Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:57 PM

My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday - Nairaland / General (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday (46316 Views)

This Long Snake Was Killed In My Neighbour's Room Yesterday Night / Killed This Python In My Room! / 'THING' I Killed Inside My Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by hrhobi1(m): 10:25am On Jul 04, 2015
Yea, killed one in my kitchen 2 days ago. They are attracted by lizards and small rats.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by wummyanthoy: 10:25am On Jul 04, 2015
Commot frm dat area abi mk u find solution 2 ds kind thing cos no be d 1st time u go tell us ds kind thng! Tnk God 4 U dat U were nt harmed !
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:27am On Jul 04, 2015
Ishilove:
Isn't this snake non-venomous?

It doesn't matter o....snake na snake grin

1 Like

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by shotster50(m): 10:31am On Jul 04, 2015
Thats a grass snake and not venomous at all
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by ricki: 10:31am On Jul 04, 2015
Look like black Mamba

Very poisonous
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Khd95(m): 10:33am On Jul 04, 2015
Green. Snake under green grass grin u sabi d proverb. Na

As u don kill d snake na Godwin

Harmless or nt anytime. ND anywher I c snake I kill am ni wink

1 Like

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by VickJames(m): 10:34am On Jul 04, 2015
We killed 8 of these snakes in my flat when I was in school. We didn't know the mother snake gave birth to them in the observer chamber of our toilet.

When we finished killing them after 3days of serious hunting, no one dared to sleep in that room until the next semester.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Malita156(f): 10:36am On Jul 04, 2015
If it is a rough green snake, you are safe. If it is a green mamba, you are not safe. Don't wait to find out. Kill it!
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by xdos(m): 10:41am On Jul 04, 2015
@OP... you just killed their sister... watch ur back cos the brothers will soon be coming to avenge the death of their beloved sister. I even learnt her brothers are black in color... cry cry cry
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 10:46am On Jul 04, 2015
eagleonearth:
I was chilling on my bed inside my bedroom around noon when I experienced a shocker.
A snake's head popped up by my window. my bed is by the window side. In fact the distance between my head and that of the snake was not more than 3 metres. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the beast. I quickly ran out of the room and
when I checked outside, I discovered that a fairly long snake was stretched out by my window net.
Impulsively, I attacked it and tore part of the net. When I discovered that I will tear a sizeable part of my
window net if I sustained the attack, I decided to wait and let it crawl out. Instead of crawling out, it crawled
into my room thru that window. I confronted it inside my room and killed it. Someone once told me that that
specie of snake is harmless. question is: if it was harmless, why was it advancing toward me knowing fully well that
I was lying down there. We call it akaede in my Igbo parlance. well, I bless God I escaped it's attack. Fellow NLs, your candid opinions
are needed: Is this snake a threat to humans or not? find pix below:

Bros, from experience a similar 'snake visited me' like a year plus ago I killed it with the help of my neighbours.
Less than 2 weeks ago a deadlier specie visited again. I successfully killed it and that marked the end of my 'wahala'.
Pray, fast and do all the necessary.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by dulux07(m): 10:47am On Jul 04, 2015
Ibime:

That's not a green mamba, that's a green tree snake
Tree snakes r not found in africa, mainly in australia.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by spinna: 10:50am On Jul 04, 2015
Man i thought it was a harmless grass snake till i saw that Green western Mamba post..
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by jnrbayano(m): 10:52am On Jul 04, 2015
starlingslimnet:
Colour and head shape

Hugely insufficient!

Mambas generally are highly agile, long and aggressive. It can outrun you on a sprint (that's If you don't run very fast) they are the fastest of any snake specie.

Green mambas are predominantly arboreal.

Green mambas are not found in Nigeria anymore.

The Op will find killing it extremely hard without getting a bite in the face if it were to be a Mamba of any specie.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by dulux07(m): 10:53am On Jul 04, 2015
Digriz:
U are wrong, that snake is harmless and not a green mamba though I won't blame the op for killing it. Both look similar only that the green mamba will like to attack when confronted bt this one will run on sighting you.

Most snakes will try to run wen confronted, but attacked when pushed to d wall. The op said it was advancing towards him, dats one of d major xracter of a mamba, they r aggressive. All snakes r venomous xcept for pythons. Those who say its harmless r being told, non is speakin rm xperience

1 Like

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by justi4jesu(f): 10:53am On Jul 04, 2015
Eyop:

same here but there was a thread here on Nairaland about how one particular area in South-East worship snake now or didn't you see that thread?

No I didn't see the thread cheesy cheesy
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by ivyy(f): 10:54am On Jul 04, 2015
[quote author=LadyBoss1 post=35468946]

Yh ... smiley

Anyway any plans for the weekend ?
[/quoteD

Home hun enjoying the weekend with fam cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by uchennaq(m): 10:56am On Jul 04, 2015
tetraman:
Someone mentioned the green mamba. It seems to be the one.

