Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,945 members, 7,952,818 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 03:59 AM

BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man (59688 Views)

Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story / Man Seen In Bank With Two Trousers To Withdraw Money (Photo) / How A White Man Surprised All In The Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Timijo(m): 7:09am On Jul 02, 2015
Tuntheycr7:

[b]This morning, as I landed in Lagos, I made to the
nearest GTB to transact. The queue from inside
the banking hall to the bank entrance was crazy.
They are customers who wanna register for their
BVN, I was told. Today is the last day for
registration, they said. I wished them well as I
aligned with the shorter queue for customers
who wanna deposit cash.
Soon, from the BVN queue, a woman began to
scream. The only thing I was able to pick from
the scream, 'se ori meji loni ni? (does he have
two heads?' I stepped out of my queue, to go
and gbeborun, to see what or who was
tormenting this woman. These GTB staff that are
always garbed in white military-like uniform; are
they drivers or security men? About three of
them had just came in with one whiteman. And
they took the whiteman straight to the lady at
the BVN desk. And the lady, too, was already
attending to the whiteman while the queue
watched, and waited, except this woman.
For a moment, I observed things. The woman
screaming against this white supremacy on the
soil of Africa is one local market woman. I
figured through her dressing, the way she tied
her purse around her waist, and when she
lamented that they left their wares to come join
this queue since they heard the exercise was
gonna close today. The men in white and the
whiteman weren't bothered by the woman's
noise. It was a case of allowing the dog bark all
it can till it can bark no more. The people on the
queue were indifferent. Some of them, their
looks carried the undertone, 'shey this woman
wey dey shout want oyinbo to join the queue ni?
Haba!'
I stepped into the circle, calming the woman.
And then, I took the fight from there. I banged
the desk twice, and instantly I got everyone's
attention. How can these men in white bring this
man in and wouldn't tell him to join the queue? I
began. Hey madam, pointing to GTB staff by the
BVN desk, you can only attend to this man when
he joins the queue! Who are you? One of the
idiots in white turned at me. I jega'ed him. I am
a ten year old customer of GTB, I said, with a
brief smile. At this point, everything stood still.
Tell this man to join the queue, I insisted. When
the whiteman's eyes met mine, I expected him to
talk. He didn't. I did the talking. Is this how you
do from where you come from, huh? I threw into
his face. Is this how you will connive with staff
to jump over the queue when at the Barclays
Bank in London or the Royal Bank in Edinburgh
or Dime Savings Bank of New York? Ha, we don't
do like that here in Nigeria o. We follow due-
process. Mafi bredi komi lomi obe je, ogbeni
oyinbo! L'Eko Ile? Oma to sori queue yen ni se.
He folded his arms and looked on imperiously.
At this point, the bank top officials had gathered
around. There were attempts to 'rescue' the
whiteman to their office upstairs. I halted it. The
moment I noticed, I told them that if they go
attend to the whiteman upstairs, I will tell
everyone on the queue to march upstairs, too.
And then, they resorted to begging. And even the
woman whose fight I had taken ownership of
started to beg me. Otito Baba Oko mi, she
pleaded. No, oyinbo MUST join the queue! Their
pleading fuelled my anger. What is that?
These things that come with neo-imperialism
sha. I've also heard about how whitemen smoke
in places marked No Smoking at the Nigerian
airport, and they go, without being penalised as
would Nigerian offenders.[/b]

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152856338971604&id=634706603&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6166416382351678044%3Amf_story_key.4112461617368883571%3AeligibleForSeeFirstBumping.&__tn__=%2As

I like your boldness, we need more people like you in this country.

3 Likes

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by lastpage: 7:17am On Jul 02, 2015
lekinz:
Ohga Ooooooh, we re being treated like a slave in our country ...

He's a white man, am a black man, what's the diff the skin pigment , we re both human, but the fact that he's white makes him superior right

Na so them go dey call our mother's tongue vernacular . We will be ban from speaking our languages in schools and institutions and the foreign language will be introduced ..

