Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:07 PM

Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? (4894 Views)

Lady Shares Photos Of Her 11 Ex-Boyfriends Online / Why Do Guys Stalk On Their Exes On Social Media / Nigerians Describe Their Exes With A Nigerian Food (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by skyfullofstars(f): 7:39am On Jun 24, 2015
Hello guys, thank you for your help. I'm not Nigerian, and there's something in your culture that I have not been able to understand yet...
Hope you can explain it to me! smiley

Why women invite their ex bf to their wedding?

For example, I date a guy. Then we break up, and a couple of years later I get married with another guy. I invite my ex to the wedding.

I can't understand how it works!!

1) There's a reason why I broke up with my ex boyfriend. However, it seems that things are alright, cause I invite him to my wedding? So we had a good relationship, yet I broke up with him?!

2) won't my fiancé be jealous?!

3) Won't my ex be sad during the wedding, remembering our times together, knowking we will never be together again?

In my own culture, once I've broken up with an ex, there's no way I will invite him to my wedding, so it's hard for me to understand.

Please mature responses, i'm curious and want to understand... Thank u!

2 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by zoeee(f): 7:41am On Jun 24, 2015
Who did the invite
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by mebad(m): 7:42am On Jun 24, 2015
the world doesnt have to end because it didnt work

3 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by skyfullofstars(f): 7:42am On Jun 24, 2015
zoeee:
Who did the invite

My ex, the girl invites the ex to the wedding
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Valwezzy: 7:43am On Jun 24, 2015
Click like if you don't understand this thread

8 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by skyfullofstars(f): 7:44am On Jun 24, 2015
mebad:
the world doesnt have to end because it didnt work

Fine, but is it necessary to invite him to the wedding?

In my country we're very passionate about our relationships, i don't know how you take it in Naija...
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by martyns303(m): 7:46am On Jun 24, 2015
It's not just a Nigerian thing dear poster.
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by zoeee(f): 7:47am On Jun 24, 2015
skyfullofstars:

My ex, the girl invites the ex to the wedding

I am confused here embarassed.... "My ex" , "the girl.... "Are u a male or female?
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Genea(f): 7:47am On Jun 24, 2015
I invite ma ex so dah he can see how happy i am witout him

2 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by mebad(m): 7:49am On Jun 24, 2015
[quote author=skyfullofstars post=35090331]

In my country we're very passionate about our relationships, i don't know how you take it in Naija...[/quiote]

it is not necessary. I would go to an ex wedding to prove to her i still want her to be happy even if it is not with me.

4 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by skyfullofstars(f): 7:49am On Jun 24, 2015
zoeee:

I am confused here embarassed.... "My ex" , "the girl.... "Are u a male or female?

Omg... Guys, wasnt i clear?
Im female. Im not getting married, i've just given a random example
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by boolet: 7:49am On Jun 24, 2015
skyfullofstars:

In my country we're very passionate about our relationships, i don't know how you take it in Naija...
Hmm. So some countries lack passion?

1 Like

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by boolet: 7:50am On Jun 24, 2015
skyfullofstars:

A random example, like a first-hand experience?
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by zoeee(f): 7:53am On Jun 24, 2015
skyfullofstars:

He went to ur wedding kz u invited him... If u don't want want him there, don't invite him.... If he comes on his own free will.... Then we need to ask this question.... Or answer... But u stated clearly dat u invited him
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Young03(m): 7:53am On Jun 24, 2015
Ur grammar na cash n carry grin

he can to c d guy dt will finish d remains of wat he ate earlier

1 Like

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by ITbomb(m): 7:53am On Jun 24, 2015
It is very common to see girls who are under pressure to get married and lot of guys who are not yet ready for genuine reasons (mostly economic). In such cases, you have a mutual understanding to move ahead and in most cases, you are still in talking terms.

In cases like this, you see the girl inviting and the guy attending. Though you can never see the guy inviting his ex (except she is already married) to his wife.

2 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by skyfullofstars(f): 7:54am On Jun 24, 2015
zoeee:

He went to ur wedding kz u invited him... If u don't want want him there, don't invite him.... If he comes on his own free will.... Then we need to ask this question.... Or answer...

U dont understand, im asking why would a girl invite his ex to the wedding?
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by zoeee(f): 7:55am On Jun 24, 2015
skyfullofstars:

Mmmm... I see... Please modify your question...
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by skyfullofstars(f): 7:56am On Jun 24, 2015
ITbomb:
It is very common to see girls who are under pressure to get married and lot of guys who are not yet ready for genuine reasons (mostly economic). In such cases, you have a mutual understanding to move ahead and in most cases, you are still in talking terms.

