Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . (17488 Views)

Chief Justice Of Nigeria Berates Buhari In Face-to-face Meeting At Aso Rock / Jonathan: I Did Not Leave Empty Treasury / Ex-minister Faults Buhari On Empty Treasury, Says Jonathan Left About $30bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by neocortex: 1:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
President Buhari never disappoints with his one day one lie policy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 25, 2015
empty treasury... the excuses are gradually piling up....
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by exco90(m): 2:03pm On Jun 25, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
are u not tired for this ur fooolishness? how can u be equating foreign reserve with what gej claim he save? Or is it gej that save d $30b in d treasury, how can he deplete d treasury from $47b to $30b, and he wil stil be claiming,he left $30b, are u d one that kept d $30b there. Instead to hear that u have increase our treasury, from $47b to $67b.
Make he no be like say u sef no put mouth.. Please oga tell me how much be salary wen gej assume office.. And is there any increment?.. Agricultural and rail transportation.. New universities and most of dem goes to that tribalistic tribes of the northern part of nigeri.. Am a living withness of a beneficiary of sure P.
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by blym4real: 2:09pm On Jun 25, 2015
mauriceju2:
blind mumu read this
Let me spell it for u hopefully u will get it

Reserve is for the 3 tiers of government
Fg/state /LG can just dip bowl into the reserve it must be shared

Fg account is d only source Fg can dip bowl, storex or anything and spend
Fg pay salaries of workers, contractors, MDAs, pay other appointees, draw salaries and allowance Nd others

Wen oil down dive to $46
Salaries and others didn't decrease and dey must be paid
D allocations is not enough since the govt is nt a bad debtor Lyk aregbe dey borrowed

Normally I should have ignored you due to your derogatory remark, I will assume you are ignorant of the facts.

First jonathan ruled for five years, when did we have a fall in the price of crude, it not even up to two years, the crude oil bench mark for the budgets was always around $70 to $78 but crude went as high as $110 to $120, meaning we have excess of $30 to $38 on every barel of crude oil, one would expect the excess should be added to the foreign reserve to increase it but still the foreign reserve was stagnant.

What was the price of crude oil from 1999 to 2007? Still Obj managed to save over $30 billion in the foreign reserve.

Please stop spewing trash.
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by frankyychiji(f): 2:33pm On Jun 25, 2015
gibzzhd:

can some one pls tell me why fuel still sells for over 100 naria
Because you have entered one chance.
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by FLYFIRE(m): 2:36pm On Jun 25, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Go read the analysis of Oby Ezekwesili, where she took one of the dumbskulls Jonathan surrounded himself with, to the cleaners.

Cleaners my foot...your broom juju don die already grin grin Nigerians will not be deceived any more. You guys have ONLY four year for your lies tongue tongue.

Below is a comment on Thisday by Danny:

Buhari's attack on Jonathan is diversionary. Well meaning Nigerians know it was meant to draw away attention from the millions of dollars Buhari ordered to be given to the leaders of Chad and Niger Republics, under the guise of paying for the Mtinational force against boko haram. Increedibly buhari ordered for the huge funds to be released to Chad and Niger Republics, shortly after the US had assured him that America will fund the multinational force . The rush at which Buhari ordered the release of the funds after the notice by the US makes Buhari's move suspicious and should be investigated. This looks bigger than buhari's 1984 53suitcase scandal. Yet Buhari claims he met an empty treasury
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by kotv: 2:40pm On Jun 25, 2015
APC built itself by lying. Buhari became president by lying. Since May 29, all they've been doing is lying so I won't be surprised of the empty treasure is yet another one of their lies

1 Like

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by zeusdgrt(m): 2:45pm On Jun 25, 2015
helpee:
tale. Ask yourself this question ist, why can't aregbesola borrow? You need to be credit worthy for banks to borrow you money. If FG was expecting money in 2weeks time and they felt as a responsible Govt they couldn't wait till that time to pay their workers they could borrow money. Poor people like you don't know you need to be rich to be able to borrow money. In fact, if you want a bank loan, you will prove you don't need a loan. If you need a loan of one million they will make sure you are worth 3 million. That explains why aregbesola can't borrow...he is broke with an empty treasury. you get it? I know you won't. Oya call me a satanoid and abuse me as usual
Great answer and perfect response to that Agbaya! Am osas and you?
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by manny4life(m): 3:12pm On Jun 25, 2015
blym4real:

Normally I should have ignored you due to your derogatory remark, I will assume you are ignorant of the facts.

