Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Versata Level 1 Support Job - Jobs/Vacancies (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Versata Level 1 Support Job (28372 Views)

IT Support Job At FLID / IT Technical Support Job Opens At Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company (IBEDC / Pls I Need An IT Support Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by Nobody: 5:57pm On Nov 10, 2015
Hello guys....I need you help. Am also under going series of test by cross over. I just want to ask two questions here...firstly is this company legit? Secondly once recruited do they actually pay you.?
Please if there is any one who is working for them presently kindly help with the above questions.

Thanks guys. I sincerely need a job right now to survive. Ready to do anything within my possible best to get hired
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by dentrice: 9:36pm On Nov 13, 2015
I received a mail from crossover team that the position I applied for has been filled. They promised reaching me for interview immediately when they advertise again for the position in 8-10weeks time. Please guys kindly enlighten me on this! Thanks
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by dentrice: 7:17pm On Nov 14, 2015
Pls I need your response ejor
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2015
is this thread dead? where are those working alrealdy? at least they should somtimes come and update us on how things are going. undecided undecided cry
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by KINGTELLER: 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2015
dentrice:
I received a mail from crossover team that the position I applied for has been filled. They promised reaching me for interview immediately when they advertise again for the position in 8-10weeks time. Please guys kindly enlighten me on this! Thanks

I guess you were on their waiting list, when you applied via their job portal "hire.jobvite"... Seems they are either terminating or upgrading that particular job portal...
shacore:
Hello guys....I need you help. Am also under going series of test by cross over. I just want to ask two questions here...firstly is this company legit? Secondly once recruited do they actually pay you.?
Please if there is any one who is working for them presently kindly help with the above questions.
Thanks guys. I sincerely need a job right now to survive. Ready to do anything within my possible best to get hired
Yes, they're legit…
What stage of the test are you writing?
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by kaycodes: 11:02pm On Nov 25, 2015
Okay, has anyone gotten an invite for trial week?

Please let us know... grin grin grin grin
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by KINGTELLER: 6:36am On Nov 28, 2015
kaycodes:
Okay, has anyone gotten an invite for trial week?

Please let us know... grin grin grin grin

Yes, some have and some are awaiting offer
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by kaycodes: 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2015
Okay, to all the Versata hopefuls this one is for you.

As much as I would like to reply every email I get on my inbox as well as on Linkedin, i'd want to give a comprehensive overview here.

Whatever Information I omit, means I do not wish to share or have absolutely no Idea.

Who is Versata?

Visit this link to get that Info www.versata.com

What are they into?

Versata is an ERP software company with an impressive portfolio of business applications and programs.

Well you ask Google for the rest. grin grin

Basically, Versata recruits for 2 major positions that most Nigerians can fit into.

1. L1 Support Agent.

2. L2 Support Agent.

for full details of these roles, again consult Google.

Yeah I know lots of peeps will be expecting inside information, sorry I can not share that. Blame employee confidentiality or any other issue.

Well let me answer some questions I have received via email and on this forum.

Are they legit?

Yes they are, this is not a get rich quick scheme company, this is a company that created a model that has given an IT support professionals outside the US an opportunity to live their dreams. You know how crappy customer service is in Nigeria, at Versata we have an entirely different model that ensures that the customer is the number one focus. So yeah you need good IT skills or at least a very well written CV to scale the selection process.

At versata, a well defined process is behind what we do and how we work, this means that you are guided every step of the way with documents and guidelines for you to follow.

Okay to the recruitment process, all you have to do is submit a CV that details your IT skills, then you get taken through a set of interview and challenges. depending on the role applied for.

If you successfully complete this phase, then you are invited for another round of HR interview by crossover, where you get to speak with a recruiter directly and get evaluated. However at this stage, you can be hopeful of getting in, but be prepared, as everything is not set in stone.

Then you receive a Paid trial week offer from them. You will be paid for taking the trial week, whether you advance or not.
During your trial week please do not try to cheat your way through in anyway. I didn't finish some questions, but I gave it my best.

Follow their process like your life depends on it, this is not time for Nigerian mentality and African man time. You will be working during US working hours, so get that into your schedule.