Smh ..
Blackmail - BAD
Satan - BLACK; .... Jesus - WHITE
Blacklist - BAD ..... Whitelist - GOOD
Blackout - BAD
Blackboard - BAD

Everything Blackman does, they find a way to condemn it (and some greedy Blacks will be used to reinforce the opinion). If a White person starts the same thing, it becomes an "invention"! shocked angry

No be today dem turn dey harass "BLACK" but it appears we Blacks have come to accept it as normal...[b]and even perpetuate it more!

SMH

Just see what Obama has been turned to in America! Black Turkey![/b] shocked shocked grin grin

Dearis God!.

Lastpage!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 02, 2015
dearpreye:

It's because we believe and know them to be mentally superior to the blacks. And they leverage that advantage. Simple.

Bro, they're superior. Why? You keep proving them right.

You don't have a system. Anything goes here.

Put your house in order. Enforce your laws. Others will comply. Is that too hard to do? For the black man, it's too hard to do.
my brother its too hard man...imagine we caant even improve ourr labour laws, reason why a graduate can be paid like a cleaner...its sad...

The white man knows he is superior...like you said we keep giving them reasons to know so..

1 Like

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Nobody: 7:18am On Jul 02, 2015
andyanders:
Op, I love what you did and how I wish I was at same bank, I would have also turned the bank upside down.

Same thing I did to an Indian man at the Airport that was insulting maybe his driver and I was coming into the country.When I heard him insulting the guy, I jumped on him held him to the wall and the airport security came up on us as I pinned him to the wall, asking him " who the hell are you to get your fvcking asss to Nigeria to insult a citizen of Nigeria in his own country?" Boy I was mad as I told him that the insult is on Nigerians and not to the guy.

Boy, you did well cus that inferiority complex of a black man is still in us as our people still see them as been superior to we blacks.

Hahaha hah. A good fight there.

I must commend the OP for his bravery, though I'm still furious why the rest didn't support.....

However, there's no denying the fact the Whites are superior to the blacks. This superiority isn't a function of creation but as a result of centuries of their visionary, forward thinking, daring and hardworking lifestyles.

1 Like

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by ThisMeansWAR: 7:20am On Jul 02, 2015
Muscomide:

Damn right too! You ought to rejoin that queue like the Oyinbo said. All that nonsense our people do booking space on queues really infuriates me.
that's how we do our own thing and it's working for us.. we like booking space.. oyinbo like starting over.. but the point is, he obeyed and they didn't give him any special treatment. if the ediot oyinbo man had booked space instead of jumping over everyone else, no one would talk.
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Nobody: 7:21am On Jul 02, 2015
IzonOwei:
my brother its too hard man...imagine we caant even improve ourr labour laws, reason why a graduate can be paid like a cleaner...its sad...

The white man knows he is superior...like you said we keep giving them reasons to know so..

Whether you want to believe it or not, the black man isn't totally incapable of self government.

I'm still on the way to work. Stuck in an avoidable gridlock. Because we can't put our infrastructure in place and maintain them. Google indicates the distance btw my office and home should be covered in just 10 minutes. I've been here for over 50 minutes. I still may spend an additional hour.

Why do we go to the US or Europe for holiday? Because we know they have a better system than ours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by katerine7(f): 7:21am On Jul 02, 2015
see James bond for Nigeria o,well done op no mind all those yeye people
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 02, 2015
Black supremacists
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by andyanders: 7:28am On Jul 02, 2015
dearpreye:

Hahaha hah. A good fight there.

I must commend the OP for his bravery, though I'm still furious why the rest didn't support.....

However, there's no denying the fact the Whites are superior to the blacks. This superiority isn't a function of creation but as a result of centuries of their visionary, forward thinking, daring and hardworking lifestyles.

Exactly my brother. The black man should first know his right and his worth as God's creation and not a maid servant to the white.
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Nobody: 7:30am On Jul 02, 2015
andyanders:

Exactly my brother. The black man should first know his right and his worth as God's creation and not a maid servant to the white.

Very true. But unfortunately the average black man lacks the discipline to know and rigorously enforce his rights.