First jonathan ruled for five years, when did we have a fall in the price of crude, it not even up to two years, the crude oil bench mark for the budgets was always around $70 to $78 but crude went as high as $110 to $120, meaning we have excess of $30 to $38 on every barel of crude oil, one would expect the excess should be added to the foreign reserve to increase it but still the foreign reserve was stagnant.

What was the price of crude oil from 1999 to 2007? Still Obj managed to save over $30 billion in the foreign reserve.

Please stop spewing trash.

Before you begin speculating rumor that the difference between the sale price and the benchmark is the reserve, I indulge you to please research. Please factor in the Product Sharing Contract between NNPC and IOC's.

Also, it will serve you well to look through CBN record (at least that's the only reliable data) to determine the historical oil price. In fact, here is the link. http://www.cenbank.org/rates/crudeoil.asp

Thank you!
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by freddaboh(m): 3:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/group-berates-buhari-on-empty-treasury-demands-publication-of-jonathan-s-handover-notes/213030/

Is this guy in primary 4 or 5? It's even a shame that it's only USD30B that Nigeria has in both the excess crude account and the foreign reserve. We claim to be the giant of Africa and the biggest economy in the world. The GEJ government did a serious disservice to the growth and development of Nigeria. That government took us six years backward. SMH
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by Jesusloveyou: 3:25pm On Jun 25, 2015
sammhi:

Mr jesus loves u..please practice this. Say truth not because the person is related to you or not..that is our problem in this country .! that is why the politicians play us..we support people based on tribe , religion and party .
let me educate you a little.. no responsible government leaves money in the treasury ..it is saved as Foreign reserve. so Obj left 47bn$ in foreign reserve..GEJ left 29bn$ in foreign reserve. But hope you also realise OBJ did nothing on infrastructure. absolutely nothing.. roads were death traps, hospitals were in shambles, petroleum products were scarce, our Airports were an eye sore etc
GEJ fought BH for 5 years, Establish 9 universities, increase wage by over 53% ...etc. These consumes money..remember when NOI said the army is taking too much money to fight BH..she was shouted to high heavens...
no excuses..i know some level of mismanagement occurred with GEJ ,but so also with all and every government that has ruled us...
Abacha left 9bn$ only to be squandered by Abdul salam within a 9 month period. Maybe you don't know. Go read history
GEJ saved us by investing in agric and other industries ..but whatever he must have done, he is gone ..so let the PMb face work and stop complaining ...tell us what was left and the debt... telling us only one side is not enough..
PMB wil soon release the transition commitee report, to know the state of the economy,the debt and what is left, for now, he is just telling us,that d reserve is almost empty, or is $30b not almost empty with obligation of more than $60b? ECA was $10b, swf acc was $20b but today instead of to increase to $30b during past 5yrs of oil boom, but is now empty with only $2b in ECA. Moreover gej receive inflow more than any govt in d history of nigeria, with more than 30tr naira in 6yrs, pls let us not debate d failure of past govt, lets support d new govt, by saying d truth.

