Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,614 members, 7,816,521 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable (53110 Views)

Forgery: FG Dumps Fresh Police Probe Indicting Saraki, Deputy / Senate: PDP May Field Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Replacement / Insurgency Worsens Under Buhari – Ekweremadu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by basilo101: 9:10am On Jun 28, 2015
ionsman:

How does ekwerremadu becoming the deputy senate president correlate with tambuwal's defection to Apc?
cos tambuwal didnt resign wen he defected. He continued being d speaker while in opposition part, nothing difrnt frm ekweremadu's case
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:13am On Jun 28, 2015
ChikezieU:
you are not trying to say that Ekweremadu will switch over to APC are you??

No way!!

The hypocrites were comfortable that Tambuwal did what was unconstitutional but are now deriding Ekweremmadu for doing that which is constitutionally allowed.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 28, 2015
Freelancer00:
If u really think Tinubu is that ambitious, you think he won't have at ones time chase the presidency on his own. When you're looking at ambitious people, u call the likes of Atiku, Saraki etc.
Tinubu doesn't have National appeal if he contest he know he will lose yakata that was why he decided to use Ribadu under ACN and later to field Atiku and approached Buhari for merger only to bleep it up by singlehandedly selecting and appointing principal officers while Buhari keep watching him because he need him to swing SW votes to counter votes coming from SE/SS.

Now that it is time for governance and little politicking , Buhari has it all and would endeavour to keep Tinubu where he can see him and that is Cabinet wink

Tinubu wanted to do it PDP way but Buhari wanted to do it APC way which is CHANGE.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Sunnybobo3(m): 9:15am On Jun 28, 2015
Freelancer00:
He became speaker on PDP platform and defected weeks before election.

It doesn't matter when he defected. The moral campaigners on this thread should have asked him to step down then even if he decamped few hours to handover.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 28, 2015
socialmediaman:
For me, it's completely unacceptable, not because I have any issue with Ekweremmadu, but because PDP poses a stumbling block to Buhari's success as president, just as a way of massaging their ego. To the best of my knowledge PDP meant no good for Nigerians and still means no good for Nigerians, and for whatever purpose it serves, they will try to make sure this government fails especially by frustrating passage of bills that will accelerate development and pursuance of Justice and development.

PDP to the best of my knowledge never faced so much parliamentary opposition as GEJ got all the help he needed, having PDP occupying that position is a big distraction to this government and therefore completely unacceptable.

That is change for you

All na change

Dullardino shld stop crying
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by ogazi007(m): 9:19am On Jun 28, 2015
PMB should step aside and allow the real politicians in APC to get down and fight dirty.They only need to trow money at few PDP senators and they will join forces with Lawal group and impeach him.Not like the PDP senators really like Saraki anyway,they Supported him just to spite APC,they all know Saraki can not be trusted.
In any case,who really need 2/3 to impeach in Nigeria.if Fayose did it with 9 lawmakers,Bipi did it with 5 of his friends in Rivers except for the ruggedness of Ameachi he would have been impeached.Court will take their time to look into the issue and before you say Jack 2019 is already here.
PMB should take impeachment lessons from OBJ!
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Validated: 9:21am On Jun 28, 2015
Buhari is just ranting and it was honourable of him to have been silent since. Now that Baba has dragged himself into the matter, he should use his executive power to muster 2/3rd Senators to impeach Ekweremmadu if he can.

Baba, abeg go face your work jare! Dollar is already N227, you are talking of irrelevant matters. If you do not like Ekweremmadu, please BOYCOT the Senate or mobilise for his impeachment if your party will not scatter. A president that cannot control his party men want to fight corruption and fulfil 91 promises in 4 years. I pity gullible Nigerians APC supporters.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by chax100(f): 9:23am On Jun 28, 2015
Realdeals:
I see tough times ahead for Saraki and his supporters.

Saraki is a moving train. Nobody can stop him.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 28, 2015
socialmediaman:
For me, it's completely unacceptable, not because I have any issue with Ekweremmadu, but because PDP poses a stumbling block to Buhari's success as president, just as a way of massaging their ego. To the best of my knowledge PDP meant no good for Nigerians and still means no good for Nigerians, and for whatever purpose it serves, they will try to make sure this government fails especially by frustrating passage of bills that will accelerate development and pursuance of Justice and development.

PDP to the best of my knowledge never faced so much parliamentary opposition as GEJ got all the help he needed, having PDP occupying that position is a big distraction to this government and therefore completely unacceptable.
Go remove him na
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 28, 2015
Slynonny:
Daura President SHUT UP and stop talking thrash.
Whats wrong with your brain?
As if there's something you can do to unseat him.
Accept that which you cannot CHANGE.
Don't mind the President Buhari! Were they not the ones clamouring for change? Change is here!
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Validated: 9:27am On Jun 28, 2015
chax100:

Saraki is a moving train. Nobody can stop him.

