Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,158 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:59 PM

Is God Calling Me Back? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Calling Me Back? (5995 Views)

Hussaini Mabera Takes TB Joshua To Court For Calling Jesus God / Is God Calling Me To Be A Missionary? / There Is God And He Answers Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Calling Me Back? by freecocoa(f): 11:56pm On Jun 28, 2015
So BABE3, I kinda took your advice and went to church today, not. Like I planned to anyway, I was supposed to go somewhere today to hang out, but I had some time to kill, so I decided to honor the invite of a friend who said Frank Edwards, Akpororo, midnight crew and some other artists would be there, I actually agreed to go because of akpororo.

So there I was in House on the rock church, G.R.A port-harcourt,(stopped going for years now) the concert started and was really a beautiful one. The highlight of the event for me was Akpororo, that guy is critically sick with talent, he's incredibly talented, I didn't know dude can really sing, dance and more. Then there was Frank Edwards, I just got to know that the guy is really smallish in nature(not that there's anything wrong in that cheesy) people just didn't know and were surprisedsmiley, plus he was high(yes I am sure, don't ask how I know grin) but boy! Can he sing?

There was also another guy kore or so formally with the infinity band(olori oko), that dude sings like an Angel, his passion could literally be seen/felt by all, he just has the perfect dose of it, people were crying while he sang. It was a good one in all.

Then the person who invited me wouldn't let me hear word afterwards, kept saying it is the lord calling me back, how this is a sign, how I shouldn't ask questions and no matter how I think God's been falling me I should just believe, etc etc.

So my people could it really be God calling me back?cry

3 Likes

Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by Sleekyshuga(f): 2:02am On Jun 29, 2015
So, you are PH based Freecocoa shocked shocked? I was thinking Lagos or somewhere else..

House On The Rock, a church for loads of Uniport girls cheesy cheesy..

I remember when I was in Year 3, when I joined my room mate, and crew to the church.. Omo!! I felt outta place grin grin..

Having this 'deeper life' background, I was just lost grin grin, though @ a point, I started swaying to the praise and worship smiley. It was beautiful, and the singer was yummy..

@ your topic, I'm glad you enjoyed the service, though you laid emphasis on just the 'event aspect'.. What about the word? Did you flow with it? Did it leave any impact in you?

'In His presence, there is fullness of joy.' Keep attending.. You will be touched someday smiley smiley smiley..

6 Likes

Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by Sunnystooth(m): 2:02am On Jun 29, 2015
Lolz, just one day that you went to church after a long time, you are already doubting whether you can continue with Agnosticism. What about me that still do go to church most times?

Anyway, you've tried sha, for a lady like you to have put up this long with such in this very religious part of the world.

The next thread we'll see from you might be the one you've join the choir and you now sing to the Glory of God (which is not a bad thing by the way). Life can be that confusing for some people sometimes.
Lmao.

Allow me to laugh at you a lil jare.

You said you've got strong will, right?
Well, you'll need to exercise it here and now at this time in your life instead of allowing religious sentiment and the seeming tenderness and compassionate feelings you tend to derive by just simply having hope and faith in a sky daddy to console you in hard times of life.

I guess you should know that better than i do.

Ok bye.

6 Likes

Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by freecocoa(f): 2:27am On Jun 29, 2015
Sunnystooth:
Lolz, just one day that you went to church after a long time, you are already doubting whether you can continue with Agnosticism. What about me that still do go to church most times?

Anyway, you've tried sha, for a lady like you to have put up this long with such in this very religious part of the world.

The next thread we'll see from you might be the one you've join the choir and you now sing to the Glory of God (which is not a bad thing by the way). Life can be that confusing for some people sometimes.
Lmao.

Allow me to laugh at you a lil jare.

You said you've got strong will, right?
Well, you'll need to exercise it here and now at this time in your life instead of allowing religious sentiment and the seeming tenderness and compassionate feelings you tend to derive by just simply having hope and faith in a sky daddy to console you in hard times of life.

I guess you should know that better than i do.

Ok bye.

Doubting fire.

You should catch on quicker.tongue

I am just really a music person but if there's anything I'm convinced of, it is that I'm done with religion.

