Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,485 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ (22647 Views)

Nigeria To Cut Senators, Reps’ Jumbo Pay As Buhari Fumes / I Did Not Discuss Jonathan With Buhari Says Anyaoku / Jonathan Sends Anyaoku To Beg President Buhari Not To Probe Him- SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ by IBBG(m): 10:31am On Jun 25, 2015
MARKone:

That is our major problem we rant, on social media, on print media, we just keep on ranting, no attempt to show our collective anger, through peaceful demonstrations, Nigerians can shut down NASS if they so desire, but how can we achieve that, when those who are supposed to lead us have been compromised, labour is divided, many religious leaders are concerned more about tithes and offerings, the average Nigerian seems not to even care, as long as there is food on the table, no matter how small....life goes on.

This issue NASS is constitutional and unfortunately NASS has been deeply monetised, and RMAFC on their own is not helping matters. Our Bicameral system is expensive, being manned by kleptomaniac politicians, a den for failed governors, drug barons and power hungry block heads(T.A Orji) grin. We should copy the Chinese National People's Congress, which apart from being Unicameral, have part time lawmakers, that sits like four times in a year to pass bills.
We cannot continue doing things like this, that change must start from our political leaders.
true talk. Though I've never gone for a protest before, but this particular one I'm more than willing to go. The problem with an average Nigerian is that nobody is willing to die for others to enjoy, nobody is willing to sacrifice for the greater good of others. Our fathers have refuse to pay and we the children don't want to pay the price for our children and grandchildren to benefit.
Re: Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ by change49ja: 10:49am On Jun 25, 2015
He told the world that even at that, Nigeria ‘prides’ herself as having the highest paid lawmakers in the world. And that means that the Nigerian lawmaker earns more than his counterpart in the United States, China, Britain, Japan, Canada et al? In these countries, their light will hardly blink. In these countries, monthly statistical information about number of jobs created is a serious campaign issue.

I really pity Nigeria
Re: Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ by stag: 1:18pm On Jun 25, 2015
1acre:
The best piece I ever read in a long while. Please move to the Front page let the reading continue.

Nice one.

I once heard him at speak at a conference at the Nigeria Institute of International Affairs, VI and he was definitely a sound mind. His oratory is on point and awesome. Surely one of the best I have heard speak so far.
Re: Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ by free13: 5:35pm On Jun 25, 2015
Hmm....
Re: Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ by Caseless: 6:21pm On Jun 25, 2015

They seemed to be saying, “This is not the place and time for this kind of comments, and whoever recommended that Anyaoku should give the keynote address this evening, did a bad job. He must be mischievous.’’

this part got me laughing. grin grin
Re: Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ by Stylaay(m): 10:40pm On Jun 25, 2015
Word. Youths of today won't think with thier brains like this. Rather ibo this, yoruba that
Re: Jumbo Pay: Emeka Anyaoku’s ‘atomic Bomb’ by DonXavi(m): 11:20pm On Jun 25, 2015
Nice one indeed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Angry Workers Nearly Attacked Policemen At Abuja May Day Rally (Photo) / Court Orders Arrest Of Uwemedimo Nwoko, Nsikan Nkan, Mfon Udomah, Margaret Ukpe / MURIC Warns Nigeria's Christians: Don't Fall For Trump's Bait To Divide Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.