1 Like

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by Jesusloveyou: 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
sammhi:

Mr jesus loves u..please practice this. Say truth not because the person is related to you or not..that is our problem in this country .! that is why the politicians play us..we support people based on tribe , religion and party .
let me educate you a little.. no responsible government leaves money in the treasury ..it is saved as Foreign reserve. so Obj left 47bn$ in foreign reserve..GEJ left 29bn$ in foreign reserve. But hope you also realise OBJ did nothing on infrastructure. absolutely nothing.. roads were death traps, hospitals were in shambles, petroleum products were scarce, our Airports were an eye sore etc
GEJ fought BH for 5 years, Establish 9 universities, increase wage by over 53% ...etc. These consumes money..remember when NOI said the army is taking too much money to fight BH..she was shouted to high heavens...
no excuses..i know some level of mismanagement occurred with GEJ ,but so also with all and every government that has ruled us...
Abacha left 9bn$ only to be squandered by Abdul salam within a 9 month period. Maybe you don't know. Go read history
GEJ saved us by investing in agric and other industries ..but whatever he must have done, he is gone ..so let the PMb face work and stop complaining ...tell us what was left and the debt... telling us only one side is not enough..
PMB wil soon release the transition commitee report, to know the state of the economy,the debt and what is left, for now, he is just telling us,that d reserve is almost empty, or is $30b not almost empty with obligation of more than $60b? ECA was $10b, swf acc was $20b but today instead of to increase to $30b during past 5yrs of oil boom, but is now empty with only $2b in ECA. Moreover gej receive inflow more than any govt in d history of nigeria, with more than 30tr naira in 6yrs, pls let us not debate d failure of past govt, lets support d new govt, by saying d truth. Jesuslovesyou

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by blym4real: 3:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
manny4life:

Before you begin speculating rumor that the difference between the sale price and the benchmark is the reserve, I indulge you to please research. Please factor in the Product Sharing Contract between NNPC and IOC's.

Also, it will serve you well to look through CBN record (at least that's the only reliable data) to determine the historical oil price. In fact, here is the link. http://www.cenbank.org/rates/crudeoil.asp

Thank you!

I didn't say the difference in the price of crude oil and benchmark is the reserve, but it could have been used to increase the reserve.
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by Jesusloveyou: 3:43pm On Jun 25, 2015
exco90:

Make he no be like say u sef no put mouth.. Please oga tell me how much be salary wen gej assume office.. And is there any increment?.. Agricultural and rail transportation.. New universities and most of dem goes to that tribalistic tribes of the northern part of nigeri.. Am a living withness of a beneficiary of sure P.
we are on d same page, gej increase salaries,increase allowances, increase overhead,increase subsidies,incread debt, deplete all acc(reserve,ECA and swf) and he receive inflow during oil boom,more than any regime, with more than 30tr naira in 6yrs.

1 Like

Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by OrlandoOwoh(m): 3:43pm On Jun 25, 2015
iceland1:
this boy sef you get head so? Na your type teacher go ask question say 2+3=? and you mate d show you their five finger you go dey board d draw am oh, black is black if you see white you wan d call am black. Your type d spend 7 years for 5 years course oh. Even if dem give you text book you know go fit even give out d answer. Mofo, ode. Ena.
Anuofia, if the economy is good as Okonjo-Iweala said, how come we are indebted? How come Jonathan left nothing in the coffers.? When Obasanjo was leaving in 2007, he cleared our debt and left some money in the coffers.
Stop reasoning with your yansh.
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by marqueetim(m): 3:52pm On Jun 25, 2015
love this part “The inability of some 22 states to pay salaries has nothing to do with President Jonathan as it is left for each state of the federation to set her priorities and manage her finances. President Jonathan was not a military Head of State and has no business controlling the purse of any state.
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by Nobody: 4:04pm On Jun 25, 2015
That's the excuse a non performer gives.
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by Nobody: 4:06pm On Jun 25, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Anuofia, if the economy is good as Okonjo-Iweala said, how come we are indebted? How come Jonathan left nothing in the coffers.? When Obasanjo was leaving in 2007, he cleared our debt and left some money in the coffers.
Stop reasoning with your yansh.
Larger chunks of the loan were taken by govs,Remember that lagos state government is owing #500 and something billion naira debt.
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:28pm On Jun 25, 2015
otunsman:
Larger chunks of the loan were taken by govs,Remember that lagos state government is owing #500 and something billion naira debt.
Lagos State has enough IGR to clear its debt just as the United States which is indebted but has the money to clear its debt. Count Lagos State out.
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by sunshine1974(m): 4:41pm On Jun 25, 2015
Forget dat woman and soludo, dey are both attention seekers. Shey APC want power na, power dey have gotten, let's see na
OrlandoOwoh:

