Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,632 members, 7,809,368 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:22 AM

My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday - Nairaland / General (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday (46303 Views)

This Long Snake Was Killed In My Neighbour's Room Yesterday Night / Killed This Python In My Room! / 'THING' I Killed Inside My Room (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by dulux07(m): 11:18am On Jul 04, 2015
Ibime:

Sorry, just call it Green snake. I added tree cos I always find it in trees.

It's definitely not a mamba. Green Mambas are longer and have a black colouration running through their green scales.
The green snake is not venomous, but they r only found in america, so how come. The america continent is further away, how come d snake made its way to nigeria.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by dulux07(m): 11:19am On Jul 04, 2015
mekzyjoe:

green snakes like dis r nt poisonous pls
Smh, pls speak rm xperience, n not what u heard growing up. If its not green mamba, i wonder what it is
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by boladez(m): 11:20am On Jul 04, 2015
i believe the sanitary conditions of your compound or the next needs improvement.......rid the area of hiding places for snakes and other reptiles....however indeed you are very brave!
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Emekuswilson(m): 11:22am On Jul 04, 2015
shocked
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Mariojane(f): 11:26am On Jul 04, 2015
Am seeing blood. Do snakes have blood?
OP you are not nice at all. See how you separate the body from the head as if it is possible for it to resurrect after death if the body is still attached

Thank God for your life but next time don't tear your net to kill anything if there is another option to kill it. Imagine if the snake enters your room at nice. Be safe than sorry
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 11:29am On Jul 04, 2015
eagleonearth:
I was chilling on my bed inside my bedroom around noon when I experienced a shocker.
A snake's head popped up by my window. my bed is by the window side. In fact the distance between my head and that of the snake was not more than 3 metres. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the beast. I quickly ran out of the room and
when I checked outside, I discovered that a fairly long snake was stretched out by my window net.
Impulsively, I attacked it and tore part of the net. When I discovered that I will tear a sizeable part of my
window net if I sustained the attack, I decided to wait and let it crawl out. Instead of crawling out, it crawled
into my room thru that window. I confronted it inside my room and killed it. Someone once told me that that
specie of snake is harmless. question is: if it was harmless, why was it advancing toward me knowing fully well that
I was lying down there. We call it akaede in my Igbo parlance. well, I bless God I escaped it's attack. Fellow NLs, your candid opinions
are needed: Is this snake a threat to humans or not? find pix below:

The distance between your head and the snakes head was not more than 3m, bro my room is 3 X 3m...so are you living in a warehouse
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by ken2spaceman(m): 11:42am On Jul 04, 2015
Roast am chop u go know after 48hrs or make u use am preper Okra soup..........
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by ceejay80s(m): 11:44am On Jul 04, 2015
eagleonearth:
I was chilling on my bed inside my bedroom around noon when I experienced a shocker.
A snake's head popped up by my window. my bed is by the window side. In fact the distance between my head and that of the snake was not more than 3 metres. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the beast. I quickly ran out of the room and
when I checked outside, I discovered that a fairly long snake was stretched out by my window net.
Impulsively, I attacked it and tore part of the net. When I discovered that I will tear a sizeable part of my
window net if I sustained the attack, I decided to wait and let it crawl out. Instead of crawling out, it crawled
into my room thru that window. I confronted it inside my room and killed it. Someone once told me that that
specie of snake is harmless. question is: if it was harmless, why was it advancing toward me knowing fully well that
I was lying down there. We call it akaede in my Igbo parlance. well, I bless God I escaped it's attack. Fellow NLs, your candid opinions
Guy that snake don die but its still poisonous, make sure say u go burn and bury and don't let its bone shook u or anybody or else u na death, its still poisonous even after death
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Sleazo(m): 11:50am On Jul 04, 2015
dulux07:
Thank God it did not bite u. If m not mistaken thats a west africa green mamba, its highly venomous, n its bite could be fatal. Never judge a snake by its size.
thats likely an ordinary green grass snake and not a mamba. Mambas are thicker and extra fast. He would have been in the hospital bed by now if that was a mamba.anyway, prevention has always been better than cure.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by piicity(m): 11:58am On Jul 04, 2015
LadyBoss1:
O m G
Feel like crying i hate snakesssss
A green one at that
OP the green ones are poisonous right?
grin ,SNAKES DON'T HARM EXCEPT IT HAS AN APPOINTMENT WITH ITS CULPRITS
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by dulux07(m): 12:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
Sleazo:
thats likely an ordinary green grass snake and not a mamba. Mambas are thicker and extra fast. He would have been in the hospital bed by now if that was a mamba.anyway, prevention has always been better than cure.
But green snakes dont exist in africa, no matter how fast d snake is, its not as smart as humans. Remember it was trapped initially.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by shurlar50(m): 12:11pm On Jul 04, 2015
the snake z a jmeson's mamba
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by redsun(m): 12:12pm On Jul 04, 2015
Our inability to understand our surrounding is the core reason why we are faceless people today. Everything around us seems like mysteries because we fail to seek and understand what they are there for. We will rather believe fictitious oyinbo books like the bible than look closely at our surroundings and connect with the rhythms of life.

