Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,382 members, 7,812,128 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri (43353 Views)

Jonathan’s Kinsman In Trouble Over $289m Special Votes For NIA- The Nation / Military Raids Tompolo's Home In Oporoza, Delta State / Tension As Navy Kill Tompolo’s Kinsman In warri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by olokfor: 8:29am On Mar 26, 2016

Tension on Friday enveloped Gbaramatu kingdom in Warri South-West Local Government Area of Delta State as men of the Nigeri­an Navy recently deployed to the area following re­newed vandalization of oil installations, were alleged to have shot dead a sand scooper on Thursday.

The victim identified as Bernard Pius was allegedly killed at a jetty in Tebujor Okpelama community, a Gbaramatu enclave where wanted ex-militant leader, High Chief Government Ekpemukpolo alias Tom­polo hails from.

Since the incident, anger is reported to be building up among the people as the fragile peace existing in the kingdom was said to have been threatened by the killing.

Tebujor Okpelama com­munity chairman, Moses Yabrade told journalists at the village that the late Pius was scooping sand at the jetty when a naval officer he identified as Izonfade Kenneth led other naval men to the area and shot at their son unprovoked, who in turn fell into the river and died.

The Navy officer who is incidentally an Ijaw, regu­larly patrolled the vicinity in a gunboat following re­cent vandalization of major pipelines in the waterways of Warri South West Coun­cil, Yabrade narrated.

Tebujor Okpelama community chairman ex­plained; “The incident happened at about 10pm Thursday night. Pius was scooping sand and it is a normal commercial ac­tivity at such quiet time when fishermen also ply their trade. The victim was alerted by folks that his sand boat on a 40 horse­power engine at the Jetty was drifting.

“He then rushed back and was pulling it back ashore with another boat. That was the point Izon­fade patrolled in with other colleagues in a gunboat. After shooting and kill­ing him he moved into the community bragging about the act and threat­ening to shoot another person if he does not get gratification.

“He was offered N5000 before he joined his col­leagues in the waiting gunboat and they disappeared, leaving us to mourn our dead. Inciden­tally, the shooter is an Ijaw man we initially see as one of us, but he and his col­leagues have been terror­izing us. The officer must be brought to book or we will take to self-help.”

A prominent Gbarama­tu Chief, Chief Godspow­er Gbenekama, the Bebe­nowei (Chief Mobilizer) of Gbaramatu kingdom lamented the incident calling on the federal government to ensure that the naval officer was arrested and persecuted.

Gbenekama who con­veyed the corpse of the middle age man to mor­tuary said if nothing was done by the government the situation may snow­balled into crisis in the Ni­ger Delta region.

But in a swift reaction to the allegation, Com­mander, Nigerian Navy Ship (NNS) Delta, Com­modore Raimi Moham­med said it was too early for him to give a true picture of what transpired, noting that his men may have fol­lowed standard operating procedures and not shot indiscriminately.

http://www.theheraldng.com/navy-kill-timpolos-kinsman-in-warri-tension-escalates/#74ZY0ZDkEQqi3GSV.99

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by funnynation(m): 8:34am On Mar 26, 2016
Nigeria force men too dey act Jack Chan for where innocent people dey. If waffi boys start now...una go blame them. RIP young man.

I dedicate this place to the following babes; Maxity02... I swear dis girl dey melt my heart bcs na Man City supporter.. Up citizen.
Daddyspincess mizjules mhizenugu siena247 spicylate I swear all dis babes na my crush for Nland.

Nairaland official comedian

8 Likes

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by Nobody: 8:34am On Mar 26, 2016
What a pity

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by xamuel17(m): 8:37am On Mar 26, 2016
hw much is fuel in ur area?

1 Like

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by ChappyChase: 8:43am On Mar 26, 2016
Tompolo don dey shekau small small oo..

