Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,381 members, 7,861,051 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:19 PM

Am I Overreacting? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Overreacting? (2083 Views)

Am I Overreacting? / Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? / Am I Overreacting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Am I Overreacting? by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 09, 2015
dwayni:
Hello guys, I am having a little problem in my 18 months relationship so I decided to share the little issue here just to get your opinions.

I love my girlfriend with all my heart, I never knew there was young females like her until last year when I met her. She is everything amazing thing a woman should be, well mannered and cultured regardless of family background and living in America for almost all her life she still possess those awesome qualities of a well breed queen from the motherland.

I could go all day praising her lol.

The problem is, I feel like we are in somewhat of competitive relationship in terms of gifting.

I will only give few instances. Her birthday is in August but I decided to surprise her with a newer model one of her favorite vehicles (sports car) because we both love sports cars. I gave her the early birthday gift because I'd be out of the country during her birthday.

Now as everyone know yesterday was fathers day. I don't have a child yet beside 3 God children 2 girls and a boy. I was invited to her family home by her mother since my parents are around here for Father's Day. Nice dinner served, good music,drinks, a few family friends and all that..

To cut the long story short. She didn't let me drive, she picked me up from my home. I came home to a brand new mustang near my driveway. She bought me a car for father's day.

Now I feel like we are in some kind of competition especially on gifting. Am I overreacting? Because I am still thinking about telling how I feel about her giving me similar gifts or exactly the same thing whenever I buy things for her. She also does that whenever I buy gift for her friends or family members.

Please your advice will really be appreciated. I love her and I do not want to come up as an ass or ungrateful brat and ruin what we have for each other.

Front page please..

4 real undecided....Did you just type this¿
Re: Am I Overreacting? by faith551(m): 12:12am On Jul 09, 2015
Op wake up, it's 7:00am
(whispers to him) you were sleeptalking
Re: Am I Overreacting? by ogunvic41(m): 2:44am On Jul 09, 2015
dwayni:
Hello guys, I am having a little problem in my 18 months relationship so I decided to share the little issue here just to get your opinions.

I love my girlfriend with all my heart, I never knew there was young females like her until last year when I met her. She is everything amazing thing a woman should be, well mannered and cultured regardless of family background and living in America for almost all her life she still possess those awesome qualities of a well breed queen from the motherland.

I could go all day praising her lol.

The problem is, I feel like we are in somewhat of competitive relationship in terms of gifting.

I will only give few instances. Her birthday is in August but I decided to surprise her with a newer model one of her favorite vehicles (sports car) because we both love sports cars. I gave her the early birthday gift because I'd be out of the country during her birthday.

Now as everyone know yesterday was fathers day. I don't have a child yet beside 3 God children 2 girls and a boy. I was invited to her family home by her mother since my parents are around here for Father's Day. Nice dinner served, good music,drinks, a few family friends and all that..

To cut the long story short. She didn't let me drive, she picked me up from my home. I came home to a brand new mustang near my driveway. She bought me a car for father's day.

Now I feel like we are in some kind of competition especially on gifting. Am I overreacting? Because I am still thinking about telling how I feel about her giving me similar gifts or exactly the same thing whenever I buy things for her. She also does that whenever I buy gift for her friends or family members.

Please your advice will really be appreciated. I love her and I do not want to come up as an ass or ungrateful brat and ruin what we have for each other.

Front page please..

There is nothing wrong here sir, ladies are funny at times and misinterpret things easily. If she is richer than u she MIGHT want to show off by competing(I MAY BE WRONG)
A good lady should be humble, sit her down and explain how u feel abt the competition then watch her reaction(s)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Effect Of Size In A Healthy Relationship. / Guys, Ever Bought Sanitary Pad For A Lady? / Why Ladies Should Respect Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.