Go read the analysis of Oby Ezekwesili, where she took one of the dumbskulls Jonathan surrounded himself with, to the cleaners.
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by front247: 4:53pm On Jun 25, 2015
Apc was founded on d foundations of lies. They just lie too much even d vice president who is a pastorwink
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by marv1: 5:11pm On Jun 25, 2015
[quote author=natas22 post=35123812] A man who kindly left the seat of power so that common Nigerians won't be consumed by pro election violence, the same man you are telling me emptied the treasury. I don't believe it its what the military will call bloody lie.

Cheeked from previous govts.

This group failed to realize that it wasn't jonathan administration that left money in the reserve but it was OBJ and Yaradua administation, but Jonathan administration depleted the foreign reserve saved by OBJ $30B and Yaradua about $47 billion.
Despite that GEJ administration enjoyed the highest price of crude oil ever in history, one would expect the foreign reserve to grow to a large extent but instead they still went to LOOT the foreign reserve.
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by marv1: 5:17pm On Jun 25, 2015
conyema12:
Am sorry to say that APC as a Party was built on the foundation of lies.
Such a party will not stand the test of time.
This can be seen in the present day House of Assembly.

Most of their assertions are deceitful. I know the previous administration did carry out some level of financial recklessness. However l feel APC should be more objective in their publicity and claims.
. Just relax. Dont abuse yet everything will be published very soon. PMB wil soon release the transition commitee report, to know the state of the economy,the debt and what is left, for now, he is just telling us,that d reserve is almost empty, or is $30b not almost empty with obligation of more than $60b? ECA was $10b, swf acc was $20b but today instead of to increase to $30b during past 5yrs of oil boom, but is now empty with only $2b in ECA. Moreover gej receive inflow more than any govt in d history of nigeria, with more than 30tr naira in 6yrs, pls let us not debate d failure of past govt, lets support d new govt, by saying d truth. ThanksJesuslovesyou
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by marv1: 5:25pm On Jun 25, 2015
ascaris:
I hardly believe anything from APC. Most people have been scammed by this party and yet some of us here on NL will keep pretending. After NASS crisis Nigerians will go on protest if the N5000 promised them is not met.
Bunch of greedy liers led by lier Mohammed who himself have been scammed! You notice he hardly talk this days?
You too stop peddling lies if it is not true let GEJ come and defend it at least he is still alive. More info will be released to subsiquently to authenticate. This group failed to realize that it wasn't jonathan administration that left money in the reserve but it was OBJ and Yaradua administation, but Jonathan administration depleted the foreign reserve saved by OBJ $30B and Yaradua about $47 billion.
Despite GEJ administration enjoyed the highest price of crude oil ever in history, one would expect the foreign reserve to grow to a large extent but instead they still went to LOOT the foreign reserve.
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by marv1: 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2015
helpee:
all these your TAN this, TAN that is becoming stale. Ask yourself this question ist, why can't aregbesola borrow? You need to be credit worthy for banks to borrow you money. If FG was expecting money in 2weeks time and they felt as a responsible Govt they couldn't wait till that time to pay their workers they could borrow money. Poor people like you don't know you need to be rich to be able to borrow money. In fact, if you want a bank loan, you will prove you don't need a loan. If you need a loan of one million they will make sure you are worth 3 million. That explains why aregbesola can't borrow...he is broke with an empty treasury. you get it? I know you won't. Oya call me a satanoid and abuse me as usual
This group failed to realize that it wasn't jonathan administration that left money in the reserve but it was OBJ and Yaradua administation, but Jonathan administration depleted the foreign reserve saved by OBJ $30B and Yaradua about $47 billion.
Despite GEJ administration enjoyed the highest price of crude oil ever in history, one would expect the foreign reserve to grow to a large extent but instead they still went to LOOT the foreign reserve.
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by disloman(m): 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2015
