Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. (21952 Views)

Are There Still Men Who Believe In Abstinence Till Marriage? / A Young Boy Fighting An Old Man Gets Instant Karma Which Landed Him On The Floor / Nigerian Girl Born With Blue Eyes In Delta Experiences Stigmatization (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by doyinisaac(m): 7:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
A thread that was supposed to be an informative thread has turned into a fighting thread....mtcheww....

4 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by Codes151(m): 7:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
It doesn't exist. Its a fucking useless myth to scare. Fucking shit
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by abubakarsas(m): 8:02pm On Feb 07, 2016
I believe with dix

3 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by herald9: 8:03pm On Feb 07, 2016
bukatyne:
Well money can really not buy happiness... Not to say rich people can't be happy: a number actually are. Money on its own cannot buy/bring happiness.

Karma ...

I see a lot of 'if you sleep with married men, your husband will cheat on you' thingy as a perfect example of 'karma'...

I don't believe it though; sounds wack undecided what is now the Karma for the cheating husband?

I believe we reap what we sow ... There is also the place of repentance and forgiveness

Jacob deceived Issac and Laban cheated him (Though we never heard of any evil that happened to Laban) and Jacob later became much more greater than Laban.

Leah deceived Jacob(connived with her daddy) and had it all (kids on time and buried at the family burial ground and died at an old age) while Rachael seemed to lose out ( though her son Joseph was the greatest of Jacob's kids)

David killed Uriah (Bathsheba's husband) and the love child died though his second son with her became the wisest king of all time (his end is debatable)

Abraham lied that Sarah was his sister to Abimelech and God threatened to make everyone in Abimelech's home barren instead of punishing Abraham.

Rebekah planned with Jacob to deceive Issac yet we did not read anything bad happening to her

I believe reaping or karma if you will is selective and there is the place of destiny, grace and choice
Real life event

Real life events

Real life eveeents

Not mythologies !! angry

2 Likes

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by Ageco(m): 8:06pm On Feb 07, 2016
There is what is called sowing & reaping and cause & effect. There are natural laws. Philosophers call it axioms.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by Fiwasayo(f): 8:07pm On Feb 07, 2016
Chidoks:
i believe karma exists not the way we ordinarily want it but the way the maker of the universe fashions it.
you see, every evil you do is a boemerang.not just the evils but the goods.when you do good to all with a good heart, good come your way.yes bad things do happen to good people but it may have been worse.maybe their good deeds mitigated against the force of evil coming their way and all we see is a mere scratch compared to what would have happened afterall we do not have a third eye.the same applies to bad deeds.
however i think what matters most is the intention.every deed be it good or bad has 2 sides.the intention and the actual act.if you step on my toes with your highheeled shoe unknowingly and apologise, i may not forgive you but God will forgive you but when you do same just to inflict pain on me because i may be smarter( or whatever) then you may never go free.your punishment may delay but the may it delays the more grevious it will be...

We think alike kiss
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by canDy4eva(f): 8:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
spiralwedge:

u no serious o. abeg don't show anyone again o, there's enough on the net already.
add me on whatsapp 07060544054
...I pity u!
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by Mr3loader: 8:12pm On Feb 07, 2016
Karma realy exists just look at Nigeria now. Thats the law of Karma and Divine damnation
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by RaptorX: 8:13pm On Feb 07, 2016
Karma is freaking real, years ago when I was still young went to this video store in Akure and stole a vhs cassette tape. Took it home and hid it in my wardrobe with all the new clothes my brother sent me from London. Travelled to Lagos came back days later and my wardrobe have been overrun by termites destroying all my new clothes grin

Another time I knowinly cheated a guy of about $20 and within days I was in an accident that caused me $1000 to repair my car after the insurance turn down my claim.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by canDy4eva(f): 8:15pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
Never you allow people to get to you till the extent u loose it like this. I think you need to ignore him because most of them here are so underage that you will weep if you find out that you very been exchanging banter with a kid.

