Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,179 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| (33536 Views)

Official Infinix Note 3 And Note 3 Pro Thread / Official Infinix Hot S Thread / 2015 Phone Of The Year: Ulefone Be Touch 2 Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by ochuski(m): 5:18pm On Jul 01, 2015
koice:
From what I'd seen of this Zero 2, it's not worth the price. Such a mid-range phone with modest specs should be sold under the 30k price bracket.

A minor improvement of the original Infinix Zero saw them replacing the ICP capacitive screen with Amoled, thereby giving the screen a deeper hue, but the pixel density overall remained the same unimpressive 294 ppi - enough to qualify as an HD but nowhere near a FHD status.

On the battery front, Zero takes forever to charge because it doesn't come with fast charging capability, like the original, and the Note versions. The battery itself is not adequate for an 8 core device clocked at 2.0ghz. Such a device should at the very least come equipped with a 3000mah battery. 2300mah is too mediocre.

Making and receiving calls with this device will interrupt your ongoing downloads, which truly suck, and can be very inconvenient for anyone that uses a download server that doesn't support pausing.

I would advice anyone to steer clear of this phone and invest on other options. There are several affordable Chinese phones with better specs, like Umi Emax. Even ihot Note pro is a better option to this overpriced crap.

hmm.... In terms of d price being high, its bcus of d xchange rates. 1doller=195naira...as 4 d rest of what u said, i see that u need a hands-on review of d phone then cum back n we'll talk

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by Nobody: 5:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
ochuski:
hmm.... In terms of d price being high, its bcus of d xchange rates. 1doller=195naira...as 4 d rest of what u said, i see that u need a hands-on review of d phone then cum back n we'll talk

I made a statement based on FACT. A collegue of mine got the phone last week, so it's not like I don't know what I was on about.

I guarantee you that very soon, you'll start cussing the bad luck that made you chose something this mediocre. grin
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by wabbyland(m): 5:30pm On Jul 01, 2015
augster:
Order Your Infinix Phones Through me. Free delivery.
is it just infinix phones that u can order? I'm ready to buy tecno h6 if u can help me order. I have 18k only for it. Contact me on whatsapp if u. +2348170027149 or +2347085510075. Wahab and I stay in lagos
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by ochuski(m): 5:38pm On Jul 01, 2015
INFINIX ZERO 2 TIPS!
1> Delving around the settings you'll notice you can actually change FONTS on this phone without even rooting.
2> If GESTURE CONTROL is your thing, be glad because there are lots of available options you can customize to your taste.
3> USB OTG works smoothly.
4> The SIM slot is HOT SWAPPABLE – this means you can swap/change your SIM cards without having to reboot your device
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by ochuski(m): 5:43pm On Jul 01, 2015
koice:

I made a statement based on FACT. A collegue of mine got the phone last week, so it's not like I don't know what I was on about.

I guarantee you that very soon, you'll start cussing the bad luck that made you chose something this mediocre. grin
bro pls no cursing...its ok. Taste differs.. Wat u want in a phone may not be what i want. As 4 me, a phone i'll use should be appealing to the eyes,sleek,and fast. Ba3 isnt rilly my thing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by augster(m): 5:56pm On Jul 01, 2015
wabbyland:
is it just infinix phones that u can order? I'm ready to buy tecno h6 if u can help me order. I have 18k only for it.
the phone is 20k sir.
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jul 01, 2015
ochuski:
bro pls no cursing...its ok. Taste differs.. Wat u want in a phone may not be what i want. As 4 me, a phone i'll use should be appealing to the eyes,sleek,and fast. Ba3 isnt rilly my thing.

I'm someone that started using a FHD device with qualcomm chipset and quadcore processors long before all this HD phone craze began (proud owner of a 20 month old LG pro), thus, I tend to judge this new chinko pretenders a bit harsher than most. Not hating, just saying.

