Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,125 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:36 AM

Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax (32219 Views)

EFCC Re-Arrains Omokore, 3 Others Over $1.6bn Oil Scam / Central Bank Recovers N8.6bn From Owner Of Remita, Systemspecs / Nigerian Gay Activists Protest, Ask Buhari To Repeal Nigeria's Antigay Law (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by AreaFada2: 6:44pm On Jun 23, 2015
Atlantian:
Osun, Ogun and Ondo States should merge to form Sango State. Even if we bail out these states, in the near future, Niger Delta Oil and Gas will be depleted and reality will set in. Right now its vandalism, in the future it will be dry wells. We shall see. Cosmic is watching.
I have always said that Nigeria cannot afford more than 20 States. Those dictators were busy creating states not minding if viable or not. Why split old Ondo, Anambra, Kano, Oyo, Kwara, Gongola States for example?

The previous 19 States were just perfect as they were. They should have just decentralised governance and devolve more powers to LGAs. That way, grassroot politicians would be held responsible by their local people.

5 Likes

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Jobos(m): 6:44pm On Jun 23, 2015
warrior01:
What happened to the governors inventing ways of generating revenues in their states? Must the resources from the Eastern region always used to bail them out of their uselessness. The same way they advised and took the FG to court to share the ECA and today, the same hypocrites have turned around to blame Gej and Okonjo Iweala.
read that news very well most those states spent their money on federal govt project. And buhari should refund thier money by sharing the tax from lng .

Gej abandoned many state to their faith.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Bobbystanley(m): 6:46pm On Jun 23, 2015
They want to Share the remaining CHANGE from the empty treasury.

Nigeria the change u seek is here.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by phatlajoo: 6:47pm On Jun 23, 2015
chuna1985:
Uhmm, 1.6 billion dollars I.e 350 billion naira I though that buhari said the nations treasury is virtually empty.

Sai lying dullard.
you are an enemy of progress...

1 Like

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by gmemdee(m): 6:52pm On Jun 23, 2015
"Money to do one or two things"...Governors of life. smiley
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by M4gunners: 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2015
sosanova:
[size=13pt]1.6 billion dollars ke?
where did the money come out from?
but Baba One Chance a.k.a President Buhari a.k.a Dogo Yaro told us yesterday that the Nigeria treasury was empty...God deliver us from this government of falsehood n propaganda in the next four years
the greedy governors will still divert the money to their offshore bank accounts
[/size]
Bros this is to tell you that we are in onechance car till the next four years.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Nobody: 6:54pm On Jun 23, 2015
All they know is to share this, share that.
ALMAJIRI-STATES. Symptoms of a failed country.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Atlantian: 6:55pm On Jun 23, 2015
AreaFada2:
I have always said that Nigeria cannot afford more than 20 States. Those dictators were busy creating states not minding if viable or not. Why split old Ondo, Anambra, Kano, Oyo, Kwara, Gongola States for example?

The previous 19 States were just perfect as they were. They should have just decentralised governance and devolve more powers to LGAs. That way, grassroot politicians would be held responsible by their local people.

Actually 19 States is too much. It should be just 6 states. The 6 Geo-political zones should become States and the 36 states become Municipal council councils. The the Federal Government should hands-off oil and gas and allow every state to generate revenue and pay Abuja 40% to manage federal police and few executives. Merge the Federal House of Assembly with Senate but make it just 72 members, just 2 from each Municipal councils. Democracy as it is, is too expensive.

1 Like

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jun 23, 2015
Always taking from Nigeria. That's the only thing they know.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by demandtruth: 7:01pm On Jun 23, 2015
jaybee3:

If the national budget was benchmarked against AVG price of $60 right?

Anything above that should be chin chin

Excess crude savings is usually used to defend the naira.
It's also meant to be used for rainy days

It makes sense to do such thing as you mentioned

The question is whether such is backed by anything in the CONSTITUTION.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by ngooka: 7:02pm On Jun 23, 2015
Where did Okorocha built his own federal project?. Before they shear let them supervise the work and see where they did the federal project. #noninmyimostate
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Abba999(f): 7:05pm On Jun 23, 2015
clintwine:
I hate to comment, but i find it pathetic, that there are loads of Dullards here calling someone else a dullard.
Simple Essay they cannot comprehend.

Buhari says the treasury is empty, the money they are talking about, is money that is yet to be collected, or in process of being collected.

“Instead of NLNG paying $1.6 billion to the federal government, we requested that it be paid to the federation account so that it could be shared amongst the three tiers of government

People love to believe what they want to, these same people know that if Jonathan was there, the looting would have continued and there would be no real progress.

I saw someone comment about the oil being from the eastern part.
We are so deluded that we can't read between the lines. [s][/s]
I am an Igbo Man, and the truth be told that the oil belongs to the NIGER DELTA.
there is no way they would let you lump them as BIAFRA, they would prefer to stand on their own.[s][/s]

Liar! You are not an igboman!,
And u can not speak for we the Niger Deltans.

Beside, Niger Delter is in the Easter Region of Nigeria. There is nothing like South South. We all know that the fulani created it to divide the Old Eastern Region and kill Biafra.

We now know better and all you parasites can not decieve the gullibles any longer.

2 Likes

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jun 23, 2015
phatlajoo:
you are an enemy of progress...
if u try to defend a dullard, u will become a dullard.

1 Like

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by rusher14: 7:07pm On Jun 23, 2015
clintwine:
I hate to comment, but i find it pathetic, that there are loads of Dullards here calling someone else a dullard.

