Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,032 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? (8333 Views)

Eko Atlantic Is Starting To Rise / First Building On Eko Atlantic City Ready In 24 Months / Pictures From Eko Atlantic Opening Ceremony... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by KnowAll(m): 3:05pm On Mar 04, 2009
@Debosky
The final solution to prevent ocean surges at the bar beach was conceptualised and was completed. wasn't it?

When I was in Naija in March 2007 bar beach over flow abi e get another bar beach we de talk about here. Nothing has been conceptualise neither has anything been completed, the only thing that has been completed is a healthy bank balance for Tinunbu.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by desgiezd(m): 3:12pm On Mar 04, 2009
KnowAll:

@Debosky
The final solution to prevent ocean surges at the bar beach was conceptualised and was completed. wasn't it?

When I was in Naija in March 2007 bar beach over flow abi e get another bar beach we de talk about here. Nothing has been conceptualise neither has anything been completed, the only thing that has been completed is a healthy bank balance for Tinunbu.

AT the time you mentioned, it was only Phase 1 of the project that had been completed, contract for Phase 2 had since been awarded and completed.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by KunleOshob(m): 3:12pm On Mar 04, 2009
KnowAll:

@KunleOshob

To be fair to Tinunbu BRT Buses were his idea, and he had already bought the buses from Brazil, was about to embark on the bus route thing when he handed over to Fashola. Fashola now tackled it as if his life depended and brought it to fruition. it took Tinunbu 7 1/2 years to come up with a brilliant Idea. I will have to agree with u that is a moumental failure in anybody's book. Fashola should not let the fire in him die or else those ideas of his will die.
Even though the BRT scheme is a good idea it was very poorly and stupidly implemented. apart from the fact that the buses he claims are new are actually refurbished tokunbo ( half of them have broken down a year into BRT operations) the idea of putting concrete fences to divide the lanes on Ikorodu road is not only stupid and irresponsible it is purly evil. i live around ikorodu road and i am a witness to the several accidents and lost lives that occured there as a result of the stupdity of one man erecting a fence on a highway.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by desgiezd(m): 3:15pm On Mar 04, 2009
KunleOshob:

Even though the BRT scheme is a good idea it was very poorly and stupidly implemented. apart from the fact that the buses he claims are new are actually refurbished tokunbo ( half of them have broken down a year into BRT operations)

To say those buses are tokunbo is being economical with the truth.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by KunleOshob(m): 3:29pm On Mar 04, 2009
desgiezd:

To say those buses are tokunbo is being economical with the truth.
So what then is the truth I stand my ground that the red marcopolo buses bought by the lagos stae goverment are refurbished tokunbo, i know this for a fact cos i saw them were they were packed before the scheme was luanched and they were obviously refurbished. on the contrary it is the blue buses bought by NURTW(Lagos division) and financed by Ecobank PLC that were brand new. can you imagine agberos (NURTW) buying new buses whilst goverment is buying toks for the same project.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Becomrrich: 3:36pm On Mar 04, 2009
What support are you talking about that Yar adua govt is given Fashola. He is not given fashola any support. Is saying I support you what we go chop.

Me too dey support fashola with mouth.
Is that what fashola want from federal govt? No. What fashola want from Yar adua govt is for Yar adua govt to bear the total cost (100%) of building a metroline in Lagos and for the federal govt to give back 80% of the revenue generated by the federal govt from lagos back.

You dont support a person with mouth, you support with money. but New Benin republic is going to bear 100% the cost of building a metroline in Lagos and the altantic city. Can your Yar adua govt match the New Republic of Benin offer. No? they would rather build it in the North.