After your trial week, if you get an offer then congratulations, if not better luck next time.

Tips to getting through.

1. Your internet speed is very vital, ignore this at your own risk. You need a network that can offer you at least 2mbps minimum or please just stop the entire process.

2. Get a fast computer that can handle multiple browser tabs, invest in more RAM than processor. cool cool

3. Use either Chrome or firefox, internet explorer is not recommended by me.

4. During your trial week you will feel so alone, don't give up, it's all part of the test, the actual job is much more fun with colleagues from across the globe and some pretty smart folks with very impressive CV... my own dey learn for where dem dey. cheesy cheesy

Benefits

Yes they pay you every week, so you get what you work for.
No work No pay, so every hour you're not working is money lost. and you cannot work beyond a certain limit... make you nor go finish their money.

Extensive exposure to whatever software you are assigned to, with time to train and get better on the job.

When registering for payment the very first time, please take the bank option even if you don't have a Dorm account the money will be paid into your savings account. I suggest you use a bank like GTB. Avoid the Payoneer card even if you already have one.

With the bank option you get to wait an extra day or two before the money can reflect in your account, but it's much better as you can get a good rate for your USD when you sell them.

Payoneer card gives you the added advantage of withdrawing your money as soon as it hits your account, but you will incur more fees and ATM will convert your cash at a lower rate. Fidelity converted at N186 to 1USD when dollar was 245 on the parrallel market

So again avoid that card when dealing with crossover, don't say I didnt warn you, if you like make long throat do you. tongue tongue

Please ask me any other question I'll follow the thread for a while before dropping off. and Yes, I created this thread and am glad some peeps got to the trial week stage, it finally made that monkey that commented in the first page look like an incompetent detective.

Finally this is not a get rich quick scheme, it's an actual job.

You can drop your questions here and I'll answer them as fast as I can.

N:B ==> Don't send me emails asking how you can pass the trial week, because I honestly DO NOT KNOW. Give it your best, like every process sometimes even the best miss out of the opportunities.

Have a lovely day.

5 Likes

Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by tunisbaba(m): 8:33pm On Nov 29, 2015
kaycodes:

As much as I would like to reply every email I get on my inbox as well as on Linkedin, i'd want to give a comprehensive overview here.

Whatever Information I omit, means I do not wish to share or have absolutely no Idea.

Who is Versata?

What are they into?

Versata is an ERP software company with an impressive portfolio of business applications and programs.

Basically, Versata recruits for 2 major positions that most Nigerians can fit into.

1. L1 Support Agent.

2. L2 Support Agent.

Yeah I know lots of peeps will be expecting inside information, sorry I can not share that. Blame employee confidentiality or any other issue.

Are they legit?

Yes they are, this is not a get rich quick scheme company, this is a company that created a model that has given an IT support professionals outside the US an opportunity to live their dreams. You know how crappy customer service is in Nigeria, at Versata we have an entirely different model that ensures that the customer is the number one focus. So yeah you need good IT skills or at least a very well written CV to scale the selection process.

At versata, a well defined process is behind what we do and how we work, this means that you are guided every step of the way with documents and guidelines for you to follow.

Okay to the recruitment process, all you have to do is submit a CV that details your IT skills, then you get taken through a set of interview and challenges. depending on the role applied for.

If you successfully complete this phase, then you are invited for another round of HR interview by crossover, where you get to speak with a recruiter directly and get evaluated. However at this stage, you can be hopeful of getting in, but be prepared, as everything is not set in stone.

Then you receive a Paid trial week offer from them. You will be paid for taking the trial week, whether you advance or not.
During your trial week please do not try to cheat your way through in anyway. I didn't finish some questions, but I gave it my best.

Follow their process like your life depends on it, this is not time for Nigerian mentality and African man time. You will be working during US working hours, so get that into your schedule.

After your trial week, if you get an offer then congratulations, if not better luck next time.

Tips to getting through.

1. Your internet speed is very vital, ignore this at your own risk. You need a network that can offer you at least 2mbps minimum or please just stop the entire process.

