Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,198 members, 7,957,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 01:03 PM

Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers (49837 Views)

Buhari’s Delay In Making Appointments Exposing Us To Ridicule-apc Chieftain / Buhari's Delay In Making Appointments Grounds Nigerian Govt-Premium Times / Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa Files Suit Against Buhari Over Delay In Appointing Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by Eshinery(m): 5:48am On Jun 28, 2015
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by Caseless: 5:54am On Jun 28, 2015
oluwatosin2015:
Nljega is a rigger
if u guys have any proof rigging, just let us know so we can take it further.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by jericco1(m): 5:59am On Jun 28, 2015
lol
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by azimibraun: 6:01am On Jun 28, 2015
"Softy softly catchee monkey" that's my take home.. hahahahahahah
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by midolian(m): 6:03am On Jun 28, 2015
joseph1832:
Political ventriloquist - Barcanista

Carpetbaggers - Temitemi1, SeverusSnape, OREMUSSANCTUS, Truckpusher

Economic Chichidodos - ECOTERRORS

Vaudeville of Pundits - The PDP e-warriors.

Thanks Hon. Obahiagbon for this very insightful addition to the classification of opposition.

Cc: Omenka Midolian Tolexander
lool..I see the class wey u put my man, Oremussanctus. The guy dey serve ban, hin for don reply u tey tey cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by Nobody: 6:07am On Jun 28, 2015
haba,i no even undastand am
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by Mbediogu(m): 6:10am On Jun 28, 2015
ZUBY77:
I love the part where he said "sofily sofily catchee monkey"

Fraudulently intelligent

Non communicating entertainner.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by Nobody: 6:17am On Jun 28, 2015
what is this former mad man saying
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by sen8or(m): 6:21am On Jun 28, 2015
Upnepaa:
He is definately refering to the TANOIDS,cool if only they can understand undecided in summary he said they should be patient,that PMB'S ministorial list will come soon and that you should calm down make una no get high blood pressure bcus blood is now vry scarce
if u can't help us understand, just leave us as u met us. No cause more confusion
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by excondido(m): 6:31am On Jun 28, 2015
EduRegard:
What shall it profit a man to start being unnecessarily unclear and confusing where simple and understandable English would have been more appreciated... To me, it makes no sense though.
much as Patrick sounded like speaking Greek, people won't notice him if he speak in plane English like others.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by UnknownT: 6:34am On Jun 28, 2015
MrLittleFinger1:

He didn't say it was Chinese proverb....! An apophthegm...aphorism...or a maxim, if you like!
ok, that's why the proverb is in inverted comma. Thank you
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by Pauloot(m): 6:36am On Jun 28, 2015
na dis vocab make ur Edo people send u back home...... u go sell recharge card for Benin if u no take time!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by Akpovena: 6:40am On Jun 28, 2015
This is a grammatical merrimerrism
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by Nicepoker(m): 6:47am On Jun 28, 2015
Upnepaa:
He is definately refering to the TANOIDS,cool if only they can understand undecided in summary he said they should be patient,that PMB'S ministorial list will come soon and that you should calm down make una no get high blood pressure bcus blood is now vry scarce
send a translated copy to the dullard

1 Like

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by MOREN406(f): 6:48am On Jun 28, 2015
what is d essence of English people can't understand. language must be understandable by people within it's community. Have u ever seen an American or British speak D's type of grammar, hardly, will they even b able to interpret D's.
D's is something else, wonder Ao his wife his coping at home. I fear o, D's is madness in different style. lols
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by mekonglobal(m): 6:50am On Jun 28, 2015
ademega:
This man will make his students go mad if he were to be a lecturer
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by tophee(m): 6:52am On Jun 28, 2015
Dezzx:
undecided someone should please lent me a dictionary, mine is probably outdated. grin can't find most of the words in this write up in mine.
Guy,u need more than a dico,believe me..u need a sound English teacher
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by ibrokola(m): 6:53am On Jun 28, 2015
ApcSucks:
Patrick my manchy

