Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,554 members, 7,816,344 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable (53108 Views)

Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy / Senate: PDP May Field Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Replacement / Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by dunkem21(m): 8:29am On Jun 28, 2015
Lushcream:
You ain't wise enough and I felt highly embarrassed that a full grown man old enough to discuss Politics of Nigeria is not wise enough.

Was Saraki the one that inaugurate the National Assembly ?

Was Saraki the Clerk of National Assembly ?

Was Saraki the one that called for the ICC meeting ?

Was Saraki the one formed quorum in the National Assembly ?

Was Saraki the one that asked 51other APC members to boycott the inauguration of the NASS ?

Was Saraki that nominated Ekweremadu ?

Was Saraki that elected Ekweremadu ?

If Saraki was also to attend ICC, would PDP not have formed quorum. ?

If PDP should form quorum (38 members needed from 49), would PDP not have taken over the whole NASS ?

If Saraki didn't win Senate President as APC , would PDP not have nominated David Mark and Won while Ekweremadu would become DSP thus Senate would go PDP since Majority of APC senators are off to a meeting in ICC ?

APC leadership bleeped up big time and it was Tinubu caucus of APC that bleeped up

The same thing in House of Reps ..... what makes the APC returnees from ICC to converge in House reps was because the Clerk of the NASS concluded with Senate before Reps .... the rushed back immediately Saraki was elected unopposed but not in time to vote against Ekweremadu.

Saraki is absolved in all these me.ss ... Tinubu caucus should be blamed because they forced Buhari to call for a meeting when he already told all he is not going to interfere in the election of an independent Institution.

I just paused to hail you. You even get time to answer people who is living in the past.

Thanks for your post.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by IbokUtoroh(m): 8:31am On Jun 28, 2015
socialmediaman:
For me, it's completely unacceptable, not because I have any issue with Ekweremmadu, but because PDP poses a stumbling block to Buhari's success as president, just as a way of massaging their ego. To the best of my knowledge PDP meant no good for Nigerians and still means no good for Nigerians, and for whatever purpose it serves, they will try to make sure this government fails especially by frustrating passage of bills that will accelerate development and pursuance of Justice and development.

PDP to the best of my knowledge never faced so much parliamentary opposition as GEJ got all the help he needed, having PDP occupying that position is a big distraction to this government and therefore completely unacceptable.

the door of awa lagoon is always open, i fired those bouncers lastweek. so incase u n others r not comfortable wif ekweremmadu as d dsp, kindly visit the last resort, laGOON.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Chigorkizz(m): 8:36am On Jun 28, 2015
The dullard always trying to prove he has something to offer!

President Buhari dribbling his slaves back to 80s.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by ncolumella(m): 8:36am On Jun 28, 2015
Nigeria and mismanagement

Would you be interested to invest/ startup a business which has the potentials to become a leading home delivery brand
with a guaranteed return on investment within one year of operation?
if yes, then click on the link below for more information

www.nairaland.com/2392421/lpg-home-delivery-service-business#34953410
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Nobody: 8:36am On Jun 28, 2015
Sen Ike Ekweremadu is there to stay. It is a shame that APC got served in their own pills. Anyway, you guys to solve your problems abeg
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by ncolumella(m): 8:37am On Jun 28, 2015
ncolumella:
Nigeria and mismanagement

Would you be interested to invest/ startup a business which has the potentials to become a leading home delivery brand
with a guaranteed return on investment within one year of operation?
if yes, then click on the link below for more information

www.nairaland.com/2392421/lpg-home-delivery-service-business#34953410

I pray for Nigerians to wake up
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by sapientia(m): 8:37am On Jun 28, 2015
What does the constitution say about the scenario?
If the election of a PDP member as a deputy goes against the constitution, he should stop down.
If not, let NASS get to work as Nigerians will be watching.
.. Besides.. when Deputy begin get power for naija sef? undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by millhouse: 8:37am On Jun 28, 2015
APC is still a learner . always calling on former PDP men to run their shows . where is the change
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by ruggedtimi(m): 8:41am On Jun 28, 2015
"He said PDP did not give the opposition such an opportunity in its 16 years in power"...70% of APC members are former PDP members, saraki,amaechi, roachas, timipre sylva, audu, atiku...dem plenty. So it is still PDP indirectly.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by eph12(m): 8:43am On Jun 28, 2015
socialmediaman:
For me, it's completely unacceptable, not because I have any issue with Ekweremmadu, but because PDP poses a stumbling block to Buhari's success as president, just as a way of massaging their ego. To the best of my knowledge PDP meant no good for Nigerians and still means no good for Nigerians, and for whatever purpose it serves, they will try to make sure this government fails especially by frustrating passage of bills that will accelerate development and pursuance of Justice and development.