So i ask you why should us remain in Nigeria.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by desgiezd(m): 3:37pm On Mar 04, 2009
@ KunleOshob

I disagree with you sir, perhaps you haven't taken a ride in those buses, I mean the Lagbus buses
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by desgiezd(m): 3:41pm On Mar 04, 2009
@ Becomrrich

I guess its about time you educate us more about this your Benin Republic thing. What offers have been made and to whom were the offers made? Have  the offers been accepted?
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by debosky(m): 4:34pm On Mar 04, 2009
KunleOshob:

Is it now not very obvious that tinubu was a colossal failure in Lagos? what he could not achieve in 8 years his boy as achieved in less than two years. And all the excuse the idiot keeps giving that it was OBJ that with held funds is just a bunch of lies that only the most ignorant morons would believe. the funds witheld were local goverment funds and NOT state goverment funds as tinubu and his stupid supporters would like us to believe.
Like Knowall said (making sense for once grin) Let's not turn this into a pro or anti Tinubu issue. For avoidance of doubt, he completed major roads in Lagos, Ikotun-Igando, Lawanson-Itire, Adeola Odeku, Akin Adesola amongst others. He led and completed the redevelopment of roads in Lagos CBD, facilitated the establishment of AES Power amongst others. That said, he did have his shortcomings as well.

I don't really know what a 'colossal failure' implies, but I don't think it is an apt description of Tinubu's administration.

The truth is, whatever Fashola has achieved in his short time is due in part to a large portion of the planning stages taking place before he came in. The Eko Atlantic Project started as a signed agreement back in 2006, which we are now beginning to see in the construction phase. As the video shows, Tinubu is integral to the project.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by KunleOshob(m): 6:05pm On Mar 04, 2009
debosky:

Like Knowall said (making sense for once grin) Let's not turn this into a pro or anti Tinubu issue. For avoidance of doubt, he completed major roads in Lagos, Ikotun-Igando, Lawanson-Itire, Adeola Odeku, Akin Adesola amongst others. He led and completed the redevelopment of roads in Lagos CBD, facilitated the establishment of AES Power amongst others. That said, he did have his shortcomings as well.

I don't really know what a 'colossal failure' implies, but I don't think it is an apt description of Tinubu's administration.

The truth is, whatever Fashola has achieved in his short time is due in part to a large portion of the planning stages taking place before he came in. The Eko Atlantic Project started as a signed agreement back in 2006, which we are now beginning to see in the construction phase. As the video shows, Tinubu is integral to the project.

If it was tinubu that is meant to implement the mega city project, it would never see the light of day, the idoit promised us 4th mainland bridge, lekki coastal road, metroline for eight years and as at the time he left they had not even done the engineering design talkless of awarding the contract, the man is just a noise maker. As per the few roads he repaired, i am still highly unimpressed considering the vast amount of resources at his disposal and he can only claim to have repaired a few roads. is that supposed to be an achievement or did he use his father's money to repair them? It is sheer mediocrity to celebrate this very basic and insignificant achievements. the same time he was making noise in lagos we saw the giant strides a much poorer governor (Donald duke) was making in cross rivers state and he has the audacity to say he fixed roads. Any goverment that cannot develop it's people and move them to the next level like Duke deed or Fashola is now doing is not worthy of any celebration.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by arojamanja: 10:18pm On Mar 04, 2009
@Lucabrasi from Manchester, UK.
If you took you time to read my post you will understand I was stating my view and how I feel based on govt track records as well as what our priorities are. My point was the project is a misplaced priority, living in Lagos (as I noticed you don't) there are more that people need than EKO Atlantic. Good jobs, affordable accomodation, health care, security, and education for our children just to name a few.
It was in no way I compared Obama to Fashola, and I wouldn't have a reason to do so (obvious reasons). I was just quoting Obama. "All this will “create or preserve about 3 – 4 Million Jobs” (quoting Obama’s job creation plan), seriously there is going to be sanity in Lagos if the money is invested in some of my list and I hope the ‘Chinese’ won’t be taking the project too (keep it local)."
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Becomrrich: 5:40am On Mar 05, 2009
yes , you want to find out about the republic of benin project.

What we want is that the area on the map. which consist of some nigeria state become part of benin republic. and benin republic would still be a sovereign state, with the united nation status and a president and would have a co-relationship with Nigeria. It would be two countries in one.

Nigeria Benin .

We would have the same currency.

Benin would have and retain a president.
Benin would retain thier united nation staus as a country and operate its laws.
while Nigeria Benin would have a president.

Benin would retain its sovereign and it is an expanded benin, a new benin republic. it would be a country inside Nigeria Benue.

