Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (690044 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 28, 2016
Am I missing something here?.... isn't it better to connect to inverter instead of directly to battery?

pato405:

This clearly shows you are not a student in this class. angry
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by anochuks08(m): 10:39am On Dec 28, 2016
NubiLove:
Am I missing something here?.... isn't it better to connect to inverter instead of directly to battery?

Those 12v devices consumes lesser power compared to the 220v counterparts. Energy is lost in the DC to AC conversion going on in your inverter, so you will notice increased efficiency running a 12vdc appliance to a 220vac appliance.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 11:19am On Dec 28, 2016
anochuks08:
Those 12v devices consumes lesser power compared to the 220v counterparts. Energy is lost in the DC to AC conversion going on in your inverter, so you will notice increased efficiency running a 12vdc appliance to a 220vac appliance.

This one is one of us. grin

Good student.

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by cooldipo(m): 6:40pm On Dec 28, 2016
Valto:
congrats bro, u are surely getting there. e no easy.. with this, its easier to upgrade. any time u which, just a add a 150watts solar panel to it and u are done, since u have a total 260amp deep cycle batteries. when i was using just 400w panel on my 400amps batteries, it wasnt charging optimally as i wish, not until i added another 150w panel. now i dont really bother if there is light, cos my batteries are well charged

If you have installed an mppt charge controller, your 400watt panel setup would have been sufficient to charge your battery.Did you have to change your charge controller to accommodate the added panel or you didn't pay attention to the limit of your installed charge controller
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kokozain(m): 9:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
saint2ace:

The products are okay, the 65k one is from silicon product while the 85k one is from frysts both inverters and batteries will get the job done.
Thanks bro am very greatful
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 10:49pm On Dec 28, 2016
kokozain:

Thanks bro am very greatful

U're very welcome sir
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Azeola: 1:15am On Dec 29, 2016
Hello peeps....pls as anyone reasoned along the possibility of a fuelless generator? I've read so many articles online and information offline also seen couple of adverts (not sure if genuine though) but I'm yet to see anything truly serious and recent about it here on nairaland and especially on this thread which I believe was started to provide solutions/alternatives to the epileptic power supply in the country and i know there are many engineers here on this thread. So Is it that it's not feasible or no equipments or something else, I believe most of us saw someone who made a water fuelled generator not long ago although with what I heard it might be quite difficult to operate but it's a start and he must be applauded. Some people have placed a lot of arguments about how the idea can't obey the rules of thermodynamics and thereby is not workable, well maybe and maybe not but I believe "if u can think it you can make it".

Anyways keep up the good work here been following since 1900
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pato405(m): 9:55am On Dec 29, 2016
Azeola:
Hello peeps....pls as anyone reasoned along the possibility of a fuelless generator? I've read so many articles online and information offline also seen couple of adverts (not sure if genuine though) but I'm yet to see anything truly serious and recent about it here on nairaland and especially on this thread which I believe was started to provide solutions/alternatives to the epileptic power supply in the country and i know there are many engineers here on this thread. So Is it that it's not feasible or no equipments or something else, I believe most of us saw someone who made a water fuelled generator not long ago although with what I heard it might be quite difficult to operate but it's a start and he must be applauded. Some people have placed a lot of arguments about how the idea can't obey the rules of thermodynamics and thereby is not workable, well maybe and maybe not but I believe "if u can think it you can make it".

Anyways keep up the good work here been following since 1900

Pls create another thread for that. This thread is for inverter enthusiasts. We no get time for generator wahala!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 3:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
I am home now on holidays...just added distilled water to all my batteries and I have charged with ( nepa and smart charger and solar) ,so far......its OK , I have this 15watts woofer connected to my bluray dvd player , òmò, I dey enjoy my solar, although it doesn't charge full but it gives me enough charge that will carry me till nepa decide to pity my area,
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kokozain(m): 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2016
saint2ace:

U're very welcome sir
I av gotten these two gadgets for 90k here in Ilorin
I mean crown 1.2kva, hybrid inverter with 50ah in built charger and also sun-test gel battery 100ah. What do u think sir

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 3:46pm On Dec 30, 2016
kokozain:

I av gotten these two gadgets for 90k here in Ilorin
I mean crown 1.2kva, hybrid inverter with 50ah in built charger and also sun-test gel battery 100ah. What do u think sir

Crown Inverter seems okay and should work for you, everything these days is luck. So let's hope and pray lol. Congrats bro and welcome to uninterrupted power. Cheeers

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Azeola: 4:59pm On Dec 30, 2016
pato405:

Pls create another thread for that. This thread is for inverter enthusiasts. We no get time for generator wahala!

Alright. Thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by drizzit(m): 10:37am On Dec 31, 2016
NubiLove:
Which one and how much is it?

A 10amps 12V analog charger....6k5
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pat077: 12:49pm On Dec 31, 2016
NubiLove:
N6500. He has Suoer 300 watts, 500 watts, 1000 watts and 2000 watts (12 volts inverters)

pls, does the 500 watts inverter u got have inbuilt charger or I will have to get a smart charger for it?