iceland1:
you go school, that is how they will be teaching A and you will be saying B. Ode try and learn, call a spade a spade buhari is a BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG lier, they try to build on propaganda even when electioneering is over.
Like ur fada?
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by EmekaBlue(m): 6:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
buharis act stp complaining and telling lies...we r nt that broke as a country
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by Amanwulu1(m): 6:37pm On Jun 25, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
are u not tired for this ur fooolishness? how can u be equating foreign reserve with what gej claim he save? Or is it gej that save d $30b in d treasury, how can he deplete d treasury from $47b to $30b, and he wil stil be claiming,he left $30b, are u d one that kept d $30b there. Instead to hear that u have increase our treasury, from $47b to $67b.
u nid serious help I tell u n I dont kn whr to start.
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by debeginin(m): 6:58pm On Jun 25, 2015
Jesusloveyou:
we are on d same page, gej increase salaries,increase allowances, increase overhead,increase subsidies,incread debt, deplete all acc(reserve,ECA and swf) and he receive inflow during oil boom,more than any regime, with more than 30tr naira in 6yrs.
lol!! He also increased looting!!
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by unclejb2(m): 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
This is a step in the right direction. Buhari should come clean with his government. The scam is becoming alarming. He should make public that hand over notes
Re: Group Berates Buhari On Empty Treasury, Demands Publication Of Handover Note . by jazzy4naija(m): 8:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
Amaechi: Look, gentlemen, we must continue to tell the compound fools that we
met an empty treasury. Otherwise, they will expect us to perform. You know
there is no way we can actualise our campaign promises even if they keep us
100 years in power. Lai Mohammed: Yes o. When you continue to repeat lies
again and again, fools take it to be the truth and nothing but the truth. Rochas:
Why? Amaechi: Because fools, especially Nigerian fools, I mean those you will
always find shouting saiBuhari for no reason, they are so lazy they cannot make
any move to uncover the truth. They only depend on what you feed them with.
Lai Mohammed: In fact, to spread lies is my profession. I pledged long time
ago, to continue to religiously lie at every opportunity. I love my career o.
Oyegun: So where do we tell Nigerians we got the N409.354bn we are about to
share from? Did that money fall from heaven? Or should we tell them it was a
gift from our parent body, the Brotherhood of Egypt? Amaechi: Chief Oyegun,
my chairman, do not worry about that. Leave that to me and Lai Mohammed.
Nigerians are our MUGU any time any day. We know how to handle them. Shebi
na lie dem want? We shall produce gallons of lies for them MUMU. Me I sabi lie
o, I swear. Trust me and Lai. Rochas: Amaechi, So you think you are a better
liar than me. Do not try me o. I lied my way into APGA and lied my way out of
APGA without any problem. But you Amaechi, your lies always end up in
problems upon problems. Lai Mohammed: Rochas, are you now begging to join
our team of liars? Do you think Nigerians will listen to you and your lies? Don't
you know that no one trust you in Nigeria? Not even the people of your state,
Imo. Rochas: Shut up Lai. Go and wear your pampers before you talk to me.
FFK was right when he told Nigerians that you are suffering from chronic
incontinence. Amaechi: Chairman sir, I have been a drummer boy. I have been a
street sweeper, I have been an emergency hair dresser, all in the name of
manufacturing lies and it worked as planned. Believe me, let me handle this task
with Lai Mohammed and you will not regret. Oyegun: Hmn, I am confused. I
think I am more confused than innocent Nigerians now. Amaechi: Chairman, you
do not have to be confused. All you need to keep saying is that we met an
empty treasury. That is the antidote to your confusion. That is all our saiBuhari
supporters require from us. Nothing more, nothing less. That is the magic. That
is the CHANGE we promised and we are already giving it to them as promised.
SHIKENA.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo :I don’t believe NBS figures, Nigerians are becoming richer / Badeh, Alkali’s Murder Meant To Hide Corruption In The Military - Punch / IPOB Turning To Insurgency, Shila Boys Terrorising Adamawa — Peace Pro Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.