PDP to the best of my knowledge never faced so much parliamentary opposition as GEJ got all the help he needed, having PDP occupying that position is a big distraction to this government and therefore completely unacceptable.
What position is PDP occupying? Has Saraki decamped? Still don't understand how the DSP position supercedes that of the SP. The APC should let go of propaganda already.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by oloriooko(m): 8:44am On Jun 28, 2015
[size=16pt]So who is PMB blaming for the blunders our party law makers committed that brought PDP into play?
Rather he should blame and scold the senseless lawmakers who were in the wrong place at the wrong time.[/size]
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by abraka00(f): 8:45am On Jun 28, 2015
/quote]I thought d Daura President said he will not interfer in selection of senate and house leaders. He should have maintained his long silence. They just have to face reality that Ekweremadu is the deputy senate president.

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by chigoizie7(m): 8:46am On Jun 28, 2015
Lushcream:
You ain't wise enough and I felt highly embarrassed that a full grown man old enough to discuss Politics of Nigeria is not wise enough.

Was Saraki the one that inaugurate the National Assembly ?

Was Saraki the Clerk of National Assembly ?

Was Saraki the one that called for the ICC meeting ?

Was Saraki the one formed quorum in the National Assembly ?

Was Saraki the one that asked 51other APC members to boycott the inauguration of the NASS ?

Was Saraki that nominated Ekweremadu ?

Was Saraki that elected Ekweremadu ?

If Saraki was also to attend ICC, would PDP not have formed quorum. ?

If PDP should form quorum (38 members needed from 49), would PDP not have taken over the whole NASS ?

If Saraki didn't win Senate President as APC , would PDP not have nominated David Mark and Won while Ekweremadu would become DSP thus Senate would go PDP since Majority of APC senators are off to a meeting in ICC ?

APC leadership bleeped up big time and it was Tinubu caucus of APC that bleeped up

The same thing in House of Reps ..... what makes the APC returnees from ICC to converge in House reps was because the Clerk of the NASS concluded with Senate before Reps .... the rushed back immediately Saraki was elected unopposed but not in time to vote against Ekweremadu.

Saraki is absolved in all these me.ss ... Tinubu caucus should be blamed because they forced Buhari to call for a meeting when he already told all he is not going to interfere in the election of an independent Institution.

Oga, I comot cap for u, no mind all these people wey go just open mouth to talk anyhow.

What if PDP had taken over the post of SP and DSP ,wouldn't he still work with them?
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Success1sMine: 8:46am On Jun 28, 2015
socialmediaman:

. as apc lawmakers esp the HoR did fo Jona abi.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Bgino(m): 8:47am On Jun 28, 2015
Chigorkizz:
The dullard always trying to prove he has something to offer!

President Buhari dribbling his slaves back to 80s.
President Buhari......hahahahahhaahahah

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Nobody: 8:50am On Jun 28, 2015
omonnakoda:
How do you know what Buhari prefer and how do you know they are "godfatherless" . Tinubu is irrelevant. And particularly you seem ignorant to the role of the legislator. In the last 16 years can you remember the number of times the President did not get his way with the legislature? Redirect your hatred for Tinubu elsewhere because the man is irrelevant and might even die soon. The people who would really make an impact on the lives of people IF they work properly are the Minister not senate Presidents. Try and tell us ONE THING Nigerians will remember David Mark for. The office is just ceremonial
This is the reason why you people are blinded by Tinubu Political shenanigans thinking he is untouchable , a don or czar without recourse to history that Tinubu has never had his way when he played with people's Intelligence and that was what transpired in Ondo (Aketi vs Mimiko) and Ekiti (Fayemi incumbent vs Fayose (man of his people).

Tinubu's Political success has always been hinged on PDP failure, if PDP turned the tide today , Tinubu is the average Nigerian Politician far far below the likes of Saraki and Atiku who are capable of turning sand to Garri vice versa whether Majority support them or not.

David Mark is the most powerful Senate President in the history of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, He worked hand in hand with Mr President and support the President to maintain his popularity both inside and outside the chamber infact if not for David Mark's power and influences, GEJ would have been impeached via the imbroglio of Northern caucuses over Boko Haram attacks ......

After the President who has overall power, the Senate President can challenge the excesses of the President through resolution of the Majority of the members of NASS and commence impeachment proceeding against the president infact he can overrule the directive of the president via the Mantra of check and balances ..... infact he can summoned the president to appear before the house to explain why is why and what is what or any member of the president cabinet.

The reason why PDP never achieved more success in Nigeria is because the Senate President David Mark who is suppose to coordinate the vigilantes the people elected to check the excesses of the president wine and dine with the same people he is suppose to check.

Under the Mantra of change in which Buhari campaigned, Saraki wouldn't wine and dine with Buhari like David Mark did Jonathan/Yar'Adua and Both of them will achieve great change and perform the duties of their offices as constitutionally required of them.