[size=18pt]In fact a charging CHARIOT that knows no general[/size] grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by shammah1(m): 9:29am On Jun 28, 2015
What was the opposition's ratio in National Assembly compared to PDP in the last 16 years? undecided
omenka:
Imagine someone like Metuh saying it is only right that PDP is given one of the top position in NASS that winners shouldn't take it all. How many times in the 16 years PDP held sway was the opposition given anything close to even the deputy speakership??

Ekweremadu's position is untenable and all within the legal framework of NASS should be done to get his out of there. Saraki goofed big time on this one- just goes to show how desperate he is for power.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 28, 2015
ionsman:

How does ekwerremadu becoming the deputy senate president correlate with tambuwal's defection to Apc?
when he went to APC he presided over majority PDP members. This Daura President is infecting all his supporters!
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by tiredface: 9:31am On Jun 28, 2015
WE UNDERSTAND YOU'RE A SEMI-ILLITERATE, PRACTICE SPELLING DEMOCRACY OGA TOURIST, DEAL WITH IT SIR
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by omenka(m): 9:34am On Jun 28, 2015
shammah1:
What was the opposition's ratio in National Assembly compared to PDP in the last 16 years? undecided
Even if there was only one person, does that negate the fact that "winners took it all"
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by skak(m): 9:37am On Jun 28, 2015
aoshi:
In all this squabbles, i can only see one position for the south-south zone. A mere deputy chief whip. Borrowing from Game of Thrones, ...... 2019 is coming.

Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Arsenalboi: 9:38am On Jun 28, 2015
A tag team Elimination chamber match coming up on tuesday venue is upper chambers between the Unity forum led by its captain B.A.I.Gemade,and the Like minds led by B.Saraki. The incompetency of A.P.C. is now springing up,Nigerians are watching.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 28, 2015
Which year was APC formed ?

You want toothless opposition to get a post on the National level when the opposition was never a match for PDP until APC came on board.

So stop complaining. PDP is still stronger than every former opposition, that's why they can still move mountains.

omenka:
Imagine someone like Metuh saying it is only right that PDP is given one of the top position in NASS that winners shouldn't take it all. How many times in the 16 years PDP held sway was the opposition given anything close to even the deputy speakership??

Ekweremadu's position is untenable and all within the legal framework of NASS should be done to get his out of there. Saraki goofed big time on this one- just goes to show how desperate he is for power.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Arsenalboi: 9:48am On Jun 28, 2015
In all this brouhaha,i cant even see any National Assembly member from the south-east region in the list,i pray and decree that no witch or wizard will ever pull Ekweremmadu out of his current position, in Jesus name.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by ChikezieU(m): 9:49am On Jun 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

No way!!

The hypocrites were comfortable that Tambuwal did what was unconstitutional but are now deriding Ekweremmadu for doing that which is constitutionally allowed.
, that's what I wanted to know cause if they are expecting him to decamp, they are big time dreamers
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 28, 2015
ogazi007:
PMB should step aside and allow the real politicians in APC to get down and fight dirty.They only need to trow money at few PDP senators and they will join forces with Lawal group and impeach him.Not like the PDP senators really like Saraki anyway,they Supported him just to spite APC,they all know Saraki can not be trusted.
In any case,who really need 2/3 to impeach in Nigeria.if Fayose did it with 9 lawmakers,Bipi did it with 5 of his friends in Rivers except for the ruggedness of Ameachi he would have been impeached.Court will take their time to look into the issue and before you say Jack 2019 is already here.
PMB should take impeachment lessons from OBJ!

Try 9 is greater than19 on national level and watch this country burn.Most states are same ethnic groups where that may work. If it comes to money you forgot PDP controls all the oil producing states. Besides you have billionaires like Andy Uba or is it Godswill Akpabio .

APC has lost this very battle. Live with it

1 Like

Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by rigarmortis: 10:00am On Jun 28, 2015
socialmediaman:

Nigerians with their ever short memory, until few months ago, many APC bigwigs, including saraki was in the PDP, now we talk about PDP and APC as if they were as divergent in political veiw as republicans and democrats, and not the recycled same ppl as we have currently.

PDP politicians ''messed up the country'' then changed to APC and they have suddleny become new, PDP ruled for 16yrs, as if kwankwaso, tambuwal, amaechi etc were not until recently, part of the same PDP that ''messed up'' and ruled for ''16 years''

Nigerians have short memory and thats why they are easily fooled.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by goodgate: 10:11am On Jun 28, 2015
What happened on the floor of the house is what exactly Buhari wants. Buhari prefer to work with Saraki and Dogara who are Godfatherless than Lawan/Akume/Gbajabiamala who has Tinubu's hand written all over them.

Buhari can now approach Saraki/Dogara directly without having to pass2ru Tinubu (a Godfather).

I see Buhari covertly whittling down Tinubu's power in the legislature just to have a smooth administration using Atiku/Saraki to do the dirt while he stand neutral (he wasn't neutral) ....... .... Atiku knows Tinubu very well and Saraki has always defeat Tinubu since his political career.

Buhari will pacify Tinubu through the cabinet nonetheless Buhari has absolute control over the cabinet thus if any of Tinubu boys in the cabinet messed up, with one command Buhari will strip such person from office.

