Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,223 members, 7,860,423 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 10:51 AM

Biafra And The Ibibio Question: My Position - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra And The Ibibio Question: My Position (4548 Views)

I’m Not Afraid Of Losing My Position, Sagay Tells APC / "I Am Back To My Position As Vice President, Buhari Is Now In Charge" - Osinbajo / 2016 Budget Crisis Confirms My Position That Buhari Is Clueless, Incompetent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra And The Ibibio Question: My Position by rudebouy: 12:59pm On Jul 04, 2015
feedburner:

zoo police/army

If u live in the zoo, and eat zoo food, wot are you?

So you guys cannot think for urselves? Someone will sit comfortably with his family in london and be telling you guys wot to do in Nigeria.

Wow! Talk abt subtle hypnotismcheesy.
Re: Biafra And The Ibibio Question: My Position by feedburner(m): 1:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
rudebouy:

If u live in the zoo, and eat zoo food, wot are you?

So you guys cannot think for urselves? Someone will sit comfortably with his family in london and be telling you guys wot to do in Nigeria.

Wow! Talk abt subtle hypnotismcheesy.

sorry I can't think well, do u hv a problem with that?
I am a mad man; driven nuts by an expired an abominable zoo called Nigeria. pls leave me alone and MYOB.

grin...let's continue, eziokwu chineke.....grin

2 Likes

Re: Biafra And The Ibibio Question: My Position by Rotimi47: 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2015
lunaticfringe:
Op the igbos and the ibibios fought and died side by side in the 67 civil war. As such nobody is forcing anybody to join another cos they are blood relations... Biafra is bigger than both of these tribes...
For the record, Few Yoruba's fought on the side of Biafra because they thought it was the right thing for them to do but alas some of them were killed by the Igbo's they fought for, eg major Banjo who lead several biafra ytoops into battle and captured several territories up to Benin till Ojukwu instructs him to invaded the south west a move he advised Ojukwu against but Ojukwu insists; they invaded Ore a Yoruba village in On do State and that brought the Yoruba's fully into the war and the biafran's were repealed. Ojukwu killed banjo for one reason which is that he was getting very popular, but Ojukwu claimed Banjo collected bribe from Nigeria government. That I believe add to the hatred between the Yoruba's and the Igbo's. This may never end but for the Igbo's to get Biafra it is best for their leaders to try to hold meetings with the Yoruba's andake them see reason why any tribe that wants to leave Nigeria should be allowed to do so without blood shed. It may seem difficult and time consuming but if they keep holding meetings with them, it will come to pass one day but if the Igbo's continue like this with all their hate speeches, it won't happen because another civil war may happen and this they can never win even with the entire south south support.
Re: Biafra And The Ibibio Question: My Position by rudebouy: 1:34pm On Jul 04, 2015
feedburner:

I am a mad man; driven nuts by an expired an abominable zoo called Nigeria. pls leave me alone and MYOB.

Yes I hav a problem with that becos Nigeria is a zoo and ur a monkey. No, a tiger who cannot run away from this zoo. A tiger dat is too scared to eat the sheep and goat inside the same zoo.

Unam ikot mpo, ukutu na afo se tono? Ifiok mbufo uniehe aba mi aba inua!

Adiok uno efut mbufo! Mtchew!
Re: Biafra And The Ibibio Question: My Position by feedburner(m): 2:04pm On Jul 04, 2015
rudebouy:

Yes I hav a problem with that becos Nigeria is a zoo and ur a monkey. No, a tiger who cannot run away from this zoo. A tiger dat is too scared to eat the sheep and goat inside the same zoo.

Unam ikot mpo, ukutu na afo se tono? Ifiok mbufo uniehe aba mi aba inua!

Adiok uno efut mbufo! Mtchew!

why u dey take penadol for my headache?
is their anything wrong with me seeking for my freedom from a fraud created by Britain called Nigeria?
For ur info, my struggle is legal and is enshrined in UN charter of Indigenous people which Nigeria is signatory to. so I am IPOB, Indigenous Person of Biafra.
Thank God for admitting I am a tiger caged from progressing and developing.
whether I can run away? well let us watch n see.
goodbye from the damnation, the abominable zoological republic.

a mara m na I bu nwa arusi. Ihe joro njo na ato gi ka unu. ihere adighi eme gi. Ihe na ochichi enweghi nmeko. ga m na azu. mtchew!
Re: Biafra And The Ibibio Question: My Position by Cjrane2: 2:42pm On Jul 04, 2015
noblezone:

[b]6. The Genocide Of 1966, Will Be Repeated
So many Nigerians equate our quest for Biafra to war and slaughter.
They glory and chest beat themselves on the genocide carried out in 1966.

First, Nigerians must know that we are not seeking to occupy any lands that is not our own.
We are only asking for the right to govern ourselves and live the way we want.
Declaring war on Biafra a second time will have grave consequences.
This is not 1966.

And even when we have accepted that we are the problem of Nigeria and are ready to leave Nigeria, they threaten us with war.
We are not afraid of death.
I will gladly lay down my life and die the noble death of defending my nation than to live like as a slave in fathers land.

Finally Nigeria is a country created by slave traders who trampled on our rights, seized our lands and ruined our lives.
Biafrans are fully protected under the UN chatter on the rights of Indigenous People for Self Determination.

At moment, we are in court with Nigeria at an Owerri High court.
We already know Nigeria will throw it out.
When that is done, we shall appeal to a higher court.
The goal is ecowas court and then the world court.
We are educating our people, we shall push Nigeria for a referendum.

The sooner Nigeria start adjusting their minds to exist side by side with Biafra, the better.