But will have not trading barriers.

Benin would have its own Ministry of Agriculture & Water Resources
Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Ministry of Culture, Tourism and National Orientation
Ministry of Defence
Ministry of Education
Ministry of Energy
Ministry of Environment, Housing and Urban Development
Ministry of Finance
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Ministry of Health
Ministry of Information & Communications
Ministry of Interior
Ministry of Justice
Ministry of Labour
Ministry of Mines and Steel Development
Ministry of Science and Technology
Ministry of Transportation
Ministry of Women Affairs
Ministry of Youth Development

Thier would also be ministries for Nigeria Benin

Federal Unified Ministry of Agriculture & Water Resources
Federal Unified Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Federal Unified Ministry of Culture, Tourism and National Orientation
Federal Unified Ministry of Defence
Federal Unified Ministry of Education
Federal Unified Ministry of Energy
Federal Unified Ministry of Environment, Housing and Urban Development
Federal Unified Ministry of Finance
Federal Unified Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Federal Unified Ministry of Health
Federal Unified Ministry of Information & Communications
Federal Unified Ministry of Interior
Federal Unified Ministry of Justice
Federal Unified Ministry of Labour
Federal Unified Ministry of Mines and Steel Development
Federal Unified Ministry of Science and Technology
Federal Unified Ministry of Transportation
Federal Unified Ministry of Women Affairs
Federal Unified Ministry of Youth Development

When there is clash in the federal law on benin area, the benin law takes over.since they are a full countries. but joint law would still be there and benin can over ride any law it want. Benin shall keep its military. The military shall be separate. benin shall keep its capital and embassy.

would be back.

Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by jamace(m): 7:45am On Mar 05, 2009
Eko Atlantic City will not happen. Fashola wants to do all these things in 4 or maybe 8 years

1. Eko Atalntic City
2. Lekki Free trade zone incorpoating an airport in Lekki
3. 10 LANE Motorway to Badary so that development would move from the Lekki corridor to the Badagry corridor.
4. 4th Mainland Bridge
5. 2 Light rail blue and red line
6. New Lekki City

The man should just do one and leave the rest, he has not got the time to do all these projects and I doubt if he has the money, which means all these projects might be a pipe dream.

I strongly agree with you. A project completed is worth more than 20 on paper. grin
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by meexteriox(m): 8:01am On Mar 05, 2009
Going through the eko atlantic site, basically, this project from what i could deduce
would be largely funded by the private sector. I think we should give this man a chance
to really execute most of this project as highlighted so far. Political will is paramount in
executing projects like this.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by KunleOshob(m): 9:59am On Mar 05, 2009
Becomrrich:

When there is clash in the federal law on benin area, the benin law takes over.since they are a full countries. but joint law would still be there and benin can over ride any law it want. Benin shall keep its military. The military shall be separate. benin shall keep its capital and embassy.
This guy must be on some very cheap substances, the population of the whole of benin is not up to a third of the population of lagos alone talk less of the other states. The economy of etiosa local government is bigger than the whole of the so called country, is anythting at all nigeria should just annex benin republic and make it a local goverment. Can you imagine benin law taking over Nigerian law angry
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by mogentle(m): 1:34pm On Mar 05, 2009
@KunleOshob
All your comments are anti progressive. I thought u are more intelligent than this.
So you could not see anything good done by Tinubu Govt.
Pls How many o the former governors have a solid achiever like Fashola as their successor?
Kunle, you are a pessimist who may never recognise a good thing even if it's at the tip of his finger,
learn to appreciate an achiever.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by fatherab1: 2:50pm On Mar 05, 2009
I dont know why many Nigerians have narrow minds.
Is it not in Dubai an african city that the tallest building on earth is been built? Because of such giant developments, foremost world firms are relocating from america to dubai. A good example is Halliburton.

Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by mustafar1: 2:54pm On Mar 05, 2009
father ab:

I dont know why many Nigerians have narrow minds.
Is it not in Dubai an african city that the tallest building on earth is been built? Because of such giant developments, foremost world firms are relocating from america to dubai. A good example is Halliburton.

shocked shocked shocked is that what your geography teacher taught you or did you pick that out of thin air?
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by jamace(m): 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2009
is that what your geography teacher taught you or did you pick that out of thin air?
grin grin

Just understand with the guy. You know, NL is a place were you can be provoked to the extent that even your subconscious mind will overtake your conscious mind. Na mind virus cause the error. grin grin
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by fatherab1: 3:06pm On Mar 05, 2009
@ Mustafar, Everyone else
Sorry for that mistake
However dubai doesnt have to be in Africa for Nigeria to achieve such giant strides.
Besides, this Eko Atlantic is a 'small' project compared with what is going on in other small Nations in our economic cadre.

Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by mustafar1: 3:09pm On Mar 05, 2009
jamace:

grin grin

Just understand with the guy. You know, NL is a place were you can be provoked to the extent that even your subconscious mind will overtake your conscious mind. Na mind virus cause the error. grin grin

me sef dey think am say something evil must have prompted his innocent self to do such a thing.  grin grin if to say na becomerich talk am now. i for try believe because him go support am with map of benin republic.

father ab:

@ Mustafar, Everyone else
Sorry for that mistake
However dubai doesnt have to be in Africa for Nigeria to achieve such giant strides.
Besides, this Eko Atlantic is a 'small' project compared with what is going on in other small Nations in our economic cadre.

i hear you my broda, i no vex at all. but just no dey talk that kind thing like say na fact abeg. i almost thought it was ME reading wrong.

as per your point, i understand but some projects are more important than others. 4th mainland bridge would be a lot more useful at this time T.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by KunleOshob(m): 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2009
mogentle:

@KunleOshob
All your comments are anti progressive. I thought u are more intelligent than this.
So you could not see anything good done by Tinubu Govt.
Pls How many o the former governors have a solid achiever like Fashola as their successor?
Kunle, you are a pessimist who may never recognise a good thing even if it's at the tip of his finger,
learn to appreciate an achiever.
Granted Tinubu as one achievement, and that is fashola that apart he was a collosal disaster and noise maker. if you guys have the faintest idea of how much the bastard looted Lagos state you would not be talking like this. Just think how come Fashola is able to achieve so much in such a little time with the same resources( discounting inflation) tinubu had. The moroon just did a few roads and spent billions on advertizing his under achievement, yet some of you are gullible enough to give him credit. Compared to the resources he had at his disposal his achievements pale into insignificance
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by fatherab1: 3:49pm On Mar 05, 2009
There is nothing that is not possible. Anything that is small enough to enter your mind is small enough to enter your hand.

I desire several high-profile projects to be achieved in Nigeria. The government cannot provide everything for the masses. The only thing it needs to do is to provide the framework or better put platform where investors and crazy dreamers like me can foist their dreams to reality. I know a wretched brigde buit in 1973 thereabout before I was born in Kogi state. All I need is the governor's approval to build a world-class suspension bridge and mount tolls to recoup my investments over 10-15 years. But this gov is not like Fashola.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by deb(m): 4:35pm On Mar 05, 2009
First and foremost, UNILAG is a federal university.!!!!!!!!!!!
LASU (which is owned by lagos state has seen a facelift in recent yrs). Their teaching hospital has been heavily equipped.
Enough with all these unnecessary rants. If you're not sure of whats going on in Lagos, don't make any unnecessary statements.
Who told you that education and the other things are not being addressed.
Eko atlantic city is just the icing on the cake. Last time i checked, it's a freaking Private initiative so what the heck.
Roads are being built everyday in Lagos, solar streetlights are being fixed, u hardly see dirts littering the streets anymore.
Even cases of armed robbery have declined drastically. There was a time when you couldn't drive good cars in lagos due to robbers.
There is construction going on everywhere in lagos. This has led to a lot of people being employed. LAWMA employs people as well.
I think we really need to shut the f up and realize that steps are being taken to improve lagos. It's a gradual process.