1 Like

Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by samsard(m): 7:13pm On Jul 01, 2015
Koice if downloads really do stop when making calls then its a deal breaker for me. My Z10 could be on 3g with data transfer going on in the background while making calls. And you also mentioned that it charges slowly. I was seriously hoping i could make it my next phone but now it seems mediocre. Had it not been for the expensive dollar.
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by toideve(m): 7:18pm On Jul 01, 2015
samsard:
Koice if downloads really do stop when making calls then its a deal breaker for me. My Z10 could be on 3g with data transfer going on in the background while making calls. And you also mentioned that it charges slowly. I was seriously hoping i could make it my next phone but now it seems mediocre. Had it not been for the expensive dollar.

Check out Elephone P7000 or P8000

Thank me later smiley
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by toideve(m): 7:20pm On Jul 01, 2015
kubba:

So I went to get my infinix! Then a guy there said I'd have to get apps and avr from them @2k!!!

He said if I don't my phone will crash undecided
That true

Hope you didn't give him a penny......d guy is a barawo
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by samsard(m): 7:28pm On Jul 01, 2015
toideve:

Check out Elephone P7000 or P8000

Thank me later smiley
Been checking that out but my fear is that i'll not be able to repair an imported fone due to unavailability of parts especially in the event of a broken screen.

3 Likes

Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jul 01, 2015
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 01, 2015
samsard:

Everything I said about Infinix Zero 2 is true. I would advice you not to be in a hurry to buy any of those chinese lightweights.

Save up some funds, then invest it on any of the following brands: Samsung, Sony, HTC, and LG or the Chinese heavyweights of Huawei and Lenovo. You can never go wrong with android devices manufactured by any of the aforementioned.

On the plus side, with 'em, Customer care and Spare parts are readily available to the consumer in case of wahalla.
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by toideve(m): 10:21pm On Jul 01, 2015
samsard:
Been checking that out but my fear is that i'll not be able to repair an imported fone due to unavailability of parts especially in the event of a broken screen.

Uhmmm! Den go for hot note pro
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by ochuski(m): 10:49pm On Jul 01, 2015
koice:

Everything I said about Infinix Zero 2 is true. I would advice you not to be in a hurry to buy any of those chinese lightweights.

Save up some funds, then invest it on any of the following brands: Samsung, Sony, HTC, and LG or the Chinese heavyweights of Huawei and Lenovo. You can never go wrong with android devices manufactured by any of the aforementioned.

On the plus side, with 'em, Customer care and Spare parts are readily available to the consumer in case of wahalla.
bro... Xo u xpect me 2 save 55k 2 buy samsung galaxy E, or HTC 620?... I'll rather use dat moni n dig a bore-hole in my village... Am nt saying d zero 2 has everythng cus no phone has everythng. Even d best phone in d world 2day will b rubish by nxt yr. So my take is buy dis nw n uprade wen d time is right..dont spend all ur moni on a phone dat wil fade wit time..buy right...buy d infinix zero 2

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by ochuski(m): 11:01pm On Jul 01, 2015
samsard:
nice fear n a wise one...imagine u bought d elephone p8000 4 55k only 4 it 2 mistakenly fall on d ground n u hear crack...omg!...u'll jst drope dead wit hypertension... Finally, Wat makes a house a home is family...they always av ur back. Infinix got ur back incase of any damage

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by samsard(m): 11:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
ochuski:
nice fear n a wise one...imagine u bought d elephone p8000 4 55k only 4 it 2 mistakenly fall on d ground n u hear crack...omg!...u'll jst drope dead wit hypertension... Finally, Wat makes a house a home is family...they always av ur back. Infinix got ur back incase of any damage
My thoughts exactly.

2 Likes

Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by Nobody: 11:27pm On Jul 01, 2015
ochuski:
bro... Xo u xpect me 2 save 55k 2 buy samsung galaxy E, or HTC 620?... I'll rather use dat moni n dig a bore-hole in my village... Am nt saying d zero 2 has everythng cus no phone has everythng. Even d best phone in d world 2day will b rubish by nxt yr. So my take is buy dis nw n uprade wen d time is right..dont spend all ur moni on a phone dat wil fade wit time..buy right...buy d infinix zero.