We all know buhari is a President Buhari

Let chill 4 him and enjoy his pics while others are working
Fool. Acting as though you understand what Patrick says when Infact you don't. It's simply means he supports Buhari's decision not to be rushed into appointing his cabinet! Olodo

1 Like

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by ibrokola(m): 6:55am On Jun 28, 2015
midolian:
lool..I see the class wey u put my man, Oremussanctus. The guy dey serve ban, hin for don reply u tey tey cheesy cheesy
Are you serious about the ban on Oremussanctus? Very good 1. That guy no just get sense!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by sunshine1974(m): 6:57am On Jun 28, 2015
This man is ridiculously lugubrious. He needs to stop all this nonsensical nonsense.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by midolian(m): 7:00am On Jun 28, 2015
ibrokola:

Are you serious about the ban on Oremuss.anctus? Very good 1. That guy no just get sense!
lol..He must be on a ban. Its bn days I saw him online last, which is very unusual of him.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by fsb(m): 7:01am On Jun 28, 2015

‘Ah, you know, the chichidodo is a bird. The chichidodo hates excrement with all its soul. But the chichidodo only feeds on maggots, and you know the maggots grow best inside the lavatory. This is the chichidodo.’
— Ayi Kwei Armah, The Beautyful Ones Are Not Yet Born (1968) (Oxford: Heinemann, 1969), 45.

So now you can understand why he refers to some politicians as economic chichidodos...

Softly, softly catch monkey

It's actually 'Slowly, slowly catchee monkey.' It comes from the days of British colonialism when many far eastern countries were under British rule. Soldiers posted there used to try to catch monkeys to keep as pets and despite all their efforts were not very successful. Many natives spoke 'Pidgin English' which was a simplified form of English. They showed the soldiers how to do it by demonstrating a simple but effective method. This was to place a basket containing fruit in a clearing in the jungle where the monkeys lived. The basket would have a narrow opening and be tied to the ground. Monkeys would come along and stick their arms inside the basket to get at the fruit. The opening was just wide enough to allow for this but as the fruit was grasped the fist was too big to get out of the basket. The monkeys were so greedy that even when soldiers approached they would not release the fruit and thus be easily caught. Naturally this took patience on the part of the captor who would have to wait quietly until the monkey was snared. Thus the slow approach proved to be more effective hence the phrase.

This is now used to describe that a slow and patient approach to a problem with careful thought is often better than rushing in.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by ipreach: 7:02am On Jun 28, 2015
this man is wikipedia
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by Ndeewonu: 7:05am On Jun 28, 2015
The man says nothing each time he speaks. Not even a white man would be foolish in communicating to no one with such a ridiculous level of usage of highfalutin languages. Communication is about meaning, and when the receiver cannot decode what is said, communication means nothing!
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by frankufos: 7:08am On Jun 28, 2015
Sofily sifily catchee money n monkey chichidodo n rice

1 Like

Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by Nobody: 7:10am On Jun 28, 2015
Patrick head no correct. upon all the grammar him still lose primary. Michew...
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by Gomeznsude(m): 7:13am On Jun 28, 2015
Lol
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by EmekaBlue(m): 7:13am On Jun 28, 2015
grin
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by MOREN406(f): 7:14am On Jun 28, 2015
I wonder Ao he woo ( toast) his wife before DAT one grew to marry am. And i wonder Ao he pray to God
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by 9jatatafo(m): 7:15am On Jun 28, 2015
There is a thin line between being sane and insane.
Re: Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To Buhari's Delay In Appointing Ministers by cupidhero(m): 7:18am On Jun 28, 2015
sofily sofily catchy monkey grin grin

What does that even mean?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Blast MC Oluomo For Sharing Garri To Tenants For Votes (Photos) / Delta APC Guber Candidate, Omo Agege Vs Peter Obi Roadside Campaign / Boko Haram Captures & Destroys Armed Personnel Carrier Newly Acquired By Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.