Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,543 members, 7,819,929 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (693742 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 11:12am On Dec 08, 2016
kianoe4400:
hello house, please i just got 6pcs of 2v 500ah batteries to be connected in series to get 12v 500ah system, i just want to know if i can use this battery connection with a Ups and also want to know if it will be able to carry a small fridge and 2 ceiling fans as well as light bulbs and led tv and laptops and will also like to know if 500ah can go a long way when fully charged and i want to know if the battery combination is safe for the Ups setup.Thanks house..
The bitter truth is that you have put the cart before the horse.
Since you spent so much on batteries, endeavour to get a good inverter that has setting for gel, flooded, VRLA battery with charging capacity as high as 50a, note the wattage of each device and multiply by hours each should run and then sum all up. Multiply 500ah by 12 to know total energy stored, sum of energy your appliances need should be less than half of what your battery bank can give out, check the link in my signature for clearer explanation. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kianoe4400(m): 11:26am On Dec 08, 2016
thanks for the response guys,but i was actually given the batteries,they are fairly used telecomms batteries...secondly i was thinking of getting a smart charger of at least 30amps or 50amp to charge the batteries...truth b told dont have much on me at the moment to acquirer an inverter,thats y i want to go for a UPS first...but i need advices concerning whether the ups will work or not and what range of ups is ideal,remember i plan to get a smart charger for the charging..
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by proffmanue(m): 12:27pm On Dec 08, 2016
@ kianoe4400
The fridge is out of the question because u re nt using inverter.
since ur battery set up will only give u 12v, a 650va ups (390w) is ur option for now...
what ever load u will put on it shud be with in 390w.
u shud use a smart charger of 50amp...

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:57pm On Dec 08, 2016
Valto:
hello house. happy Sunday to you all. am now enjoying the dry season fully with my solar setup. thanks to ceejay80s, his post here inspired me to go for it. i started with a small setup, now i av medium manageable setup.

my guy, nepa dey push me too join ur solar panel club, since last week saturday evening till this morning, no light, i just dey manage the one wey i charge since that saturday, the annoying thing is 300w solar panel is about 70k now ,the charge controller wont be problem but the solar panels......
valto, if i combine the solar panel wey dey all these solar calculator with my batteries, e go charge?
like seriously ,advise me on which one to go for this harsh economy......300w mono or 300w poly
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 8:59pm On Dec 08, 2016
kianoe4400:
thanks for the response guys,but i was actually given the batteries,they are fairly used telecomms batteries...secondly i was thinking of getting a smart charger of at least 30amps or 50amp to charge the batteries...truth b told dont have much on me at the moment to acquirer an inverter,thats y i want to go for a UPS first...but i need advices concerning whether the ups will work or not and what range of ups is ideal,remember i plan to get a smart charger for the charging..
Okay, the smart charger should do, but research well on best choice before going to the market, the load you are planning is too much for ups, I don't think the ups can provide enough power to start a fridge no how small it is, with time u will move to more energy saving appliances (fans) and remember to unplug laptops when fully charged, it will help conserve battery.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 10:04pm On Dec 08, 2016
ceejay80s:

my guy, nepa dey push me too join ur solar panel club, since last week saturday evening till this morning, no light, i just dey manage the one wey i charge since that saturday, the annoying thing is 300w solar panel is about 70k now ,the charge controller wont be problem but the solar panels......
valto, if i combine the solar panel wey dey all these solar calculator with my batteries, e go charge?
like seriously ,advise me on which one to go for this harsh economy......300w mono or 300w poly

go for 300w mono, but i doubt if u can get a very good one for 70k right now.pls beware! some 300w panels in the market is actually 250w.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 10:11pm On Dec 08, 2016
kianoe4400:
your ups will work very well, minus fridge. for less problems, go for a 650va ups and buy a 40 or 50amps smart charger and enjoy your set up bro cheesy
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kianoe4400(m): 11:00pm On Dec 08, 2016
thanks a lot guys...appreciate
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 7:27am On Dec 09, 2016
ceejay80s:

310w left over from telecoms installation available for 75k, location is Ogun state

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:09am On Dec 09, 2016
timifakay:

310w left over from telecoms installation available for 75k, location is Ogun state

but na poly na, u no get mono?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 8:18am On Dec 09, 2016
ceejay80s:

Nah poly dey no mono, why u prefer mono?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 3:00pm On Dec 09, 2016
ceejay80s:

If you get money, Buy am. There is no significant difference. I am using one and its 250watts. Working like madt!
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:19pm On Dec 09, 2016
mukhcech:

If you get money, Buy am. There is no significant difference. I am using one and its 250watts. Working like madt!
What's the capacity of Ur battery and how long does it take to fully charge?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2016
My Suoer 500 watts inverter just stopped working this afternoon.... I bought it in April - so sad right now! I have to spend another N6500 for a new one.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mukhcech(m): 10:32pm On Dec 09, 2016
ceejay80s:

What's the capacity of Ur battery and how long does it take to fully charge?

