Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,102 members, 7,835,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Am I Overreacting? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Overreacting? (2074 Views)

Am I Overreacting? / Am I Overreacting Towards My Jobless Guy? / Am I Overreacting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Overreacting? by dwayni: 5:44am On Jun 23, 2015
Hello guys, I am having a little problem in my 18 months relationship so I decided to share the little issue here just to get your opinions.

I love my girlfriend with all my heart, I never knew there was young females like her until last year when I met her. She is everything amazing thing a woman should be, well mannered and cultured regardless of family background and living in America for almost all her life she still possess those awesome qualities of a well breed queen from the motherland.

I could go all day praising her lol.

The problem is, I feel like we are in somewhat of competitive relationship in terms of gifting.

I will only give few instances. Her birthday is in August but I decided to surprise her with a newer model one of her favorite vehicles (sports car) because we both love sports cars. I gave her the early birthday gift because I'd be out of the country during her birthday.

Now as everyone know yesterday was fathers day. I don't have a child yet beside 3 God children 2 girls and a boy. I was invited to her family home by her mother since my parents are around here for Father's Day. Nice dinner served, good music,drinks, a few family friends and all that..

To cut the long story short. She didn't let me drive, she picked me up from my home. I came home to a brand new mustang near my driveway. She bought me a car for father's day.

Now I feel like we are in some kind of competition especially on gifting. Am I overreacting? Because I am still thinking about telling how I feel about her giving me similar gifts or exactly the same thing whenever I buy things for her. She also does that whenever I buy gift for her friends or family members.

Please your advice will really be appreciated. I love her and I do not want to come up as an ass or ungrateful brat and ruin what we have for each other.

Front page please..
Re: Am I Overreacting? by leuelliot(m): 5:47am On Jun 23, 2015
Cool story Bro!

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? by dwayni: 5:49am On Jun 23, 2015
leuelliot:
Cool story Bro!

Ok, ever heard the saying "if you have nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all"

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting? by agarawu23(m): 5:52am On Jun 23, 2015
so you bought her that car to get her attention or what,?

is that the best way to get a lady's attention or love ?
Re: Am I Overreacting? by Oyetboy(m): 5:54am On Jun 23, 2015
pictures or........
Re: Am I Overreacting? by dwayni: 5:57am On Jun 23, 2015
agarawu23:
so you bought her that car to get her attention or what,?

is that the best way to get a lady's attention or love ?

We are in a relationship. 18 months relationship, I already have her attention. I have no doubt that I'm going to marry her.
Re: Am I Overreacting? by agarawu23(m): 6:01am On Jun 23, 2015
dwayni:

We are in a relationship. 18 months relationship, I already have her attention. I have no doubt that I'm going to marry her.
OK
maybe she is just trying to let you know she is loaded just like you. some ladies have that pride in them especially those from rich family.
Re: Am I Overreacting? by Nobody: 6:01am On Jun 23, 2015
Wake upb from your fantasy bro grin

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? by dwayni: 6:04am On Jun 23, 2015
Oyetboy:
pictures or........

Seeking opinion not attention. With that being said, I don't think I owe you or anyone a lie. I could get picture of any vehicle to post here and what else would you want me to do? Take a picture holding a sign with nairaland written on it?

I've been a sucker lover and I finally found someone I believe is right and I do not want to screw it up that's why I'm here.
Re: Am I Overreacting? by Cutehector(m): 6:06am On Jun 23, 2015
Bros u sabi lie eh

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting? by luuvee(m): 6:08am On Jun 23, 2015
Oyetboy:
pictures or........
Brova she's tryin to let you know dat those things doesn't freak her as a matter of fact, anything u buy she's equal to d task in givin it bak to you and she will never tell u face to face she will keep returning ur gifts to you so u will have notin to bost of...so stop wastin ur time buying stuffs like dat next time give her something dat no one has ever given to her before. Gals like dat are not moved by all dat kinda gift coz they can afford it.
Be Creative you don't need money to impress such gals try somthing different.

