Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,727 members, 7,820,518 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General (50336 Views)

Saraki, Lawal Musa-Daura, Bashir Abubakar At Aso Rock Villa (Photos) / SSS Director General A “card-carrying APC Member” — PDP / Lawal Musa Daura, The New SSS Director General's Profile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by Dollyak(f): 6:10pm On Jul 02, 2015
sukkot:
whats your dad ? cuz you are what your dad is. so is your dad igbo ?
Rubbish, only applies to Nigeria. My dad is Yoruba
Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by rusher14: 6:10pm On Jul 02, 2015
When it comes to security you select whoever you are comfortable with.

The height of stupidity, would be to have a security operative in your team, who actually plays for the opposition. Yet, you leave him to sit pretty because of what people might say.

It's still early days regarding appointments therefore making comments for me would be too hasty.

With a change of government comes an injection of new blood.

It is only expected that heads would roll. Marilyn... you know every.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by derolemode(m): 6:11pm On Jul 02, 2015
kokoA:
When GEJ was appointing south everywhere nkor? Abeg now na dia turn, make dem enjoy ojare.
Are u in Nigeria at all?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by Kc3000: 6:14pm On Jul 02, 2015
Lmao. . .see gobe! The zookeeper is gradually showing his true colors.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by Malawian(m): 6:15pm On Jul 02, 2015
deadie:
Dullardinh0 Gaucho.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

to me, all yorubas should have been named "Durlardipo Oderinde". grin grin grin
saves us the trouble having to identify them one after the other during election period.
the annoying thing was how they went and brought all their aged population to vote first before others in the queue, thereby wasting all the time.
as at 7pm on that presidential election day, more than half of my poling unit had not yet voted. some had to forget everything and went home.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by sukkot: 6:17pm On Jul 02, 2015
Dollyak:

Rubbish. Yoruba
ok so you are yoruba. so why are you beefing buhari ? buhari is down with the yorubas. the VP is yoruba and a couple of other appointments. and he and fashola are tight padis. so why are you beefing the man ? abeg make una no stress my buhari ooo

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by Seawhy(m): 6:18pm On Jul 02, 2015
Federal character should be respected.
Appointment to federal positions should be by states

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by sweetgala(m): 6:19pm On Jul 02, 2015
taharqa:

The thunder that is going to blow ya Bladdi lying head to pieces don finish e press- up and it's own it's way.

Which 6 main ministers are you talking about?? I can think of the 3 most "powerful" ministers in most countries, possibly including Nigeria - Attorney General, Defence, and maybe Finance. Of these 3, 2 were northerners while only 1 was a southerner during the tenure of GEJ. Even if you added two other 'powerful' ministers like Interior and Petroleum, it was a northerners and a southern occupying both positions respectively. Where and how were the 6 top ministerial seats occupied by southerners under GEJ??

You CLOWNS wud never be allowed to mess up GEJ cos of the disgraceful conduct of ya Lord and master presently. Make una face the present quagmire alone

Ministries not civil service
Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by hamilton62(m): 6:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
ocelot2006:

You seem to have forgotten that regardless of who we voted for, GMB was chosen to lead ALL of us. So we 12 million who voted against the Daura President (for good reason) equally have a say in this "scene", especially when DD is slowly proving to be a confirmed tribalist, a move that will definitely not augur well for the nation.
I never voted for PMB because i have my reasons and know him to be a lot that many won't agree because they needed a scapegoat which they got... i respect the Position of the presidency knowing that the will of God has overruled mine on the poll but i will stand for him till he proves beyond reasonable doubt of his tribalism, bigotry and none forgiven perspective once more, so to me; it is too early to cry foul...
I Pray for a better Nigeria if there be continuity under him because we have all to gain if he does well but is taking more that the grace they, APC gave to GEJ with a lot of foul cry....
Mind you, nothing stops me for saying the truth because only truth sets on free...
God bless you!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by danlamiturawa(m): 6:20pm On Jul 02, 2015
In oda view, if e no sweet ur bele, strait 2 lagoon abeg
Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by iffydave: 6:22pm On Jul 02, 2015
BUHARI'S APPOINTMENTS SO FAR •
1. INEC AG.CHAIRMAN - Amina Zakari - North • 2. HEAD of Dept. of Pet. Res.(DPR) Mordecai Ladan - North 3. Account-General of Federation - Ahmed Idris - North 4. CSO - Abdulrahman Mani - North 5. State Chief of Protocol - Lawal Kazaure - North 6. ADC - Lt. Col Mohammed Abubakar - North • 7. SSA Media & Publicity - Garba Shehu -North • 8. SA Media & Publicity - Femi Adeshina - South • 9. CoS -Col. Hamid Ali - North 10.DG SSS - Lawal Daura- North
He belongs to the Northerners, and Northerners belong to him. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 02, 2015
Abeg make una leave dem na thr turn, wen Jona dey appoint SS una no talk abi, see una eyes, Jona tanoids.
Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by ahaika23: 6:31pm On Jul 02, 2015
I'm loving this! If I hear any mumu yoloba complain, make that ediot just die asap!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by Rotimi47: 6:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
dotcomnamename:
President Muhammadu Buhari has sacked the Director General of the State Security Service, Ita Ekpenyong.

In his place, he has appointed Lawal Musa Daura as new head of the agency, which services as Nigeria’s secret police. The appointment was conveyed today in a letter by the Head of Civil Service of the Federation, Barrister Danladi Kifasi.
Lawal Musa Daura was born in Daura on the 5th of August, 1953. He attended Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria from 1977 – 1980. He started his carrier in the State Security Service in 1982 and rose to the rank of Director.

