Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,896 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:48 PM

Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. (10631 Views)

A Critical Analysis Of 2016 Budget / Ranking Of States By Poverty Rates In Nigeria / Ranking Of Nigerian States By Poverty Rates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by scholes0(m): 7:37am On Jul 02, 2015
HopeAtHand:

That was why the Op decided that Lagos be set aside when comparing the SEast and SWest indices because including Lagos will amount to including Hausa, Igbo, Ibibio, et al into general Yoruba index.

The ethnicity thing should be included in next census..The FG is only being mischievous if it claims not to know that Nigeria is not France and ethnicity plays a major role in all spheres of our society.

It helps to get a more accurate breakdown of statistics.

I already agreed with him.... check my earlier post on Page 1. smiley

1 Like

Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by jcross19: 7:37am On Jul 02, 2015
scholes0:

lol... Parmaceuticals, Beverages, Steel companies, Food processing, Cosmetics, Electronics, Cement and Construction, Stock Exchange, Media, Are all MAJORLY based in the SOUTH WEST.
The largest Cement producing region in all All of Africa, is for example Ogun state.
The biggest non Oil investment ever in the history os Nigeria is also in Ogun
Etc.... Etc ....
And you are there talking about boxers production....
I pity you.
are you the owner of the stock exchange? you mentioned is the ogun only the yoruba land? Please , is only cement company that's missing , don't you know the first indigenous car manufacturing is in southeast. And that of stock exchange is a government property and can situated anywhere in nigeria.
Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by omoelesa(m): 7:41am On Jul 02, 2015
jcross19:
can you see yourself? The rate of beggers in your street and touts is alarming because of joblessness. If you like talk to till tomorrow the truth is glaring . What product that's coming from ondo state,osun states,oyo states,ekiti state,ogun states please kindly tell me.
Lagos-ogun Axis Contain 65% Of Indusry In Nigeria(google Is Ur Friend)as Per Osun Ondo Ekiti That Is Where Production Of Coaco From.If U Dont Know Coaco Is Second Largest Foreign Exchange Earning Afer Oil.Can U Tell Me What The Se State Produce?

5 Likes

Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by scholes0(m): 7:41am On Jul 02, 2015
jcross19:
are you the owner of the stock exchange? you mentioned is the ogun only the yoruba land? Please , is only cement company that's missing , don't you know the first indigenous car manufacturing is in southeast. And that of stock exchange is a government property and can situated anywhere in nigeria.

Bwahahahahaha.....
E dey pain you o... gen gen .
You said MENTION ANYTHING produced in Yoruba land..... and I am giving you a non exhaustive list.... now, you want to start placing geographical restrictions on me ....

Dude.... I dont want to have to have to force it down your guts, but the South-West is Nigeria's epicenter..... Lagos has tried, and the baton is being slowly but surely handing over to ogun.
Lagos will focus on services, while Ogun will focus on Industry, Oyo will focus on Commerce (Ibadan comes to mind), Ondo will provide Oil and gas (as it will soon be the No4 largest Oil producer in Nigeria), Ekiti will be a scenic hinterland laden with beautiful hills, and lush countryside ideal for Tourism, and business conferencing, Osun is our Spiritual homeland... ... Allocate function the SE states how it pleases you, Anambra can be your commercial centre while Ebonyi can be your food basket, but that is none of my business.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by jcross19: 7:48am On Jul 02, 2015
omoelesa:
Lagos-ogun Axis Contain 65% Of Indusry In Nigeria(google Is Ur Friend)as Per Osun Ondo Ekiti That Is Where Production Of Coaco From.If U Dont Know Coaco Is Second Largest Foreign Exchange Earning Afer Oil.Can U Tell Me What The Se State Produce?
ahahahhahah can you see for how many years have you check our stock market and see if cocoa is really making it now? Huh please check our stock market. Like what I said the rate of beggers on your street is enough compare to a southeast where everyone is trying to be a man of his own. Government over there know more than you, you just sit down in your room typing rubbish and the government himself know the pillars of this beloved nigeria that's the reason they are force to remain as one.
Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by tonychristopher: 7:48am On Jul 02, 2015
dayo23:
You haven't answer his question, beside Lagos is the headquarter of south west region same way Anambra is to southeast region,so if u are removing Lagos equaly remove Anambra.

don't miseducated people's mind

Enugu is regional capital of east
ibadan is that of west
Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by scholes0(m): 7:51am On Jul 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

don't miseducated people's mind

Enugu is regional capital of east
ibadan is that of west

That was in the Era of Federalism.
Lagos is the Western Headquarters now.