Mean while am still yet to believe your story though
Re: Am I Overreacting? by dwayni: 6:13am On Jun 23, 2015
Smh.. I guess this is the wrong section. I have moved this topic to family section.

Just because you have nothing don't mean someone else wouldn't. I didn't buy her a buggatti neither did she bought me a jet. Its just a freaking Mustang GT which is nothing up to or more than $36,000 . I hate to sound cocky but really being broke really sucks.

Again this is about saving my relationship and being happy not about a piece of car that could crash anytime.
Re: Am I Overreacting? by luuvee(m): 6:14am On Jun 23, 2015
Brova she's tryin to let you know dat those things doesn't freak her as a matter of fact, anything u buy she's equal to d task in givin it bak to you and she will never tell u face to face she will keep returning ur gifts to you so u will have notin to bost of...so stop wastin ur time buying stuffs like dat next time give her something dat no one has ever given to her before. Gals like dat are not moved by all dat kinda gift coz they can afford it.
Be Creative you don't need money to impress such gals try somthing different.

Mean while am still yet to believe your story though

Front page please..[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Am I Overreacting? by Adisa89(m): 6:17am On Jun 23, 2015
u guys are no match for each other or rather ir yet to learn the true ingredients to a lasting love. What ur doing now is rather competition; and by the time a smarter guy from the corner shows her love she'd dump ur ass again and u'll continue being a sucker

*modified*
he truly moved this topic to the family section and he's receiving the same response
Re: Am I Overreacting? by Tallesty1(m): 6:25am On Jun 23, 2015
You are not overreacting, you are over lying.

2 Likes

Re: Am I Overreacting? by Burger01(m): 6:30am On Jun 23, 2015
Mtcheeew!
Re: Am I Overreacting? by marshalcarter: 6:52am On Jun 23, 2015
Mr op

Plsssss plsssss plssssss nd pllssssss

I need a toyota corolla....single door(small toyota...all dis old toyota) tnx :-D

Meanwhile....if you guys keep sharin and buyin all expensive stuffs....u won't get married....berra sit down nd plan ur marriage...ur kids infact ur future with her so things would go right

Money aint love bro
Re: Am I Overreacting? by dwayni: 6:58am On Jun 23, 2015
marshalcarter:
Mr op

Plsssss plsssss plssssss nd pllssssss

I need a toyota corolla....single door(small toyota...all dis old toyota) tnx :-D

Meanwhile....if you guys keep sharin and buyin all expensive stuffs....u won't get married....berra sit down nd plan ur marriage...ur kids infact ur future with her so things would go right

Money aint love bro

Thanks for your advice bro. I wish I have enough money to do the Oprah giveaway style lol.

And yes I know money can't buy love, I brought this here because I genuinely care about her and want future with her.
Re: Am I Overreacting? by marshalcarter: 7:07am On Jun 23, 2015
dwayni:

Thanks for your advice bro. I wish I have enough money to do the Oprah giveaway style lol.

And yes I know money can't buy love, I brought this here because I genuinely care about her and want future with her.
Den you call her...sit her down....talk to her...I mean...u guys have everything

(Hopin for toyota starlet or corolla) grin
Re: Am I Overreacting? by scentmarlc(m): 7:08am On Jun 23, 2015
My dear friend, obviously you two aint in the same plane to a land called marriage yet. Why?

Either you or she still has d competitive spirit which totally resistive to any form of dominance.

But bro i believe yur story coz have seen lts of similar cases. May God grant you d wisdom to discern.

Cheers bro.
Scent

Guyz please elimination round2 of the MR NL2015 continues today by 9am in romance section. Yesterday i came 3rd outa 24 and am so grateful to you guyz. Pls vote for me so dat i can proceed. Its in you. Cheerz.
Re: Am I Overreacting? by scentmarlc(m): 7:09am On Jun 23, 2015
My dear friend, obviously you two aint in the same plane to a land called marriage yet. Why?