This is all to keep Tinubu under proper control because he is the most ambitious Politician in Nigeria...... National Politics is a different ball game from regional Politics.
Please read before commenting.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by ogazi007(m): 10:20am On Jun 28, 2015
chukwudi44:

Try 9 is greater than19 on national level and watch this country burn.Most states are same ethnic groups where that may work. If it comes to money you forgot PDP controls all the oil producing states. Besides you have billionaires like Andy Uba or is it Godswill Akpabio .

APC has lost this very battle. Live with it

Nothing will happen Sir.Apc are in majority,few people will only make noise online and it will die down when the case is being move to Court for interpretation.

Don't under- estimate the power and influence of Nigeria President.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by notoriousbabe: 10:21am On Jun 28, 2015
socialmediaman:

very good talk. 1 carton of Gulder for you
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by notoriousbabe: 10:22am On Jun 28, 2015
ogazi007:
Don't under- estimate the power and influence of Nigeria President.

pls tell them
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by collinsVP: 10:23am On Jun 28, 2015
With due respect to PMB, i would want to remind him that anything that would not impact the lives of ordinary Nigerians should not be given attention. All these callous men seeking personal aggradizement have a plan to hijack you to dance to their tone. Ask GEJ to tell you at what point he got it wrong, he will tell you,it was at the point of his attempt to please Party members and gain loyalty.

The day you where sworn into office marks the end of politicking and the beginning of governance. The former has a discriminatory feature while the later has an inclusive feature. Always refer to the objectives you have set to achieve to know the relevant issues to attend to. And ignore the seemingly an unending effort to thwart every effort by Nigerians to effect positive change in this country by politicians who use noise apparatus- one of which is what is happening in NASS. They derive joy in impoverishing the downtrodden.

Lastly, DO NOT DISAPPOINT RV. FR. EJIKE MBAKA given what he went through for your sake. I wish you well. 4rm collino O42.

All errors are mine lol.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Nellybii: 10:23am On Jun 28, 2015
Spybradd:

grin
na only ekweremadu Psy baba daura_dulladinho see?

You semi illiterate calling a president dullard. You an anonymous, a nobody. You can't even communicate in simple English. Only pidgin. Shame on you and your hopeless generation of haters and enemies of progress. "Spits"
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by shilexworldsexy(m): 10:27am On Jun 28, 2015
ionsman:

U can't blame him, some pple just comment on NL for commenting sake without thinking before writing or can't he read?
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by nkem123(m): 10:29am On Jun 28, 2015
What happened on the floor of the house is what exactly Buhari wants. Buhari prefer to work with Saraki and Dogara who are Godfatherless than Lawan/Akume/Gbajabiamala who has Tinubu's hand written all over them.

Buhari can now approach Saraki/Dogara directly without having to pass2ru Tinubu (a Godfather).

I see Buhari covertly whittling down Tinubu's power in the legislature just to have a smooth administration using Atiku/Saraki to do the dirt while he stand neutral (he wasn't neutral) ....... .... Atiku knows Tinubu very well and Saraki has always defeat Tinubu since his political career.

Buhari will pacify Tinubu through the cabinet nonetheless Buhari has absolute control over the cabinet thus if any of Tinubu boys in the cabinet messed up, with one command Buhari will strip such person from office.

This is all to keep Tinubu under proper control because he is the most ambitious Politician in Nigeria...... National Politics is a different ball game from regional Politics.
Rubbish write-up! Remove Tinubu from Buhari's political journey, Buhari is nothing.u think Buhari will undermine Tinubu when he knows fully well that there are dangerous, corrupt, and over zealous political gladiators from northern extract who will do anything to undermine his anti corruption crusade which they are already displaying.u think Buhari doesn't know d difference btw his frnds(Tinubu) from his enemies (Atiku and co.).
This cabals knows d strength of Buhari is Tinubu, cut Tinubu into sizes and Buhari is a walk-over and that's what they are trying to achieve by muscling Tinubu out of d scheme of things.ofcourse, watch and see hw Tinubu and Buhari will cage them.Atiku and Saraki and co are two small for Tinubu, even Obj couldn't muscle Tinubu with all his federal might.
just relax and see what will unfold against this cabals and moles within d shortest possible time.initial gra gra no be strength.
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by Isiri: 10:39am On Jun 28, 2015
Slynonny:
Daura President SHUT UP and stop talking thrash.
Whats wrong with your brain?
As if there's something you can do to unseat him.
Accept that which you cannot CHANGE.

God punish u and ur he goat father
Re: Buhari: Ekweremadu As Saraki’s Deputy Unacceptable by solonazzy: 10:45am On Jun 28, 2015
Sunnybobo3:

And Tambuwal of APC was speaker of Gambian parliament?
Dnt b so dull... He was a pdp carrying member den

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yakubu Dogara Dumps PDP, Joins APC / Caption This Photo Of Okorocha And President Buhari In Aso Rock / Man Rides Bicycle From Kaduna To Lagos To Thank Yorubas For Voting Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.