2 Likes

Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 02, 2015
I honestly thought that the poverty rate numbers being almost equal would douse the fire a hit and make everyone come to peaceful terms.

This thread has taken quite a turn already....

1 Like

Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by scholes0(m): 7:56am On Jul 02, 2015
Lovesdaisied:
I honestly thought that the poverty rate numbers being almost equal would douse the fire a hit and make everyone come to peaceful terms.

Don't mind us Jare.....
Nigerians are fiercely ethnocentric cheesy

1 Like

Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by omoelesa(m): 8:01am On Jul 02, 2015
jcross19:
ahahahhahah can you see for how many years have you check our stock market and see if cocoa is really making it now? Huh please check our stock market. Like what I said the rate of beggers on your street is enough compare to a southeast where everyone is trying to be a man of his own. Government over there know more than you, you just sit down in your room typing rubbish and the government himself know the pillars of this beloved nigeria that's the reason they are force to remain as one.
Mr Man Na Wa For U o,i Ask Comon Question U Couldnt Answer.I Put It To U Again What Does Se State Produce? D Real Real Parasite Of Nigeria Are The Se State.

4 Likes

Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by jcross19: 8:05am On Jul 02, 2015
omoelesa:
Mr Man Na Wa For U o,i Ask Comon Question U Couldnt Answer.I Put It To U Again What Does Se State Produce? D Real Real Parasite Of Nigeria Are The Se State.
if southeast are parasite then you are the pest. Japan has no natural resources but they live better than kuwait with oil all over everywhere, think with your brain sir. If the southeast are the problem then let the government leave them alone abi na by force to be one ah aha.
Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 02, 2015
baby124:
Lagos is not SW because of the geographic blah blah nonsense. What are you saying? If it was not a flourishing state in the SW, will people want to live there. When you are creating or measuring anything LAgos is SW, don't delude yourself. Who owns and runs the economy? Your argument makes absolutely no sense, and this thread is extremely stu*pid

What he means is that the wealth in Lagos is a collective effort of people from different tribes and cannot be credited to the West. Minus people from other regions who dwell in Lagos, the poverty level of Lagos will rise.
Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by tonychristopher: 8:13am On Jul 02, 2015
scholes0:

That was in the Era of Federalism. Lagos is the Western Headquarters now.
still no.. you can't jettison ibadan because of brown roofs
Lagos is commercial capital of Nigeria Abuja is the administrative capital of Nigeria river is the energy capital of Nigeria
Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by Biafranqueeen: 8:15am On Jul 02, 2015
Lovesdaisied:

The thread has taken a turn because the OP's analysis is flawed and obviously driven by ethnic sentiments.

The semi literate OP applied the typical SE logic of lies and distortions to produce a lopsided analysis so that it would soothe his ego

Rubbish....

2 Likes

Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by Rad1cal: 8:16am On Jul 02, 2015
omenka:
[s]Arrant nonsense. When we hear of some horrendous robbery incident or some other barbaric crime in Lagos, it becomes a South West and Yoruba state. If it is positive news, it isn't a "typical south west state".

#Hypocrisy[/s].

Spare us your trash , you did not say anything pertaining to the points raised. Why are other SW states not as developed and cosmopolitan as lagos ?
Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by Nobody: 8:16am On Jul 02, 2015
Lovesdaisied:

All of us know that the purpose of this threads was to present the full picture that the other thread omitted. But because it doesnt feed into certain individuals ego, they decided to make trouble to ruin this thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by tonychristopher: 8:17am On Jul 02, 2015
onlinebizinfo:

What he means is that the wealth in Lagos is a collective effort of people from different tribes and cannot be credited to the West. Minus people from other regions who dwell in Lagos, the poverty level of Lagos will rise.

OK let's take touts and street urchins for example I think they are higher in west due to the fact that
there is no good education so those kids turn miscreants and secondly due to Yoruba culture of having too many kids especially out of wedlock you see them not catered for and this is evidence of lack of exposure and education

I think and I know poverty is higher west
Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by tonychristopher: 8:19am On Jul 02, 2015
Rad1cal:

Spare us your trash , you did not say anything pertaining to the points raised. Why are other SW states not as developed and cosmopolitan as lagos ?

even ota and sagamu oh ibadan is off

that's what I keep asking them

why is it that no other state or city in south west is developed or trying to be economically viable
Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by scholes0(m): 8:19am On Jul 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

still no.. you can't jettison ibadan because of brown roofs

Lagos is commercial capital of Nigeria
Abuja is the administrative capital of Nigeria
river is the energy capital of Nigeria

And you can't tell us how to allocate administrative functions in our Region ... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by scholes0(m): 8:20am On Jul 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

OK let's take touts and street urchins for example I think they are higher in west due to the fact that
[s]there is no good education so those kids turn miscreants and secondly due to Yoruba culture of having too many kids especially out of wedlock you see them not catered for and this is evidence of lack of exposure and education [/s]

I think and I know poverty is higher west

Tribal bullshit.....