2. Get a fast computer that can handle multiple browser tabs, invest in more RAM than processor. cool cool

4. During your trial week you will feel so alone, don't give up, it's all part of the test, the actual job is much more fun with colleagues from across the globe and some pretty smart folks with very impressive CV... my own dey learn for where dem dey. cheesy cheesy

Benefits

No work No pay, so every hour you're not working is money lost. and you cannot work beyond a certain limit... make you nor go finish their money.

Extensive exposure to whatever software you are assigned to, with time to train and get better on the job.

When registering for payment the very first time, please take the bank option even if you don't have a Dorm account the money will be paid into your savings account. I suggest you use a bank like GTB. Avoid the Payoneer card even if you already have one.

With the bank option you get to wait an extra day or two before the money can reflect in your account, but it's much better as you can get a good rate for your USD when you sell them.

Payoneer card gives you the added advantage of withdrawing your money as soon as it hits your account, but you will incur more fees and ATM will convert your cash at a lower rate. Fidelity converted at N186 to 1USD when dollar was 245 on the parrallel market

So again avoid that card when dealing with crossover, don't say I didnt warn you, if you like make long throat do you. tongue tongue

Please ask me any other question I'll follow the thread for a while before dropping off. and Yes, I created this thread and am glad some peeps got to the trial week stage, it finally made that monkey that commented in the first page look like an incompetent detective.

N:B ==> Don't send me emails asking how you can pass the trial week, because I honestly DO NOT KNOW. Give it your best, like every process sometimes even the best miss out of the opportunities.

Have a lovely day.
Thank you bro for this lovely tips. My question is must you be online from 1pm to 11pm throughout the trial week?
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by kaycodes: 12:25am On Nov 30, 2015
tunisbaba:

Thank you bro for this lovely tips. My question is must you be online from 1pm to 11pm throughout the trial week?

Yes.
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by Jackson755: 5:34pm On Nov 30, 2015
I just got 2 emails to start my test. I would update you guys as i continue this Journey. I hope i scale through. for L1 support.
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by lynnfeb(f): 10:13pm On Nov 30, 2015
I also just got my mail to start the test for L1. I pray to scale through.
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by lynnfeb(f): 10:16pm On Nov 30, 2015
Jackson755:
I just got 2 emails to start my test. I would update you guys as i continue this Journey. I hope i scale through. for L1 support.

Hv u done d test?
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by Nobody: 6:26am On Dec 01, 2015
undecided
kaycodes:

Who is Versata?

What are they into?

1. L1 Support Agent.

2. L2 Support Agent.

Are they legit?

Tips to getting through.

Benefits

Have a lovely day.
Thank you very comprehensive. Pls you don't need to drop off the thread, we would continue to need your advice. Thanks once again
Got two mails too for L1 position. I'm seriously praying to God I scale through this time.
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by Jackson755: 11:44am On Dec 01, 2015
yes i just completed my test. Both the behaviour based test, and the Aptitude test. Just reserve 3 hours straight if you want to complete everything. Its actually long and interesting. The test made me do lots of thinking. There is also a grammar part yes. you would read. for those who get any accent pls try to remove your accent before the speech part. lol. my advice. Wish you guys good luck.
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by kaycodes: 8:23am On Dec 02, 2015
shacore:
undecided
Thank you very comprehensive. Pls you don't need to drop off the thread, we would continue to need your advice. Thanks once again
Got two mails too for L1 position. I'm seriously praying to God I scale through this time.

grin grin grin Bros I still dey here jare.

Okay please for those sending me mails directly, my apologies if I can't respond to you directly. It just gets tiring having to answer same questions over and over again. So please kindly mention me in your questions and comments here and I'll answer to the best of my knowledge. That way even newcomers can benefit.

I don't have the power to help anyone get an opportunity, but I can share my experience and hope that it helps us all.

The process is highly competitive, and don't worry about accent, just make sure you do your voice recording in a clear and quiet environment. preferably at night when the network speed is fast and everywhere is quiet.

