Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,690 members, 7,809,606 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:56 AM

Anyone Studying In Belgium? - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Anyone Studying In Belgium? (237987 Views)

Unruly Behavior: 43 Nigerians Deported From Germany, Belgium And Italy / 28 Nigerians Deported From Italy,belgium / Schengen Visa Delay At Belgium Embassy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by michaelbelgium(m): 3:16pm On Apr 16, 2017
BarrEgo:
Sorry. I'm only just seeing this. I got via email, as I needed it urgently but maybe they can send via courier too. Best to write them - if you haven't
alright...thank you
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by BarrEgo(f): 5:18pm On Apr 23, 2017
Hi! I was wondering: are international students allowed to work in Belgium?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by michaelbelgium(m): 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2017
BarrEgo:
Hi! I was wondering: are international students allowed to work in Belgium?
i think so...are you in belgium??
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by BarrEgo(f): 6:01pm On Apr 25, 2017
No. I'm in NL but I'm planning on going for a second master's at KU Leuven. Just thinking finances and stuff.

michaelbelgium:

i think so...are you in belgium??
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 11:49am On Apr 28, 2017
Hi all,

I will be traveling to Belgium soon on a 3 months vacation,though I will be staying in Brussels with a close friend.Pls what's their visa procedure like?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by brunosucre(m): 10:19pm On May 03, 2017
Hi guys, does anyone know if the Belgium embassy still accept medical certificates from kamoras hospital. Saw a document listing just St Francois and Zankli hospitals, please I need information about this ASAP. Thanks

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by ogatboy(m): 4:17pm On May 04, 2017
Please who is currently in Belgium, preferably in Brussels. Just let me know. Thank you
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Phenmeson(m): 11:31pm On May 23, 2017
fikki1:

Belgian Embassy will only legalise authorised signature..... Which means it must have MOE N MOFA legalisation... MOFA will only legalise ur school certificate if its legalised by MOE.....it means

MOE leads to MOFA which leads to Belgian Embassy....

Am new here. Please can anyone tell me how to legalise documents by proxy in Ministry of Foreign Affairs(Nigeria) because i dont live in Abuja.
I don't mind sending it by post or proxy if is allow.
Thanka and God bless you all
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Phenmeson(m): 11:32pm On May 23, 2017
Am new here. Please can anyone tell me how to legalise documents by proxy in Ministry of Foreign Affairs(Nigeria) because i dont live in Abuja.
I don't mind sending it by post or proxy if is allow.
Thanka and God bless you all
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by ahibshaf(m): 9:03pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hello peeps
Can anyone link me up with an English school for undergraduate studies in Engineering?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adenike88: 5:19am On Jun 12, 2017
My fellow Nigerians!

Please help a sister o. I'm new here. I just gained admission for my Masters into Vlerick Business School in Belgium so I'm in the process of applying for a study visa.

I've been to the VFS website and in person to the VFS centre in lagos to obtain information. I've also been following threads on Naira land but some info are contradictory in terms of legalisation etc.

I've sent some one to Abuja to legalise my WAEC certificate, BSc Certificate and Police Clearance Certificate and the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Foreign Affairs and finally at the Embassy in Belgium. But I don't know how to get the sponsorship form for my sponsor to complete and sign because I also need to legalise it at the Embassy of Belgium in Abuja. Please does anyone have any information on this?

Also do I have to do any medicals? I saw this on one of the older threads for Belgium study visa requirements but it's not stated in the VFS website and it wasn't mentioned to me either when I went on to make enquiries.

I was also told it takes about 2 months to process.

Please help a sister o. Is there anyone going through such or anyone who has been through this?

Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Walatadadon: 11:58am On Jun 12, 2017
Yes everyone needs medicals but only those who are 21 and above needs police certificate. For medicals I think there's a place in lagos that's cheap of all, but I don't know if am allowed to disclose ds public maybe u can mail privately for this.