I love you man! you just bared my mind

Eko Atlantic City will not happen. Fashola wants to do all these things in 4 or maybe 8 years

1. Eko Atalntic City
2. Lekki Free trade zone incorpoating an airport in Lekki
3. 10 LANE Motorway to Badary so that development would move from the Lekki corridor to the Badagry corridor.
4. 4th Mainland Bridge
5. 2 Light rail blue and red line
6. New Lekki City

The man should just do one and leave the rest, he has not got the time to do all these projects and I doubt if he has the money, which means all these projects might be a pipe dream.

At least the man has vision.
You should be supporting him not condemning him. Mind you, did you say all that you mentioned cannot be completed in 8years?
I think you are too used to the corrupt system of the ordinary Nigerian government that is why you cannot see the possibility.

We have more than enough to complete these projects we are just too dellusioned to believe anything tangible can come out of our country
because we are used to our government declaring N10billion budget for a N1million project.

Change your thinking and you life will change!
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by deb(m): 4:44pm On Mar 05, 2009
Granted Tinubu as one achievement, and that is fashola that apart he was a collosal disaster and noise maker. if you guys have the faintest idea of how much the bastard looted Lagos state you would not be talking like this. Just think how come Fashola is able to achieve so much in such a little time with the same resources( discounting inflation) tinubu had. The moroon just did a few roads and spent billions on advertizing his under achievement, yet some of you are gullible enough to give him credit. Compared to the resources he had at his disposal his achievements pale into insignificance

@KunleOshob

For the first time on Nairaland I will agree with you. Tinubu as governor was a good noise maker and he used his most precious gift, selling,
to sell himself to Lagosian. He did nothing tangible. Fashola's short term achievement far outweighs anything Tinubu has ever done on earth.
I refused to be brainwashed by Tinubu. He was a complete failure and a noise maker.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Becomrrich: 6:09pm On Mar 06, 2009
more pic.

What fashola has to know is that an average american can not affort to live in Lagos. more than 70% of American population can not affort to live in Lekki.

And 85% of American can not buy a house in Lekki. So what does that tell you .

Development must have a humanface.

Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by MP007(m): 11:14pm On Mar 06, 2009
so the government should use the money to buy food for the people abi? food! thats all they know,  a reasonable governor is trying to kill two birds with one stone: 1 build a business district in lagos put y'all ignorant asxes on the business map and at the same time prevent the flooding of  vicctoria island yall here talking abt food, idiot!
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by spikedcylinder: 11:29am On Mar 07, 2009
This should not be turned to a case of pro Tinubu.
Who started the projects has no juice in this case. What the people want is that the projects are initiated and completed.
I believe there are enough signs to show that these projects will be completed.

To the poster that doubts the completion of the projects :

The 10 lane lekki-expwy will definitely be completed. Its a private project. They've already started building the toll booth right before lekki phase 1 roundabout. (i'm in the country now so i should know). They've cleared roads all the way from mobil house to VGC. This is a done deal.

The light rail/badagry expwy will be completed. They've already marked houses for demolition along this route. The only thing that can stop these projects is the current financial crunch. Nothing else.

Work is already in progress at the lekki free trade zone. You need to be there before misyaning. They're building another sea port there as well.
Why do you think they are keen on the Lekki - expwy project. Of what use will the lekki free zone be if people can't get there in 4hrs of lagos traffic.

Work will also soon commence on the Lekki International Airport- a completely private funded consortium. wink
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by spikedcylinder: 12:01pm On Mar 07, 2009

This is ridiculous. If Fashola indeed takes your advice, people will accuse him of stream lining government money into a particular project he desires. They will say he's closed minded and not open to ideas. One can never win, can one? undecided

Besides this, every lay man knows there are about 6 stages of project planning and management. Even if Fashola brings these projects to life, there's still the tedious and sometimes overlooked task of maintenance. Just thought to mention.
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Becomrrich: 12:43pm On Mar 07, 2009
business district

business district, are you serious,  should it be at the cost of the poor, why dont fashola go to ikoyi and pull it down,  ?  look ikoyi is the best place to build a business district. because the people of ikoyi can affort to build new houses. this poor people can not affort to do the same.

i am a person who is not scared to speak the truth. i have even been told not to come down to nigeria because i may be arrested and charge or killed , but i would not stop to speak the truth. even i would speak against yar adua, i would speak against pastor adeboye if i find out he is wrong. because we would give account of what we do on earth. Go and find out i critic even pastor adeboye sometime. i do not support evil. i dont care who they are. i do not seek favour from men but from God. if fashola like , he should not like me. but i have to tell him the truth.

how do you redesign lagos, where do you want this people to live. they worked all thier lifes to build a place to take care of thier family. fashola comes to destroy it without providing an alternative. we are talking of fellow yorubas. What he is trying to do is make some people who are already rich richer and make the poor poorer.