Wish you guys all the best.
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by ifynwabuokei(f): 9:17am On Dec 02, 2015
Pls wat is deadline to write the test if after the test mail has been received
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by KINGTELLER: 11:28am On Dec 02, 2015
ifynwabuokei:
Pls wat is deadline to write the test if after the test mail has been received

You've at least 7 days to answer your technical test questions but it's a demerit if you have to wait till the 5th to 7th day. One thing I have learnt over time, it is advisable you answer and reply your mail within 48 hours. If you do not attempt to answer/reply their questions within 48hours of receipt, it sends a negative signal to them you aren't going to give your full time for the job if employed; that is one yardstick they also consider.

Replying your mail and attempting the test as soon as possible shows you are serious for the job role. Remember, this job entails you staying glued to your system within the working hours and not doing anything else except the company Job.. You will be highly monitored.

Please don't solicit for answer when answering the Hackerrank question using the same browser, if you do and you succeed, good luck but I can bet you the company will know if you solicit for answers by clicking tabs; that is the power function of Javascript. If you must solicit, please reduce the number of times you click on the browser tab.
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by peegeorge(m): 11:44am On Dec 05, 2015
Hello everyone,

As regards the Versata L1 Support role, I got an invite to take the test. Two mails though. One from Crossover and another from the Talent Acquisition Team.

I took the tests going through the link I received from Crossover. However, when I got to the fourth stage - the Multiple Choice Skill Test, I was asked to provide a password. I tried several passwords but could not log in.

I decided to try the second mail from the Talent Acquisition Team and discovered that it was the same link to the 120 minute time test. The only difference was that I didn't require a password to log in. Just my skype ID and my name. I logged in and took the test and have submitted (this morning).

I just want to find out if anyone had similar challenge with password and if the link from the Talent Acquisition Team is any different from the Versata link which I doubt. Also, I was not asked to submit my voice recording when I started the test (They stated that would be the first question). Please how did you guys go about the 4th stage?

I'd appreciate your responses with rich details.

Thank you.
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by neo4real: 12:08pm On Dec 05, 2015
hi
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by neo4real: 12:13pm On Dec 05, 2015
Hello Peegeorge,

I also had the issue and xxxx failed to assist as I could not post on nairaland at the time, had to write to them and they provided this link:

http:///forms/INH3JYMGdl

continue till you get to section 3a, paste the link, continue to the end the put in your details and submit.

peegeorge:
Hello everyone,

As regards the Versata L1 Support role, I got an invite to take the test. Two mails though. One from Crossover and another from the Talent Acquisition Team.

I took the tests going through the link I received from Crossover. However, when I got to the fourth stage - the Multiple Choice Skill Test, I was asked to provide a password. I tried several passwords but could not log in.

I decided to try the second mail from the Talent Acquisition Team and discovered that it was the same link to the 120 minute time test. The only difference was that I didn't require a password to log in. Just my skype ID and my name. I logged in and took the test and have submitted (this morning).

I just want to find out if anyone had similar challenge with password and if the link from the Talent Acquisition Team is any different from the Versata link which I doubt. Also, I was not asked to submit my voice recording when I started the test (They stated that would be the first question). Please how did you guys go about the 4th stage?

I'd appreciate your responses with rich details.

Thank you.
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by ifynwabuokei(f): 8:44pm On Dec 05, 2015
I experienced such too. And I followed suit as u did...buh I had a challenge oooo. I finished my multiple test questions and was not able to submit b4 my system went off..will it submit automatically?? want is d nxt stage?
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by kaycodes: 1:27am On Dec 06, 2015
neo4real:
Hello Peegeorge,

I also had the issue and Kingsley failed to assist as I could not post on nairaland at the time, had to write to them and they provided this link:

http:///forms/INH3JYMGdl

continue till you get to section 3a, paste the link, continue to the end the put in your details and submit.

Now the above reason is why I do not reply emails. To avoid people like you implicating others without even knowing it. Even glassdoor where people do reviews keep the identity of employees anonymous for a reason, please edit that post and have Actual names removed. This is a public forum.

I am not here to assist ANYONE with tests or assignments. The instructions are very clear, "if you encounter challenges contact them" which you finally did. It seems to me you do not understand where you are applying to, and insinuating on forums that you requested for assistance to take their tests in whatever form could cost you the opportunity.