6 Likes

Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by Sunnystooth(m): 2:56am On Jun 29, 2015
freecocoa:
Doubting fire.

I am just really a music person but if there's anything I'm convinced of, it is that I'm done with religion.

Lolz, I guess my anticipation of your next thread being about you singing in a church choir was not out of place afterall. Seeing that you are a 'music person'. tongue

1 Like

Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by freecocoa(f): 7:37am On Jun 29, 2015
Sunnystooth:

Lolz, I guess my anticipation of your next thread being about you singing in a church choir was not out of place afterall. Seeing that you are a 'music person'. tongue
Nah! I wasn't in the choir when I was in the lord, talk more of now.tongue

I couldn't even sing along, I was just enjoying the rhythm and watching people dance.
Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by finofaya: 8:03am On Jun 29, 2015
Maybe he is. I would advice you to hold out a bit more tho. That way he has to tempt you with something better than fine boys with angelic voices. Something like a free Range Rover Autobiography or a smart kind funny rich handsome atheist boyfriend, or replacing your state governor with you mid term. All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by freecocoa(f): 8:11am On Jun 29, 2015
finofaya:
Maybe he is. I would advice you to hold out a bit more tho. That way he has to tempt you with something better than fine boys with angelic voices. Something like a free Range Rover Autobiography or a smart kind funny rich handsome atheist boyfriend, or replacing your state governor with you mid term. All the best.
Lol, you are funny. I could really use that Autobiography.cheesy
Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by Sunnystooth(m): 9:40am On Jun 29, 2015
freecocoa:
Nah! I wasn't in the choir when I was in the lord, talk more of now.tongue

I couldn't even sing along, I was just enjoying the rhythm and watching people dance.
Enjoying the rhythm, nodding head and watching others dance when music is being played, as opposed to actually wanting to sing and voice out some melodies with your 'sweet' voice.
Hmmm, this your brand of a 'music person' must be really fascinating. Lolz, it's all good though.
And yes, I really want to get on your nerve! wink
Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by freecocoa(f): 9:44am On Jun 29, 2015
Sunnystooth:

Enjoying the rhythm, nodding head and watching others dance when music is being played, as opposed to actually wanting to sing and voice out some melodies with cryyour 'sweet' voice.
Hmmm, this your brand of a 'music person' must be really fascinating. Lolz, it's all good though.
And yes, I really want to get on your nerve! wink
You are not trying hard enough.

I honestly did want to sing but the lyrics just didn't sound right, I couldn't do it without analysing how stup1d it was in my head. Chai! Satan don colonise me kpatakpata.

1 Like

Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by freecocoa(f): 9:47am On Jun 29, 2015
Sleekyshuga:
So, you are PH based Freecocoa shocked shocked? I was thinking Lagos or somewhere else..

House On The Rock, a church for loads of Uniport girls cheesy cheesy..

I remember when I was in Year 3, when I joined my room mate, and crew to the church.. Omo!! I felt outta place grin grin..

Having this 'deeper life' background, I was just lost grin grin, though @ a point, I started swaying to the praise and worship smiley. It was beautiful, and the singer was yummy..

@ your topic, I'm glad you enjoyed the service, though you laid emphasis on just the 'event aspect'.. What about the word? Did you flow with it? Did it leave any impact in you?

'In His presence, there is fullness of joy.' Keep attending.. You will be touched someday smiley smiley smiley..
Yea, there are some really hot guys/girls in that church, there was one fine brother that was even giving me eye.cheesy

I didn't listen to any word ojare, I solely went there to see Akpororo.tongue
Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by Sunnystooth(m): 10:42am On Jun 29, 2015
freecocoa:
You are not trying hard enough.

I honestly did want to sing but the lyrics just didn't sound right, I couldn't do it without analysing how stup1d it was in my head. Chai! Satan don colonise me kpatakpata.
Hahaha... All those Demons of Agnosticism must be really having fun time residing in you. Lolz.
Well, the lyrics? Hmmm, Was the lyrics so much about God that your brain could'nt process it anymore cos of the contrasting belief you have in your head?

