Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,937 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (694080 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by iamawara(m): 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2016
Hello house. Am planing of getting this for my setup... Pls what's your say on the price and the durability of those items? Or I should just try and buy in pieces from different stores to save cost?

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 3:24pm On Dec 18, 2016
iamawara:
Hello house. Am planing of getting this for my setup... Pls what's your say on the price and the durability of those items? Or I should just try and buy in pieces from different stores to save cost?
what i am seeing there, doesn't worth the price. u can get all the above with less than 100k. if u have a little more cash, go for a 200amps deep cycle battery95k, 1500w modified sinewave car inverter14k, (the same as the type listed in your picture, 30amps solar charge controller13k, and a 250 or 265w solar panel..75k. with wires. thats about 200k

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by iamawara(m): 11:14pm On Dec 18, 2016
Valto:
what i am seeing there, doesn't worth the price. u can get all the above with less than 100k. if u have a little more cash, go for a 200amps deep cycle battery95k, 1500w modified sinewave car inverter14k, (the same as the type listed in your picture, 30amps solar charge controller13k, and a 250 or 265w solar panel..75k. with wires. thats about 200k

Thanks bro. Am just making this setup for my room alone, I think a 100amps battery, 200w solar panel, 30amps CC, and 1500w modified sine wave inverter will solve my need sir.... Then mayb when I get some cash I will add up another battery and a 100 or 200wt solar panel to keep it on a long run. Or what do you see?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 2:15am On Dec 19, 2016
iamawara:

Thanks bro. Am just making this setup for my room alone, I think a 100amps battery, 200w solar panel, 30amps CC, and 1500w modified sine wave inverter will solve my need sir.... Then mayb when I get some cash I will add up another battery and a 100 or 200wt solar panel to keep it on a long run. Or what do you see?
i will advise u to go for a 200amps battery instead, 100amps might not be enough for a room setup no matter how small, the load might be.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kianoe4400(m): 6:16pm On Dec 19, 2016
hello house please am planning on getting a 1000watts car inverter for my setup,please any user with info regarding the inverter,because i was at chidi sam place at mushin today and saw it,so i want to know if it can carry 1 ceiling fan and a led tv..i have a 200amp battery to go with it.i got a 12v 40amp digital charger from him today..so far charger is working very well and fast,got it for 16k
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by iamawara(m): 6:38pm On Dec 19, 2016
Valto:
i will advise u to go for a 200amps battery instead, 100amps might not be enough for a room setup no matter how small, the load might be.

Ok. Thanks so much. I will try and get it, thou i cant afford a new one now, will see how i can get a good fairly used for a start
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 9:32pm On Dec 19, 2016
iamawara:

Ok. Thanks so much. I will try and get it, thou i cant afford a new one now, will see how i can get a good fairly used for a start
it will be economically better for you to buy a new 100ah than a used 200ah
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 9:46pm On Dec 19, 2016
iamawara:

to avoid stories, dont go for a fairly used battery. in solar setup, battery is the most important of all. but i will still advice u to save up and buy a brand new 200amps battery with guarantee. u can add solar panels later..
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:51pm On Dec 20, 2016
Get distilled water in lagos here:

Distilled water»I-Maconi
I-Maconi Edit Business Listing
18, Milestone Avenue, Amuwo Odofin Industrial Estate, Oshodi, Lagos
08033137634, 08023646444, 01-7313394
Short Description
I-Maconi Nigeria Limited is a distilled water production company located in Oshodi Lagos.

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 5:06pm On Dec 20, 2016
ceejay80s:

Distilled water»I-Maconi
Short Description
I-Maconi Nigeria Limited is a distilled water production company located in Oshodi Lagos.

Ceejay how far na? how's ur solar panels performing; i know you no longer fear PHCN...... lol
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 5:12pm On Dec 20, 2016
saint2ace:

Ceejay how far na? how's ur solar panels performing; i know you no longer fear PHCN...... lol

My guy I dey o,
My solar is Still on testing mode
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 7:47pm On Dec 20, 2016
ceejay80s:

My guy I dey o, My solar is Still on testing mode
conqratulation bro

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:56pm On Dec 20, 2016
Distilled water seller
Pls don't pay to anybodys acct , go to the office and purchase one for urself, but that 3k for water?

Chisco Distilled water
Seller: Kelechi Auto spare parts Stores

City: 58, Olowu Street, Off Awolowo way, Ikeja, Lagos
Category: Accessories
Type: Distilled water
New/Used: New
Nigeria used/imported: New
Price in Naira: 3000
Price in Naira:NGN 3,000
Updated on2015-05-25 16:05
Phone:07080744903

Update: just called him and he said he doesn't have it but he will help me to get it and its 500-700naira for one litre
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 9:46pm On Dec 20, 2016
ceejay80s:
Distilled water seller
Pls don't pay to anybodys acct , go to the office and purchase one for urself, but that 3k for water?