4 Likes

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by Nobody: 8:44am On Mar 26, 2016
Buhari is breeding another crises in the ND with his unlawful killings

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by Edwinmason(m): 9:11am On Mar 26, 2016
from scooping of sand to crude oil........that how they start and beside why scooping at 10pm in the night

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by lilprinze: 9:24am On Mar 26, 2016
This dullard just likes trouble.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by AleAirHub(m): 9:32am On Mar 26, 2016
At 1st i will keep quite and wait for the full stories to easy my doubt...

But i will like to know if there were any gun battle between the navy officer & Late Bernard Pius that meant laid to his death but if not,
That means the officer acted on order and those behind it should be bought to book

No wonder these govt is not far from the Prophecy/Say= Zoo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by Nobody: 9:36am On Mar 26, 2016
Ijaw Son In Navy vs Ijaw Son Pro Tompolo.

Make ijaw elders settle d matter.

2 Likes

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by PassingShot(m): 9:43am On Mar 26, 2016
For any set of people, be they militants, secessionists or terrorists, to think they can have easy rides in this administration as they did in the last one, is tantamount to foolery and idiocy.

I ask, is this how Tompolo will live a fugitive life for the next 7 years or so?

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by DaBullIT(m): 9:47am On Mar 26, 2016
Scooping sand at a jetty midnight?

How stewpyd do ya'll think we are?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by Tochex101(m): 9:55am On Mar 26, 2016
I really doubt this story, I feel he was caught bunkering fuel.

24 Likes

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by Nobody: 9:58am On Mar 26, 2016
DaBullIT:
Scooping sand at a jetty midnight?

How stewpyd do ya'll think we are?
zombie, have u taken your medications?
this ks my region and that is the time they scoop sand because the sea will be so calm by that time. ****

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by DaBullIT(m): 10:14am On Mar 26, 2016
Dimienedonkz:

zombie, have u taken your medications?
this ks my region and that is the time they scoop sand because the sea will be so calm by that time. o' de

For your mind sea dey sleep be that O?

Opinu

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by moneybag100: 12:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
What tension is there from killing a criminal?

11 Likes

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by refiner(f): 12:37pm On Mar 26, 2016
pls can someone explain to me wats going on in dis our beloved country?undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by menix(m): 12:38pm On Mar 26, 2016
Scoping sand ko scoping fish nii..

Well for the Killer, Tompolo boiz will certainly send u to Valhalla that I know..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by Sunnycliff(m): 12:38pm On Mar 26, 2016
Double wahala for dead body! This Easter na him be say the gas pipelines Don see wahala and light issue go be worst than anticipated!

Wisdom is profitable in all to direct! #bubuneedswisdom
Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by damton(m): 12:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
Okay e Don happen

patiently waiting for the military's official statement

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by gudnex22(m): 12:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
Edwinmason:
from scooping of sand to crude oil........that how they start and beside why scooping at 10pm in the night

me tire o

2 Likes

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by ojnnaco(m): 12:39pm On Mar 26, 2016
When I told people that the so called change is tantamount to dictatorship they didn't believe, now see it

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by jauntty: 12:40pm On Mar 26, 2016
[size=16pt]scooping sand or fuel? And at Night?

There are three sides to a story. THEIR SIDE, HIS SIDE, and THE TRUTH

Let me wait for the truth[/size]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by Hawlahscho(m): 12:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
shamecurls:
Please show my son some love!

He is 1 today

Bro you can lie o shocked shocked

You carry another person pikin come Nairaland to fetch cheap likes sad

God is watching you in HD+

4 Likes

Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by marshalcarter: 12:41pm On Mar 26, 2016
Make una vote me
Re: Navy Kills Tompolo's Kinsman In Warri by Drsheddy(m): 12:42pm On Mar 26, 2016
B

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uche Nwosu Dumps DPP For AA, Campaigns With Buhari's Image (pic) / Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Terrorists In Arege, Borno. Recover Weapons (Photos) / Halimat Buhari And Husband Muhammed-Sheriff At Her Graduation Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.