We can differentiate venemous snake from a non venemous ones,even though they have lived closely with us for centuries.

What kind of people are we that never truly learns?
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jul 04, 2015
dulux07:

But green snakes dont exist in africa, no matter how fast d snake is, its not as smart as humans. Remember it was trapped initially.

I av seen that snake before in Nigeria. Nembe tribe in Bayelsa don't kill it and some part of kalabari. Don't say what you don't know
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by eaglechild: 12:18pm On Jul 04, 2015
That is a non venomous green snake.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by eaglechild: 12:22pm On Jul 04, 2015
tetraman:
Someone mentioned the green mamba. It seems to be the one.

From Wikipedia :
The western green mamba is a very alert, nervous, and extremely agile snake that lives mainly in the coastal tropical rainforest, thicket, and woodland regions of western Africa. Like all the other mambas, the western green mamba is a highly venomous elapid species. Its venom is a highly potent mixture of rapid-acting presynaptic and postsynaptic neurotoxins (dendrotoxins), cardiotoxins and fasciculins. Some consider this species to not be a particularly aggressive snake, but others have suggested that they are extremely nervous and are prone to attack aggressively when cornered. Conflict with humans is low compared to some other species found in the region. Bites to people by this species are quite uncommon. Their mortality rate, however, is high; many of the recorded bites have been fatal. Rapid progression of severe, life-threatening symptoms are hallmarks of mamba bites. Bites with envenomation can be rapidly fatal. Case reports of rapidly fatal outcomes, in as little as 30 minutes, have been recorded for this species.
That is definitely not the green mamba.
tetraman:
Someone mentioned the green mamba. It seems to be the one.

From Wikipedia :
The western green mamba is a very alert, nervous, and extremely agile snake that lives mainly in the coastal tropical rainforest, thicket, and woodland regions of western Africa. Like all the other mambas, the western green mamba is a highly venomous elapid species. Its venom is a highly potent mixture of rapid-acting presynaptic and postsynaptic neurotoxins (dendrotoxins), cardiotoxins and fasciculins. Some consider this species to not be a particularly aggressive snake, but others have suggested that they are extremely nervous and are prone to attack aggressively when cornered. Conflict with humans is low compared to some other species found in the region. Bites to people by this species are quite uncommon. Their mortality rate, however, is high; many of the recorded bites have been fatal. Rapid progression of severe, life-threatening symptoms are hallmarks of mamba bites. Bites with envenomation can be rapidly fatal. Case reports of rapidly fatal outcomes, in as little as 30 minutes, have been recorded for this species.
That is definitely not the green mamba.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by dulux07(m): 12:23pm On Jul 04, 2015
Oyind17:

I av seen that snake before in Nigeria. Nembe tribe in Bayelsa don't kill it and some part of kalabari. Don't say what you don't know
U r d one getin wrong, green snakes dont exist in africa, only exist in america, what u saw was another specie, likely to b a mamba. Green Mambas get nervous when they r around humans, they hardly attack humans, but can b very aggressive. Do ur research well.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Galaxydon1(m): 12:25pm On Jul 04, 2015
Why did you kill your visitor?
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by tellwisdom: 12:27pm On Jul 04, 2015
OPCNAIRALAND:
@Op, you are a bloody murderer! In what way has that snake harmed you? If its presence bothers you next time get a long thin stick and stretch it to the snake it will take the offer and coil itself around it. Then go and place the stick on a grass away from your house. It will be happy and wish blessing on you.

Ressurect am make u carry am go your house go keep undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 04, 2015
dulux07:

U r d one getin wrong, green snakes dont exist in africa, only exist in america, what u saw was another specie, likely to b a mamba. Green Mambas get nervous when they r around humans, they hardly attack humans, but can b very aggressive. Do ur research well.

what's the name of the snake the op killed?
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by dulux07(m): 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2015
Oyind17:

It arguably d green mamba. Cos that is d major green snake common in west africa
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by dulux07(m): 12:32pm On Jul 04, 2015
Oyind17:

It arguably d green mamba. Cos that is d major green snake common in west africa.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by U2ice(m): 12:36pm On Jul 04, 2015
Am sure its harmless cos if its nt, dt head wey u cut comot for attack u...

1 Like

Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Gurgle(f): 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2015
eagleonearth:

mehn, if you did that in my hometown you would have to pay a very heavy fine

that one na real Arunso
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by Gurgle(f): 12:47pm On Jul 04, 2015
U2ice:
Am sure its harmless cos if its nt, dt head wey u cut comot for attack u...

lwkm grin grin
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by ChynoBEATS: 12:48pm On Jul 04, 2015
eagleonearth:
Someone once told me that that
specie of snake is harmless.

Thats the same type of snake a photographer n my aunty killed some days after my sisters Wedding..

I dont know if its harmless or not but i know it sure looks like A SMOOTH Green Snake
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by vastolord4(m): 12:51pm On Jul 04, 2015
knightsTempler:
You try oh nwokia, that snake there is dangerous, it's a mamber. Thank God you were courageous enough to kill it.

Udo diri gi.

Haha which 1 be mamba again?
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by seanby4konji: 12:52pm On Jul 04, 2015
Who tell you say dem no deh bite??u 4 allow am now

No deh use snake play oo my brother....
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by tammie24: 1:00pm On Jul 04, 2015
daroz:

How can snake wish blessing on someone?
What if that same snake attack and kill someone else tomorrow?
Just imagine the nonsense ooo
Wish blessing on you
Kill another person tomorrow undecided
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by U2ice(m): 1:05pm On Jul 04, 2015
Gurgle:

lwkm grin grin

Naxo o....I learnt de dnt kill a snake by cuttin it head off
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by redsun(m): 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
dulux07:

There are loads of slender green snakes in Nigeria. In my place in particular and I have never heard of any fatal encounter with humans. Mambas are almost extinct in Nigeria,we have heard folk stories about them,how they use to pursue people for kilometres on their way to/from distant farms,but we never encountered them. The few remaining deadly snakes that could be found around people in Nigeria are black cobras and brown grass vipers who are themselves almost extinct,people kill them wherever they find them like they they do to owls as a result of inherent ignorance and static intellectualism.
Re: My Grisly Experience In My Room Yesterday by PAGAN9JA(m): 1:07pm On Jul 04, 2015
[size=18pt]OP YOU SHOULDNT HAVE KILLED IT.

Respect your fellow creatures.

No wonder Africa is backward. we cry when people more powerful than us trample over us. but we never see how we treat our own lesser creatures.
[/size]

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Black Snake I Killed In My Room This Morning / Jeeez.... See What This Bus Driver Did With Our #1,000 Note / Big Python Killed In A Flour Mill In Apapa, Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.