Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,292 members, 7,815,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:41 PM

Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board (29082 Views)

Say No To Eye Service In Niger State Electricity / God Bless Okonji Iweala: Apc / Going To The West To Beg As Victims Can't Solve Our Problems - Okonji-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by Carmal90(m): 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
Thank GOD that he is my oga at ministry of energy and mineral resources.....should i follow him to state electricity board?
Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by TeamSimple(m): 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
Johnsinia:

See the way u r boasting of hw money fly entered into Obj pocket and then to Shagari's pocket without any shame. Let me ask u, hw much entered ur own pocket? This further comfirm that slavery is in una blood. An average Igboman careless u rule or not, they r only interested in their own account and wellbeing instead of being slave to any thief politician and that's what makes them unique, strong and independent. Okorocha or any Igbo politician can go n become the presidnt, dats good but how those dat increase my account figures. No wonder a larger percentage of people from the SW n north are beggers despite producing more president than other region. My Malu slave friend, u better wake-up and stop being a slave to thieves that share money among themselves and start living ur life independently like my brothers in SE.
I don't need to brag with you,you think everyone that spends time on nairaland is a pauper. Apart from my family background which I thank God for,my personal business in Clothing alone should definitely feed you and couple of your clan for two weeks withou bringing in earnings from my fire wood business. Probably you older than me but suffered from several mental setbacks,hence the way you reason. Google is your guilde,go on and use your mb for something valuable,stop being ignorant and go check the level of poverty of each region then you come back to quote me with valid points.
Your region has suffered too much. Your region 'slaved' under OBJ for 8yrs(southwest),Under Yaradua for 2years(north),under GEJ for 6yrs(southsouth) and now another 4yrs under Buhari (north). Your tribe must be exhausted of serving the nation.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by bigfrancis21: 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2015
Mapletraks:

^^^^^^^^
@bigfrancis21

Your post about the Yoruba not being good
in commerce is VERY misleading and YOU
need to expand your knowledge about
other people as a Mod. on Nairaland! Re-read
your post again and you will become AWARE
that you sound condescending on the
subconscious level by saying the Yoruba
will sell there shops to your kinsmen. This
statement is UNCALLED for as a Nairaland
Mod.

There are Yoruba sub-groups that are known
for their business sagacity and acumen such
as the Ijesas and Ejigbo people of Osun, the
Ijebus, the Igbominas, and even among
several sub-groups of the Yoruba, You have
highly successful entrepreneurs among the
Ibadan people, Ekitis, Aworis of Lagos and
Ogun States, the Ondo Town people as well
as the Ogbomosos who are into a variety
of commercial activities and even have their
town unions in diffetent parts of Nigeria and
in the Diaspora.

In 1987, I flew on board a Nigeria Airways
A310 [one of the 4 that the national airline
had just purchased] for an international
conference at Hotel d'Ivoire in the beautiful
city of Abidjan from Lagos. I was stunned to
see a large number of male and female
Yoruba traders and business people living
and doing business in Ivory Coast. Many had
been living there for decades and spoke very
fluent French. The same thing is replicated
all over Central and West Africa where you
find thousands of Yoruba who are involved
in big commercial activities.

Ambassador Dele Cole from Rivers State,
who is the father of Tonye Cole, one of the
co-founders of Sahara Energy also wrote
a book which he launch this year about the
History of the Yoruba and their way of life,
and in the 3-part series he wrote in The
Guardian as well he clearly mentioned
the enterprising skills of the Yoruba and
their business presence in several West
African countries.

Sir Allan Burns also mentioned 4 advanced
civilizations in pre-colonial Nigeria. Benin
Empire, Oyo Empire, Kanem Bornu Empire,
and the Sokoto Caliphate. The mastery of
long-distance trading with other Empires in
West Africa such as Mali Empire, the Ashanti,
North Africa via Nupeland and the Hausa
States, etc, is what gave the Yoruba (Oyo Oba)
or Oyo Empire the power and economic ascendancy.

