Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday (46347 Views)

This Long Snake Was Killed In My Neighbour's Room Yesterday Night / Killed This Python In My Room! / 'THING' I Killed Inside My Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:09pm On Jul 04, 2015
[size=18pt]I think this barbarism against Gods creatures stems from your christian bakward beliefs.[/size]
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Xcozee(m): 1:17pm On Jul 04, 2015
[font:serif][size=60pt]may God continue to save us[/size]
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Gurgle(f): 1:19pm On Jul 04, 2015
U2ice:

Naxo o....I learnt de dnt kill a snake by cuttin it head off

but if youre in hot soup like that you wont even be thinking which one is head or tail
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by eaglechild: 1:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
dulux07:

It arguably d green mamba. Cos that is d major green snake common in west africa.
It is not the green mamba.

Look closely at the scales and you will see that it has no intermediate black under skin that is characteristic of the west African green mamba.
Also the West African green mamba is not as lush green as the eastern one but has a yellow green ventral surface.

This particular snake is fairly common in grassed areas even in urban centres and they are empirically known to be harmless.
We need our own local ophiologist or herpetologist to help in identifying some species which may not have been previously identified.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Donbabajayz(m): 1:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
I am a little familiar with this kind of snake, and I can say from experience that the snake is NOT VENOMOUS, in okposi, ohaozara lga ebonyi state, it is called AKA, (green snake in English) and it is forbidden for an indigene to harm the snake, else you will have to bury it in the traditional way ( traditions though, that wan no concern me). I as a person have had several encounters with the said snake and all I do is chase it away with water or sand, the snake fear me pass as I fear am self, e run pass Usain bolt. it is very different from green mamba which has black spots. In conclusion, bros n sis if YOU do not believe in traditional BRUHAHAS, when you see a snake, kill it first and ask questions later, MY ONE KOBO
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by saintbeckie(f): 1:29pm On Jul 04, 2015
Bro,i fnk God for ur life oo, wat if it was in d night while sleeping? Who knows wat wud av happened? May God continue to shield us frm every unseen evil.

Original Stone coated roof tiles and Step tiles Aluminum now available in ABEOKUTA!!!
Available in different designs and colors. For inquiries and quotation,CALL/WHATSAPP 08034116430,BBM-265E9FC7

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by U2ice(m): 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2015
Gurgle:

but if youre in hot soup like that you wont even be thinking which one is head or tail

Well I av actually killd snakes b4 always keepin in mind nt to cut d head off....
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Gurgle(f): 1:45pm On Jul 04, 2015
U2ice:

Well I av actually killd snakes b4 always keepin in mind nt to cut d head off....

you can come and help me. cant even imagine what would do if I saw a snake
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Baroba(m): 1:55pm On Jul 04, 2015
Mamba ke? That's an African green grass snake scattered all over Africa, they are non venomous, and feed on little rodents and insects..
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Baroba(m): 1:58pm On Jul 04, 2015
eaglechild:

It is not the green mamba.

Look closely at the scales and you will see that it has no intermediate black under skin that is characteristic of the west African green mamba.
Also the West African green mamba is not as lush green as the eastern one but has a yellow green ventral surface.

This particular snake is fairly common in grassed areas even in urban centres and they are empirically known to be harmless.
We need our own local ophiologist or herpetologist to help in identifying some species which may not have been previously identified.

Nicely put brother...
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by idupaul: 2:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
eagleonearth:
I was chilling on my bed inside my bedroom around noon when I experienced a shocker.
A snake's head popped up by my window. my bed is by the window side. In fact the distance between my head and that of the snake was not more than 3 metres. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the beast. I quickly ran out of the room and
when I checked outside, I discovered that a fairly long snake was stretched out by my window net.
Impulsively, I attacked it and tore part of the net. When I discovered that I will tear a sizeable part of my
window net if I sustained the attack, I decided to wait and let it crawl out. Instead of crawling out, it crawled
into my room thru that window. I confronted it inside my room and killed it. Someone once told me that that
specie of snake is harmless. question is: if it was harmless, why was it advancing toward me knowing fully well that
I was lying down there. We call it akaede in my Igbo parlance. well, I bless God I escaped it's attack. Fellow NLs, your candid opinions
are needed: Is this snake a threat to humans or not? find pix below:

Do you stay in Ajah
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
eagleonearth:
I was chilling on my bed inside my bedroom around noon when I experienced a shocker.
A snake's head popped up by my window. my bed is by the window side. In fact the distance between my head and that of the snake was not more than 3 metres. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the beast. I quickly ran out of the room and
when I checked outside, I discovered that a fairly long snake was stretched out by my window net.
Impulsively, I attacked it and tore part of the net. When I discovered that I will tear a sizeable part of my
window net if I sustained the attack, I decided to wait and let it crawl out. Instead of crawling out, it crawled
into my room thru that window. I confronted it inside my room and killed it. Someone once told me that that
specie of snake is harmless. question is: if it was harmless, why was it advancing toward me knowing fully well that
I was lying down there. We call it akaede in my Igbo parlance. well, I bless God I escaped it's attack. Fellow NLs, your candid opinions
I hear it's not. You can tell by the shape of the head. The wider the head compared to the rest of the body, the more poisonous the snake. Those green ones live in watery places, which means there is a habitat around your home. You need a cat to keep them off.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 04, 2015
PAGAN9JA:
[size=18pt]I think this barbarism against Gods creatures stems from your christian bakward beliefs.[/size]
What would you do if a Cobra confronted you?

