Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,012 members, 7,817,984 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Being A Female In Nigeria - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Being A Female In Nigeria (2919 Views)

Don't Be Afraid To Approach A Female Soldier You Love - A Soldier Girl (photos) / Pre-wedding Photos Of A Female Nigerian Soldier & Her Fiance / A Female Friend Told Me This Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Being A Female In Nigeria by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 11:21am On Jul 01, 2015
This topic was trending on Twitter yesterday #BeingAFemaleInNigeria

BEING A FEMALE IN NIGERIA

1. where moral teachings are targeted at women because you know boys will be boys.

2. means you cannot tell a guy you like & want to date him. Unless you want to be called ASHAWO.

3. He gets home from a long day at work. She gets home from a long day at work. But she's supposed to cook while he waits.

4. Your husband cooked? And you opened your mouth and ate the food? What kind of woman are you?

5. From 25 till death you will be bugged about [1] When will you marry [2] When will you born [3] We want boys

6. Don't buy a car before you marry. Especially if you're above 25. You'll scare the men away.

7. You're not allowed to have standards. Be grateful men are even toasting you.

8. You are 30, unmarried with a good job. Sorry sister, you have failed.

9. Being smart doesn't matter. Having a good job doesn't matter. Just shut up, get married and give birth to many babies

10. Your husband slapped you? Sorry. What did you say to make him angry? Go and beg him.

11. you can't choose to be childless, what's the purpose of your womb.. your mum gave birth to you. YOU MUST HAVE YOURS.

12. After marriage If you are unable to conceive within a year of marriage, you are barren.

13. Where moral teachings are targeted at women because you know boys will be boys.

14. if you're looking for an apartment, prepare for rude enquiries about who's sponsoring you.

15. The vendor in traffic will put the Forbes Magazine behind and automatically offer you Fashion and City People.

16. If another driver hits your car by accident be prepared to accept sorry. He has begged you and he has your type at home.

17. you can't go to club on your own to have a solo drink, you're a prostitute.

18. if you own a car, you couldn't possibly have bought it with your own money.

19. You're a runs girl until proven innocent because by default you're a gold digger.

20. if you are fair then you must be bleaching and if you have a long black hair (not natural) you will be called a runs girl.

21. Being taken as a free for all lender or discount machine after all as a woman you don't really need the money you earn.

22. Wife tells husband this is the fifth 5 child! husband replies "but you know they are all girls! YOU CAN'T STOP NOW.

[ This is not about feminism, it is about common sense. We all know our society makes being a woman a tough job ] ADD YOURS.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 01, 2015
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 11:22am On Jul 01, 2015
Please let's contribue to this thread and hopefully we can make the front page and show this guys what we are going through. cry
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by Cutehector(m): 11:24am On Jul 01, 2015
ToyozzieTohBad:
Please let's contribue to this thread and hopefully we can make the front page and show this guys what we are going through. cry
I can guarantee ur thread to go frontpage...
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by wordbank(m): 11:24am On Jul 01, 2015
Ftc
Moimoi dey smell
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by dharay88: 11:24am On Jul 01, 2015
0hk lemme too contribute.

#yaaaaawns# brb.
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by henry255: 11:28am On Jul 01, 2015
Bae, thats really pathetic. This generation is one sided, fixed, time bound and directed toward a general motive which is 'get to at most 25 and get married', if not your achievements are worthless withot a husband. In the western world, the high rate of single mothers are overwhelming and ladies transcend to measurable financial height wit the male counterpart. Number 17, 18, 19, 20 strikes very deep. Nice thread dearie
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by mablie(m): 11:29am On Jul 01, 2015
Typical victim mentality.Being female is hard to youEither go and live in any fantasy country that treats women fairly,go for a sex change to become male or kill yourself.I have no time for whiners
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by Upnepaa(m): 11:30am On Jul 01, 2015
All i see is feminism,feminism and nothing else but feminism,we are in africa for goodness sake
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by jashar(f): 11:32am On Jul 01, 2015
cry *sighs* embarassed

1 Like

Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by mablie(m): 11:34am On Jul 01, 2015
henry255:
Bae, thats really pathetic. This generation is one sided, fixed, time bound and directed toward a general motive which is 'get to at most 25 and get married', if not your achievements are worthless withot a husband. In the western world, the high rate of single mothers are overwhelming and ladies transcend to measurable financial height wit the male counterpart. Nice thread dearie
Continue blaming men and society for your deficiencies and expecting them to serve you.Let's see how far that mentality takes you.I hate whiners
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by henry255: 11:40am On Jul 01, 2015
mablie:
Continue blaming men and society for your deficiencies and expecting them to serve you.Let's see how far that mentality takes you.I hate whiners

Are you high on cheap drugs? The Op stated the situation affecting virtually d females in our growing generation you are there posting rubbish. If I say your psyche needs redirection, then I won't be wrong undecided

2 Likes

Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by mablie(m): 11:42am On Jul 01, 2015
henry255:

Are you high on cheap drugs? The Op stated the situation affecting virtually d females in our growing generation you are there posting rubbish. If I say your psyche needs redirection, then I won't be wrong undecided
silly reply.Contrary to popular belief life for women in nigeria is very easy while it is very hard for men.u don't believe me??let u and I walk on the street right now and we'll see how many cars will stop to offer u a lift to ur destination and how many vehicles will do thesame for me.If u have a vagina in ngr and have a little bit of sense to go with it the world will be ur oyster.I double dare anyone to prove this my post wrong