Can't you see how we all allow a few politicians to destroy our commonwealth? That's also a part of the inferiority complex. A case of extreme self - preservation.
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Nobody: 7:31am On Jul 02, 2015
dearpreye:

Whether you want to believe it or not, the black man isn't totally incapable of self government.

I'm still on the way to work. Stuck in an avoidable gridlock. Because we can't put our infrastructure in place and maintain them. Google indicates the distance btw my office and home should be covered in just 10 minutes. I've been here for over 50 minutes. I still may spend an additional hour.

Why do we go to the US or Europe for holiday? Because we know they have a better system than ours.
grin grin...hahahahaha...exactly...it baffles me how we travel abroad,come back and manage with the craziness here...just as long as we have our range rover its ook...our leaders travel to dubai,but come back and leave our country crazy...in lagos here we must always go mad on the road before getting to our places of work and homes respectively...no orderliness...no arrangement...just everybody living free and crazy...

1 Like

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Nobody: 7:33am On Jul 02, 2015
IzonOwei:
grin grin...hahahahaha...exactly...it baffles me how we travel abroad,come back and manage with the craziness here...just as long as we have our range rover its ook...our leaders travel to dubai,but come back and leave our country crazy...in lagos here we must always go mad on the road before getting to our places of work and homes respectively...no orderliness...no arrangement...just everybody living free and crazy...

The black man is incapable of critical thought and self governance. We should be paying the Whites foe dragging us out from the bush. sad sad
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 02, 2015
Holyfield1:
I think one of the major problem we are having here is Inferiority complex...
While would they be giving preferential treatment
to a white man here when they do not even give a f**k about us in their own country..

The white man in question might even be a Lebanese sef... grin grin grin

I can bet my left ball that the supposed "white" guy is a kora ( those guys dey annoy me ).

1 Like

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by LadyX(f): 7:46am On Jul 02, 2015
crazygod:
This FTC crew, how do u guys do it? Abeg show me the way biko. Me to wan FTC.
Keep checking the new topics. Read and see those that are FP bound. Comment. VoilĂ !
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Nobody: 7:48am On Jul 02, 2015
dearpreye:

The black man is incapable of critical thought and self governance. We should be paying the Whites foe dragging us out from the bush. sad sad
hahahahaha....just yesterday my elder sister asked if there is something fundamentally wrong with the black race..then I told her that once you leave blacks alone you would get the same results over and over again...and that is retrogression...apart from a few blacks who can solve problems critically,many would rather remain enslaved...if all the whites in america leave the blacks alone to run the country and live in it,america would be run aground..because the black man believes in NOW and not the FUTURE...

See my country na...we cant have constant electricity since 1960 till this moment...

Our country is messsed up completely...

1 Like

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Nobody: 7:55am On Jul 02, 2015
IzonOwei:
hahahahaha....just yesterday my elder sister asked if there is something fundamentally wrong with the black race..then I told her that once you leave blacks alone you would get the same results over and over again...and that is retrogression...apart from a few blacks who can solve problems critically,many would rather remain enslaved...if all the whites in america leave the blacks alone to run the country and live in it,america would be run aground..because the black man believes in NOW and not the FUTURE...

See my country na...we cant have constant electricity since 1960 till this moment...

Our country is messsed up completely...

Just look around your location. See the blacks as they move about disorderly.....Their topmost priority is food and sex. Nothing more....

1 Like

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by lovely17(m): 7:56am On Jul 02, 2015
op didn't finish his story did he join the queue? but I like the way you mentioned their banks gbayi ori e wanbe
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by omoadeleye(m): 7:56am On Jul 02, 2015
Emekamex:
Will this make Osibanjo and El Rufai taller? If not, I don't really care.

so what will be the benefit of their height to Nigeria?
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by jossymife: 7:57am On Jul 02, 2015
[quote author=Tuntheycr7 post=35378847]

who wanna deposit cash.
Haba!'