Again to all, please post your questions here and myself and others will give whatever guidance we can.

Watch what you say and type especially relating to people's Identity and particulars.

One final advice give it your best and leave the rest to God. What is yours will be yours.

1 Like

Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by neo4real: 9:54am On Dec 06, 2015
I am sorry for the implication, did not know it could get to implicate as it is a support issue but i was actually sad at your non-response to try to support even after i explained my peculiar situation.

I got a message to write the test on Saturday Nov 28th at 11:30pm, completed the test/ questionnaire on Sunday 29th but had issues to placing my recording link, I sent mail to jobvite and hackerrank and also tried to get support through nairaland but could not submit the issue. I created another account as adviced by xxxx and tried posting but was told i had to wait for a week to post which i explained to xxxx wiith screenshots but got no response, so u should understand my frustration as the time was running out until i got a response from hackerrank that the issue had been sent to crossover and they sent the link.

Fortunately, I got a response from crossover at on Saturday and sent in my link to them before the expiry of my 7days.
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by kaycodes: 10:19am On Dec 06, 2015
ifynwabuokei:
I experienced such too. And I followed suit as u did...buh I had a challenge oooo. I finished my multiple test questions and was not able to submit b4 my system went off..will it submit automatically?? want is d nxt stage?

I don't think it will submit. We're you using a desktop? Laptops are best for this job oh... Otherwise Nigerian power wahala will frustrate you.
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by peegeorge(m): 9:51pm On Dec 06, 2015
@neo4real
Thanks for the link. I tried opening it and got the "webpage is not available" error message. I sent them a mail yesterday though. No reply. I guess they'll be replying tomorrow because I sent the mail on a weekend.

@ifynwabuokei
The best advice I'd give you is to send a mail to support@hackerrank.com. It's even stated in the instructions of the test that if you've got any issues with your step 4 test, you should send a mail to that addy immediately.

Regards.
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by kaycodes: 6:53am On Dec 10, 2015
If you're still trying to send me messages, please once again drop your comments and questions here so we can all benefit from them. There are no personal questions to ask, let us know your challenges, and am sure someone will have an answer for you here.

Thanks.
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by mamanjai: 7:03am On Dec 10, 2015
Hi Kaycodes, I got to record my voice and saved the file. I have been searching for the file to upload the URL link I can't seem to find it on the website. Nothing comes up after saving the voice note. Please how do I go about this? Thanks in advance
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by mamanjai: 7:55am On Dec 10, 2015
mamanjai:
Hi Kaycodes, I got to record my voice and saved the file. I have been searching for the file to upload the URL link I can't seem to find it on the website. Nothing comes up after saving the voice note. Please how do I go about this? Thanks in advance

Not to worry Kaycodes, I have been able to sort this out. Thank you
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by ity22: 2:24pm On Dec 10, 2015
kaycodes:
If you're still trying to send me messages, please once again drop your comments and questions here so we can all benefit from them. There are no personal questions to ask, let us know your challenges, and am sure someone will have an answer for you here.

Thanks.

@Kaycodes....I'm at the last stage of the recruitment process as at Nov 27...i.e Skype Interview but up till now no skype interview invite. Any idea what could have gone wrong? The role is for Customer Support Engineer.
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by kaycodes: 3:02pm On Dec 10, 2015
ity22:

@Kaycodes....I'm at the last stage of the recruitment process as at Nov 27...i.e Skype Interview but up till now no skype interview invite. Any idea what could have gone wrong? The role is for Customer Support Engineer.

That role is probably with Aurea, you can reach out to your hiring manager or whoever you have been in touch with. Just politely let them know you are waiting for the Skype interview invitation.
Re: Versata Level 1 Support Job by KINGTELLER: 3:10pm On Dec 10, 2015
ity22:

Have you been called by the account manager? We're in same shoe, awaiting their skype interview too... Buzz me, I'll give you a detail description of what the job role entails

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Powerful Words That Will Get You A Job / Recruitment Into State Civil Service. Interview Questions? / Just Got A Job Interview Invite From Magdala, Who Else Got It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.