. In the same UK, a man took the owner of cockerel to a court that he is being disturbed by the cry of the animal at night; that it should be taken elsewhere, preferably to a rural settlement where it belongs. Animal rights activists from that and surrounding communities had to rally round and protest that the animal had the right to cry and any relocation will amount to the right of the cockerel being violated.
A new development is the marriage to animals by some women in Western countries. I think the 'husband' may be argued to have the right to jostle with humans not only on highways, but on parking lots, shopping malls, playgrounds and other public spaces. Or would you in this case have any right to request the dog ('the husband') to be taken out from a public space because you are there?

Really cool points and that about animal marriages is just weird, lol.

However, one must understand that there's a difference between rights and rules.

Lets stick with humans for a sec, we all have human rights, but we also have rules that govern the society under which we may exercise such rights. So for instance, just because we have rights, doesn't mean we can violate rules like committing murder and what not without consequences.

Back to traffic, we have traffic rules that bar traffic obstruction, reason why people that intentionally block the road are typically arrested in developed countries and even occasionally here; like the case of Ex-Governor Fashola ordering the arrest of a trailer driver that once blocked the road, hence obstructing traffic.

So yes, humans and animals have rights, but they must abide by rules and in the case of traffic, obstruction is a rule which every animal on the road violates automatically, simply by being on it.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by sakaman23(m): 10:25pm On Jun 22, 2015
funny
Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by frankyychiji(f): 10:39pm On Jun 22, 2015
CountDracula:
So evry cow wey ur eyes see na presidential cow now abi?
yes nah! angry

1 Like

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by meforyou1(m): 11:01pm On Jun 22, 2015
Look at cows strolling inside abuja city. Wonderful

1 Like

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by hedonistic: 11:08pm On Jun 22, 2015
I saw the same bunch of Daura looking cows along my Estate gate this morning... Confidently obstructing traffic with the assurance of 'nothing dey happen, as na our papa dey power'. Very annoying indeed.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by diskindaridi: 11:34pm On Jun 22, 2015
CountDracula:
So evry cow wey ur eyes see na presidential cow now abi?
Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by tpiadotcom: 4:35am On Jun 23, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:

Lol, is that the Serengeti grin

Also, rest assured that if it isn't and is a developed country, which we are striving towards, then animal control will be notified immediately.

Lastly, you seem to be a real advocate for the actualization of the expression, "Naija is a jungle".

not sure cheesy

so, its a jungle when its Naija, right?

anyway, adjusted the picture because i hadnt noticed the photo.
Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by Ucheosefoh(m): 6:08am On Jun 23, 2015
NoMoreTrolling:
This stuff really vexes me, like how can cows just be on the road and no police or military operative does anything about it

in a city for that matter

2 Likes

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by zendy: 6:21am On Jun 23, 2015
Cows don't belong on the streets of a major city like Abuja. These Cows almost caused me serious injury in 2002 while I was on an Okada in Abuja.

1 Like

Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by CountDracula(m): 6:44am On Jun 23, 2015
Dollyak:
Usher them back to their farm. This is Abuja for ffs.
Is dat d job of a policeman? To usher cows back to their farm?
Re: Presidential Cows On The Streets Of Abuja? (pics) by tonytony208(m): 2:11am On Jun 25, 2015
CountDracula:

Do human beings walk on d street?

Is it legal for u to walk on d tarmac even wit cars moving? Answer sincerely

Your reasoning is upside down. So, you are comparing cows to human being? Mr, something is deeply wrong with you. Are you from the north? Then I won't be surprised; I shouldn't expect something better than this from a northerner.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See What Aisha Buhari Gave To Rev Father Mbaka(see PHOTOS) / Okar Coup Anniversary: IBB Disappeared with Charm! / Nigeria At 60: Towards The Land Of Our Dreams - Sanwo-Olu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.