For sponsorship, u need to be smart and careful cos ds is actually the toughest of all the stages. Go to vfs website download documents required then ask questions when u get confused

It think our veterans here are writing/preparing for exams so there might be some delay in response

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dabrunzy: 6:12pm On Jun 13, 2017
Hello all,

So i got an admission letter into studying an advanced Msc at the University of Antwerp and also got an admission letter to study a preparatory english language course before the Master program proper.
Am about to submit my visa application at the embassy and some friends are of the opinion that i shouldnt introduce the preparatory language admission letter for fear that i may be denied a visa based on inadequate language proficiency. they assume the embassy may ask me to stay back and study english in my country. Personally i feel its important to include the language program admission letter bc my last studies were done in french and the embassy may consider this as inappropriate.
I would be very grateful if u can advice me accordingly on what to do exactly
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 13, 2017
I hope your sponsor does not reside in Nigeria?
If that is the case, then you not be issue the visa. Reason you need a sponsor who is placed on monthly salary of about 2000 Euro without a dependant. For each dependant added, you need to add about 150 Euro. It is hard to fine someone in Nigerian earning this much per month. I mean someone who is being paid monthly salary as this will reflect in his/ her pay slip and not a business man. I hope this will now guide you to search for a good sponsorship. If I may advice you, look for a sponsor abroad.

Adenike88:
My fellow Nigerians!

Please help a sister o. I'm new here. I just gained admission for my Masters into Vlerick Business School in Belgium so I'm in the process of applying for a study visa.

I've been to the VFS website and in person to the VFS centre in lagos to obtain information. I've also been following threads on Naira land but some info are contradictory in terms of legalisation etc.

I've sent some one to Abuja to legalise my WAEC certificate, BSc Certificate and Police Clearance Certificate and the Ministry of Education and Ministry of Foreign Affairs and finally at the Embassy in Belgium. But I don't know how to get the sponsorship form for my sponsor to complete and sign because I also need to legalise it at the Embassy of Belgium in Abuja. Please does anyone have any information on this?

Also do I have to do any medicals? I saw this on one of the older threads for Belgium study visa requirements but it's not stated in the VFS website and it wasn't mentioned to me either when I went on to make enquiries.

I was also told it takes about 2 months to process.

Please help a sister o. Is there anyone going through such or anyone who has been through this?

Thank you so much.

3 Likes

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Walatadadon: 10:45am On Jun 14, 2017
namebdis4:
If that is the case, then you not be issue the visa. Reason you need a sponsor who is placed on monthly salary of about 2000 Euro without a dependant. For each dependant added, you need to add about 150 Euro. It is hard to fine someone in Nigerian earning this much per month. I mean someone who is being paid monthly salary as this will reflect in his/ her pay slip and not a business man. I hope this will now guide you to search for a good sponsorship. If I may advice you, look for a sponsor abroad.

Oga Namebdis, it's actually around 1807 euros sir, d 2000 euros can still take one dependant of 150 euros
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Nobody: 3:26pm On Jun 14, 2017
The reason I say 2000 is to be on the safe side as this some fluctuates. Each year there are changes. I am talking from experience. Just an advice it is left for you to do what is best.

Good luck

Walatadadon:

Oga Namebdis, it's actually around 1807 euros sir, d 2000 euros can still take one dependant of 150 euros

1 Like

Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by mavinc4u(f): 3:41pm On Jun 14, 2017
Walatadadon:
visa

Please how long does it take to obtain belgium student visa or tourist visa. How much should one have in an account during the visa process.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Kilewani: 8:37pm On Jun 14, 2017
dabrunzy:
Hello all,

So i got an admission letter into studying an advanced Msc at the University of Antwerp and also got an admission letter to study a preparatory english language course before the Master program proper.
Am about to submit my visa application at the embassy and some friends are of the opinion that i shouldnt introduce the preparatory language admission letter for fear that i may be denied a visa based on inadequate language proficiency. they assume the embassy may ask me to stay back and study english in my country. Personally i feel its important to include the language program admission letter bc my last studies were done in french and the embassy may consider this as inappropriate.
I would be very grateful if u can advice me accordingly on what to do exactly

There is no problem at all submitting all documents. In fact, the University is the one that determines student's language proficiency and not the embassy.

