Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,756 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:33 AM

Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. (5489 Views)

Media Consultant Sues Alison-madueke For Illegally Using His Name To Attack OBJ / Yorubas Are The Most Sophisticated Nigerians, Says Ojo Madueke / Picture Of Ojo Madueke At Un General Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by jaguda(m): 1:50pm On Mar 05, 2009
Come on guys, issues like this need to be approached squarely. the poster is not testing the waters for Maduekwe, ok. Ojo is not the right man for the job. He is a over recycled politician with nothing to offer. Rilwanu Luqman is Nigeria's number one. most experienced oil technocrat with enormous experience, and administrations still shuffle him back on us, what new angle has he brought in, subsidy removal? dose were OBJ's reasons for price increase. oil sector reforms, nothing to show for it. @ 70, he is returned again. Me thinks Ojo is on the same path, politically relevant to the party but not to the country.

fesse:

when yar'dua reshuffle his cabinet, it is only Ojo that is still holding his original portfolio. One thing with Nigerian people is that they never considers good and competent persons. They need peoplelike David Mark, Atiku, Obasanjo etc, so that they will enrich their pockets illegally.
@knowall, how many ministers are competent and active in their various ministries? Lets consider and appreciate what is right at least for once. The guy is fit, capable and competent to handle the post of a president if given but since Nigeria politics is full of evil minded people, he might not make it.

Did Yar 'Adua tell you the criteria for dropping Ministers, cos he didn't tell me. How different is Maduekwe from Mark, Atiku and OBJ? have u checked his assets? and to cap it, Maduekwe can make it to the Presidency because he is evil minded too and devious as the average politician.
ayobase:

thats tight man!!

So everyone 4 Madueke!

COUNT ME OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dipsyn:

@tpia, am amazed at your defination of intelligence, because he knows ow to manipulate his way thru all governance, let me list some people I count as Intelligent people like Gani (san), Oshiomole (present edo state gov), Wole Soyinka, etc these are people that at one point in their lives have stood for good not a green snake under a green grass like Ojo. please don't be gullible by the book cover lets c what the content has, thats what am askin for. If he as being in Government for so long I presume his list of acheivment is meant to showcase that?

thank you. What has Ojo Maduekwe achieved in all these years in govt? tell the house.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by stoikjoy: 2:34pm On Mar 05, 2009
At the moment any body who is not a member of PDP should forget about the presidency. So the question of pat utomi, wole soyinka,Gani, nwuche bein more competent is out of the issue-since they are not PDP members. the issue is that among all the PDP members interested in that position today - he is best qualified.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by KnowAll(m): 2:38pm On Mar 05, 2009
"Nnaa ihere mekpoo gi anya na udi okwua ina ekwu, inaghi ekwu okwu ka nwa afor. Ndi ozo nile chigoro obodoa ha ekwesichara ichi, Nna ka anyi meere nu onwe anyi ebere, onu ana akpo anyi erika , ka anyi hapu iji aka anyi emeto aha anyi na aga n'iru.
Ofu okwu ezugooro onye ma ihe."

What d f**k is this, this is not an Igbo thread.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by naijaking1: 2:50pm On Mar 05, 2009
KnowAll:

"Nnaa ihere mekpoo gi anya na udi okwua ina ekwu, inaghi ekwu okwu ka nwa afor. Ndi ozo nile chigoro obodoa ha ekwesichara ichi, Nna ka anyi meere nu onwe anyi ebere, onu ana akpo anyi erika , ka anyi hapu iji aka anyi emeto aha anyi na aga n'iru.
Ofu okwu ezugooro onye ma ihe."

What d f**k is this, this is not an Igbo thread.

Are you saying you don't want to be Maduekwe's running mate?
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by larez(m): 2:52pm On Mar 05, 2009
stoik_joy:

At the moment any body who is not a member of PDP should forget about the presidency. So the question of pat utomi, wole soyinka,Gani, nwuche bein more competent is out of the issue-since they are not PDP members. the issue is that among all the PDP members interested in that position today - he is best qualified.

You are obviously not keeping up with today's trends. Have you not seen all the governors being kicked out? I can assure you that without rigging, if ANPP and AC get a coalition going, PDP will be badly defeated. Iwu needs to be removed for real elections to happen in Nigeria.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by stoikjoy: 2:57pm On Mar 05, 2009
Larez,
But PDP still dominates the entire nigeria polity. so it is most likely that whoever will succeed next presidency will emerge from PDP, OK
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by gReenmAn(m): 3:03pm On Mar 05, 2009
Here we go again with our collective streak of frightening amnesia. Those rooting for Ojo seem to have forgotten that its this same guy that would have us all ride on Bicycles only when he was Minister of Transport. He myopically inferred to Japan & China as bike riding nations while conveniently ignoring the fact Nigerian roads are not like those of the mentioned countries. To prove his stupid point, Ojo Madueke tried riding a bike to his office, and he fell and broke his leg! Those are the kind of visions his presidency will try to implement.

