Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,063 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times (27357 Views)

Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri / See How Nigerians Are Reacting To Revelations About The DG SSS / Buhari recalls kinsman from retirement, appoints him DG SSS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by Toktee(m): 11:13am On Jul 03, 2015
SenseiX:
He ignored the entire senior cadre of the agency simply because they are Southerners mostly, from Bassey Eteng to the least, even if he wanted to pick a Northerner he should have picked from the service rather than a 62 year old retiree whose only qualification is him being Buhari's kinsman who was in the SSS, When Jonathan appointed Ekpenyong he was already Director Operations, same for Gadzama who Yar’Adua appointed, the nation's premier intelligence agency should not be destroyed on the altar of ethnic bigotry
Wailing wailers,so after read,you delibrately ignored the side or portion that states his qualification clearly,moreover,can you states the acheivements of the young ekpeyong for the past years?
what a wailer!
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by 1stola: 11:17am On Jul 03, 2015
Dollyak:

you are lucky you didn't. Well I am in a good spirited mood today
You're very very lucky that I didn't ignore the last two lines too, i would have called you worse undecided
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by betty202020(m): 11:19am On Jul 03, 2015
fitzmayowa:

In as much as i gree with some part of your post, i would like to add PMB reserves the right to appoint whoever he deems fit that can perform on the job....

The main thing we should be after is the competence, performance and achievement of the new appointee on the job...IMHO
nass confirmation is the thorn on the buhari's flesh. he will regret it
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by Dollyak(f): 11:21am On Jul 03, 2015
1stola:

You're very very lucky that I didn't ignore the last two lines too, i would have called you worse undecided
Listen, I am not here for pissin contest with you kids. Say any crap you want, you will end up with a bruised ego and confidence.
Get off my mention.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by logica(m): 11:34am On Jul 03, 2015
Remember Sir Ahmadu Bello and Nzeogwu? Remember Ironsi, Walbe and Danjuma? Those are the incidents that set this bad precedence. But it does not excuse Buhari; it merely proves that he's of the ancient stock and it is too late to change his orientation.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by whyteone: 11:38am On Jul 03, 2015
akman:
Guys lets get the facts right:

1. Mr Ita Ekpenyong was the state director of SSS in anambra state as at the time of his appointment by the then president Jonathan, and not the director of operations at the national head quarters as reported here.

2. The hierarchy in SSS presupposes that the most senior director by rank at the national head quarters and not state director, is the second in command to the DG,SSS. To that extent, the national head quarters had over six (6) national directors at that level at the point, from various parts of the country so the statement that MR Ita was second in command by virtue of his being director operations ( which also isn't true) is a fallacy.

3. It can't be said or heard that his appointment was based on seniority or even merit, because when he was appointed, about six directors if not more who we're his seniors and with enviable credentials and personalities had to be compulsorily retired cos according to the military and para-military tradition, such officers could not be answerable to him.

4. Mr Ita though from cross rivers state, was the state director of SSS in bayelsa state the period when efcc instigated the impeachment of the then governor alamieghsia under the watchful eyes of other security agencies including SSS, an action which automatically made Goodluck Jonathan, who was then the deputy governor to assume position as governor of bayelsa state.

So it's not difficult to see how his appointment came about.
Your last assertion is incorrect.Mr Raymond Nkemdirim (current Director Operations NHQ)was the State Director in Bayelsa during the Alamieyeseigha imbroglio.He was succeeded by Mr Bassey Eteng.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by whyteone: 11:48am On Jul 03, 2015
ahizih:
The new DG SSS joined the service in 1982 and the agency is one of the three security agencies created out of the defunct National Security Organisation in 1986. Am still trying to get this clear,whether the man started working with the agency four years before it was established.
The Nigerian Security Organisation (NSO) was formed from the special branch of the Nigerian police and remained the sole agency for internal and external intelligence gathering up until the coming of IBB.In 1986 NSO was then broken up into SSS(internal intelligence) and NIA(external intelligence).The new DG SSS in effect started working with the NSO.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by juman(m): 11:48am On Jul 03, 2015
Jonathan Goodluck destroyed some institutions before he left office.
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by ahizih(m): 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
whyteone:

The Nigerian Security Organisation (NSO) was formed from the special branch of the Nigerian police and remained the sole agency for internal and external intelligence gathering up until the coming of IBB.In 1986 NSO was then broken up into SSS(internal intelligence) and NIA(external intelligence).The new DG SSS in effect started working with the NSO.
Ok thanks a lot

1 Like

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by Walspring: 12:04pm On Jul 03, 2015
Dollyak:

True, but there are some critical positions you need to be balanced. There are many positions I am worried about one of which has to do with the census. If we all fold our arms and let the northerners put themselves in those positions we would be susceptible to rigging. I mean how can you trust a region that still maintain kano is more populated than lagos.
People are not thinking beyond to see the implications of some of these appointments.

They cant think because they have shallow thought and their sense of thinking is missing and rusty if i am not wrong...

They dont think about the future but what they want to gain presently..

Weeping for my country...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by rareman(m): 12:24pm On Jul 03, 2015
fitzmayowa:

Very true, this is indeed a genuine concern and the onus lies on PMB to apply the "federal character" thing in all his appointment and not make the government a northern government...IMHO

Sure you will have federal character but not after has strategically positioned his kins at every foundation any ministry. You what that means your ministers will just be figure head. He will even work with "Tinubu's list" if there is anything like that, but Buhari's body language so far says he will render them useless.
In Anyway whatever happens we want to see change, though he is not towing the line of peace
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by adekzy: 12:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
SenseiX:
He ignored the entire senior cadre of the agency simply because they are Southerners mostly, from Bassey Eteng to the least, even if he wanted to pick a Northerner he should have picked from the service rather than a 62 year old retiree whose only qualification is him being Buhari's kinsman who was in the SSS, When Jonathan appointed Ekpenyong he was already Director Operations, same for Gadzama who Yar’Adua appointed, the nation's premier intelligence agency should not be destroyed on the altar of ethnic bigotry

It has been a tradition right from OBJ who appointed Kayode Are, Yaradua choose to work with Gaizama, Jonathan with Epkenyong so what is wrong with PMB appointing Daura.

