Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. - Education (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. (45498 Views)

The 6 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria (Photos) / List Of The 5 Youngest PhD Holders In Nigeria / HND & B.sc. Saga: "Grant Polytechnics The Right To Award Degrees" - ASUP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by tonytony208(m): 3:36pm On Jul 05, 2015
Abesodiq:

I can't believe that pple with 'dumb minds' like you still exist! So, all University Graduates can speak and write simple and correct English? SMH for ur life!

you are actually a worse dumbass.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by mkoabiola: 3:43pm On Jul 05, 2015
For record purpose ,the Ministry of police also discriminate btwn HND and Bsc.
HND is placed on inspectorate cadre while B.sc is placed on asst supridendent.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by tonytony208(m): 3:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
luthorcorp:
yea its obvious that a low witted university graduate like yourself wouldn't identify a simple typo when you come across one and would rather use it as an incentivu to write off someone's point but guess what,that doesn't buttress your own opinion any further,it only displays your incorrigible stupidity...... so back off

you are an eediot. Go through that nonsense you have written and ask yourself if "incentive" is the right choice of word. But i doubt if you will notice the difference. You also imported the word "incorrigible" from nowhere to impress peeps. It is clear you dont know the meaning of incorrigible. And where did you see "low witted"? It is clear you are worse than steupid.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Johnpaul09(m): 3:49pm On Jul 05, 2015
As ASUU is different from ASUP, University is different from Polytechnic, the number of students being given admission per year in the university is different from that of polytechnic, VC is different from Rector, as you can see, Uni is different from Poly...so the B.Sc must be different from the HND. It is optional my people, if you prefer going to the polytechnic to going to the university, don't complain afterwards. So relax and concentrate on your job because the two can never be the same. Systems of learning are not the same e.g. Polytechnics have evening programmes, weekend programmes (mainly for businessmen) etc and some HND holders come back from OND to HND maybe, after 5 years after they must have written and passed the HND entrance exams, but these things don't exist in the universities.

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by tonytony208(m): 3:51pm On Jul 05, 2015
BluePulse:

But guy, really. Ur constructions are so poor. Are u sure u even finished o'level?

that is because you are a blind eediot. Do you know what they call cerebral anopia? Looks like you are suffering from it. And your case is hopeless.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Adultnextdoor(m): 3:56pm On Jul 05, 2015
tonytony208:

1. Your fathder is an unfortunate assshole.

2. It is not "supports", it is "support" (third person plural).
.....I just knew you were going correct me about that..........i insulted you and you sent it straight to my father........and you claim to have university ethics?......meanwhile,it is spelt ''FATHER'' and not ''FATHDER''............I wonder how your family copes with you
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Adultnextdoor(m): 3:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
tonytony208:

that is because you are a blind eediot. Do you know what they call cerebral anopia? Looks like you are suffering from it. And your case is hopeless.
.....It is spelt 'IDIOT' and not that trash you wrote....i actually think its your case that is hopeless.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by tonytony208(m): 4:00pm On Jul 05, 2015
Gimmy:
''which polytechnic did you graduate from? Now as a BSc holder,are you suppose to use ''graduate or graduated''? Nobody is above a simple mistake.

i will not argue with you; i will simply refer you to brighter grammar. You should go back to secondary school and learn how to construct question sentences! This is shameful.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by silverkab: 4:02pm On Jul 05, 2015
tonytony208:
Your spelling of "dangerous" is enough to show you off as a poly student. Many of them cant speak or write simple and correct English; just like you have displayed here. Now, which polytechnic did you graduate from? Your school's standard must have been very poor! "Dangerious"? Queen Elizabeth must hear this!

The issue of graduates not able to speak or write simple and correct English is a general problem which is. One of the signs of the falling standard of education in Nigeria which is obtainable both in our Universities and Polytechnics. Many students instead of going to classes for lectures choose to go to party and do all manners of things during lecture hours but returns to either bribe or sleep with lecturers in other to pass exams. When I was in camp for orientation, we were asked to write an application for those of us that wants to relocate. I am a graduate from polytechnic but a hostel mate that is a graduate from the university could not write and I came to his rescue by writing for him. And if you claim you have not seen any university graduate that can not read or write simple sentence before, I repeat that prayer for you, say Amen
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by leppyj(m): 4:04pm On Jul 05, 2015
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by tonytony208(m): 4:08pm On Jul 05, 2015
ndidibabe:
My friend, spelling is not a big deal when you use a platform like this. It could be auto-corrected. However, the poster could have made a mistake. Do not be overconfident about your written English. Did you see where you used a conjunction after a full stop? I am sure you don't know that's wrong. "You have for no authority"? What sort of English is that? I am not here to defend anyone. In fact, the HND guy should stop thinking his certificate is the same as a degree. It is not so anywhere in the world. Rather, he should earnest possible means of improving his qualification. Some of my HND colleagues at Access Bank are quite smart and sometimes, i wonder why they couldn't make it to the University. I pity them a lot because of their very poor salary. However, the fact that you attended a mushroom University doesn't mean you are better than any of these guys.

thanks for pointing out the error. The "for" is a typo. And for your info, "and" can be used to begin a sentence; it is a way of writing.