President ko.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by stoikjoy: 3:26pm On Mar 05, 2009
My brother there was nottin wrong with the concept of diversifying our mode of transport. It is a good dea, and it will make our present transport , traffic management, and driving proccess more efficient for us all. The multiplier effect in the society is endless ok.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by mustafar1: 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2009
sure theres nothing wrong with riding a bike. but over what distance does riding a bike make sense. riding a bike from surulere to VI or riding it around VI to go buy bread, eeg and satis for breakfast?
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by fegflu: 3:36pm On Mar 05, 2009
Look the whole idea was for it to complement our motor transportation- and not to eliminate the usage of a car to work for a bike. This is the piont pple should grasp properly before criticizin the guy.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by fegflu: 3:38pm On Mar 05, 2009
Look let me tell u something British Tory Party leader David Cameron drives a bike to work, so the rationale behind the idea was good.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by sley4life(m): 3:54pm On Mar 05, 2009
to hell with ojo, atiku is better than ojo. But ojo & obj may be the same
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by gReenmAn(m): 4:07pm On Mar 05, 2009
Look let me tell u something British Tory Party leader David Cameron drives a bike to work, so the rationale behind the idea was good.
I can tell you, for free, that David Cameron wouldn't dare ride from Agege to Lekki. He would fix the roads first. That is the moral of the gist: create an enabling environment first before trying to implement such radical and far reaching changes.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by fegflu: 4:26pm On Mar 05, 2009
Greenman,
Can being a minister for transport for just one term -enough to fix all the road problems in nigeria? lets be realistic here. was the bad road his making?
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by yemmight(m): 4:37pm On Mar 05, 2009
Are you saying Ojo is the best bet Igbo could produce out of the lots in that region? Then we are in trouble.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by fegflu: 4:40pm On Mar 05, 2009
For now - best bet in PDP.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by gReenmAn(m): 5:01pm On Mar 05, 2009
Funny enough, Ojo is my next door neighbor in the village, I should be rooting for him. But truth is, he is a non performer, charity they say begins at home. But the road in his area is the worst in the country. If you've been in the highest corridors of power for over 6 years and your immediate constituency cant feel any Federal presence nor feel you as an individual, that for me, is FAILURE!
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by Jarus(m): 5:19pm On Mar 05, 2009
After Akala, Iwu and Ahmadu Ali, Ojo Madueke is the Nigerian polital personality I hate most. How could I have ever considered such a man for president.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by tpia: 5:51pm On Mar 05, 2009
gReenmAn:

Funny enough, Ojo is my next door neighbor in the village, I should be rooting for him. But truth is, he is a non performer, charity they say begins at home. But the road in his area is the worst in the country. If you've been in the highest corridors of power for over 6 years and your immediate constituency cant feel any Federal presence nor feel you as an individual, that for me, is FAILURE!

check your profile picture.

maybe the man is afraid of you, hence his absence from home.

if una go dey take bad eye look person everytime, why im no go comot imself from una front.

If I were him I'd do the same.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by Affalatus: 6:32pm On Mar 05, 2009
You want an Igbo for President. Does it have to be a man? Is it a must the person must have wealth that cannot be accounted for? Is it a must that the person must come from a disgruntled minority within a particular tribe in order to foster ample room for divide and rule tactics?

Do Nigerians want Progress? If yes look for Progressive people with pragmatic ideas and credentials that border on the protection of the principle stated at a time by Marcus Cicero: The greater good of the people should be the chief law of the land.

As for me as an IGBO man if all the IGBOS in PDP suddenly died except Ojo Madueke i would still not want him anywhere near the candidacy for Presidence.

His has not shown for me the rugged scares of a true leader in the defence of truth, the upholdment of Justice or the projection of a greater hope for Nigerians as a whole or in sections except maybe his children and Kinsmen and i think i still need to interview them least they too are not happy with him.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by Affalatus: 6:35pm On Mar 05, 2009
Sorry,He has not shown for me the rugged scars of a true leader in the defence of truth, the upholdment of Justice or the projection of a greater hope for Nigerians as a whole or in sections except maybe his children and Kinsmen and i think i still need to interview them least they too are not happy with him.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by stoikjoy: 7:14pm On Mar 05, 2009
Affalatus,

If u want truth in politics then you need to move to a different line of proffession. Politics is about interests. And as such things are never always in the up and up.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by fegflu: 9:25pm On Mar 05, 2009
Politics can be define as the Business of interest.

Business - involves commerce which in turn breeds greed.
Interest- what are u offerin for wat i am giving you -which n turn breeds godfatherism

Affalatus are u hearing me? Did u find truth anywhere in the definition above? NO

so the question of truth in politics is completely not part of it.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by davidif: 11:09pm On Mar 05, 2009
i don't care if he is ibo or not all i care is if he has INTEGRITY and if HE IS COMPETENT.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by davidif: 8:15am On Mar 06, 2009
flegflu, politics is about public service, you do it because you want to serve and help people. Politics should never be a business where people are out for themselves or to make money. If you want to make money, then go to the private sector my friend where the money is much better. But if you are the type that does not care about money but just wants to make a difference in peoples lives and in the community all while being paid just a marginal salary then politics is for you.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by gReenmAn(m): 8:47am On Mar 06, 2009
Yeah davidif, tell them.