Chisco Distilled water
Seller: Kelechi Auto spare parts Stores

City: 58, Olowu Street, Off Awolowo way, Ikeja, Lagos
Category: Accessories
Type: Distilled water
New/Used: New
Nigeria used/imported: New
Price in Naira: 3000
Price in Naira:NGN 3,000
Updated on2015-05-25 16:05
Phone:07080744903

Update: just called him and he said he doesn't have it but he will help me to get it and its 500-700naira for one litre

For those who can't afford to buy from the stores or don't have access to distilled water, u cam make use of water from ur ac. Just make sure u use a clean sealed container to collect it, so dust and impurities are reduced to the barest minimum. Cheers

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by drizzit(m): 9:15am On Dec 21, 2016
NubiLove:
N6500. He has Suoer 300 watts, 500 watts, 1000 watts and 2000 watts (12 volts inverters)

Hi bro...good morning. Pls can I get the phone number of the guy at mushin? I am interested in getting a set a suoer inverter/charger too. Thanks in advance
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by drizzit(m): 9:27am On Dec 21, 2016
drizzit:

Hi bro...good morning. Pls can I get the phone number of the guy at mushin? I am interested in getting a set a suoer inverter/charger too. Thanks in advance

Got the number
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 21, 2016
08033308811 | 08026886648 - Chindi Sam Ventures ltd

drizzit:

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by spyglaxx: 2:41pm On Dec 21, 2016
One year of solar experience.I run everything on dc. *impossibility is nothing***
@ceejay80s keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 4:21pm On Dec 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Intellab(m): 6:33pm On Dec 21, 2016
ceejay80s:

Distilled water»I-Maconi
Short Description

How much for 5 litres?
Can you ship to Aba?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by spyglaxx: 6:58pm On Dec 21, 2016
To run your woofer on dc connect a detached car stereo directly to your battery and connect your speakers. Enjoy your gbedu in the morning.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by bobojoshua(m): 7:53pm On Dec 21, 2016
spyglaxx:
To run your woofer on dc connect a detached car stereo directly to your battery and connect your speakers. Enjoy your gbedu in the morning.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by timifakay(m): 10:25am On Dec 22, 2016
iamawara:
The panel and battery are small, what determines your need is amount of appliances and run time not size of apartment as you are hammering on you setting it up for a single room.
You should note also that the runtime listed for those devices was when connected individually and it was from 100% charge to about 10% charge, whereas for longevity of your battery you shouldnt go below 50% charge except on very rare occasions. That is why the least advisable battery size is 200ah and over 200w solar panel if you will be using as much as 50% of d battery between sunset and sunrise.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by iamawara(m): 11:31am On Dec 22, 2016
timifakay:

The panel and battery are small, what determines your need is amount of appliances and run time not size of apartment as you are hammering on you setting it up for a single room.
You should note also that the runtime listed for those devices was when connected individually and it was from 100% charge to about 10% charge, whereas for longevity of your battery you shouldnt go below 50% charge except on very rare occasions. That is why the least advisable battery size is 200ah and over 200w solar panel if you will be using as much as 50% of d battery between sunset and sunrise.

That's nice sir, thanks for ur advice and contributions. I will do that, a lot have advised me on the 200ah battery. I will get them, We do get light, but 6 6 hrs shifting, so I will basically be using the setup at night 10:00 pm to 5:00 am. 2 ceiling fans for 9hrs, entertainment setup for 3 hrs or 4
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:34am On Dec 22, 2016
Intellab:

How much for 5 litres?
Can you ship to Aba?

i dont sell, i only gave u option on where to buy
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by iamawara(m): 11:38am On Dec 22, 2016
ceejay80s:

i dont sell, i only gave u option on where to buy

Oga ceejay80s how much did you buy your ROY SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:55am On Dec 22, 2016

nepa has refused to give me light, i would have gotten distilled water from my home ac, people just dey laff me for office say i just dey carry gallon up and down dey collect water from 6 different air conditioners, since rain has refused to fall and getting distilled water scarce like gold,
i will fill up 2 4litres gallon today cos wey are closing for the year tomorrow, i go cool down fill those batteries with the water, will use a filter too ,to avoid dirt or particles to enter my battery jare
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
iamawara:

Oga ceejay80s how much did you buy your ROY SOLAR CHARGE CONTROLLER?

but there are so many brands in the market, some brands are even better than mine so as mine is better than some , any brand u see in the market , just google about it and find out if they have a website, make e no be the type wey dem dey give these asian secondary school student to manufacture as their test or exam
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 1:00pm On Dec 22, 2016
ceejay80s:

nepa has refused to give me light, i would have gotten distilled water from my home ac, people just dey laff me for office say i just dey carry gallon up and down dey collect water from 6 different air conditioners, since rain has refused to fall and getting distilled water scarce like gold,
i will fill up 2 4litres gallon today cos wey are closing for the year tomorrow, i go cool down fill those batteries with the water, will use a filter too ,to avoid dirt or particles to enter my battery jare

Good one Ceejay80 at least ur setup can take u thru the night now with ur solar setup

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:40pm On Dec 22, 2016
saint2ace:

Good one Ceejay80 at least ur setup can take u thru the night now with ur solar setup

yes o! it does not charge fully everyday but it gives my batteries enough charge that can take me through the night , the only problem i have is the charge controller does not beep when battery is low, it only indicates on screen 10.8V LVD (Low voltage ), i will just be monitoring it, cos once the screen voltage goes down to 10.8v ,charge controller automatically switches everything off and i would not want it to damage my tv, i will have to connect the batteries directly to the ups again or monitor the charge controller
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Valto(m): 4:38pm On Dec 22, 2016
iamawara:

That's nice sir, thanks for ur advice and contributions. I will do that, a lot have advised me on the 200ah battery. I will get them, We do get light, but 6 6 hrs shifting, so I will basically be using the setup at night 10:00 pm to 5:00 am. 2 ceiling fans for 9hrs, entertainment setup for 3 hrs or 4
u may have to minimise usage. 2 ceiling fans and home theater sound systems with bulbs gotv and tv. shocked, when u finally buy the 200amps battery, i will advise u, that u change your bulbs to 5watts energy bulbs, look for a 20-25w standing fan(like those rechargeable type), then minimise use of sound systems tv/gotv and ceiling fan. i wish u all the best as u embark on this exciting solar journey smiley

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 5:24pm On Dec 22, 2016
ceejay80s:

Bros when you add water to ur batteries and charge does it heat up? Cos my own won boil like water wey dem dey take make garri...... Is that normal? cos i don take fear off am oh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.