Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters (28854 Views)

Lagos Government Demolishes Shanties In Obalende (Photos) / El-Rufai Demolishes Inuwa Abdulkadir's House, A Top APC Chieftain In Kaduna (Pic / Tears As Lagos Demolishes Oshodi Market (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by ManTiger(m): 8:22pm On Jun 27, 2015
bright007:
i smell belle here ooooo......

Why not convert the building into something useful?......

So because it was GEJ that built it, it should be demolished. You should remember that it was not GEJ's money that was used in building the place but our money.

Just because of bad belle una dey waste our tax money.

APC government should continue, your clock is ticking away, Nigerians are waiting for change.
Going by its meaning, there was nothing like SURE-P and you don't expect the state government in this current dispensation to continue on this so called rubbish.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by bright007(f): 8:34pm On Jun 27, 2015
ManTiger:

Going by its meaning, there was nothing like SURE-P and you don't expect the state government in this current dispensation to continue on this so called rubbish.

check my post and try to comprehend my opinion.

why destroy the building when it can be used for other government functions?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by Utchman1: 8:35pm On Jun 27, 2015
Money wasted. The building should have been used for something else.
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by ManTiger(m): 8:40pm On Jun 27, 2015
bright007:

check my post and try to comprehend my opinion.

why destroy the building when it can be used for other government functions?
That kangaroo structure was never cited in the right place but trust me cos the power of FG is unlimited that's why no agency dare stop them. If truly SURE-P is what it meant to stand for, such a shambo structure will not be erected in the middle of the highway with jobless graduate hanging around it like a motor park.
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by bamiwuye: 8:44pm On Jun 27, 2015
Even if APC criticize SURE-P the building does not worth demolished. They should remember that it was money that was used to build the building. Instead, the building should be used for another purpose and now both federal and state government are from the same party.
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by upsonn(m): 8:46pm On Jun 27, 2015
dirtymoney:
Why
Wire
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by bummyla(m): 8:51pm On Jun 27, 2015
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by juman(m): 9:01pm On Jun 27, 2015
natas22:
Surp was fraud of the highest order.

The building deserved to be bombed not even demolished.

www.

grin grin
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by maziarinze(m): 9:01pm On Jun 27, 2015
Am baffled at how we play politics in Nigeria... That is taxpayers' money been destroyed not GEJ's. The building should have been used for other purposes to the benefit of the average populace. Don't sell me the talk of it being in the right of way because it has been there when the government that initiated SURE-P held sway, unless they want to tell us they only discovered it this few months?

Whatever happened to continuity? And instead of Nigerians to start calling politician to order; they are applauding their insensitivity geared toward politics of bitterness.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by Acidosis(m): 9:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
Loool

Lagos state demolished tax payers money grin See wetin bad belle dey cause?
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by juman(m): 9:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
Country of bad "leaders".
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by Nobody: 9:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
This is explanation is not a reasonable one, if they are destroying it based on miscreants using the place as hide out, that means they will destroy over a million houses. That's not the only place miscreants use as hide out.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by Boonbuy: 9:27pm On Jun 27, 2015
But this sure p has paid some people na
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by olybob: 9:31pm On Jun 27, 2015
dirtymoney:
Instead of the government to renovate and convert the building into some sorta office or lease it out to interested persons or even utilize it for something that would yield profit ... They feel demolishing it is the best idea. By doing the former, they could have turned "waste to a source of wealth.." .
And they think we are coconut-water-filled-headed-citizens to even bring that rubbish statement of the government being an APC government at both state and federal level as an unintelligent way of telling us that they are not being biased about their decision......

pls do u knw wer d building is located. is nt a place that can b used for office. d building is located beside d road and it wil house thugs, it can also serve as hide out for robbers.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:52pm On Jun 27, 2015
meforyou1:
A state government demolish a federal government building? I'm in support of demolishing illegal buildings though to make way for meaningful development. All those clumsy houses in lagos mainland like yaba, surulere, oyingbo up to Maryland and ikeja should all be brought down and their owners compensated. And construct wide roads and more inner roads. All the houses by the expressway from Ozumba mbadiwe to Ajah should all be demolished and construct at least 8-lane expressway. Wish ambode should make me his commissioner for town planning, I will order for the demolition of at least 100,000 houses in lagos and construct wide roads and overhead bridges there.
The federal government should think of constructing 4th, 5th and 6th mainland bridges in lagos
Mr, the Land Use Act makes all lands within a state the property of the government of the state.
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by OrlandoOwoh(m): 10:04pm On Jun 27, 2015
Those of you crying, when Obasanjo stopped the taking of tolls on our highways, he didn't stop there. When it was discovered that miscreants were using the toll plazas, they were demolished. What is the difference between the toll plazas and the Sure-P office? The Sure-P office is close to the expressway and causes problem.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jun 27, 2015
Utchman1:
Money wasted. The building should have been used for something else.
do u live in Lagos? Your grandma house in ur village is better than that building, it is worse for nothing
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by mobaking: 11:55pm On Jun 27, 2015
ikolewen:
destroy it or not, Jonathan's legacy stands
Which legacy?.Like securing pipelines with OPC?,immigration job scam?.

