Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,802 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:39 PM

How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease - Science/Technology (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease (691711 Views)

17-Year-Old Boy Helps Polytechnic To Build Nigeria's First Locally-Made Drone / The Locally-Made Vehicle I Saw In Aba - Pictures / Locally Made Amphibian Jet Spotted At Lagos Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (356) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 1:36pm On Nov 29, 2015
Im2Busy2Bother:

How much did you get the portable ac. Any chance of seeing the real life pix of it (especially how you did the exhaust hose connection )? My Landlord has a do-not-alter-building clause in my rent contract
Bought it 20k then with the hose, my window is slide,buy a very thick cardboard, cut a hole as it is on the hose on the thick cardboard, make sure its a thick cardboard,pass the hose through the cardboard hole and make sure it grips, open one side of ur slide window half way place the cardboard on it and glue it to ur window , do it neatly, if u stay in a house that has roof boards on the ceiling, call a carpenter to cut a hole through the ceiling board and pass the hose of the ac through there, do it neatly ,u could buy wall clip ,to clip the ac hose on the wall to the roof, hope u comprehend?
Some seller would give u a hose and some won't , if u are buying one, make sure its long ,incase u want to pass it thrugh the ceiling roof board
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Im2Busy2Bother: 3:15pm On Nov 29, 2015
ceejay80s:

Bought it 20k then with the hose, my window is slide,buy a very thick cardboard, cut a hole as it is on the hose on the thick cardboard, make sure its a thick cardboard,pass the hose through the cardboard hole and make sure it grips, open one side of ur slide window half way place the cardboard on it and glue it to ur window , do it neatly, if u stay in a house that has roof boards on the ceiling, call a carpenter to cut a hole through the ceiling board and pass the hose of the ac through there, do it neatly ,u could buy wall clip ,to clip the ac hose on the wall to the roof, hope u comprehend?
Some seller would give u a hose and some won't , if u are buying one, make sure its long ,incase u want to pass it thrugh the ceiling roof board

Thanks. Description is apt
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Yemmyteespeed007(m): 3:25pm On Nov 29, 2015
I have one maxtron 650va ups hope it will work well with high amp batteries
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 10:12pm On Nov 29, 2015
ceejay80s:

Some seller would give u a hose and some won't , if u are buying one, make sure its long ,in case u want to pass it through the ceiling roof board
hi mate, i read from the fist page of this thread to the last post before mine and i must say that i am impressed with you patience in answering the questions posed by novices like me. i will like to setup similar stuff. we spend over 40k a month on fuel down here and i will like to know if it is possible to have a setup that could power about 3 laptops, tv, decoder and fan for 16 hours. the tv will only be on for about 4 hoursa day. the cost implication will also be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 12:49am On Nov 30, 2015
Hello Ceejay80, nice setup u have there; great thinking too, my question is more on the smart charger, what the input current to power the small charger? Is is prepaid meter compliant or is it a power sucker, like the popular recitifiers I have been seeing around? Looking forward to ur swift response. King regards.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 5:01am On Nov 30, 2015
saint2ace:
Hello Ceejay80, nice setup u have there; great thinking too, my question is more on the smart charger, what the input current to power the small charger? Is is prepaid meter compliant or is it a power sucker, like the popular recitifiers I have been seeing around? Looking forward to ur swift response. King regards.
The input power is 220v
It doesn't consume electricity at all,its prepaid meter friendly,
Model:1220A
Input voltage: Ac 220v±10% 50Hz
Rated voltage: 12v
Constant charge current: 20A±5%
Constant charge voltage: 14.5-14.8v
Floating charge: 13.8v
Charging mode: 3 step
This smart charger is small and very portable, the seller even have 10amp of the same charger and the 10amp will enter ur pocket,the 10amp can charge battery upto 12v 150ah, why I did not go for the 10amp charger is what if I have up to 400ah batteries? Don't get me wrong, 10amp charger will charge 400ah batteries but it will take time, The 20amp charger can charge more than 12v 400ah batteries in lesser time and una know how nepa take dey give us 2-3hrs light everyday, the man sells his 10amp charger for 5k, 20amp is 7k am not sure how much he sells his 30amp charger,

