Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:22 AM

Court Sacks PDP House Of Reps Member In Anambra State - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sacks PDP House Of Reps Member In Anambra State (1253 Views)

Supreme Court Removes Sopuluchukwu Ezeonwuka As House Of Reps Member / Christian Abah Certificate Forgery: Supreme Court Affirms Sacking Of Reps Member / Appeal Court Sacks Pdp Senator In Delta State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Sacks PDP House Of Reps Member In Anambra State by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jun 25, 2015
A Federal High Court in Abuja on Thursday ordered the Peoples Democratic Party member of the House of Representatives representing Onitsha North/South Federal Constituency of Anambra State, Godwin Idu, to vacate his seat.

Justice Adeniyi Ademola also cancelled the certificate of return which the Independent National Electoral Commission earlier issued to him as the winner of the March 28, 2015 election for the Onitsha North/South Federal Constituency seat in the House of Representatives.

The judge, who was delivering judgment in a suit challenging the submission of Idu’s name to the INEC as the candidate of the PDP for the election, ordered that the plaintiff in the suit, Lynda Chuba-Ikpeazu, should be sworn in Idu’s stead.

Chuba-Ikpeazu, had filed the suit which predated the March 28, 2015 election, on March 18, 2015, to challenge the substitution of her name earlier submitted to INEC as the winner of the PDP’s primary, with that of Idu.

The PDP, INEC, the National Working Committee of the PDP and Idu were the defendants in the suit. But INEC did not file any defence in the suit filed through the plaintiff’s counsel, Onyechi Ikpeazu (SAN).

The judge, as part of the ancillary orders in his judgment ,directed INEC to issue fresh certificate of return to Chuba-Ikpeazu.

He ordered the Speaker and the Clerk of the National Assembly to swear in Chuba-Ikpeazu as replacement for Idu immediately.

The judge in granting all the prayers sought by the plaintiff held that the substitution of her name with that of Idu violated the provisions of sections 31(2)(j) and 50 of the PDP constitution; sections 31(1)(2) and 33 of the Electoral Act, 2010 (as amended); section 222(c)of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and Article 25 (xii) of the Electoral Guidelines for Primary Elections, 2014 of the PDP.

http://www.anambrareporters.com/2015/06/court-sacks-pdp-house-of-reps-member-in.html
Re: Court Sacks PDP House Of Reps Member In Anambra State by forgiveness: 9:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
ok na
Re: Court Sacks PDP House Of Reps Member In Anambra State by lordmayor4(m): 9:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
nice move and return to rule of law. justice for all
Re: Court Sacks PDP House Of Reps Member In Anambra State by demmy0325(m): 9:49pm On Jun 25, 2015
Re: Court Sacks PDP House Of Reps Member In Anambra State by Ezenwammadu(m): 9:50pm On Jun 25, 2015
PDP member out another PDP member in........OK

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks PDP House Of Reps Member In Anambra State by Spaxon(f): 9:51pm On Jun 25, 2015
I still de Sidon look una..
Re: Court Sacks PDP House Of Reps Member In Anambra State by SSPX(m): 10:15pm On Jun 25, 2015
So awaits many more
Re: Court Sacks PDP House Of Reps Member In Anambra State by chingum(f): 10:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
Okay naw
Re: Court Sacks PDP House Of Reps Member In Anambra State by opiaoku: 10:22pm On Jun 25, 2015
I know say Lynda go win that idu guy for court

that's my constituency.
Re: Court Sacks PDP House Of Reps Member In Anambra State by viczing(m): 10:24pm On Jun 25, 2015
opiaoku:
I know say Lynda go win that idu guy for court

that's my constituency.

Buhari is a terrorist - El rufai 2015

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks PDP House Of Reps Member In Anambra State by opiaoku: 10:27pm On Jun 25, 2015
viczing:

Buhari is a terrorist - El rufai 2015

Apc is bokoharam - DSS
Re: Court Sacks PDP House Of Reps Member In Anambra State by Nobody: 10:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
PDP or APGA no problem

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks PDP House Of Reps Member In Anambra State by PhockPhockMan: 11:19pm On Jun 25, 2015
As far as it's not APC No problem at all

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks PDP House Of Reps Member In Anambra State by Odok1: 11:27pm On Jun 25, 2015
If i hear
Re: Court Sacks PDP House Of Reps Member In Anambra State by bakila: 11:32pm On Jun 25, 2015
I hope they have not posted the wardrobe allowance to his account? No black belle intended anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Senator Ben Murray Bruce's Message To Nairalander Youths / Caption This Wonderful Designer Bag............ Picture. / Photos: Man Threatens To Kill Himself Today 20th Of July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.