For over 200 years, the Yoruba have had a
strong trading presence in Ghana just like the
Hausa in Northern Ghana. The CIA Country Facts Website
lists over a million Yoruba as being citizens
of Ghana along with Hausas as well!
The late business mogul, Sir Mobolaji
Bank-Anthony was born in Kinshasa, in the then
Belgian Congo, because he came from a
family of enterprising merchants.

So, it is misleading for you to say that the
Yoruba cannot compete in commerce because
from my studies of the business/trading history
of several ethnicities in Nigeria and globally,
nobody has the monopoly of the knowledge of
commerce except if you have some clanishness
like in the diamond industry where a larger
market percentage is controlled by a few people
of Israeli/Jewish descent right from the
middle-ages.

I totally get your point. I was expecting someone to say something in defense, apparently against the obvious. But I need you to understand something here because I see you misunderstood my post. I NEVER said Yorubas were not into commerce or trading neither did I say they were not entrepreneurial. If I did say so, please point it out to me. Any objective person who reads my post would readily infer that I was saying that Igbos are more enterprising in nature than Yorubas, and by virtue of that trait, will gradually take over the new Ladipo market after its construction. There you went bringing up needless articles about some figure who wrote about Yoruba entrepreneurship in a few African countries, without understanding my post in the first place. In the whole of Nigeria, no tribe is known to be aggressively commercial or into business than the Igbo. Walk up to any random person on the streets of Nigeria, ask them which tribe in Nigeria is known for commerce or business and hear a full resounding IGBO. 10 out of 10 random persons would readily tell you IGBO without thinking twice. Which tribe comes second? Most would tell you HAUSA, maybe Yoruba third if not Fulani. The Yorubas, by nature, are not known to be GENERALLY enterprising, except for some sub-tribes of them (Ijebus or so). Are Yorubas known to leave their lands in migration to other corners of Nigeria to establish businesses or to search for commercial opportunities? No. Please name the states in Nigeria, outside Yoruba land, where Yorubas have successfully established a huge commercial enclave just as the Igbos have done in Lagos, Ibadan, Kaduna, Kano etc.? Why is it that even among the Yorubas, when one of their own has an enterprising spirit his folks automatically name him 'omo ibo' in reference to the Igbo entrepreneurial spirit? Can you explain this for us? You only mentioned a few countries where Yoruba traders can be found, do you want me to start listing places for you where you would find Igbo traders? When I see people argue against the obvious on nairaland, it is amazing. From Nigeria to the whole of Africa, Asia etc. you would find Igbo traders successfully trading. From Ghana, Ivory Coast, Togo, South Africa, Kenya, Benin Republic, to Holland, China, etc. Even here in the US, in the state of Georgia, some Igbos living there own grocery stores, bars, restaurants etc. Mind you, I got to know of this through a friend who is Yoruba that lives in Georgia.

My dear, I spoke the truth in my earlier post. Mind you, those markets in Lagos that are said to be 'Igbo-controlled' markets today were once majorly populated by Yoruba traders until Igbos moved in and gradually took over. Just as you see a swarm of flies gathered around a decaying fruit, pursuing the flies away with a broom will never solve the issue permanently so far as the decaying fruit, which is the attractant, is still there. The flies will continue to re-gather until you, the chaser, become tired and let go. Except the decaying fruit, the causative factor, is taken away the flies will continue to gather at that spot. So far as there is a market structure in Ladipo, the Igbos will continue to troop back there in droves. They may have been chased away temporarily but they WILL eventually return to gradually take control as they did in the past. Except, something else other than a market structure is built in that location, Igbo traders will eventually return to hold sway as they have at Alaba market, Computer Village etc. Trading and commerce are in their blood. You can't strip that off an Igbo man. You may not like what I have just said but I just said the truth.
Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by VirginFinder: 4:47pm On Jul 03, 2015
samobo:
[s]

Until i see that happen in ekiti, osun, oyo, ogun, and ondo i wont take U guys serious. Lagos remains a no mans land hence its administration should be all inclusive of all tribes, considering that all tribes contributed to Lagos development.