Have you read or heard about a book titled "And the man died"? Am certain you now understand.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by tonytony208(m): 4:11pm On Jul 05, 2015
sexynabila:
hahahaha... u falll ur hand big time....if u r so educated...u shuld kw his spelling is correct...smh

are you saying "dangerious" is correct? Did you do dictation at all when you were in primary school?
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jul 05, 2015
erico2k2:

Bro where you have worked is not the Issue rather where you where employed is the issue, I will post three job vacancies in the Uk all mgt positions, you can point out the entry level requirements just give me a sec.
see this
http://www.totaljobs.com/JobSearch/JobDetails.aspx?JobId=62886867
For that position, the wage is £33k to 38k. Wages are incredibly low in the UK despite the high cost of living. That £33,000 is around the average starting salary for an entry level technologist to 2years experience (polytechnic graduate) in western Canada. An Engineering manager would be looking at a minimum of £65,000 in this part of the world.

erico2k2:
@2good, as you can see, no mention of BSc or MSc,if one can address those poking question and demonstrate his/her capability then you are good to go.trust me, its not easy to demonstrate them.Questions like how you deal with a late coming staff,how you deal with certain events and outcomes.They are more practical in teh west rather than dwelling in Degrees and cert.
erico2k2:

Thats why in the west, no one give a crap about your degree, demonstrate you can do the work and the job is yours
In Canada, which is part of the west too, it depends on the level of job. They are very much concerned about your qualifications. How would a company successfully bid for engineering contracts if level of education is not important Our clients check for so many interesting stuffs right from the education of drafters/engineers/pm's to our safety records/number of work related accidents from previous years e.t.c before awarding a contract.

I work in a company that designs and builds refineries, drilling rigs, well pads, pressure vessels e.t.c all over the world and It's a regulatory requirement in Canada, US and Australia that Engineers(with a minimum of bachelors degree) manage projects of such magnitude.

We have lots of technologists (poly graduates). For every engineer recruited, like 5 polytech graduates would also be employed. Polytechnic grad jobs are usually limited to designs, drafting, welding inspections, supervising technicians, ndt e.t.c. These fields equally pay very good money too as they get lots of overtime and living out allowances for those in the field.

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by tonytony208(m): 4:16pm On Jul 05, 2015
Abbey2sam:

and you think you just write a good english? clap for yourself, i've seen worse university students,

lemme ask you, can Elizabeth speak your language?

1. You should have written this in your local language, since elizabeth cant speak your language.

2. Tell your government to cancel the use of english language as official language.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by tonytony208(m): 4:18pm On Jul 05, 2015
Megaflex:
heheheheh!!! "you've for no authority to judge my English". BSC holder indeed. you'r jst a local "shampion"

the "for" is a typo.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by tonytony208(m): 4:21pm On Jul 05, 2015
hotgunz:
guy u re jst makin fool of ur self. Jst keep shut, ur kind will surely b those dat wrote exam in special centre's

go and die
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by tonytony208(m): 4:25pm On Jul 05, 2015
momo22:

Your are the most idiotic person on earth. Are you not judging somebody's English? Are u a Briton? Just because of a mistake in spelling see what you are spewing! By the way is English our language? Mr grammatical Mumu!

your dad is an eediot and your mum is a mumu. Your monicker also says you are mumu multiplied by 22.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Kaleni(m): 4:29pm On Jul 05, 2015
Thank God i had both HND nd B.sc certificates..... But to say the reality the two certificate are not the same.. The system of learning is not the same at at all.... #wink
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by tonytony208(m): 4:32pm On Jul 05, 2015
omokab:
you need to be ashamed of yourself. Just check all what you typed and give yourself a mark. For instance you can't even put apostrophe in can't big shame on you not to talk of others. We have many Bsc holders that can not even speak correct english talk less of writing. To do presentation or writing a report is a problem to many of them. This what am telling you is a fact because I work with one of the federal government agency. One of my colleague in office that graduated from uniport does not even know what accounting is talking about. He said it openly that he just started to learn accounting when he was doing his masters. At least ICAN records should be your guide between bsc and hnd holers likewise coren for engineering courses.

i intentionally wrote cant that way. It is only an eediotic deadhead like you that will make a big deal of that.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by tonytony208(m): 4:37pm On Jul 05, 2015
aleem50:
which school did you graduate from or which school did you graduated from? Is that how you are thought in your so called university?

what i wrote is the correct thing. Go back to JSS 1 Brighter grammar and learn how to construct question sentences.