Is the business district for the poor or rich? the answer is for the rich, yes it is for the rich.

I am not saying dont break people home but provide them with alternative resident. Fashola have been in power for 2 years  and 10 years fashola have been in govt of lagos as SSG and governor of lagos,  10 years fashola have been there to do this. . give him enough time to build alternate houses for this people before the project started.  I am not saying that fashola should not continue but he as to provide alternative for people as he build business district for the very rich.

If I become the governor of lagos state, i believe we have to rebuild lagos, yes but have fashola seen the satellite picture, if he as, they have to look at the satellite pictures to redesign lagos , it does not need too much to destroy people homes to lagos. it takes vision. if fashola does not believe. I dont have the time to help him use computer to design lagos.  except if he can pay me to do that and send the pictures to him.

You some time do not need dual road to make lagos beautiful. In the city of toronto. the downtown was initially not planned. but come see it now. you would be shock, it look plan. but it was initially not plan.

Fashola should consider very well. the idea of one way road. it is the way to go. and also fashola can make billions . i mean 2 times what he makes now for lagos , if he use one way road and this he does not have to destroy too people homes.   If I become the governor of lagos state, i would make one way road and not try to force dual system. Any good engineer would tell you for a city like lagos. one way road should be the best option, since lagos was not pre plan.

One way is more effective than the dual system and you would still get the same effect and it is even faster than dual system.

on the light rail. i would not do it the way fashola is doing it. i would locate the rail system out of lagos. and introduce bus route to this location.  i dont have time to draw map.

It is too late to cry, the demage is already done. My question now is what would fashola do now to help this families he as destroy thier lifes and futures.  he should look at destroying Ikoyi houses as use it for  business district.  You see most of the homes in ikoyi are rich and this people can affort to build another houses in lagos. while if you force the people in ikoyi to redesign thier home into business district. you would be shock with the type of houses that would come up with. and most road is alreay plan.

And if you make ikoyi a business district, most of the owner can affort to build new houses in other area of lagos , like the yorubas would say, ile oba ti ojo, ewa lo bu si.

My question now is what would fashola do now to help this families he as destroy thier lifes and futures.  This is what we want to see fashola , please help this people. they need help,  he has destroy thier lifes and God have put power in his hand that he can also build it.

01) 416 904 5008  nigeriamail@hotmail.com
Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Becomrrich: 1:03pm On Mar 07, 2009
There is what in management we call idea set. 

And using idea set, can you imagine if fashola force the people of ikoyi to turn thier homes into "business district"  . how do you think that ikoyi would look like. it would be very beautiful. you would find skyscapper all around. because the people of ikoyi can affort to build skyscapper.

the best location to have business district is ikoyi. Fashola would be shock by the type of houses the rich in ikoyi would come up with. look can you imagine you destroy okoya thomas home . From what i know about okoya thomas, he loves building houses, he would be force to build a skyscapper in ikoyi, if he see that ikoyi is now a business district.

fashola should try to see thru my idea. ikoyi is the best place to have a business district, because people in ikoyi can affort to move and rebuild. And you would be shock, what number of skyscapper the people of ikoyi would build on thier land if he turns it into business district.

The money in lagos is in the hand of the people of ikoyi, and they would use it to build skyscappers, and not this poor people who have no money.

this is the picture of ikoyi in 3 years.

Re: Eko Atlantic Is This For Real? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 07, 2009
I wish da besT for LAGOS !

EKO ONI BAJE!!! grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nzeogwu Coup: Letters Written By Major Anuforo / We Won’t Relent Till Kanu Regains Freedom — Ohaneze Assures Ndigbo / Uzodinma Presents N381bn Budget To Imo Assembly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.