In cases like this, you see the girl inviting and the guy attending. Though you can never see the guy inviting his ex (except she is already married) to his wife.

Finally a mature answer, thank u!! I was about to delete the post already smiley

Another question, why wouldnt the guy invite his ex?

1 Like

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Chimezie198(m): 7:59am On Jun 24, 2015
yawns
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by skyfullofstars(f): 8:01am On Jun 24, 2015
boolet:

A random example, like a first-hand experience?

No, im not married yet, and i wouldnt invite my ex to my wedding.
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by kossyablaze(m): 8:03am On Jun 24, 2015
Because Lil wayne said"Fvck a nigga wife and eat his wedding cake".........my ex...I screw am tire and still ate her hobbies wedding cake.#Gangsta#thuglife.........Warning*Karma dey o!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by nagreggory(m): 8:09am On Jun 24, 2015
Why not? I'd like to witness
the dude dancing to the altar,
proud to be inheriting
my fairly used goods
grin

3 Likes

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by boolet: 8:11am On Jun 24, 2015
skyfullofstars:

No, im not married yet, and i wouldnt invite my ex to my wedding.
I mean who invited her ex that you know and is Nigerian?
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by stinggy(m): 8:17am On Jun 24, 2015
nagreggory:
Why not? I'd like to witness
the dude dancing to the altar,
proud to be inheriting
my fairly used goods
grin

grin grin grin
Bad niqqa
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by GeneralQuamdeen: 8:19am On Jun 24, 2015
Provided that i am a girl.. There is nothing wrong inviting your ex to your wedding.. But if you aint a virgin to your husband, it is better not to invite him.. Unless somebody else does.. Coz when your husby sight him, he would do nothimg but the thought of you guys once had sex together will cross his mind...and it may and may not affect your relationship when that thought flashes his mind often
However, dont forget to vote for jarizod tomorrow..for Mr, Nairaland, 2015. See my signature
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Captainswag225(m): 8:25am On Jun 24, 2015
skyfullofstars:

to prove to her husband to be that she is over that relationship with her ex....... I think its okay to invite an ex to one's wedding. It rests on the ex whether to attend the wedding or not.
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by sexylogan(m): 8:33am On Jun 24, 2015
I have never attended and ex's wedding and I never will
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 24, 2015
OP learn to let things go, it shows maturity.
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by AreaFada2: 3:15am On Jul 16, 2015
OP,

sometimes we think that being friends means that love relationship can also work. Not always so. There are some ladies I like so much and adore but I also know that a relationship won't work. Lots of people cannot appreciate or accept that fact and get involved. At the end, it crashes.
But that friendship can still remain if no party was seriously heartbroken by it.

Depending on the level of maturity and friendship before the love affair, both might still remain friends. In that case, such an invite is ok. But if I think my presence could cause jealousy or discomfort, I won't attend. In fact, I keep some distance from female friends when they get married. Just to protect their marriage because some men are very jealous/insecure. Some have interpreted it as me being unhappy because they got married. Which is completely wrong.

In reality, you can never really tell how many of the guests present once had an affair with your new wife or hubby. People don't reveal everything even in the best relationships. So the current commitment is what matters. gringrin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by harffie(m): 6:36am On Jul 16, 2015
skyfullofstars:
Hello guys, thank you for your help. I'm not Nigerian, and there's something in your culture that I have not been able to understand yet...
Hope you can explain it to me! smiley

Why women invite their ex bf to their wedding?

For example, I date a guy. Then we break up, and a couple of years later I get married with another guy. I invite my ex to the wedding.

I can't understand how it works!!

1) There's a reason why I broke up with my ex boyfriend. However, it seems that things are alright, cause I invite him to my wedding? So we had a good relationship, yet I broke up with him?!

2) won't my fiancé be jealous?!

3) Won't my ex be sad during the wedding, remembering our times together, knowking we will never be together again?

In my own culture, once I've broken up with an ex, there's no way I will invite him to my wedding, so it's hard for me to understand.

Please mature responses, i'm curious and want to understand... Thank u!
Its simple, its to see if the new dude or babe is better.
Re: Why In Nigeria Ex-boyfriends Go To Their Exes Wedding? by babyfaceafrica: 8:34am On Jul 16, 2015
Like a poster righter said,its maturity,what is wrong in inviting an ex to ur wedding?....life is sweet,just move on

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Being A V1rgin Is Killing Me…who Will Help Me?” — Nigerian Lady Cries Out / When A Girl Says She Can't Put Up With A Guy That Stays In One Room. / Here's What My Mind Is Telling Me About Akwa Ibom Ladies.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.