And to educate you, it is not "thought"; rather, it is "taught".
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by tonytony208(m): 4:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
nnamdiokere45:
oya u wey go uni hope say na shell u dey work nw? am a graduate of futo n I tink d discrimination is bad

sorry bro, aint nothing you can do about it. It is only in nigeria that non-uni graduates want to be equal to uni graduates.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by tonytony208(m): 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2015
manchester1:
but to think of it or President does not have this bsc but yet his ruling you with the big degree.

pls, translate what you have written to english language.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by luthorcorp: 4:45pm On Jul 05, 2015
tonytony208:

you are an eediot. Go through that nonsense you have written and ask yourself if "incentive" is the right choice of word. But i doubt if you will notice the difference. You also imported the word "incorrigible" from nowhere to impress peeps. It is clear you dont know the meaning of incorrigible. And where did you see "low witted"? It is clear you are worse than steupid.
grin
tonytony208:

*drinking koko garri**
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by tonytony208(m): 4:49pm On Jul 05, 2015
tabaski:
@tonytony208"which polytechnic did u graduate from".For ur mind na correct English be that? Graduate from or graduated from? So much for Bsc holder. Mtchew

i will refer you to jss 1 brighter grammer. It will teach you how to construct question sentences. You seem to be lacking in that area.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by tonytony208(m): 4:55pm On Jul 05, 2015
ayoolanr:

Dude.....you ought to be ashamed of yourself.....your standard of measuring his intelligence is based on a FOREIGN standard. After-all English language is not our Mother tongue! What i am trying to say is this.......re-read his write up and you will see he has made a clear distinction as to when it is or not permissible to discriminate between the forms of qualification....It is implied when you focus a little bit more ....LOL...pele, i know it's not easy to use a large portion of our brains!!!! grin

are you saying your brain already useless and not revivable? Am sorry for your mental loss. Take heart, ok?
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by tonytony208(m): 4:58pm On Jul 05, 2015
UncleJudax:

You don't want your written english to be judged, but you were doing same to another person's grammar.

You shouldn't have made that last statement...you just shot yourself in the foot.

the "for" is a typo. "Dangerious" is a steupid mistake.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by tonytony208(m): 5:01pm On Jul 05, 2015
habayommy:

"Can't" not "cant". You were busy pointing out his mistake, ignoring the message he was trying to pass across 'abi'?
Maybe you wanted to spell "c*nt" not "cant" grin cheesy

it is only an eediot like you that will make a big deal out of a word like "cant".
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by frank043(m): 5:21pm On Jul 05, 2015
creepsyme:
hahahahahaha never mind if I may feel bad or not, I'd already made up my mind never to get upset cos I did not provide any vacancy for that. enjoy ur sunday!

You stylishly avoided answering the question... Hmmmm. Diaris god oooo.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by simplisity(m): 5:24pm On Jul 05, 2015
One can speak the whole english in d whole world and still have nothing upstair. Most world inventors r technicians includin Albert einten. After all d noisy Bsc in mechanical engr, u cant even change a bad plug etc. It is only done in nigeria, even most forein companies in nigeria dont care weder HND or Bsc, all they care is wat u can be able to do or ur capacity. Buhari will stop all this nonsense.
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Imokay: 5:35pm On Jul 05, 2015
damilareoye:
Am tired of the so called discrimination. why should one be rated above the other. even in some field of study, a polytechnic graduate is far better than a university graduate. no wonder one of my lecturer was telling me university graduate are meant to be boss and I was like 'smh' for these man.
mind you, am a uni student.

What is all these talk about one qualification being better than the other? It seems the purpose of having universities separate from polytechnics is lost on most Nigerians. That is why you will find many Nigerians expect that a Mechanical Engineering professor should be uncoupling a car engine, then what is the role of auto-technicians and artisans?

All these hues and cries is because we have lost focus as a people and all we are after is the bottom line salary not joint effort, and relative contribution.

Until everyone start playing his proper role we are going nowhere as a nation. As far as we keep putting HND holder (technologist) to handle B.sc holder(engineer-after 4 years of practice) job, we will get our usual mediocre results.
Some organisation are even proud to recruit Bsc holders for jobs meant for OND or WASC holders, or even the idiotic and degrading graduate driver's scheme.

1 Like

Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by habayommy: 5:40pm On Jul 05, 2015
tonytony208:

it is only an eediot like me that will make a big deal out of a word like "dangerious".

Better cheesy

You are forgiven, GO AND SIN NO MORE. grin
Re: Hnd/b.sc Holders Discrimination: Irrelevant, Dangerious & Unconstitutional. by Mznaett: 5:47pm On Jul 05, 2015
Reskii it seem u did'nt get my point correctly?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Teacher Breaks A 4-Year-Old Boy's Teeth (Graphic Photos) / Ninety Percent Of Nigerian Students Are Guilty Of This! / Alexandria Braie Is Babcock University Best Graduating Student (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.