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2016
It does NOT have inbuilt charge. You need a smart charger to go with it. I use it for laptop, HDTV, Decoder, 50 watts fan and 26 watts lights... it can carry all at the same time.

pat077:
pls, does the 500 watts inverter u got have inbuilt charger or I will have to get a smart charger for it?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by pat077: 6:46pm On Dec 31, 2016
NubiLove:
It does NOT have inbuilt charge. You need a smart charger to go with it. I use it for laptop, HDTV, Decoder, 50 watts fan and 26 watts lights... it can carry all at the same time.

like how much did u get the smart charger and what is your battery capacity?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 31, 2016
30 Amperes Suoer battery charger was N9000 in March 2016. My deep cycle battery is 200AH.

pat077:
like how much did u get the smart charger and what is your battery capacity?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 12:11am On Jan 01, 2017

Happy new year

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 12:56am On Jan 01, 2017
ceejay80s:

Happy new year

Happy New Year to Us all. Wishing Us a bountiful 2017 ahead. Remain Blessed All

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by officialfestus(m): 8:58am On Jan 01, 2017
Happy new year to all the engineers here

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by farulz(m): 7:26pm On Jan 01, 2017
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 10:07am On Jan 02, 2017

I am loving my solar inverter like mad!!!

Electricity no dey my agenda dis 2017....
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by brightk(m): 10:14am On Jan 02, 2017
ceejay80s:

I am loving my solar inverter like mad!!!

Electricity no dey my agenda dis 2017....

@ceejay.. what is the performance of solar panels in wet seasons. i just want to go off grid completely..
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 11:36am On Jan 02, 2017
brightk:

@ceejay.. what is the performance of solar panels in wet seasons. i just want to go off grid completely..

Don't know yet until raining season comes, just bought it last month, light dey always dey raining season for my smart charger to charge the batteries, so either way ,I won't lose
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by brightk(m): 10:32pm On Jan 02, 2017
ceejay80s:

Don't know yet until raining season comes, just bought it last month, light dey always dey raining season for my smart charger to charge the batteries, so either way ,I won't lose

i 4get say rainy season light de bolku becos of say water plenty 4 ground....
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kingviny: 12:58pm On Jan 04, 2017
FOR SALE!!!

1.5kva ups converted to inverter, better and cheaper than souer portable inverter because it can backup and provide un-interrupted power supply. Works with a single battery.

Cost :- 5k flat

Cal:- 07081516945

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kianoe4400(m): 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
why do you want to sell it and why do u say its better than suoer portable inverter? any difference between the two? or can anybody in the house shed more light on the above question
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kingviny: 7:33pm On Jan 04, 2017
kianoe4400:
why do you want to sell it and why do u say its better than suoer portable inverter? any difference between the two? or can anybody in the house shed more light on the above question

I bought two back then and I want to dispose one.

I have also used Souer inverter in the past. It's dis-advantage is that you cant enjoy the automatic backup function that you can enjoy with inverter/ups. You can't plug souer inverter to a power source to enjoy auto change over. Since inverter is more expensive, a converted UPS like the one I want to sell is the answer.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kianoe4400(m): 9:52pm On Jan 04, 2017
kingviny:

I bought two back then and I want to dispose one.

I have also used Souer inverter in the past. It's dis-advantage is that you cant enjoy the automatic backup function that you can enjoy with inverter/ups. You can't plug souer inverter to a power source to enjoy auto change over. Since inverter is more expensive, a converted UPS like the one I want to sell is the answer.

ok,well the only reason am asking is that i have one like it and i got it for 10k of recent and its a pretty good ups thats very strong,ave practically used it to power my whole house for 48hrs nonstop and it still pretty Good,i got mine at alaba so the guys der helped me fix a small fan which cools the ups while working,and its a very unique ups which uses 2 batteries as well as a single battery..so its a pretty good deal guys for anyone interested..pls any body has a pure sine wave ups for sale or can kindly direct me to where to get one and price pls?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by PatrickOkunima(m): 10:42pm On Jan 04, 2017
kianoe4400:

ok,well the only reason am asking is that i have one like it and i got it for 10k of recent and its a pretty good ups thats very strong,ave practically used it to power my whole house for 48hrs nonstop and it still pretty Good,i got mine at alaba so the guys der helped me fix a small fan which cools the ups while working,and its a very unique ups which uses 2 batteries as well as a single battery..so its a pretty good deal guys for anyone interested..pls any body has a pure sine wave ups for sale or can kindly direct me to where to get one and price pls?
Please what is the capacity of the batteries that powered your house for 48 hours?

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kianoe4400(m): 3:10am On Jan 05, 2017
12v 500ah batteries...minimal load...led tv(on eco mode) lights,1 ceiling fan,chargingof laptops and phones,gotv,sound system....thats about it
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by PatrickOkunima(m): 7:14am On Jan 05, 2017
Thanks for sharing.
kianoe4400:
12v 500ah batteries...minimal load...led tv(on eco mode) lights,1 ceiling fan,chargingof laptops and phones,gotv,sound system....thats about it

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (355) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.