Buhari says the treasury is empty, the money they are talking about, is money that is yet to be collected, or in process of being collected.

“Instead of NLNG paying $1.6 billion to the federal government, we requested that it be paid to the federation account so that it could be shared amongst the three tiers of government

People love to believe what they want to, these same people know that if Jonathan was there, the looting would have continued and there would be no real progress.

We are so deluded that we can't read between the lines.
I am an Igbo Man, and the truth be told that the oil belongs to the NIGER DELTA.
there is no way they would let you lump them as BIAFRA, they would prefer to stand on their own.

Thank you.

Fact is there are many detractors who wait for headlines such as this to create confusion and doubt in the minds of the few that may not be aware.

Thanks for saying it as is.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by tyav7: 7:08pm On Jun 23, 2015
They've started again. Just as they forced GEJ to share the so called excess crude account. Same governors will one day turn around and accuse PMB of emptying the treasury.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jun 23, 2015
leo2020:
so u didnt expect nigeria to had made just 1.6billion dollars in a whole month through her numerous revenue generating channels? common!! that is why some nigerian graduates are not employable due to lack of common sense..

Lmfao.

Mr intelligent better brace ur sef Cuz u will defend the great Daura President from west Germany ...

The money is pulled from excess crude account, I pray u know what it is.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by jaybee3(m): 7:10pm On Jun 23, 2015
demandtruth:

It makes sense to do such thing as you mentioned

The question is whether such is backed by anything in the CONSTITUTION.
The constitution already covers it under the oil derivation sharing formula applied to the funds.
That's the only reason why governors can legitimately demand for it
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by kinguwem: 7:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
I'm disappointed in the governors. Are they beggars? They lack innovation & resourcefulness. They want take-off grants. They should go home and harness their resources.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jun 23, 2015
what about using their heads to increase their IGR.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by TeamSimple(m): 7:14pm On Jun 23, 2015
[quote author=worthytalk post=35073620]For how long shall Biafra keep feeding these persona non grata parasites of Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba.[/quot
I know for your mind you wish the south south community would join you guys in your wild goose chase. If not I don't know why you will make this kind of statement. Portharcourt,bayelsa,akwa ibom,cross rivers are oweing deir states including imo 11monts and abia 8monts(Biafra nations).

2 Likes

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Nobody: 7:19pm On Jun 23, 2015
Useless governors want it shared so they can steal it.
Good for nothing, shameless hypocrites and thieves.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by limamintruth: 7:19pm On Jun 23, 2015
handsomeclouds:
Is't NLNG tax that is just paid different from left over in the national treasury? Work with facts not assumptions please

So where did he(Buhari) get the money he used in gallivanting around the world these past few weeks
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Armaggedon: 7:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
clintwine:

We are so deluded that we can't read between the lines.
there is no way they would let you lump them as BIAFRA, they would prefer to stand on their own.

yoloba swine ass!

1 Like

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Mbediogu(m): 7:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
erunz:

http://www.thecable.ng/govs-ask-pmb-share-nlng-tax

The sharing is not important. Are they going to use it properly? Or will the shared money fritter away and end up in some politicians' foreign account?
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
clintwine:

Pls Sir, can u educate me on the meaning of NIGER DELTA and the State's in Nigeria that are part of the NIGER DELTA.

I seek for further education from you because I'm genuinely confused with ur assertions above which is in conflict with my understanding of what the term " NIGER DELTA" is all about.
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by anwo247: 7:21pm On Jun 23, 2015
So the treasury wasn't really empty?

#DauraDullard
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by toluine56(m): 7:22pm On Jun 23, 2015
erunz:
I THOUGHT WELL ALL AGREED THAT, WE HAVE AN EMPTY TREASURY. APC AND LIE KIAAA
To all those ranting.....Well the money was just remmited into FGs account... Something we wouldnt av heard of if FeeDeeThieves were still up there
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Belmot(m): 7:24pm On Jun 23, 2015
INTROVERT:
This governor's can share anything shareable.
Why do you always come first?
Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by masseratti: 7:27pm On Jun 23, 2015
Abba999:

Liar! You are not an igboman!,
And u can not speak for we the Niger Deltans.

Beside, Niger Delter is in the Easter Region of Nigeria. There is nothing like South South. We all know that the fulani created it to divide the Old Eastern Region and kill Biafra.

We now know better and all you parasites can not decieve the gullibles any longer.

is delta, Ondo also part of eastern region? The three oil producing states in the old eastern region that has significant reserve is the rivers, bayelsa and Akwa Ibom.

1 Like

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by shammah1(m): 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
Eastern region? undecided when did south south oil states become coal and palm wine east Mr. Biafra? undecided
warrior01:
What happened to the governors inventing ways of generating revenues in their states? Must the resources from the Eastern region always used to bail them out of their uselessness. The same way they advised and took the FG to court to share the ECA and today, the same hypocrites have turned around to blame Gej and Okonjo Iweala.

1 Like

Re: Govs Ask Buhari To Share $1.6bn From NLNG Tax by Masculity(m): 7:28pm On Jun 23, 2015
worthytalk:
For how long shall Biafra keep feeding these persona non grata parasites of Hausa/Fulani and Yoruba.

Biafra ki They are not talking about bush meat or palm tree. Pls take note.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan Denies Sacking Reno Omokri, Debunks Sowore’s Claim / Germany Returns 1,000 Benin Bronzes To Nigeria Amid Frustrstion At Britain / I’m Ready For Probe - Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.