1 Like

Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by freecocoa(f): 11:14am On Jun 29, 2015
Sunnystooth:

Hahaha... All those Demons of Agnosticism must be really having fun time residing in you. Lolz.
Well, the lyrics? Hmmm, Was the lyrics so much about God that your brain could'nt process it anymore cos of the contrasting belief you have in your head?
It was all about him, praising him and talking about his mercies.

Though when that guy from infinity sang his song about finding god's peace in the midst of the storm, it was indeed beautiful, his passion is infectious and I really liked the song/the guy but, I know there's nothing like the fairytale it is about.

It was just really hard to pretend I believed what he was singing about, if he isn't such a good singer, I would have hissed and be restless like I used to be in church.grin
Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by Sunnystooth(m): 12:54pm On Jun 29, 2015
freecocoa:
It was all about him, praising him and talking about his mercies.

Though when that guy from infinity sang his song about finding god's peace in the midst of the storm, it was indeed beautiful, his passion is infectious and I really liked the song/the guy but, I know there's nothing like the fairytale it is about.

It was just really hard to pretend I believed what he was singing about, if he isn't such a good singer, I would have hissed and be restless like I used to be in church.grin
Lmao... I can understand how restive one can get in church. Seriously, it's not easy to know what we now know as Agnostics and still just sit comfortable in Church. The blatant contrasting views can make a feeble and frail mind go insane.
Anyway, better avoid going to church totally if you know you'll keep coming back here to tell us that 'it seems God is calling you back'...Lolz.
Unlike us that are so used to church preaching and scripture remix that it does'nt perturb us even the slightest bit. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by freecocoa(f): 1:03pm On Jun 29, 2015
Sunnystooth:

Lmao... I can understand how restive one can get in church. Seriously, it's not easy to know what we now know as Agnostics and still just sit comfortable in Church. The blatant contrasting views can make a feeble and frail mind go insane.
Anyway, better avoid going to church totally if you know you'll keep coming back here to tell us that 'it seems God is calling you back'...Lolz.
Unlike us that are so used to church preaching and scripture remix that it does'nt perturb us even the slightest bit. cool
I don't know how you couldn't see that I was trolling.

1 Like

Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by Sunnystooth(m): 1:16pm On Jun 29, 2015
freecocoa:
I don't know how you couldn't see that I was trolling.
Well, you did'nt make it that obvious, so i could'nt have seen that you were trolling.
Anyway, stop trolling and get serious! sad
Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by freecocoa(f): 1:36pm On Jun 29, 2015
Sunnystooth:

Well, you did'nt make it that obvious, so i could'nt have seen that you were trolling.
Anyway, stop trolling and get serious! sad
Then you don't know me.

How would it be fun if I make it very obvious? you succeeded in killing this thread even before it got a chance to live, weldone o. angry
Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by Sleekyshuga(f): 2:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
freecocoa:
Yea, there are some really hot guys/girls in that church, there was one fine brother that was even giving me eye.cheesy

I didn't listen to any word ojare, I solely went there to see Akpororo.tongue
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by Sunnystooth(m): 2:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
freecocoa:
Then you don't know me.

How would it be fun if I make it very obvious? you succeeded in killing this thread even before it got a chance to live, weldone o. angry
Lmao.
The thread was dead on arrival.
You should even be thanking me for bringing it this far. tongue

Pheeewww! I got on her nerves finally.
Oyah, beat me na.grin
Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by finofaya: 3:02pm On Jun 29, 2015
freecocoa:
Lol, you are funny. I could really use that Autobiography.cheesy

Funny is just 1/5. What you want is 5/5.

If you ignore his call long enough, you'll get the car. Maybe. Just keep ignoring the call. smiley
Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by UyiIredia(m): 5:40pm On Jun 29, 2015
freecocoa:

So my people could it really be God calling me back?cry

The only time God will call you back is when you die, then whatever you see (or not) is what you get.

3 Likes

Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by TheBlackSaint(m): 6:10pm On Jun 29, 2015
freecocoa:
Doubting fire.