Walspring:

They cant think because they have shallow thought and their sense of thinking is missing and rusty if i am not wrong...
Toktee:
Wailing wailers,so after read,you delibrately ignored the side or portion that states his qualification clearly,moreover,can you states the acheivements of the young ekpeyong for the past years?
what a wailer!

Walspring:

logica:
Remember Sir Ahmadu Bello and Nzeogwu? Remember Ironsi, Walbe and Danjuma? Those are the incidents that set this bad precedence. But it does not excuse Buhari; it merely proves that he's of the ancient stock and it is too late to change his orientation.
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by akman(m): 1:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
whyteone:

Your last assertion is incorrect.Mr Raymond Nkemdirim (current Director Operations NHQ)was the State Director in Bayelsa during the Alamieyeseigha imbroglio.He was succeeded by Mr Bassey Eteng.

Bros go back to your archives and validate the position Raymond was holding at that point. Let me also correct you cos it's obvious your not up to date, that raymond has retired and as such not the director ops anymore
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by 1stola: 1:13pm On Jul 03, 2015
Dollyak:

Listen, I am not here for pissin contest with you kids. Say any crap you want, you will end up with a bruised ego and confidence.
Get off my mention.
Don't be silly and shut da fùck up brat

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by Mordyb: 1:17pm On Jul 03, 2015
FROM what some people in SSS are saying there are more qualified people from the north and very loyal eg. Y.M Bichi, Yusuf et al people think this one is a dullard since he has not been in Ops but that is none of my business

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by notoriousbabe: 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2015
SenseiX:
But speaking to PREMIUM TIMES on the telephone, a foremost constitutional lawyer and Senior Advocate of Nigeria, SAN, Itse Sagay, said it was difficult to condemn the President for appointing his kinsman as DG SSS.

According to Mr. Sagay, the secret police under former President Goodluck Joanthan had become too political and polarised that it was hard for Mr. Buhari to work with them.

“The SSS under former President Goodluck Jonathan had become an agent of the Peoples Democratic Party. You can remember when they invaded the APC office in Lagos claiming that the party was cloning voters’ cards.

“Nigerians also saw how their spokesperson, Marylyn Ogar, became an attack dog for the PDP and went after leaders of the APC. Therefore, it is difficult for Buhari to trust them.”

The legal luminary insisted that the President is only exercising caution in dealing with members of the SSS because of the unfriendly way they treated him in the past.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by notoriousbabe: 4:16pm On Jul 03, 2015
Walspring:

make I give you handkerchief or na bucket you want? grin
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by nigmasses: 5:25pm On Jul 03, 2015
APPOINT ONLY COMPETENT, EVEN IF IT IS AMONG ANIMALS NI. OGAR SHE IS A KILLER AND MOST BE HUNTED BY HER PAST. USELESS WITCH
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by zik4ever: 6:11pm On Jul 03, 2015
4. Mr Ita though from cross rivers state, was the state director of SSS in bayelsa state the period when efcc instigated the impeachment of the then governor alamieghsia under the watchful eyes of other security agencies including SSS, an action which automatically made Goodluck Jonathan, who was then the deputy governor to assume position as governor of bayelsa state.

So it's not difficult to see how his appointment came about.[/quote]
Mr Ita was NEVER State Director of SSS in Bayelsa State. Never!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by zik4ever: 6:20pm On Jul 03, 2015
ahizih:
The new DG SSS joined the service in 1982 and the agency is one of the three security agencies created out of the defunct National Security Organisation in 1986. Am still trying to get this clear,whether the man started working with the agency four years before it was established.
The SSS emerged as a separate organisation from the NSO. The new DG and his predecessor and all SSS officers recruited before 1986, were personnel of NSO. Some were moved to NIA and some to SSS.
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by Cityguy: 8:43pm On Jul 03, 2015
TheImp:
Jonathan had a Northern NSA and Ita Ekpenyong was the most senior SSS Director when GEJ made him DG so it was not ethnic, Buhari is just a bigoted fellow
This was said before his ascension but was brushed aside. Just when youths were rejoicing that vacancies would open for them when civil servants 30yrs+ in service are retired, our Presido went to bring someone back from retirement! Good one sir. There's one thing he might have forgotten. This man is just 'one' person who would have to work with those he had jettisoned or is he going to recruit replacements for them from his kinsmen too? This drama will definitely have many parts.
Re: Buhari Recalls Kinsman From Retirement, Appoints Him DG SSS - Premium Times by Tojay: 1:11am On Jul 04, 2015
fitzmayowa:

Our intelligence arm(SSS) is a joke compared to what we have world over, if it will take the new appointed daura to fix it then so be it, no matter how ethnically biased the appointment might be...IMHO
Thank God u said it ur self,so hw do u tink a retiree an Old man of (62yrs) for dat mata,can b incline with d mordern equipment and upgrade Mr Ita brought to d sss,intelligence gathering world over has gone digital and d new man is not competent to handle such organisation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Maiduguri Bombed Again In Friday Morning Attack -vanguard / Senate Moves To Unbundle Police / Reno Omokri Reacts To Aisha Buhari Reposting Tweets Criticizing President Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.