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10152856338971604&id=634706603&refid=28&_ft_=qid.6166416382351678044%3Amf_story_key.4112461617368883571%3AeligibleForSeeFirstBumping.&__tn__=%2As

[TRUE TALK. I LOVE THE BOLDNESS]
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Immarocks(f): 8:02am On Jul 02, 2015
Tuntheycr7:

who wanna deposit cash.
Haba!'

true.........the way this white men step on our toe n make a mockry of our rules is soooo annoying n sicking....we completely turn a blind eye to their neo-imperialism n "white man suprimacy syndrome" including our leaders "how e take affect me shey na white man".....imagine only that market woman could challenge them...she may be a market woman but she knows her right n am sure there were so called educated pple on that queue as well.

I comment u op...for challenging them the way u did.

me I never seen someone that has a "white"skin d day I see...I will know they dat d person is extraordinary.
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by goryorhal(m): 8:05am On Jul 02, 2015
No b for naija?
No wonder bbc said there are three people living in this world . They are : the white , the black , and Nigerians.

Our attitude different from the rest of Africans.

1 Like

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by deraugo: 8:11am On Jul 02, 2015
honestly if I get to meet u I deed buy u a cool bottle of stout. It is high time we end this imperialism.

1 Like

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Nobody: 8:13am On Jul 02, 2015
dearpreye:

Just look around your location. See the blacks as they move about disorderly.....Their topmost priority is food and sex. Nothing more....
grin grin grin...its crazy my bro...imagine the investment of a politician..he builds an estate(service apartments) maybe in lekki or ikoyi, installs heavy duty generators to ensure electricity is constant 24/7..but that same politicians would rule a state and ensure that the state remains in complete black out....that is a typical black nigerian for you ooo preye...and i continue to say it...until we start mobbing these guys one by one, probably inflicting pains on them physically we will remain like this...my problem is people voted this election..nigerians keep voting the same leaders that has kept them in prison for this long...mumu wan kill us,.... grin grin grin...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 02, 2015
IzonOwei:
grin grin grin...its crazy my bro...imagine the investment of a politician..he builds an estate(service apartments) maybe in lekki or ikoyi, installs heavy duty generators to ensure electricity is constant 24/7..but that same politicians would rule a state and ensure that the state remains in complete black out....that is a typical black nigerian for you ooo preye...and i continue to say it...until we start mobbing these guys one by one, probably inflicting pains on them physically we will remain like this...my problem is people voted this election..nigerians keep voting the same leaders that has kept them in prison for this long...mumu wan kill us,.... grin grin grin...

We won't quit if we keep talking this folks. Our leaders reflect us. A backward people produces a backward leadership. A primitive people produces their kind in leadership. And vice versa....

1 Like

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by HRich(m): 8:20am On Jul 02, 2015
Emekamex:
The reverse is the case here.
Lolz. U kwa.
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Nobody: 8:31am On Jul 02, 2015
The black man, believes the white man is a god.

OP, you have passed across a big message to them.

However, if you have to do such, always make sure the White man is escroted by an agile Mopol.
he might handle you in such a way as to impress "oga".

Honestly speaking, Africans are dumb.
Our slavery is by choice.

We need a Mental Revolution,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by MrsAnyanwu(f): 8:40am On Jul 02, 2015
Pls I want to know something, Did d white man eventually join d queue? www.nscdc ,Datz all

1 Like

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by YoungWiseCash: 8:42am On Jul 02, 2015
...... At last what happened??
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by seangy4konji: 8:43am On Jul 02, 2015
Head pass head if you must know...

Mumu story...
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by 400billionman: 8:54am On Jul 02, 2015
Nigerians do not know their rights.

I almost shed a tear at the end of the write up.
Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by Dolypson04(m): 8:57am On Jul 02, 2015
I love d woman who initiated the act. Sorry to say, most Africans are dumb asses. Suffering from inferiority complex since 1800. I don't blame us, it's what we met on ground we are following. So sad!

2 Likes

Re: BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man by omodayomi(f): 8:59am On Jul 02, 2015
good boy! may God open our eyes in Africa. Even when u should join your fellow black to kick against injustice they will gang up against u[color=#770077][/color] embarassed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Calculate Your Income Tax In Nigeria (Ugometrics) / Man Loses The Money In His Saving Box To Fire (Photos) / Zenith Bank Shuts Down Some Branches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.