Do you have a scholarship from the University or Belgian Government? If you have it, nothing to worry about.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by mavinc4u(f): 5:41pm On Jun 15, 2017
Why is this thread so dried?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by mavinc4u(f): 10:46am On Jun 16, 2017
namebdis4:
The reason I say 2000 is to be on the safe side as this some fluctuates. Each year there are changes. I am talking from experience. Just an advice it is left for you to do what is best.

Good luck

Please how long does it take to obtain belgium student visa or tourist visa. How much should one have in an account during the visa process?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Walatadadon: 12:23pm On Jun 16, 2017
mavinc4u:

Please how long does it take to obtain belgium student visa or tourist visa. How much should one have in an account during the visa process?

Pls check vfs website
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by mavinc4u(f): 2:34pm On Jun 16, 2017
Walatadadon:

Pls check vfs website

I do not see how much one needs to have in account there? My destination is not belgium but another country, just need to get to Belgium before proceeding to my destination. If you have any information, you can share.
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dabrunzy: 2:55am On Jun 19, 2017
Kilewani:

There is no problem at all submitting all documents. In fact, the University is the one that determines student's language proficiency and not the embassy.

Do you have a scholarship from the University or Belgian Government? If you have it, nothing to worry about.

Thank you very much. Unfortunately i didnt get the scholarship. Please when do you think is latest time to apply for a visa? My studies begin in september and am anticipating to deposit my application by mid july. is that too late already?
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by dabrunzy: 3:05am On Jun 19, 2017
Please guys, when do you think is the latest date to apply for a visa? My studies begin in September and i think i can only be ready to apply by mid june. is that too late? does it slim my chances of getting a visa? Please help a skeptic out!!!
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by ogatboy(m): 9:54pm On Jun 19, 2017
dabrunzy:
Please guys, when do you think is the latest date to apply for a visa? My studies begin in September and i think i can only be ready to apply by mid june. is that too late? does it slim my chances of getting a visa? Please help a skeptic out!!!
We are in mid June so just apply
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by everyevery: 3:41am On Jun 20, 2017
Please is toefl/ielts a requirement for international students in Belgium besides how much must my statement of account reflect for a postgraduate course. Thanks
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by Adenike88: 12:35pm On Jun 20, 2017
namebdis4:

Thanks so much for the feedback. My sponsor actually resides in Nigeria. My full tuition is sorted. And i have an official letter to that effect. I'm only using the sponsor to cover my living expenses etc. And my sponsor earns almost that amount. Just a few hundred euros short. Is there a chance for me to be given a student visa?

Also I can see someone posted on the group to ask how long it takes. The VFS website doesn't do much justice with regards to that but I went there in person to find out and they said it takes like 2 months. I hope that helps @mavinc4u
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by InfoMinister: 12:05am On Jun 27, 2017
namebdis4:

Same here oooo.... so far so good, how have u gone about the situation. My sponsor is yet to collect the form from the embassy. U can reach me on whatsapp
Re: Anyone Studying In Belgium? by mavinc4u(f): 10:20am On Jun 27, 2017
Adenike88:

Thanks so much for the feedback. My sponsor actually resides in Nigeria. My full tuition is sorted. And i have an official letter to that effect. I'm only using the sponsor to cover my living expenses etc. And my sponsor earns almost that amount. Just a few hundred euros short. Is there a chance for me to be given a student visa?

Also I can see someone posted on the group to ask how long it takes. The VFS website doesn't do much justice with regards to that but I went there in person to find out and they said it takes like 2 months. I hope that helps @mavinc4u

Yes, it does. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (77) (Reply)

Turkey Visa Application Delay / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 9 / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.