From Wikipedia :
The western green mamba is a very alert, nervous, and extremely agile snake that lives mainly in the coastal tropical rainforest, thicket, and woodland regions of western Africa. Like all the other mambas, the western green mamba is a highly venomous elapid species. Its venom is a highly potent mixture of rapid-acting presynaptic and postsynaptic neurotoxins (dendrotoxins), cardiotoxins and fasciculins. Some consider this species to not be a particularly aggressive snake, but others have suggested that they are extremely nervous and are prone to attack aggressively when cornered. Conflict with humans is low compared to some other species found in the region. Bites to people by this species are quite uncommon. Their mortality rate, however, is high; many of the recorded bites have been fatal. Rapid progression of severe, life-threatening symptoms are hallmarks of mamba bites. Bites with envenomation can be rapidly fatal. Case reports of rapidly fatal outcomes, in as little as 30 minutes, have been recorded for this species.

POINT OF CORRECTION. THIS IS NOT GREEN MAMBA BUT GREEN GRASS SNAKE COMMONLY FOUND IN NIGERIA. IT IS NOT A POISONOUS SNAKE. MAKE RESEARCH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by dulux07(m): 10:56am On Jul 04, 2015
jnrbayano:

Stop spreading lies!
Okay, undecided if u dont ve ur reasons, it is not a must u comment. M lyin for what . Mtcheew.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by jnrbayano(m): 10:56am On Jul 04, 2015
spinna:
Man i thought it was a harmless grass snake till i saw that Green western Mamba post..

It is not a Green Mamba by any stretch of the imagination
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by jnrbayano(m): 10:59am On Jul 04, 2015
jnrbayano:

Hugely insufficient!

Mambas generally are highly agile, long and aggressive. It can outrun you on a sprint (that's If you don't run very fast) they are the fastest of any snake specie.

Green mambas are predominantly arboreal.

Green mambas are not found in Nigeria anymore.

The Op will find killing it extremely hard without getting a bite in the face if it were to be a Mamba of any specie.

Cc: dulux07
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by dulux07(m): 11:00am On Jul 04, 2015
dayo23:
Well said, it a Green Mamba highly deadly, the African black mamba is the most deadliest of all
Thank u jare, u sabi, some say its not green mamba, then what is d name, cos tree snake only exist in australia,
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by firfinch(m): 11:01am On Jul 04, 2015
U for no kill am. . . Nna na your aspecial guest.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Eyop: 11:01am On Jul 04, 2015
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by OCcool: 11:02am On Jul 04, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
@Op, you are a bloody murderer! In what way has that snake harmed you? If its presence bothers you next time get a long thin stick and stretch it to the snake it will take the offer and coil itself around it. Then go and place the stick on a grass away from your house. It will be happy and wish blessing on you.
You've got to be kidding me.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by hyfr(m): 11:03am On Jul 04, 2015
redcliff:
Lol. all these bush corner rooms...see the carpet sef... grin
we know u live in a penthouse. Proud cow
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by lebete3000: 11:04am On Jul 04, 2015
20bc:
op that was exactly the same kind of snake that entered my room weeks ago, it went and hide it self near where the cable to my TV,extension and the rest cable is, I thank God my sister noticed it while watching TV, i didnt waste time I swung into action and smashed its head....Thank God you also did the same

I envy you guys who kill snakes like ants...I hate snakes like shiiite...dey freak, scare & irritate d shiiiite outta me..

Na my wife go dey kill snake for me oh...walahi!
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 04, 2015
eagleonearth:
I've been thanking him since then. but is the snake really deadly?

It's not deadly, do u live in the mangroves? I thought this snake is only found there .
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by mekzyjoe(m): 11:05am On Jul 04, 2015
dulux07:
Thank God it did not bite u. If m not mistaken thats a west africa green mamba, its highly venomous, n its bite could be fatal. Never judge a snake by its size.
green snakes like dis r nt poisonous pls
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Ibime(m): 11:06am On Jul 04, 2015
dulux07:

Tree snakes r not found in africa, mainly in australia.

Sorry, just call it Green snake. I added tree cos I always find it in trees.

It's definitely not a mamba. Green Mambas are longer and have a black colouration running through their green scales.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Duletion(m): 11:08am On Jul 04, 2015
jnrbayano:

How did you know this?

Its looks, behaviour, habitat or what?
i know from my knowledge of the mambas . This is just one specie out of like three
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by jamalchance(m): 11:10am On Jul 04, 2015
Come whr una dey live sef
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by justi4jesu(f): 11:17am On Jul 04, 2015
[quote author=Eyop post=35470238]

Oya: https://www.nairaland.com/2389549/town-anambra-state-snakes-visits cheesy cheesy[/quote

Goose Bumps, I can't read it jor sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Black Snake I Killed In My Room This Morning / Jeeez.... See What This Bus Driver Did With Our #1,000 Note / Which Of These Rivalries Is The Biggest In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.