The Legislature is very powerful but only an uneducated street Politician like you and an employed media propagandist wouldn't know how much is the Power of parliament which the Senate President is only entitled to wield

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by sammy455(m): 8:53am On Jun 28, 2015
ayokellany:
Saraki is sitting on a time bomb, nobody put fire on his roof and go in to sleep. I personally have nothing against him but for the fact that he choose personal ambition over the good of Nigeria is ridiculous. How could he had allowed a PDP man occupied such a position n his chief of staff ?
is pdp man, not a Nigerian??....why r we disturbing ourselves for nothing....wat we need is who will serve us better....not were dey belong or d region they come frome....if I have my way....i would prefer an out sider to even b a council chairman and develop d place, than my broda who wil steal and not develop d place....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Bgino(m): 8:55am On Jun 28, 2015
nerodenero:
House divided against itself will not stand.

I think in all, I will blame PMB and this statement, 'I belong to everybody and nobody' will be put to test soon. I blame him because he called for a meeting at the ICC and yet he didn't attend the meeting. Who does that? The meeting he called for led to Saraki being elected Senate President and Ekweremadu snickking in through the back door. Besides, how will PMB feign ignorance of the fact that some of his members are too over-ambitious?

PMB feels he is the National Leader of APC and yet doesn't want to interfere in the NASS problem. If truly he is the leader and he shares the same position with the APC leaders on the names recommended by the party, then it's just right and proper for PMB to compel Judas Saraki and Dogara to show honour which they lack towards obeying the position of the party.

Since 1999, OBJ held PDP together, Umar Yar'adua did same and it was under Jonathan that PDP crumbled like a pack of card due to poor handling of challenges, PMB should not allow same to happen under his administration. Any loss by APC is PDP's gain.

Though PMB is a leader and not a polithiefcian, but it is the combination of the two that is needed to survive the political landscape. PMB, the time to act is now.
how can u be so sure it was President Buhari that called for that meeting...why would he summon a peace meeting without attending...does this really make any sense to u
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by toprealman: 8:57am On Jun 28, 2015
ABIOLAXYZ:
I BELONG TO NOBODY AND I BELONG TO EVERYBODY
REMIND HIM PLEASE.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by pure2012soul(m): 8:59am On Jun 28, 2015
Spybradd:

grin
na only ekweremadu Psy baba daura_dulladinho see?
Yes o. Na only am Waka comev grin
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by chigoizie7(m): 9:00am On Jun 28, 2015
socialmediaman:

Oga, if PDP wants to be a stumbling block for the house, they will still be, DSP or not.

For crying out loud, accept that fact that he is d DSP, find modalities and common ground to work with him.

Since when has the office of DSP surpass that of SP?

Even without Ekweremmadu as d DSP, PDP will still frustrate the APC led govt if they want, they are almost half of the house,using Nigeria politics as a game of number, if PDP comes together to decide to frustrate APC, they will so do it.

What PMB should be concerned with is to accept Ekweremmadu, and den find a common ground to always compromise, they should even be happy that Ekweremmadu is there to mediate between PDP members and other APC members.

2ndly, wat if PDP had won majority of the senate house, are u trying to tell me that PMB with not find a way to work with PDP both as SP and DSP?

He has kept his calm all these while. why lamenting now?

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by mannyiyke: 9:02am On Jun 28, 2015
LouisVanGaal:
Stop all this lies and propaganda against Tinubu...Haba!!! Conspiracies flying here and there...just keep it to yourself; its not good for the unity of these country...lets deal with the known...Saraki messed up twice! Why do you think nobody is complaining much about Dogara? Cos he won fair and square, with all the honourables partaking in the election...just as tambuwals own!!! Had saraki waited, he would still have won, so whats his impatience about? Just shows how treacherous he is....last tuesday, he had a lifeline to amend his ways with the party, yet he defied the party again...by going contrary to conventional ways of choosing presiding officers in the Senate...
There is one question i wld like to ask u. Does d APC own d NASS dat oda senators and members from oda parties shld wait for them to finish having a meeting with Buhari be4 doing their lawful biz? Y must they meet d president on d same day d election was scheduled to be held? It's unconstitutional for d APC senators and members to have gone to meet Buhari on d same day of d election. We shldn't support evil, pls. Even d president's letter formally charging them to constitute d NASS was read and subsequently a quorum was formed based on d number of senators present.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:03am On Jun 28, 2015
omenka:
Oga face your front. Is Ekweremadu a "decampee"??

Simple thing to comprehend go be una like calculus.

But it was ok for Tambuwal to decamp and yet retain the speakership position abi?