Biko hapu ya
true talk...
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by Nobody: 8:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
Yes, I believe in Karma as defined here:

"The word “karma” means “action,” not “fate.” In Buddhism, karma is an energy created by willful action, through thoughts, words and deeds. We are all creating karma every minute, and the karma we create affects us every minute.

It’s common to think of “my karma” as something you did in your last life that seals your fate in this life, but this is not Buddhist understanding. Karma is an action, not a result. The future is not set in stone. You can change the course of your life right now by changing your volitional (intentional) acts and self-destructive patterns."

http://buddhaimonia.com/karma/

I do not believe in Karma as defined here:

"If you do the right thing then good things will come back to you as reward and if you do the wrong thing then bad things will come back to you as punishment.

It’s also talked about as if this currency stays with you until things are “evened out”. That is, negative karma stays with you no matter how much good you do until it takes its full effect. But neither of these things are karma."

http://buddhaimonia.com/karma/
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by bovo(m): 8:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
For me i think it's just a matter of pespective. If you believe in Karma, it would haunt you for the rest of your life, the best thing is to accept that Shii happens irrespective of your past.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by perfectcato(m): 8:29pm On Feb 07, 2016
Lets live together as brothers or perish as fools.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by ladyvan88(f): 8:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
This whole karma thing is someway. Let's just do our best to do good, be honest and be true to ourselves.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by Nobody: 8:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
RaptorX:
Karma is freaking real, years ago when I was still young went to this video store in Akure and stole a vhs cassette tape. Took it home and hid it in my wardrobe with all the new clothes my brother sent me from London. Travelled to Lagos came back days later and my wardrobe have been overrun by termites destroying all my new clothes grin

Another time I knowinly cheated a guy of about $20 and within days I was in an accident that caused me $1000 to repair my car after the insurance turn down my claim.

lmao grin
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by Mr3loader: 8:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
perfectcato:
Lets live together as brothers or perish as fools.
meanin what?
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by Kay17: 9:12pm On Feb 07, 2016
Joavid:

“Karma comes after everyone eventually. You can't get away with screwing people over your whole life, I don't care who you are. What goes around comes around. That's how it works. Sooner or later the universe will serve you the revenge that you deserve.” - Jessica Brody

For some reason this karma talk always
sound unreal cause i keep asking:
"Why do bad things happen to Good People?"

The political elite class in Naija that has ruined lives & killed a lot of people during the military era are still lounging. Some will live their natural life span, comfy till death without any reppercussion.

So many people have gotten away with doing terrible things.
Sometimes, I think Life is more suited to Darwins postilation :
"You adapt or die" survival of the fittest.

Personally, i think Karma is one of those
Human talk that has no bearing on real life
scenario's... I rate it alongside talk like "Money cant buy you happiness".

P.S I did not post this in the religion section because as a Christian, similar to karma, you reap what you sow and there's a high possibility you won't reap it on earth.

I would prefer people share real life experiences.

Karma as espoused here is not the Buddhist's concept, which is much deeper than what is argued here.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
spiralwedge:

with all ur mouth, na to add come dey make u shiver like chicken. :-)
add me jor. no be for that matter I dey ask make u add me oo

Na untill babalawo telll u say na guy u dey follow talk b4 u back off?? ERAN.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
Kay17:

Karma as espoused here is not the Buddhist's concept, which is much deeper than what is argued here.

what's the Buddhist concept?
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by colosa: 9:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
You reap what you sow
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by KanwuliaExtra: 9:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
Karma is real!
Check out the lives of NAIRALADERS!
You still need proof? cheesy
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by donholy28(m): 9:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
bukatyne:
Well money can really not buy happiness... Not to say rich people can't be happy: a number actually are. Money on its own cannot buy/bring happiness.

Karma ...

I see a lot of 'if you sleep with married men, your husband will cheat on you' thingy as a perfect example of 'karma'...

I don't believe it though; sounds wack undecided what is now the Karma for the cheating husband?

I believe we reap what we sow ... There is also the place of repentance and forgiveness

Jacob deceived Issac and Laban cheated him (Though we never heard of any evil that happened to Laban) and Jacob later became much more greater than Laban.