He was at one time the Deputy Director Presidential Communication, Command and Control Centre at the Presidential Villa Abuja between 2003 and 2007. He also served as the State Director of Security Service at various times in Kano, Sokoto, Edo, Lagos, Osun and Imo States.
He attended various professional courses both home and abroad including the National Institute for Policy and Strategic Studies, (NIPSS) Kuru.
The appointment is with immediate effect.

More to come….

SOURCE: http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/185978-breaking-buhari-sacks-sss-director-general-appoints-replacement.html
Another PDP gone, still counting.
Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by Fourwinds: 6:34pm On Jul 02, 2015
Goldmaxx:
am very sad with buhari,When gej was president he appointed both north and south.Am not happy cry
how many. appointment has he made so far to warrantly ur conclusion
Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by Rotimi47: 6:35pm On Jul 02, 2015
ahaika23:
I'm loving this! If I hear any mumu yoloba complain, make that ediot just die asap!
Mumu dey smell, what's this flat head our oyel saying?
Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by Hero10001: 6:38pm On Jul 02, 2015
sosanova:
[size=13pt] grin grin grin Northern tinz.....na to go convert to Northerners na im be the Koko now [/size]
Omo, i never see a jobless educated a.b.oki oh.
Weh certificate dey waste for we SW!
Chai! Na north tins o

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by ZUBY77(m): 6:42pm On Jul 02, 2015
This is what Ojukwu saw in 1966.
He was a prophet.

Awolowo would be crying in the grave by now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by ZUBY77(m): 6:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
kokoA:
Are GEJ's appointees not still serving? How many has PMB replaced? If you call 7 out of hundreds of appointments yet to be made "northernization" of Nigeria then you are just being biased.. Wait till the man is done with all his appointments.

Well as an idiottt, you want us to wait until Buhari appoints 97 Northerners before we talk.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by securi: 6:45pm On Jul 02, 2015
The change is here! This is just the begining, na wa o!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by Sunnybobo3(m): 6:48pm On Jul 02, 2015
Largas:
government of the north, for the north, by the north.

this dullard called president buhari is tribalized.

When we said it before election, they said we were lying.

Let's all enjoy the Change.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by cunlay007(m): 6:49pm On Jul 02, 2015
I would urge everyone to be patience and let's do away with with tribalistic innuendo and jabs most of us wouldn't query our father and mother when they favour our other siblings over us,let wait and get a clearer picture then we can conclude even the south westerners complained abt how GEJ sidelined them for many years,we should be even more concerned with competent hands rather than zoning.......thanks

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jul 02, 2015
LadyFiona:

This is going to be a Daura republic.
Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by PMBfirstson(m): 6:52pm On Jul 02, 2015
That's a very sensitive position that he has to entrust it to thoes he knows and trust because of security reasons
Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by Armaggeddon: 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2015
This is belated. Well, it is better to be late than never. Ita Ekpenyong was unprofessional during GEJ and didn't show remorse and reallign his loyalty when PMB came in to show that he was only protecting his job during GEJ. The sack is a welcome one and he must be investigated by ICPC for the effrontery displayed.
Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by arsetalks(m): 6:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
I am a big fan of the president but this madness is just getting "maddening" now. There is definitely other regions in the map of the country not only the north.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by Duletion(m): 6:59pm On Jul 02, 2015
Good change singers never see anything. Very soon we go bar Amaechi Iscariot from south south

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by ekefre4(m): 7:00pm On Jul 02, 2015
Im begining 2 buy d idea of BIAFRA

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by AfroBlue(m): 7:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
section 6 of the constitution spells it out. takes about 5 minutes or less to read.

NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCIES ACT

http://lawnigeria.com/LawsoftheFederation/NATIONAL-SECURITY-AGENCIES-ACT.html

6. Instruments relating to the advisory councils, the structure, etc., of the Agencies

The President may by an instrument under his hand make provisions with respect to the following matters, that is to say-

(a) the composition, membership and appointment to the advisory councils established by section 5 (1) of this Act;
Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by funkybully(f): 7:03pm On Jul 02, 2015
Any yolobad bagger that complain here, amadioha finish am. This is d change u ppl want.

Buhari is a hardcore tribalist that hardly hide his bigotry. He never regarded SE as part of Nigeria, that's y on two occasion He never campaigned in SE. If not thiefnubuu and his SW media gang that tried selling that goat to south He believed He can get power using only northern votes.

He is Yet to start unfolding his northern agenda, wait till ministerial lists are out.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by rockmanpaschal(m): 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
na God go save us from buhari's tribalism

1 Like

Re: Buhari Appoints Lawal Musa-Daura As SSS Director General by Burger01(m): 7:05pm On Jul 02, 2015
BabaO2:

what is your problem? Is Ita Ekpeyong not from SS as Jonathan?
Don't mind him. Buhari should appoint the best. What we need is a job well done. Jonathan appointed Ita Ekpeyong form SS and I don't see anything wrong if Buhari appointed a trusted person from the North. The SSS director post is very sensitive and risky.smiley

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Break Down Of September 2016 Allocation To States / Boy Recreates Governor Ganduje Dollars Bribery Video. Nigerians React / Willy Obiano Warns Nnamdi Kanu: Steer Clear Of Anambra Elections Or Risk Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.