By the way, Am not decived by Ambode's move, he did it to distract Igbo people's attention from the attrocities he is committing at ladipo..

He is trying hard to disguise as not being an Igbo hater, am sure he know igbos ar[/s]

You are an idddiot!

Ambode fccked up, big time.
Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by Spybradd: 6:26pm On Jul 03, 2015
airmark:
That's how it should be. Best man for the job, no matter where he/she comes from. This kind of a man will never abuse or disrespects the Yoruba people he has been working together with for decades. I hope other tribes/states will borrow a leaf from Lagos state/Yoruba people and shun tribalism.

shun tribalism but yall scratch face bastaad votes in the most tribal peeps,plunderers in da country! Rubbish..
Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by Spybradd: 6:36pm On Jul 03, 2015
soe:
That's a coded msg to GMB

We are detribalised in the SW to a fault.

We gave GEJ a chance....and now GMB.....after all, they all gave MKO a chance ....

Left to the southwest, Nigeria will have developed into one big family....but the secessionist in the North East and South East will not let us have peace.

just stfu,mumu..why havnt u noise makers vote for an easterner all these years? and here u are,in ur usual manner of empty barrels making da loudest sound,talking about nigeria and one big family! U brought in an old,senile,ex dictator who truncated a dully elected democratic process and are proud,how stuppid! U foos cried for awo,fajuyi,abiola,diya,dele giwa,obj and diya almost,....now is another time..ewus who think they are in a country.
*Spits
Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 03, 2015
Spybradd:

just stfu,mumu..why havnt u noise makers vote for an easterner all these years? and here u are,in ur usual manner of empty barrels making da loudest sound,talking about nigeria and one big family! U brought in an old,senile,ex dictator who truncated a dully elected democratic process and are proud,how stuppid! U foos cried for awo,fajuyi,abiola,diya,dele giwa,obj and diya almost,....now is another time..ewus who think they are in a country.
*Spits
eeyah...i feel ur pain...wailing wailer
Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by Spybradd: 6:47pm On Jul 03, 2015
TeamSimple:

Yeah the same gworo that made Dangote (north) richest man in Africa and the agbo that made Alakija (south west) Richest woman in Africa. Position 1 to 5 is between southwest 3 and north 2. And you here feeling asif the igbos add any meaningful contribution to the country except to produce fake drugs and import fake spare parts.

wasnt dangote granted sole and exclusive rights to import certain exclusive and essential items like rice,sugar,salt and cement by northern military rulers? Wasnt alakija 'dashed' oil wells when she was a mere tailor to da wife of a military ruler just like that? Mumu,u just type and post and think u've made sense! Its obvious u dont read..
Advice: read comments only.

grin

1 Like

Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by Spybradd: 6:49pm On Jul 03, 2015
soe:
eeyah...i feel ur pain...wailing wailer
òdè nla nla. Spotlite empty barrel.. Amala grin
Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by Octaves(m): 7:00pm On Jul 03, 2015
mikolo80:
that's how politics is played,in the grey not black and white(sentiment) as you wish it to be.at least he is making a gesture of peace,the ball is in your court,accept or lead us to war,your choice
lead us to war? where is that one coming from? how is his gesture or us accepting/accepting it related to war?
like i said, he did well but its not a big deal at all as the Yoruba are making it to be
Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by Johnsinia(m): 7:27pm On Jul 03, 2015
TeamSimple:

I don't need to brag with you,you think everyone that spends time on nairaland is a pauper. Apart from my family background which I thank God for,my personal business in Clothing alone should definitely feed you and couple of your clan for two weeks withou bringing in earnings from my fire wood business. Probably you older than me but suffered from several mental setbacks,hence the way you reason. Google is your guilde,go on and use your mb for something valuable,stop being ignorant and go check the level of poverty of each region then you come back to quote me with valid points.
Your region has suffered too much. Your region 'slaved' under OBJ for 8yrs(southwest),Under Yaradua for 2years(north),under GEJ for 6yrs(southsouth) and now another 4yrs under Buhari (north). Your tribe must be exhausted of serving the nation.
I ve been to the north n west and I saw and knw what sufferness is all about. Come to the east maybe that will help u understand what am talking about, for nw u r still blind n slaving away in the hands of criminals and malus who cares nt about you.
Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by TeamSimple(m): 7:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
Johnsinia:

I ve been to the north n west and I saw and knw what sufferness is all about. Come to the east maybe that will help u understand what am talking about, for nw u r still blind n slaving away in the hands of criminals and malus who cares nt about you.
I don't have to come to the east to see that. The mere fact your own people can't sit their buttocks in your so called land of milk and honey,speaks volume about the nature of your environment. You keep trooping the southwest to earn a living.
Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by amtalkin(f): 7:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
chowlade:

Call it No mans land na only by mouth. People will show you ur fathers house in d east or else u lie u r yoruba. which is now common amidst d igbos.

So na igbo tribe get lagos now abi? and all d properties 4 there. but na Yorubaland ur properties dey.(dats Gods blessing) Yoruba people and d Subtribes are twice d Population of d South East. Ranging frmTogo, Dahomey, Coutonou, Kogi, Kwara, Ekiti, Ondo, Oyo, Osun,Ogun. They love their lagos like they love other teritories. if all d Igbos in d South East Sud enter Lagos Today u will be less than 5% in d SW. They will just Round you all up, carry u helplessly like a snail and throw your people into d Lagoon to drown.

ask frm d igbos in millions in South Africa what they are facing in their own shops, Houses and with their own properties. if d govt sud ask them to leave . they must. and they will be deported. Nothing will happen

Maybe you havn't be listening to ur Biafra radio. they are more wiser than u are. they will tell u more.

go and learn frm d jews in Germany, 8Million of them were airlifted back to the Isreal in d 60s . none carry houses and shops 4 head o.

igbos Chest beating is just to make urself happy everything na all lies.

hope you are not among those Yorubas that are homeless or left their state for Lagos, and still think Lagos is their own?

allow the real Lagosian to fight for their state

Nerve heard or seen any Igbo claiming Yoruba.
please tell us another lie, or you go get yourself a life
Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by TeamSimple(m): 7:53pm On Jul 03, 2015
Spybradd:

wasnt dangote granted sole and exclusive rights to import certain exclusive and essential items like rice,sugar,salt and cement by northern military rulers? Wasnt alakija 'dashed' oil wells when she was a mere tailor to da wife of a military ruler just like that? Mumu,u just type and post and think u've made sense! Its obvious u dont read..
Advice: read comments only.

grin
I just pity who sponsored or sponsoring your education,for this rubbish you have posted. Alakija a mere tailor? Pls go and read the history of these succesful individuals maybe you can learn from them. Because its obvious you know nothing about them. Alakija a 'mere tailor' . cheesy
Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by mikolo80: 9:45pm On Jul 03, 2015
Octaves:
lead us to war? where is that one coming from? how is his gesture or us accepting/accepting it related to war?
like i said, he did well but its not a big deal at all as the Yoruba are making it to be
The way ibos make noise about biaFra will lead to nothing good trust me. They need to find a more constructive way get back at nigeria
Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by Eshinwaju: 9:50pm On Jul 03, 2015
OduaVanguard:

Dude, do you have to sound like a dolt every time you talk? ? Only a minute few privileged igbos live in those areas you mentioned. Everyone knows the average Lagos igbo Okada-rider, gala-seller,okrika seller, pirated-cd hawker, trader, etc (whom constitute the overwhelming majority of igbos that live in lagos) lives in a face-me-i-face-you cubicle in Lagos so the few ones in ikoyi,vgc, v.i and the likes are the exception and privileged few. Who dash monkey banana? ? You people ffvking overrate yourselves way too much. Smh.

U forgot to add....majority of the prostitutes...armed robbers.....baby factory...fake drugs...hard drug peddlers etc r yeboes..... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by sweetgala(m): 9:51pm On Jul 03, 2015
eyenibibio:
Op, why are you dividing this country on ethnic lines. What is the big deal you are making out of this. Are we not all one in this country?! Please learn to put sentiments aside and make this country great again.