100AH. On a. Sunny day. I get full battery by 1pm. Charge controller is around 20amps(not sure)
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 2:07am On Dec 10, 2016
mukhcech:

If you get money, Buy am. There is no significant difference.
I am using one and its 250watts. Working like madt!
According to what I read, if the Watt rating of panels are the same thing then they have the same outputs, therefore a poly crystalline panel will be bigger than the monocrystalline panel of the same Watt rating because the mono cells are more efficient than the poly. But the bigger size of poly makes up. What matters is the actual rated output being what the sticker says.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 2:12am On Dec 10, 2016
NubiLove:
My Suoer 500 watts inverter just stopped working this afternoon.... I bought it in April - so sad right now! I have to spend another N6500 for a new one.
So sad to hear such, sorry man, take heart... If nah I pass my neighbor gen u for don service and replace parts tire tho
I believe you have confirmed it didn't trip off due to overload, find out what could cause the early damage and prevent such from happening to ur inverter

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 9:32am On Dec 10, 2016
Thanks... it wasn't overload, I had only my laptop connected to it directly. My laptop is 75 watts. Even if I open it, I would not know what the problem is... the only option is to buy a new one.

timifakay:

So sad to hear such, sorry man, take heart... If nah I pass my neighbor gen u for don service and replace parts tire tho
I believe you have confirmed it didn't trip off due to overload, find out what could cause the early damage and prevent such from happening to ur inverter
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 9:41am On Dec 10, 2016
mukhcech:

100AH. On a. Sunny day. I get full battery by 1pm. Charge controller is around 20amps(not sure)

I just need to upgrade to solar, since last week friday no light, they just brought it to day for only one hour, I will start with 250w solar and 30amp charge controller , if the 250w can give me 50% charge for my 260ah battery , then I am ok...
Charging my battery 50% everyday is better than every 3days-1week charge....
Nepa just dey annoy me but I thank God say I no go start from scratch, all I need is just charge controller and solar panel
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 10:36am On Dec 10, 2016
NubiLove:

Look for where u can repair it, maybe it overheated, the fan might stop working and u won't know and then it over heats or no ventilation, give it to a repairer
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 5:38pm On Dec 10, 2016
What type of repairer do I look for... as far as I know, in my area I have never seen any inverter repairer. Is television repairer that I should give it to?

ceejay80s:

Look for where u can repair it, maybe it overheated, the fan might stop working and u won't know and then it over heats or no ventilation, give it to a repairer
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:48pm On Dec 10, 2016
NubiLove:
What type of repairer do I look for... as far as I know, in my area I have never seen any inverter repairer. Is television repairer that I should give it to?

They all use electronic components , he should be able to check and read which component is bad or faulty
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by wizean(m): 2:37pm On Dec 11, 2016
Hello everyone,
I just got this new 20Amps smart charger but it's working seem to
be quite different from the previous one I had.

I seem not to understand what the Ampere reading on the display screen is all about but i observed the readings drop as i charge. The reading was about 8.00 wen i started charging d new battery and it's currently at 2.4 after about 6hrs of charging, is dat ok?

Secondly, the cooling fan blows intermittently in intervals as against the former one i had which blows continously as long as the charger is working

Please is e everything ok with my charger?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:15pm On Dec 11, 2016
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:27pm On Dec 11, 2016
Solar air conditioner

http://ojo./solar-energy-products/solar-air-conditioner-4428497.html?cur_pos=4&pos=4&page=0&source=recs-UR_ads_block_personalised_auth-home-garden

I never believe dis one until I see am,
Don't pay to anybody's account, go and see what u are buying before u paym I don't know the sellers o
If the link is not working ,just search 12v ceiling fan or 12v aircontioner on google
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:49pm On Dec 11, 2016
wizean:
Hello everyone,
I just got this new 20Amps smart charger but it's working seem to
be quite different from the previous one I had.

I seem not to understand what the Ampere reading on the display screen is all about but i observed the readings drop as i charge. The reading was about 8.00 wen i started charging d new battery and it's currently at 2.4 after about 6hrs of charging, is dat ok?

Secondly, the cooling fan blows intermittently in intervals as against the former one i had which blows continously as long as the charger is working

Please is e everything ok with my charger?

The charger should be ok, check the user manual or
Photo, name and model of the charger
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by wizean(m): 7:08am On Dec 12, 2016
ceejay80s:

The charger should be ok, check the user manual or
Photo, name and model of the charger

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:09am On Dec 12, 2016
Guys, please help me out,
Just read this article, is this guy trying to tell me that I can charge a 125ah battery with 12w solar panel and a charge controller ?
He also said he connected the panel direct to the battery.
I need a teacher to explain this to Me

http://www.pbase.com/mainecruising/do_i_need_a_controller
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:23am On Dec 12, 2016
[quote author=wizean post=51847999][/quote]

Its the digital type, every thing should be ok but not too sure about its cooling fan, all cooling fan I know should spin as long as the charger is ON, stabilizers,inverter, smart chargers ,some ups etc ,they all have cooling fan and the fan spins continuously when ever its on, go along with urs to where u bought it and let them test others too to be sure urs is not faulty, I almost bought a non working charger for a nairalander who resides in delta, thank God I tested it there before paying, the first 2 they brought out was bad
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:33am On Dec 12, 2016
Valto , mukhcech and every other member using solar should pls advise me, the more I wait,the more the price keeps increasing, I just saw an original 250w poly solar panel for 55k , he said his price might go up very soon, is the price ok and its poly worth it? Can poly serve me well especially when the sun ray is low?

New update: up nepa!!!!! I give up
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by mctfopt: 1:12pm On Dec 12, 2016
ceejay80s:
Valto , mukhcech and every other member using solar should pls advise me, the more I wait,the more the price keeps increasing, I just saw an original 250w poly solar panel for 55k , he said his price might go up very soon, is the price ok and its poly worth it? Can poly serve me well especially when the sun ray is low?

New update: up nepa!!!!! I give up

Price not bad.

For more on polycrystalline or mono crystalline solar panels check here

http://www.solarreviews.com/solar-energy/pros-and-cons-of-monocrystalline-vs-polycrystalline-solar-panels/
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:04pm On Dec 12, 2016
mctfopt:

Price not bad.

For more on polycrystalline or mono crystalline solar panels check here

http://www.solarreviews.com/solar-energy/pros-and-cons-of-monocrystalline-vs-polycrystalline-solar-panels/

Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.