Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,846 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics (67004 Views)

Allegations Against IGP Shouldn't Be Swept Away Like That Of Magu – PDP / What Could Gov Fayose And Nnamdi Kanu be Discussing? (photo) / 9 Popular Vocabularies In Nigerian Politics Since Buhari Became President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by Freiburger(m): 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I used them all and I'm still alive.

Baba God you do well
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by Hamisu4888(m): 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2015
Oh my God!! I remember a time I often buy for my mother a weven tred.
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by jaymichael(m): 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2015
INTROVERT:
Where is Sprint bubble gum and Trebor? Tandi gurana 3orange men. Sports billy, birdman, ovides videos, telematch, limca?
You truly witnessed the 90s. Do u remember those Bazooka chewing gum that used to have those pictorial cards of those Indians and cowboys adventures?
Those sprint chewing gums, I memorized all their questions and answers and used to challenge anyone to open a complete pack and I will answer all the questions. It used to amaze people.
Life and times is really transient.

1 Like

Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by filjc(m): 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2015
O boy standing stove.... I love standing stove... it was such a bomb then.... wow grin grin
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by back2sender: 2:32pm On Jul 08, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
I used them all and I'm still alive.

Baba God you do well
naa the same class we be , good old days
what about clapperboard TV
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by FOREXMARTS: 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2015
Choi I know each and every of the picture there, used em and watch my sister use the others yet I ain't married, wetin I dey wait for seriously?

By the way why isn't sun top juice there abi OP no know that one?
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by KingAdeOluomo1(m): 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2015
I have seen all n am proud to be a NIGERIAN

God bless Nairaland n SEUN OSEWA for putting smiles on people faces on a daily bases

1 Like

Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by jaymichael(m): 2:35pm On Jul 08, 2015
Mamaflex:
cheesy
I really missed this one.
ceiling fan thread.
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by Freiburger(m): 2:35pm On Jul 08, 2015
***Singing R Kelly if I could turn***
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by jaymichael(m): 2:36pm On Jul 08, 2015
Mamaflex:
cheesy
ceiling fan thread. Human hair version 80s.
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by davidque007(m): 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2015
Cartoon-Spoty and super ted, ovideo, tera hawks, voltron,freakazoid, samurai X etc. DRINKS- brama gwarana, Limca, 25cl coke. TV Shows- Tales by moonlight, Hammer house of horror, checkmate, village head master, things fall apart. Good old memories

4 Likes

Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by saintjoel4: 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2015
liberty300:
A refresher of what life was back in the 90's

WE USED TO HAVE TWO STOVES IN OUR HOUSE JUST LIKE THE ONE IN THE PICTURE AND FROM 91-96,THE IRON,MAGERINE AND PLANTA WERE ALWAYS IN.BOX BACK THEN IN MAYFLOWER SCHOOL IN IKENNE,USED TO PUT COLORED NYLON ON THE BOX TV SCREEN AND THE SCREEN WILL TURN TO YELLOW,THOSE DAYS OF KIDDIE VISION 101,SUPERTED,VOLTRON.WE USED TO LISTEN TO THE MANDATORS,ORITS WILIKI,MAJEK FASHEK,BLACKY ETC.

ANY PARTY WITHOUT SHINA PETERS,DELE TAIWO ETC PLAYING IN YOUR COMPOUND AND YOU WON'T SEE PEOPLE,SNEAKED OUT OF THE HOSTEL TO WATCH U.S.A 94 AND I GOT SIX STROKES THE NEXT DAY BUT IT WAS WORTH IT.

1 Like

Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by dasphinx1(m): 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2015
The good ol days of-

1 Like

Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by babamoha(m): 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2015
Legaycey:
Ede times ede
Remi koni iya
Segun elere bolu
Odabo odabo Kayode
. This show dat na kumapayi primary school you go.just jocking

1 Like

Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by Segunbills(m): 2:38pm On Jul 08, 2015
chai before brazillian hair came and spoilt the market
Mamaflex:
cheesy

Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by Neplusultra(f): 2:39pm On Jul 08, 2015
sukkot:
at that time i done see plenty white people. me na england dem born me and i school dia small before i come naija. but the funny thing is i did not know they were white. i just thought they were human. it was only about 15 years ago that i knew there were black people and there were white people lmao. before then my innocent virgin eyes just saw everyone as the same humans. till i got initiated into the wicked world of racism. so ermmm yes i see plenty white people for tht time but i know no say dem be white people. my innocense is lost cry grin
Lmao! Comot dia u get mouth! grin Well, at dat time wen d world was sane to an extent, one would be excited seeing a whiteman, I was told a German business associate of Pops was visiting wen I was born and was at my christening, saw him only in pics
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by Heart2heart(m): 2:40pm On Jul 08, 2015
Guy your head dey dia!! you be correct old school....
2n2k:

This Titus sardine you posted is not the olden days version. That version had a separate L -shaped key which you would insert in the protruded part of the lid and roll back like a rafia mat. God save you if the protruded part broke before you could roll back.
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by misspicy(f): 2:41pm On Jul 08, 2015
Chai....dis reminders brings tears to my eyes as I remember when things were good.

Good old days

1 Like

Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by nurez(m): 2:41pm On Jul 08, 2015
Okin biscuit!! grin Okin biscuit!!
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by sukkot: 2:42pm On Jul 08, 2015
Neplusultra:
Lmao! Comot dia u get mouth! grin Well, at dat time wen d world was sane to an extent, one would be excited seeing a whiteman, I was told a German business associate of Pops was visiting wen I was born and was at my christening, saw him only in pics
be like say ya pops na the dangote of the 1990s. all these business men from germany just dey come pay homage to am. and hin dey recieve plenty overseas call grin
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by GentleFrank(m): 2:43pm On Jul 08, 2015
Lol, my father refused to throw away that charcoal iron even when I have bought portable luxurious electric irons for him.
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by blackjack21(m): 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2015
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by Segunbills(m): 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2015
how time flies. just remembered how fun childhood was without all this mordern disasters.
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by Plus234(m): 2:45pm On Jul 08, 2015
this

2 Likes

Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by Godspearl(f): 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2015
Mamaflex:
cheesy
Yes o.ceiling fan thread
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by blackboy(m): 2:47pm On Jul 08, 2015
The pictures send a tingle down my spine. Strange memories

1 Like

Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by mayusguy(m): 2:48pm On Jul 08, 2015
I was born in the 80's and i remember all these but i've seen pple born in the 90's having better opinions than pple born even in the 70's . A man(> 40) once said to me that 'Gej should continue cos he's from my side' even tho he agreed that Gej admin performed below average. They're always partisan when it comes to politics, you dont need to be that old b4 knowing the history of Nigeria.
liberty300:
That stove always had blue flames.. Not the nonsense we see today that always blackens our pots with red flames
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by amnesty7: 2:49pm On Jul 08, 2015
Days of innocence. It is so nice remembering these. #nostalgia

1 Like

Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by 989900: 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2015
Mirror in the Sun, Supple Blues, Behind the Clouds, Checkmate, Fortunes, Basi & Company ("madam d madam is a matter of cash" . . . "if you want to be a millionaire, think like a millionaire" ), Ripples, New Masquerade, Fuji House of Commotion, The Village Headmaster, Cockcrow at Dawn, Second Chance, Tales By Moonlight . . .

'Behind the clouds' was my favourite. 'Nosa' was our first 'Ramsey Noah' . . . I remember 'Efe', 'baba Okonzua' . . .

1 Like

Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by Rapmoney(m): 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2015
asadike:
yes my dear. i personally knew d indian, he's a friend of my dad. a very good and kind man. people say he went back with his magic.
Is that u on ur profile? I must come to Anambra! grin
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by Godspearl(f): 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
jaymichael:
ceiling fan thread. Human hair version 80s.
Your head dey there.
Re: if you dont know any of these, you shouldn't be discussing nigerian politics by amnesty7: 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2015
back2sender:

naa the same class we be , good old days
what about clapperboard TV
Are the indomie generations in the house? wink grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Frank Ayade: Governor's Brother With Chicken Bowls (Photo) / Photos From Scene Of Ebonyi "Suicide" Bomb Attack (Graphic Pictures) / Serious Fights Erupt At Filling Stations In Ibadan And Ogun State (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.