Una never see anything yet.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by ezenonso: 9:03am On Jun 28, 2015
Is this actually buhari speaking or once opinion.
Let's be guided accordingly

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by omonnakoda: 9:04am On Jun 28, 2015
Lushcream:
This is the reason why you people are blinded by Tinubu Political shenanigans thinking he is untouchable , a don or czar without recourse to history that Tinubu has never had his way when he played with people's Intelligence and that was what transpired in Ondo (Aketi vs Mimiko) and Ekiti (Fayemi incumbent vs Fayose (man of his people).

Tinubu's Political success has always been hinged on PDP failure, if PDP turned the tide today , Tinubu is the average Nigerian Politician far far below the likes of Saraki and Atiku who are capable of turning sand to Garri vice versa whether Majority support them or not.

David Mark is the most powerful Senate President in the history of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, He worked hand in hand with Mr President and support the President to maintain his popularity both inside and outside the chamber infact if not for David Mark's power and influences, GEJ would have been impeached via the imbroglio of Northern caucuses over Boko Haram attacks ......

After the President who has overall power, the Senate President can challenge the excesses of the President through resolution of the Majority of the members of NASS and commence impeachment proceeding against the president infact he can overrule the directive of the president via the Mantra of check and balances ..... infact he can summoned the president to appear before the house to explain why is why and what is what or any member of the president cabinet.

The reason why PDP never achieved more success in Nigeria is because the Senate President David Mark who is suppose to coordinate the vigilantes the people elected to check the excesses of the president wine and dine with the same people he is suppose to check.

Under the Mantra of change in which Buhari campaigned, Saraki wouldn't wine and dine with Buhari like David Mark did Jonathan/Yar'Adua and Both of them will achieve great change and perform the duties of their offices as constitutionally required of them.

The Legislature is very powerful but only an uneducated street Politician like you and an employed media propagandist wouldn't know how much is the Power of parliament which the Senate President is only entitled to wield
Please do not make a habit of talking to people rudely not everyone is so patient. I hope your mother's epilepsy is under control and she has not fallen off an okada ,again! what about you father is he still barking like a rabid dog,surely that is where you picked up the habit from .Go and sort them out
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by ChikezieU(m): 9:04am On Jun 28, 2015
omenka:
Imagine someone like Metuh saying it is only right that PDP is given one of the top position in NASS that winners shouldn't take it all. How many times in the 16 years PDP held sway was the opposition given anything close to even the deputy speakership??

Ekweremadu's position is untenable and all within the legal framework of NASS should be done to get his out of there. Saraki goofed big time on this one- just goes to show how desperate he is for power.
it's part of change at least a positive one
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:04am On Jun 28, 2015
ionsman:

How does ekwerremadu becoming the deputy senate president correlate with tambuwal's defection to Apc?

But you were ok with Tambuwal retaining his speakership position after decamping?
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Freelancer00(m): 9:05am On Jun 28, 2015
Lushcream:
What happened on the floor of the house is what exactly Buhari wants. Buhari prefer to work with Saraki and Dogara who are Godfatherless than Lawan/Akume/Gbajabiamala who has Tinubu's hand written all over them.

Buhari can now approach Saraki/Dogara directly without having to pass2ru Tinubu (a Godfather).

I see Buhari covertly whittling down Tinubu's power in the legislature just to have a smooth administration using Atiku/Saraki to do the dirt while he stand neutral (he wasn't neutral) ....... .... Atiku knows Tinubu very well and Saraki has always defeat Tinubu since his political career.

Buhari will pacify Tinubu through the cabinet nonetheless Buhari has absolute control over the cabinet thus if any of Tinubu boys in the cabinet messed up, with one command Buhari will strip such person from office.

This is all to keep Tinubu under proper control because he is the most ambitious Politician in Nigeria...... Nationoal Politics is a different ball game from regional Politics.
If u really think Tinubu is that ambitious, you think he won't have at ones time chase the presidency on his own. When you're looking at ambitious people, u call the likes of Atiku, Saraki etc.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by illiad: 9:06am On Jun 28, 2015
Funny dude
That buhari
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Freelancer00(m): 9:07am On Jun 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

But it was acceptable to you for Tambuwal yo defect to the APC.

#Hypocrite
He became speaker on PDP platform and defected weeks before election.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by ChikezieU(m): 9:08am On Jun 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

But it was ok for Tambuwal to decamp and yet retain the speakership position abi?

Una never see anything yet.
you are not trying to say that Ekweremadu will switch over to APC are you??
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Nellybii: 9:09am On Jun 28, 2015
Slynonny:
Daura President SHUT UP and stop talking thrash.
Whats wrong with your brain?
As if there's something you can do to unseat him.
Accept that which you cannot CHANGE.

You haven't contributed anything meaningful. Just ranting and cursing ad usual. Are you not ashamed of your wasteful useless life at this your age?? SMH

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

South-East For Buhari Rally: Happening In Owerri Now - Photos / Jonathan Pulls massive Crowd At Kano Presidential Rally (Photos) / Yakubu Dogara Dumps PDP, Joins APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.