Either you or she still has d competitive spirit which totally resistive to any form of dominance.

But bro i believe yur story coz have seen lts of similar cases. May God grant you d wisdom to discern.

Cheers bro.
Scent

Guyz please elimination round2 of the MR NL2015 continues today by 9am in romance section. Yesterday i came 3rd outa 24 and am so grateful to you guyz. Pls vote for me so dat i can proceed. #TeamScentmarlc. Thank you Cheerz.
Re: Am I Overreacting? by dwayni: 7:17am On Jun 23, 2015
marshalcarter:

Den you call her...sit her down....talk to her...I mean...u guys have everything

(Hopin for toyota starlet or corolla) grin

I just have to find a better way to lay it out and perfect time.

Don't worry you might get it from, where and when you least expect it. God is real smiley
Re: Am I Overreacting? by marshalcarter: 7:27am On Jun 23, 2015
dwayni:

I just have to find a better way to lay it out and perfect time.

Don't worry you might get it from, where and when you least expect it. God is real smiley
Amen

I have an idea oo
Why dnt you buy ring.....put it at the trunk of ur car....go to her house....call her to cum nd see wah you bought for her....den wen she cums out...u open ur trunk nd she sees wats in it...den u can propose to her grin
Re: Am I Overreacting? by dwayni: 7:30am On Jun 23, 2015
marshalcarter:

Amen

I have an idea oo
Why dnt you buy ring.....put it at the trunk of ur car....go to her house....call her to cum nd see wah you bought for her....den wen she cums out...u open ur trunk nd she sees wats in it...den u can propose to her grin

Hahahahha lmao man you're so not romantic grin grin
Re: Am I Overreacting? by GeneralQuamdeen: 7:33am On Jun 23, 2015
OP, do you mean toy sport car or what?
Re: Am I Overreacting? by marshalcarter: 7:34am On Jun 23, 2015
dwayni:

Hahahahha lmao man you're so not romantic grin grin
Tnx man Ma opinion tho grin
Re: Am I Overreacting? by dwayni: 7:35am On Jun 23, 2015
GeneralQuamdeen:
OP, do you mean toy sport car or what?

Yes, toy sports car
Re: Am I Overreacting? by GeneralQuamdeen: 7:38am On Jun 23, 2015
dwayni:

Yes, toy sports car
that better be it.
Re: Am I Overreacting? by obinna2nv(m): 5:25pm On Jun 23, 2015
dwayni:

Ok, ever heard the saying "if you have nothing nice to say don't say nothing at all"

There!! I guess you should apply the same tactic your relationship, your relationship ain't broken what are you tryna fix?

I would give an arm and leg for a reciprocal relationship like yours. its quite unreal, almost movie like. Ain't nothing wrong with your relationship, you'd be foolish to go and spoil it with something that's quite frankly petty. IMO.
Re: Am I Overreacting? by dwayni: 5:30pm On Jun 23, 2015
obinna2nv:

There!! I guess you should apply the same tactic your relationship, your relationship ain't broken what are you tryna fix?

I would give an arm and leg for a reciprocal relationship like yours. its quite unreal, almost movie like. Ain't nothing wrong with your relationship, you'd be foolish to go and spoil it with something that's quite frankly petty. IMO.

It will always almost seems like a movie tale to you until you live it. Thanks for your advice BTW.
Re: Am I Overreacting? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jun 26, 2015
pictures or this is a whole lot of dirty stinking bullllSHIT
Re: Am I Overreacting? by Princess001(f): 11:26pm On Jul 08, 2015
Wow your girlfriend is lucky! But that's BTW seems she has her own cash too maybe you should just talk to her and tell her that you're the man in the relationship and you appreciate her gifts but she's doing too much. Wish I had a man to spoil me like that smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do It Really Work Out?? / Your Opinion Is Needed. / Is Faithfulness Only For Marriages And Not For Relationships? Need Answers Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.