Long Live Biafra.[/b]

https://www.nairaland.com/2348585/biafran-answers-arguments-against-independence

Excellent piece.
I just want to comment on point 6 and the others bolded. You should not worry nor be intimidated by the threat of war against Biafran cause. We have had severally CONFABs in Nigeria whose report are immediately thrown into the dustbin and are never implemented, we have tried everything to help mend Nigeria, but our internal colonialists have stubbornly refused to help make Nigeria a just place for all.

We shall pursue this struggle legally using peaceful marches and through the world courts and a UN referendum on the independence of Biafra the way it happened in South Sudan,Bangladesh, East Timor and other places in the world where people were singled out by their so called country to oppress.

In any case, should it come to violent intimidation using the Nigerian army, Nigeria knows extremely well that it cannot defeat Biafra without wholesome support of the world powers. They couldn't defeat Boko haram without America and British arms, talkmore Biafra.
Anyhow, we have chosen the legal path to this struggle precisely to make it impossible for any conniving power to back Nigeria with weapons. In the absence of such, you shouldn't worry about war.

Besides, since, 1966-1970, if Nigeria were truly a country intent about uniting her peoples, they could have used all that time to unite the country than continue all sorts of atrocities against Ndigbo and the other unfortunate minorities of Nigeria. In 1966, the world believed in the euphoria of a new black nation and backed a united Nigeria side.

Today, the entire world and many African states are convinced the best solution would be to allow separate irreconcilable nations that constitute Nigeria to exist on their own independently, instead of the constant blood letting. Gaddafi that wholeheartedly supported a united Nigeria in the 1960s has seen that it was a fatal, unworkable proposition and called for the amicable breakup of Nigeria only a few years ago.

1 Like

Re: Biafra And The Ibibio Question: My Position by Eshinwaju: 2:43pm On Jul 04, 2015
The yeboes think the SS are stupid.......it is all about their oil......access to the sea....dominating and stealing SS oil......the iboes will stop at nothing until they destroy this people......the same way they killed their own homeland....bunch of misguarded baboons.. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra And The Ibibio Question: My Position by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 04, 2015
Cjrane2:

Excellent piece.
I just want to comment on point 6 and the others bolded. You should not worry nor be intimidated by the threat of war against Biafran cause. We have had severally CONFABs in Nigeria whose report are immediately thrown into the dustbin and are never implemented, we have tried everything to help mend Nigeria, but our internal colonialists have stubbornly refused to help make Nigeria a just place for all.

We shall pursue this struggle legally using peaceful marches and through the world courts and a UN referendum on the independence of Biafra the way it happened in South Sudan,Bangladesh, East Timor and other places in the world where people were singled out by their so called country to oppress.

In any case, should it come to violent intimidation using the Nigerian army, Nigeria knows extremely well that it cannot defeat Biafra without wholesome support of the world powers. They couldn't defeat Boko haram without America and British arms, talkmore Biafra.
Anyhow, we have chosen the legal path to this struggle precisely to make it impossible for any conniving power to back Nigeria with weapons. In the absence of such, you shouldn't worry about war.

Besides, since, 1966-1970, if Nigeria were truly a country intent about uniting her peoples, they could have used all that time to unite the country than continue all sorts of atrocities against Ndigbo and the other unfortunate minorities of Nigeria. In 1966, the world believed in the euphoria of a new black nation and backed a united Nigeria side.

Today, the entire world and many African states are convinced the best solution would be to allow separate irreconcilable nations that constitute Nigeria to exist on their own independently, instead of the constant blood letting. Gaddafi that wholeheartedly supported a united Nigeria in the 1960s has seen that it was a fatal, unworkable proposition and called for the amicable breakup of Nigeria only a few years ago.

Exactly.
We are still at the education stage.
We must continue to create the awareness until the time is ripe.
Re: Biafra And The Ibibio Question: My Position by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 04, 2015
Eshinwaju:
The yeboes think the SS are stupid.......it is all about their oil......access to the sea....dominating and stealing SS oil......the iboes will stop at nothing until they destroy this people......the same way they killed their own homeland....bunch of misguarded baboons.. cheesy

I might be wrong, but I assume you are from the South West.
Your Yoruba nation has produced many great minds and decent men.

When you come to public like this and start to pour obscenities instead of logically making a contribution, you bring disgrace to men like Wole Soyinka.

By the way, i don;t see how this issue is your problem.

Centrally to your postulations, go back to my first post and confirm that we are not forcing anybody to join us.
Our economy today is not dependent on oil.

For your info, oil is has been the cause of laziness in Nigeria.
The Biafrans are not lazy.
Re: Biafra And The Ibibio Question: My Position by Cjrane2: 3:09pm On Jul 04, 2015
[size=14pt] I am waiting for another Yoruba to open a thread on Biafra Vs. ijaw or Ikwerre question.

Una divide and rule tactics of lies fell into the gutters the day una removed GEJ just because of tribalism. [/size]
Re: Biafra And The Ibibio Question: My Position by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
eighTHREAD:
Must you people always include them in your wild goose chase without their consent?

Seek for biafra for ibos alone and see it done fast. No minority tribe will foolishly follow you and get killed a second time in a silly war.

Biafra....

....All because of our oyel. grin

I think u were born in 1996. Biafra civil war was not fought by the igbos alone.
Re: Biafra And The Ibibio Question: My Position by lunaticfringe: 5:46pm On Jul 04, 2015
feedburner:

Nwanne ibu hardcore.... Onwere ife mee gi there....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MUST READ Letter From Emir Sanusi Lamido Sanusi To President Buhari / Sallah: Yobe Government Places 12-Hour Ban On Vehicular Movements / World Bank’s $495m Irrigation Funds Will Improve Nigeria’s Economy, Says FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.