Politics is about selflessness and the WILL to engender betterment for the majority of the populace.
Though Ojo appears intelligent and confident but deep down he is only a self preservationist, a yessirman that wouldn't stand up for anything, much less stand up for integrity. This makes him a very weak candidate for presidency.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by fegflu: 1:22pm On Mar 06, 2009
Davidiff,

Dont give us western or textbook definition of politics.
In Nigeria- that is the definition of politics.
And nigerians know its true- business of interests of a few pit moustache folks.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by youngies(m): 3:31pm On Mar 06, 2009
Jarus:

After Akala, Iwu and Ahmadu Ali, Ojo Madueke is the Nigerian polital personality I hate most. How could I have ever considered such a man for president.
Jarus, Islam said you shouldn't hate cheesy

@Poster
By world standard, Ojo Maduekwe is not fit to be the headmaster of a public school, but by Nigerian standard Ojo Maduekwe is very fit and competent to be our President. Is it not in this country that we have had characters like Abacha, IBB, OBJ, Abudulslam and even Yaradua being our president or head of state. Our standard is so low that I won't be surprise if Ahmed Sani Yerima becomes our next president in 2011.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by citizenY(m): 3:42pm On Mar 06, 2009
gReenmAn (m)

Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President.
« #112 on: Yesterday at 05:01:33 PM »

See now Dis na from the grass roots. I happen to have been there in the hey days when the man was chopping NMA and NPA like mad.

His people have talked, need we say more?

In the same vein, It does not really matter who PDP gives the ticket, all is a journey to the grave, going by events in the south west, they will salvage themselves, South East nko to APGA/PPA, Na only South south and North go remain and I enjoin my brothers to shine their eye well well, be ready to do battle and get these pests out of our courtyards. Nigeria will only be sane when PDP is out of the way.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by Moves: 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2009
But- We have auty Dora in the PDP, She is a better contestant than Ojo, Also there is Soludo as well.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by emcaluv(m): 4:24pm On Mar 06, 2009
You guys are busy condemning politicians but i bet you, you cannot do better than them. Start from where you are right now. How is your life affecting your neighbour? positively or negatively? Do you see someone from another tribe as your brother? Can you give merit a chance rather than nepotism?Political appointments are based on that in Nigeria.How many of you in Nairaland can stick out their neck to die for Nigeria?How patroitic are you?If given a chance to govern, will you leave your associates, allies, brothers and fans to favour a decent, rare-gem that is fit for that same position?

The problem of Nigeria is not who governs the country but nigerians as a whole. that includes us in Nairaland. We are supposed to brain storm here in order to resolve some issues that bothers us.

PDP or no PDP is not the problem here. If you like dissolve PDP, the same crop of criminals will still gather and form another party and give it a name. It is like a Mafia cartel. OBJ's 8yrs rule could not deliver us from Power Problem. Some of our so-called legislators are major importers(either directly or indirectly) of Generator sets in this country. Question: How could they pass a law that will ban the importation of Gen set in this country?

Until you decide to be a patroit, we cannot go far. An American will sacrifice his life for America. The last thing a Nigerian will do is to take his life for this country. Even the Police that took oath to protect us even at the expense of their life has failed.

Whether you put Ojo maduekwe there or not will not change anything.
Do you know the pains people in Niger delta are going thro? God blessed them with resources but our so called leaders has plunged them into abject poverty.
Re: Has Anybody Considered Ojo Madueke For President. by Eziachi: 8:11pm On Mar 06, 2009
KnowAll:

I dont hate Igbos, infact I have 3 good freinds in London, 1 Igbo, 2 Rivers- Kalabari man, and the 3rd Yoruba. but I hate denials historical facts should not be distorted. I am full qualified Naija man, my 1st wife is Igbo did not workout and I am currently married to Edo woman. I am a detribalized Nigerian grin

Of course you don't hate Igbos, the same way slave traders claimed not to hate black man but still rate him less than a horse. Or like most racist white people, their first line of defence is always my best friend is black or my in-law's best friend is black.

By the way who do you think cocked up? Ojo Nmaduekwe or the ambassador?
If this ambassador is a governor in the western region when Ojo is still in his nappies according to you, so how old is this ambassador then and how old is Ojo himself, who must be close to seventy years of age or even more?
So if the war ended 38 years ago and Ojo is one of the Kwashiokor kids that made your day, it means then that Ojo is about 40 now as we speak, probabaly younger than his own second son.
LOL!!!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Nationals Beaten Up By Angry Locals In Ambedkar Nagar / Breaking News: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest - September 2015 / Happening Now: Igbos In Usa Are On Ground For Show Down Against Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.