I laughed out loud reading your post, especially @the bold. So ironic. Infinix Zero 2 is stuck at an hybrid form of Kitkat (a weird cross between Jelly bean and Real kitkat OS), while the much older Samsung 4 is comfortably enjoying the full benefits of the latest Lollipop. Case closed.
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by ochuski(m): 11:45pm On Jul 01, 2015
koice:

I laughed out loud reading your post, especially @the bold. So ironic. Infinix Zero 2 is stuck at an hybrid form of Kitkat (a cross weird between Jelly bean and Real kitkat OS), while the much older Samsung 4 is comfortably enjoying the full benefits of the latest Lollipop. Case closed.
wat abt galaxy s1,s2 n s3...why ar dey not enjoying lolipop cus dos dat bought dem must av felt dsam way u do nw...and android M is even here now...see my bro, its nt by buying des overhyped n overprized fones bcus dey'll also fade wit time. Who knws wat technology would b lyk by 2020?...am sure u'll argue dat d current s6 can b upgraded to watever android version dat would b on by 2020...be wise..its nt by buying d socalled best phones cus everythng fade wit time

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 02, 2015
ochuski:
wat abt galaxy s1,s2 n s3...why ar dey not enjoying lolipop cus dos dat bought dem must av felt dsam way u do nw...and android M is even here now...see my bro, its nt by buying des overhyped n overprized fones bcus dey'll also fade wit time. Who knws wat technology would b lyk by 2020?...am sure u'll argue dat d current s6 can b upgraded to watever android version dat would b on by 2020...be wise..its nt by buying d socalled best phones cus everythng fade wit time

You're not making much sense. bro. I don't know about you, but I'd rather buy a phone that will still be relevant in about 2 to 3 years after it launched. My LG pro is a testament. Bought it nearly 2 years ago, still going strong and rocking Kitkat, only because I don't want to upgrade to lollipop because of the rooting issues.

These chinko lightweights will soon fade out, and new batch will take their place. Some don't even last for a year before they develop one unrepairable fault or the other. That's why they are cheap and affordable to the average Nigerian, but that's also why a rational person can never trust them.

Bottom line: they are inferior to the brass/ and weren't built to last/

1 Like

Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 02, 2015
Quote me with your number for infinix zero 2 official whatsapp group
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by mrdrizzy(m): 8:51am On Jul 02, 2015
Listen guys dont let anyone convince u otherwise

put ya money where your mouth is,phones will always remain nothing else but phone,

There is no perfect phone out there
it all has its pros and cons

Stick to whatever u like,atleast be assured that whatever thing you choose was made by ur own decision not others.!!!

2 Likes

Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by augster(m): 10:14am On Jul 02, 2015
augster:
Get your Infinix Zero 2 through me. #32,900. Both Black and Red are available.
Still Available.
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by kubba: 11:36am On Jul 02, 2015
ochuski:
lols...i was jst laffing as i was reading ur post. Thats a complete lie... The guy dat told u dat is jst hustling. I gues u went to buy it at all these so-called local computer village or shop.

Mba o!
@slot
It's like there ain't no LED light
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by kubba: 11:37am On Jul 02, 2015
toideve:

Hope you didn't give him a penny......d guy is a barawo

A big one grin
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by abdulr747(m): 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2015
emrain:
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by kubba: 12:07pm On Jul 02, 2015
emrain:

Hello! How do I get led light on my zero2
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by toideve(m): 12:14pm On Jul 02, 2015
kubba:

Hello! How do I get led light on my zero2
I doubt if it has LED notification
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by kubba: 3:14pm On Jul 02, 2015
toideve:

I doubt if it has LED notification

Yes it doesnt
Still like it tho smiley
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by ochuski(m): 3:54pm On Jul 02, 2015
kubba:

Yes it doesnt
Still like it tho smiley
kindly give us a hands-on review of d zero 2...we'll appreciate it

1 Like

Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by ochuski(m): 3:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
emrain:
Re: Official Infinix Zero 2 Discussion Thread |the Next Hero| by kubba: 4:16pm On Jul 02, 2015
ochuski:
kindly give us a hands-on review of d zero 2...we'll appreciate it

Errr! I'm not a techy woman tongue
Maybe some pointers will help

I just know it's a sleek and sexy phone embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Which Has A Better Camera Quality In Terms Of Pictures Between Tecno And Infinix / Oukitel C8 Specifications /review / 5 Things You Can Do When You Run Out Of Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.