I beg of you, do not say that you are done with religion(Christ). It is commendable that you do not accept dogma( a major problem in the church) but Christ is real and was sent by the true and loving God to reconcile us to him. For many years I did not believe in God and felt nothing but pity for those that did. I'm eternally grateful that I have experienced God's love and pray the same for you. In Jesus' name.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by freecocoa(f): 8:24pm On Jun 29, 2015
Sunnystooth:

Lmao.
The thread was dead on arrival.
You should even be thanking me for bringing it this far. tongue

Pheeewww! I got on her nerves finally.
Oyah, beat me na.grin
You wish you did.grin

Go jor.

1 Like

Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by BABE3: 8:39pm On Jun 29, 2015
Lol. grin

Emotions, emotions, emotions. Emotions are powerful. Music is one of the best ways to bring out emotions or reactions in people.

Have you ever listened to a sad song, and you actually start to cry? I have.
Have you ever listened to a love song and you feel like you're on cloud 9? I have.
Surrendering to those emotions doesn't disturb what I know about god or religion; the truth; the facts. Compartmentalization!

Gospel music still gives me chills till date. I surrender to the power of the music. It's beautiful, really. The harmony, the unison. It's all temporary, but beautiful.

I know what I know. grin

1 Like

Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 14, 2015
@freecocoa, I was almost going to go full metal jacket on you- about being a typical woman without the strength and clarity of mind to persevere. Ready to fall and cry at the first hint of concert music cheesy
But I see you're still atheist/agnostic? More power to you midear, you are in excellent company.

1 Like

Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by Gloriagee(f): 1:01pm On Jul 14, 2015
I lurve that church! HOTR PH...home for all. I love Pastor Lanre...the Word n Swag.

@freecocoa - were u always agnostic? If not, wat was the turning point? N I'm so sure God's calling u back, please heed His call.

How do I know? I've wandered so far oftentimes, been unable to pray, avoided Church for years, been mad at God, done several things I'm ashamed of, wondered if He loved me et al but He's been consistent!

Take care of ur beautiful self and please do not drift too far away, if u get my drift.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by freecocoa(f): 4:07pm On Jul 14, 2015
Gloriagee:
I lurve that church! HOTR PH...home for all. I love Pastor Lanre...the Word n Swag.

@freecocoa - were u always agnostic? If not, wat was the turning point? N I'm so sure God's calling u back, please heed His call.

How do I know? I've wandered so far oftentimes, been unable to pray, avoided Church for years, been mad at God, done several things I'm ashamed of, wondered if He loved me et al but He's been consistent!

Take care of ur beautiful self and please do not drift too far away, if u get my drift.
I used to be born again o my sister grin but I grew up, most of the things in the bible have never really made sense to me anyways, as I always had questions, no one could answer them convincingly and gradually, I found myself here.

I have made my decisions dear but thanks for looking out.smiley

1 Like

Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by freecocoa(f): 4:08pm On Jul 14, 2015
BoboYekini:
@freecocoa, I was almost going to go full metal jacket on you- about being a typical woman without the strength and clarity of mind to persevere. Ready to fall and cry at the first hint of concert music cheesy
But I see you're still atheist/agnostic? More power to you midear, you are in excellent company.
Yea I am standing standing strong bro, how are you?smiley
Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
freecocoa:
Yea I am standing standing strong bro, how are you?smiley
I'm good thank you smiley Good to see you keeping strong. It takes real character to stand firm in your beliefs smiley I'm guessing your fiancé made you go this time.
Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by freecocoa(f): 6:46pm On Jul 14, 2015
BoboYekini:
I'm good thank you smiley Good to see you keeping strong. It takes real character to stand firm in your beliefs smiley I'm guessing your fiancé made you go this time.
I ended it, it just wouldn't have worked.

I went with a friend.
Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by simplex2: 7:15pm On Jul 14, 2015
Whew! You almost got me there! I thought you've succumbed to the unending threats of hell fire coming from our xtian fellas.

As for music, I love good music too: either from bob marley, sinach, frank edwards or davido; just play some nice rhymes and I'll either rock with you or lift up holy hands with you cheesy
Re: Is God Calling Me Back? by McSterling(m): 7:50pm On Jul 14, 2015
Each time I listen to Enya, I feel the holy ghost.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Practical Ways By Which Christian Can Endure In Times Of Suffering. / 21 Reasons Why “praying For Your Enemies To Die” Is Unscriptural / About 99% Of The Tongues Spoken In The Church Are Fake!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.