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by Sweetcharacter(m): 2:59am On Jun 28, 2015
Wow!
Why should they do that now?
Sure-p sure past, no wonder they‘re not paying this month ooo
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by Uten9z(m): 4:39am On Jun 28, 2015
police station can be goof ere
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by Uten9z(m): 4:40am On Jun 28, 2015
police station can be good ere
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by Moheat(m): 5:21am On Jun 28, 2015
meforyou1:
A state government demolish a federal government building? I'm in support of demolishing illegal buildings though to make way for meaningful development. All those clumsy houses in lagos mainland like yaba, surulere, oyingbo up to Maryland and ikeja should all be brought down and their owners compensated. And construct wide roads and more inner roads. All the houses by the expressway from Ozumba mbadiwe to Ajah should all be demolished and construct at least 8-lane expressway. Wish ambode should make me his commissioner for town planning, I will order for the demolition of at least 100,000 houses in lagos and construct wide roads and overhead bridges there.
The federal government should think of constructing 4th, 5th and 6th mainland bridges in lagos

Gone are th e days when FG had money to throw around. You are asking a government that couldn't pay the salary ot its citizens to start building bridges. Guy sorry let every state answer its name oh
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by meforyou1(m): 5:54am On Jun 28, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:

Mr, the Land Use Act makes all lands within a state the property of the government of the state.
No. The state referred to in the act is the federal govt
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by jhydayboy(m): 6:35am On Jun 28, 2015
I guess dis op has been bribed by the aregbe and cohorts, as at yestday 27th, no worker in osun has received any alert or cash payment. Wia do u get ur news from. I doubt if u are not one of dem, go to abere and say dt den see hw u will receive the beating of ur life..... Stop propagating rumours
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by OrlandoOwoh(m): 6:47am On Jun 28, 2015
meforyou1:
No. The state referred to in the act is the federal govt
Go read the Land Use Act drafted during the regime of Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo in the 1970's which is still being used. How can a country be referred to a state in our own Land Use Act? It is only in international politics that countries are referred to as states.
Do you know why it is only states that issue Certificates of Occupancy?

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by ray48: 7:25am On Jun 28, 2015
natas22:
Surp was fraud of the highest order.

The building deserved to be bombed not even demolished.

www.
. Lol. It also deserves to be torpedoed.
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by natas22: 7:30am On Jun 28, 2015
ray48:

. Lol. It also deserves to be torpedoed.
Yea Russian submarine would be better US submarines slack alot.
www.
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by Memyselfu2009(m): 8:06am On Jun 28, 2015
rubbish
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by Adetutuspecial: 8:08am On Jun 28, 2015
Does it mean the urchins are stronger than the government that they cannot be chased out? Can't the building be used for another purpose? Is the building not properly positioned or did they just waste the resources out of envy and hate?

And for the haters....I know so many people that benefited from SURE P...it was a good thing that happened to Nigeria
Re: Lagos State Governemnt Demolishes SURE-P Head Quarters by lastpage: 8:33am On Jun 28, 2015
bright007:
i smell belle here ooooo...... This is just like give a dog a bad name and hang it

Why not convert the building into something useful?......

So because it was GEJ that built it, it should be demolished. You should remember that it was not GEJ's money that was used in building the place but our money.

Just because of bad belle una dey waste our tax money.

APC government should continue, your clock is ticking away, Nigerians are waiting for change.

Just like the Building, GEJ was a colossal fraud and waste of resources..... and was bombed-out of Aso Rock! tongue tongue tongue tongue

Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Lastpage!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ajayi Boroffice Steps Down For Tinubu (APC Presidential Primary) / EFCC To Arrest Ex INEC Chairman Over Oil Baron Bribe / Osinbajo To Swear-In Ocheni And Hassan's As Ministers Tomorrow

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.