Leah deceived Jacob(connived with her daddy) and had it all (kids on time and buried at the family burial ground and died at an old age) while Rachael seemed to lose out ( though her son Joseph was the greatest of Jacob's kids)

David killed Uriah (Bathsheba's husband) and the love child died though his second son with her became the wisest king of all time (his end is debatable)

Abraham lied that Sarah was his sister to Abimelech and God threatened to make everyone in Abimelech's home barren instead of punishing Abraham.

Rebekah planned with Jacob to deceive Issac yet we did not read anything bad happening to her

I believe reaping or karma if you will is selective and there is the place of destiny, grace and choice
lady! those were all before d what u sow is what u reap...well except David but remember God could have killed him based on his own(Davids)judgment on d matter....but he repented of his sins,torn his clothes and begged for forgiveness/his life
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by Krayzeejhay(m): 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ok... We dey talk about Karma,some people dey here dey abuse their selves... Later when karma catches up with u,u go dey blame ur ancestors...Issorite sha..
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by jessetom(m): 10:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
Karma + Reincarnation = answers you seek.
#simply_put!
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Feb 07, 2016
hmm. i no fit shout.
Karma is real. Some come slow , some fast, oters immediate. i heard of a very strong one today.
A family is being wiped away cos a family member impregnated a girl, aborted d baby n d girl died during d abortion.
The guy's mother and her friend wrapped the girl and dumped her somewhere so that the death cannot be traced to them.

Currently, 4 ppl in d guys house are dead. the mum was d first to go. followed by d sis... the guy just died last week. The whole family is asking who next? I saw the elder brother shaking. The guys wife now sees the dead girl in her dream . she keeps begging her and she is still very angry.

After the death of 3rd victim, they went with a catholic father to beg the girls family. The father told them the story and begged for more than 4 hours. When the guys family came, the girls family chased them away. After several pleading, the father told the girls family to pray for the boys family to show they have forgiven. They did , but that did not stop the 4th person from dying. Their kinsmen have warned they will not be part of the burial of the culprit.

It is said that now the culprit is dead, the dying will stop but the wife still sees things.

Wahala dey for this world.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by XaintJoel20: 11:29pm On Feb 07, 2016
bukatyne:

Karma ...

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by Kay17: 11:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
Joavid:

what's the Buddhist concept?

Each life we live forms a part of an eternal cycle of lives. Our acts and desires inflict the sufferings of the next life. And neither do the good we do make the next life easier. So Karma is a self defeating process/cycle which we must break to be free.

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by Nobody: 12:58am On Feb 08, 2016
I believe in Karma...one day I met a very fat girl, I felt sorry for her and boned her all night long...she thanked me very much and the next day she brought her very hot sister...2 days later her hot sister was boning me like wha...this must be karma pay back for my earlier good deed grin
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by Samiceman: 2:33am On Feb 08, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
Never you allow people to get to you till the extent u loose it like this. I think you need to ignore him because most of them here are so underage that you will weep if you find out that you very been exchanging banter with a kid.

Biko hapu ya
Instead of calling your friend to order you too are here spewing sh!t. Every normal right thinking human being can tell who the 'kid' is between the two. Shalom

1 Like

Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by anselm791(m): 3:30am On Feb 08, 2016
believe it, don't believe it, it doesn't change Jack.
and as for the rich wicked getaway politicians, everything is not as they seem, and in most cases, death is the easy way out.
Re: Do You Believe In Karma? Share Your Thoughts And Experiences. by Ayabaxter(f): 3:37am On Feb 08, 2016
cococandy:
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't.

A lot of bad people have still gone unpunished and lots of good folks suffer. How do we explain that?
their children ll reap what they av done ok. God has His own way of executing judgement ok. Frm my own xperience all those av done me evil always meet their waterloo.call no man happy until you know his end.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Things People Who Lived In Face To Face Houses Can Relate To / Lagos State Introduce Six-month Maternity Leave, 10 Days For Fathers / Nigerian Parents And The "You Are Not Sleeping Here Tonight" Syndrome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.