When Yoruba people or Hausa, Idoma start getting government appointment in Anambra or Cross-River without Igbo raising hell alert me, until then lets celebrate the people doing things and moving the country forward.
Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by sweetgala(m): 9:54pm On Jul 03, 2015
Francis5:

How can you get a position in a place you do not live? If you want an Igbo position, go and live there and be known by the people there.
Anyways, only in Igboland did that happen: Enugu State

Like Igbo people would even give you a chance to breathe

Living in "Biafra" land can be as dangerous as NE these days I wouldn't recommend anyone live there

2 Likes

Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by Octaves(m): 10:03pm On Jul 03, 2015
mikolo80:
The way ibos make noise about biaFra will lead to nothing good trust me. They need to find a more constructive way get back at nigeria
this ain't about Biafra. btw, Igbo are not looking for a way to get back at Nigeria. they are fighting for their emancipation from Nigeria. they don't like it here. if you guys weren't parasites, that wouldn't be hard to understand.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by Spybradd: 10:09pm On Jul 03, 2015
TeamSimple:

I just pity who sponsored or sponsoring your education,for this rubbish you have posted. Alakija a mere tailor? Pls go and read the history of these succesful individuals maybe you can learn from them. Because its obvious you know nothing about them. Alakija a 'mere tailor' . cheesy

ode,so i have to stoop low to ur level for u to understand past and present tenses! cheesy
Mumu,peeps are posting,so u also must post...even if its shiit like the above...hahahahahaha....wannabe giant mumu..
My advice still stands: stick to reading comments for the next 2years,by then ur brain wudda've evolved from a cow's to a humanoid..grin grin grin
Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 04, 2015
amtalkin:

hope you are not among those Yorubas that are homeless or left their state for Lagos, and still think Lagos is their own?

allow the real Lagosian to fight for their state

Nerve heard or seen any Igbo claiming Yoruba.
please tell us another lie, or you go get yourself a life

Lagos na yoruba land, all Yoruba own Lagos therefore. all Yorubas are Lagosians. like people in d east knows Biafraland.
Igbo that's say he/she is a Lagosian na lie even though u get property for their likewise. Hausa or Yoruba cannot say is a Native of Enugu.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by mikolo80: 1:39am On Jul 04, 2015
Octaves:
this ain't about Biafra. btw, Igbo are not looking for a way to get back at Nigeria. they are fighting for their emancipation from Nigeria. they don't like it here. if you guys weren't parasites, that wouldn't be hard to understand.
you don't get it do you.your only play is to get back at nigeria (tit for tat) cos you will never emancipate until oyel finish
Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by Octaves(m): 9:47am On Jul 04, 2015
mikolo80:
you don't get it do you.your only play is to get back at nigeria (tit for tat) cos you will never emancipate until oyel finish
that's y u guys are parasites. one day, but your eyes will open.
Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by mikolo80: 2:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
Octaves:
that's y u guys are parasites. one day, but your eyes will open.
No wahala so long as we follow share the the oyel moni . Meanwhile sticks and stones brer,...sticks and stones
Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by yorubadelta(f): 6:29am On Jul 07, 2015
eyenibibio:

My people right, what is the difference between you and the op. Just by referring to whomever you mean by "your people", you are guilty of dividing this country on ethnic and sentimental lines.

I so respect you for this statement.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by eyenibibio(m): 7:08am On Jul 07, 2015
yorubadelta:

I so respect you for this statement.
Thank you, I've got to be blunt sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Ambode Names Igbo Man Engr Okonji As GM State Electricity Board by Femistico(m): 9:37pm On Jul 11, 2015
MightySparrow:

I want to see the same move for hausa man or fulani in Anambra. Will a self centred Igbo man do this?
Evrybody has his own way of governing his state, what works out for Mr.A may not be applicable to Mr.B

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

August Salaries For Federal Workers May Be Delayed / Buhari Shops For Magu’s Replacement / Tinubu, Atiku, Obi Upbeat As Violence, Late Arrival Of Materials Overshadow Poll

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.