1 Like

Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by powerfulsettingz: 11:44am On Jul 01, 2015
I laff in swhahili Wait for the version of #beingamaleinnigeria u will fear

1 Like

Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by henry255: 11:48am On Jul 01, 2015
Guy, let's call a spade a spade, assuming u have a sister who is still single aged btw 30 and above, what do you think would be her most concerned priority? The stigma of singlehood drains her subconsciously. Dude try and read the post before u comment
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by sandrannna(f): 11:49am On Jul 01, 2015
Why will this thread make front page? When the thread is not silly.
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by mablie(m): 11:49am On Jul 01, 2015
powerfulsettingz:
I laff in swhahili
Wait for the version of #beingamaleinnigeria u will fear
The nigerian male version will be full of blood,sweet,tears even urine sef.Ngr is the most difficult country to be a man.You get nothing for free,the financial responsibilities are mind numbing and everyone expects u to carry out every back breaking activity with a smile on ur face
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by henry255: 11:51am On Jul 01, 2015
mablie:
silly reply.Contrary to popular belief life for women in nigeria is very easy while it is very hard for men.u don't believe me??let u and I walk on the street right now and we'll see how many cars will stop to offer u a lift to ur destination and how many vehicles will do thesame for me.If u have a vagina in ngr and have a little bit of sense to go with it the world will be ur oyster.I double dare anyone to prove this my post wrong
henry255:
Guy, let's call a spade a spade, assuming u have a sister who is still single aged btw 30 and above, what do you think would be her most concerned priority? The stigma of singlehood drains her subconsciously. Dude try and read the post before u comment
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by AfricanApple(f): 11:53am On Jul 01, 2015
our generation are beginning to realize it
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 11:54am On Jul 01, 2015
Bile Product Have A Thousand Seats Already. Women Deserves More And It Shall Come To Pass But Your Big Head Will Forever Remain The Same.
mablie:
Typical victim mentality.Being female is hard to youEither go and live in any fantasy country that treats women fairly,go for a sex change to become male or kill yourself.I have no time for whiners
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 11:55am On Jul 01, 2015
I Tire Oo.
sandrannna:
Why will this thread make front page? When the thread is not silly.
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by mablie(m): 11:56am On Jul 01, 2015
AfricanApple:
our generations are beginning to realize it
You talking about this your lazy entitled generation??Ptui

1 Like

Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by mablie(m): 12:00pm On Jul 01, 2015
ToyozzieTohBad:
Bile Product Have A Thousand Seats Already. Women Deserves More And It Shall Come To Pass But Your Big Head Will Forever Remain The Same.
Insults right??Why should I expect anything else from a muskrat??stop whining and get to work fixing ur lives okay cos men and society are tired of doing it for u.Lazy gnoose

1 Like

Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by AfricanApple(f): 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
mablie:
You talking about this your lazy entitled generation??Ptui
are they? at least a good number are still hardworking
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by henry255: 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2015
mablie:
Insults right??Why should I expect anything else from a muskrat??stop whining and get to work fixing ur lives okay cos men and society are tired of doing it for u.Lazy gnoose
Guy grow up
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by mablie(m): 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2015
_My sister life is not my responsibility.If she isn't married at the age of 30 and she is weak willed to let what society says about it bother her that isn't my bizness.Its hers.We are all individually responsible for ourselves not society or others

1 Like

Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by henry255: 12:05pm On Jul 01, 2015
mablie:
Guy grow up. Who are your parents?
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by mablie(m): 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2015
henry255:
Guy grow up. Who are your parents?
You shut up.The buharis
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by mablie(m): 12:07pm On Jul 01, 2015
AfricanApple:
are they? at least a good number are still hardworking
A minority

1 Like

Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 12:09pm On Jul 01, 2015
Who is insulting you? Its a compliment. All am saying is choose between being ugly and being f00lish.. Life is too short for you to be doing the two at the same time.
mablie:
Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by Emodeee: 12:10pm On Jul 01, 2015
@op, are you complaining? Let me add.

1. Where a girl will be cohabiting with her b.f: niggar will be chopping pusssy even without paying dowry.

2. When u stay at delicate bus stops@night, there are two things involved, it's either u r waiting for customers or u r waiting for ur aristo to cum and pick u.
3. Where guys use and dump ladies like........dn't mention it.
4. A lady will sleep with 3guyz in a day and sees ntn bad innit, she is aving fun.
5. Whr a lady will call her other friends for a thre.e some.
6. Whr a lady will use yansh to collect mark.
7. Most of them are money oriented.
8. Even a deeper life sister go carry belle outside wedlock, na wa oh. U will be like "so u fvck?"
9. Wetin remain? Add urs

1 Like

Re: Being A Female In Nigeria by mablie(m): 12:14pm On Jul 01, 2015
ToyozzieTohBad:
Who is insulting you? Its a compliment. All am saying is choose between being ugly and being f00lish.. Life is too short for you to be doing the two at the same time.
exchanging words with women is a complete time waster.No logic ever

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Signs She Wants To Be Your Bae / 7 Weird Things Girls Do That Guys Love For No Reason / Is It A Must Your Boyfriend/girlfriend Informed You Before Paying You A Visit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.