1 Like

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by IYANGBALI: 2:23pm On Jul 04, 2015
Coward,no be your mate dey play with cobra and python?
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nemesis99(m): 2:36pm On Jul 04, 2015
undecidedGUY u be block head. so, na until the snake threaten am before he act abi? why u no start dey rare snakes since u knw Hw to handle them
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by bukkab: 2:38pm On Jul 04, 2015
I realy thank God for you o.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by fortune1968: 2:48pm On Jul 04, 2015
[color=#000099][/color]it is african green snake . absolutely non -venonmous .they approach human dwellings in search of food (lizards ,rats ,insects etc) no need killing such snakes as they pose no danger at all. if it come your way next time ,just chase it away . we should avoid comitting murder !
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
it could have been a poisonous snake...
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by eagleonearth(m): 3:06pm On Jul 04, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
@Op, you are a bloody murderer! In what way has that snake harmed you? If its presence bothers you next time get a long thin stick and stretch it to the snake it will take the offer and coil itself around it. Then go and place the stick on a grass away from your house. It will be happy and wish blessing on you.
oh, I should have waited for it to strike first abi? Mbanu, my move was simply pre-emptive. It could have stayed in the bush away from my sight but chose to show up in my little abode, that's a death warrant on the part of the beast.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by KingTom(m): 3:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
ivyy:

Don't mind me I got tired of nl , no o done with school at least for now grin
Na why you just forget all of us throway? Issalrite sha cry
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 04, 2015
Its a green Garden Sneak ! Its doesn't bite !!! You just killed and innocent Visitor that Chases away the Rats and help eat the crawling insects in your House ! angry angry angry
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by 20bc(m): 3:31pm On Jul 04, 2015
meforyou1:
u are a liar
And you are very stupĀ”d wink wink
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jul 04, 2015
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_green_mamba

You're lucky...very deadly poison
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by chigoizie7(m): 3:46pm On Jul 04, 2015
Gurgle:

you can come and help me. cant even imagine what would do if I saw a snake

U can't imagine what u will do if u see a snake?

Just allow d snake to bite u.

Btw, u are on every thread, do u ve rest time @ all ?
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 04, 2015
human instinct to a surprise snake is always to kill....same for most animals....its our genetic instinct, like having an erection when you see a big bum...humans without the instinct have been phased out by darwin n evolution
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by nwaezeubom: 4:54pm On Jul 04, 2015
eagleonearth:

You called it a beast did you? now go back and find out the meaning of beast.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Sheikhmd007(m): 5:20pm On Jul 04, 2015
Well 'am a northerner and it have been reported that the snake is harmless and it's called mamba though mamba is a poisonous snake but the black one and the one found in African countries is green mamba though you did the right thing even if i see it anywhere i will kill it myself.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by oochi123(f): 5:26pm On Jul 04, 2015
Chubhie:
Now you've killed it, you may have missed a message sent from the gods to you.

You will have to conduct a proper burial for that messenger. PM me for all essential ingredients and procedures.
. Hahahahaha. U can lie!
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by oochi123(f): 5:30pm On Jul 04, 2015
fortune1968:
[color=#000099][/color]it is african green snake . absolutely non -venonmous .they approach human dwellings in search of food (lizards ,rats ,insects etc) no need killing such snakes as they pose no danger at all. if it come your way next time ,just chase it away . we should avoid comitting murder !
u no serious o
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by callmenow: 6:21pm On Jul 04, 2015
It looks like a mamba. These venomous reptiles forages for 'food' during the rainy season in unfamiliar places. The rain causes the confusion that it's main prey are scarce, so it looks for human abode amongst others to look for food. Don't even eat the mamba. It is highly venomous.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 6:28pm On Jul 04, 2015
Ahh Thank Da Lord

Do you live in Akwa Ibom State? Do you relish the desire to own your own business with little start up capital and promising returns in investment? Do you hope to look into the mirror each morning and know you are talking to the boss? Are you enterprising?/Would you love to be? Do you have an aptitude for thinking out of the box? Then call or add me up on whatsapp 08085188110. You will be glad you did

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Jeeez.... See What This Bus Driver Did With Our #1,000 Note / Big Python Killed In A Flour Mill In Apapa, Lagos (Photos) / True Life Story: My Ordeal With An Alien/Demon/Witch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.