2 Likes

Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by Rad1cal: 8:21am On Jul 02, 2015
tonychristopher:

even ota and sagamu oh ibadan is off

that's what I keep asking them

why is it that no other state or city in south west is developed or trying to be economically viable

They know the answer but are hell bent on lying to themselves

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by scholes0(m): 8:23am On Jul 02, 2015
onlinebizinfo:

A lot of the Lagos destitutes are also people from other parts of Nigeria.
So what gives?

4 Likes

Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by Nobody: 8:25am On Jul 02, 2015
"I have a dream that one day nigeria will have a real census including ethnicity and religion."

-Martin Luther King, 1965
Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by tonychristopher: 8:26am On Jul 02, 2015
Rad1cal:

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha
I keep asking that question
Asaba is developing because of onitsha Owerri Aba and PH developed because of oil in river state
harlem and queens developed because of new York even Kent developed because of London
why is south west case different
I stay in Lagos and I I'll be in akure so I know these places very well

it boils down to the fact that Lagos was Yoruba making but Nigerian making
Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by tonychristopher: 8:30am On Jul 02, 2015
Rad1cal:

Bwahahahahahahahahahaha
even effurun and sapele developed because of warri why is ota backward
Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by tonytony208(m): 8:30am On Jul 02, 2015
Lovesdaisied:

Are you blind or deliberately ignoring my stated reason for excluding Lagos?

Your reason is steiupid
Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by tonychristopher: 8:32am On Jul 02, 2015
scholes0:

Tribal bullshit.....
how
Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by tonytony208(m): 8:35am On Jul 02, 2015
Lovesdaisied:

Did I say Lagos is not SW?

What is wrong with the Nigerian education system these days?

Nevertheless, your reason for excluding Lagos is steupid. Conclusively, SE is poorer than SW and more than half of the folks in ebonyi are poverty stricken! Your steupid deductions and calculations are for yourself alone. Abuse me and I will rely you.

3 Likes

Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by tonychristopher: 8:37am On Jul 02, 2015
scholes0:

And you can't tell us how to allocate administrative functions in our Region ... undecided

stick to ibadan pls
Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by tonytony208(m): 8:38am On Jul 02, 2015
NAIJASOM:
Op you are correct on your analysis. The inclusion of Lagos in south west statistics always distorts the facts about south west . We all know fully well that Lagos has everybody from all parts of Nigeria and its successes and its failures doesn't represent the living conditions of average southwest natives.

The same problem will happen to Abuja and north central as its population and wealth continues to grow. It will begin to distort the statistics of the north central.

Your reason is steupid. Every part of Nigeria has people of other tribes in them. Oyo and ondo states are good examples. You can as well remove those two states too from SW analysis. Your reasoning is steupid!

5 Likes

Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by omoelesa(m): 8:39am On Jul 02, 2015
jcross19:
if southeast are parasite then you are the pest. Japan has no natural resources but they live better than kuwait with oil all over everywhere, think with your brain sir. If the southeast are the problem then let the government leave them alone abi na by force to be one ah aha.
Thank U For Admiting That Se is A Curse Land With No Natural Resource.As For Biafra U People Should Fight For It Since U People Are Warrior.Nonsence

2 Likes

Re: Southwest Vs Southeast Poverty Rates from UNDP: A Critical Analysis. by tonytony208(m): 8:42am On Jul 02, 2015
scholes0:

Okay, since you have explained that you are analyzing the info, from an ethnic perspective. I will accept the Lagos exclusion, since there is no actual ethnic breakdown of the state's populace.....
On a different note, Oyo and Ebonyi are huge messes that need to be fixed up.
You can as well tell him to remove oyo and ondo states from the SW analysis. Both states are amply populated by Igbo's. His analysis is steupid.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

INEC To Register 200 Political Parties In 2023 - Nigerians React / President Buhari Receives Report Of State Financial Autonomy Panel / Congratulations To Southwest And South South.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.