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:41am On Nov 30, 2015
Yemmyteespeed007:
I have one maxtron 650va ups hope it will work well with high amp batteries
Yes it will work but u need to buy the smart charger too
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:01am On Nov 30, 2015
radiokilla:
hi mate, i read from the fist page of this thread to the last post before mine and i must say that i am impressed with you patience in answering the questions posed by novices like me. i will like to setup similar stuff. we spend over 40k a month on fuel down here and i will like to know if it is possible to have a setup that could power about 3 laptops, tv, decoder and fan for 16 hours. the tv will only be on for about 4 hours a day. the cost implication will also be appreciated.
That 40k for fuel a month is a waste of money,
650Va ups= N1500
12v 40ah or 42ah battery x 5 = N30000
Smart charger = N7000
Red & back cable & celotape = N300
Total= N32,800

Or

650Va ups=1500
12v 200ah battery= 28000
Smart charger = N7000
Total=36800
And it will serve u up to 2-3 years of usage or more
Always make sure it plugged into power electricity always
Check the watts of ur fan ,if its high, u will need to buy a less electricity consuming fan like 20watts and below ,hope ur TV is lcd or led?
U will definitely get upto 24hrs depending on what u are using ,ur laptop screen backlight is turned off or turn off in 1 minuite when not in use, these floricent lights inside ur laptops consume power too,

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by arsetalks(m): 10:00am On Nov 30, 2015
ceejay80s:

650Va ups= N1500
Smart charger = N7000
Total= N32,800

Or

650Va ups=1500
12v 200ah battery= 28000
Smart charger = N7000
Total=36800
Check the watts of ur fan ,if its high, u will need to buy a less electricity consuming fan like 20watts and below ,hope ur TV is lcd or led?
U will definitely get upto 24hrs depending on what u are using ,ur laptop screen backlight is turned off or turn off in 1 minuite when not in use, these floricent lights inside ur laptops consume power too,
I just spoke to you on phone. My friend radiokilla directed me to this thread. I am a blogger. I will call you up over the weekend.
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by moski5(m): 1:38pm On Nov 30, 2015
ceejay80s:

Amcor 15KEH-410
But I don't power with my battery o!!!!! Its 15000btu ac,
Mine is very good and its 2yrs now but it fairly used, if u want to buy a used portable ac, once the sellers put it on ,put ur hand where the cool air comes out from, if its not cold enough, don't buy it , the trick these seller use is by telling u that ur hands are dirty they will bring water and when u deep ur hands in water and put it in front of the ac where cool air comes out from ,ur hands will be cool, just make sure u don't deep ur hand in water before u test the cooling capacity of any ac, don't let them deceive u, if its not cold,don't buy it and if its not tested, don't buy it, always go for 15000btu and above on portable ac 15000btu is 1.5hp ,anything lesser than that is for very small rooms
Before u buy portable ac ,search through google for reviews and find out about it from those that have used it, that's how I bought mine, I no need any ac tech to follow me go there and chop my money, thanks to my phone and google, I did so many research and I am enjoying it now

thanks alot

Someone on this thread mentioned something about connecting a charger so goodbye Phcn ... how does it work?

also is der a cheap solar panel dt can do same?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by saint2ace(m): 7:27pm On Dec 01, 2015
Thanks a bunch for the clarification

ceejay80s:

The input power is 220v
It doesn't consume electricity at all,its prepaid meter friendly,
Model:1220A
Input voltage: Ac 220g±10% 50Hz
Rated voltage: 12v
Constant charge current: 20A±5%
Constant charge voltage: 14.5-14.8v
Floating charge: 13.8v
Charging mode: 3 step
This smart charger is small and very portable, the seller even have 10amp of the same charger and the 10amp will enter ur pocket,the 10am can charge battery upto 12v 150ah, why I did not go for the 10amp charger is what if I have up to 400ah batteries? Don't get me wrong, 10amp charger will charge 400ah batteries but it will take time, The 20amp charger can charge more than 12v 400ah batteries in lesser time and una know how nepa take dey give us 2-3hrs light everyday, the man sells his 10amp charger for 5k, 20amp is 7k am not sure how much he sells his 30amp charger,
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by dreamworld: 3:48am On Dec 02, 2015
ceejay80s:

650Va ups= N1500
Smart charger = N7000
Total= N32,800

Or

650Va ups=1500
12v 200ah battery= 28000
Smart charger = N7000
Total=36800

Please your batteries of 200ah if 28k. Are they new ones
I thought new 200ah batteries are sold around 45 to 50+ thousand
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:37am On Dec 02, 2015
dreamworld:

Please your batteries of 200ah if 28k. Are they new ones
I thought new 200ah batteries are sold around 45 to 50+ thousand
I don't sell batteries, those prices I stated are for used batteries, where u wan see brand new 200ah battery for 28k ?
I am not even supposed to be giving u guys prices for items that are not mine, the seller has the right to change his price increase/decrease when ever he wants , so make una no dey use my own price go market o!

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:02am On Dec 02, 2015
moski5:

thanks alot

Someone on this thread mentioned something about connecting a charger so goodbye Phcn ... how does it work?

also is der a cheap solar panel dt can do same?
Don't know much about solar panel and price though I have seen it at alaba shops, I only know it gets its electricity generated from the sun like superman who gets his energy from the sun and then charges the battery through the power of the sun

5 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by moski5(m): 9:15am On Dec 02, 2015
ceejay80s:

Don't know much about solar panel and price though I have seen it at alaba shops, I only know it gets its electricity generated from the sun like superman who gets his energy from the sun and then charges the battery through the power of the sun

lol do add it to yor hobby sad

What of Wat one guy mentioned He said connect one charger to your design m viola no need 4 Phcn ;(
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 9:18am On Dec 02, 2015
Another good battery
yuasa-swl-1100

12v 39.6ah is written on the battery but on the manufacturers web its a 12v 40ah battery , a nairalander told me that thst guy in oshodi has it now for 8k

http://www.psebatteries.com/overview/17ah-53ah-12v-batteries/yuasa-swl-1100.html

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:38am On Dec 05, 2015
Simple & easy to setup on ur own
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kolomax(m): 11:02am On Dec 05, 2015
ceejay80s:
Simple & easy to setup on ur own
I want to use samsung 32 inch led for mine please how much will it cost for set up bro adding either DVD player or gotv
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 2:42pm On Dec 05, 2015
kolomax:
I want to use samsung 32 inch led for mine please how much will it cost for set up bro adding either DVD player or gotv
whats the watts of ur lcd tv and how loñg are u looking at?
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kolomax(m): 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2015
ceejay80s:

whats the watts of ur lcd tv and how loñg are u looking at?
It's 54w targeting like 7-8hrs plus charging of my phone

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 6:49pm On Dec 05, 2015
kolomax:
It's 54w targeting like 7-8hrs plus charging of my phone
smart charger = 7k
12v 40ah (2) battery= 16k
or 12v 100ah (1) = 17k
650va ups = 1,500naira
red & black wire + black celotape= 200 naira
if u buy the 100ah battery u will get more than 12hrs
to hell with generator.
But we fit exchange lcd tv? Ur 32inch is just 54watts when my 32inch dey gym with 160watts.

2 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kolomax(m): 7:22pm On Dec 05, 2015
ceejay80s:

smart charger = 7k
12v 40ah (2) battery= 16k
or 12v 100ah (1) = 17k
650va ups = 1,500naira
red & black wire + black celotape= 200 naira
if u buy the 100ah battery u will get more than 12hrs
to hell with generator.
But we fit exchange lcd tv? Ur 32inch is just 54watts when my 32inch dey gym with 160watts.
grin

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 7:49pm On Dec 05, 2015
kolomax:
grin
about 25,700naira with 100ah battery or 24,700 with 40ah x 2 = 80ah ur choice, my advice , go for 100ah
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kolomax(m): 8:08pm On Dec 05, 2015
ceejay80s:

about 25,700naira with 100ah battery or 24,700 with 40ah x 2 = 80ah
ur choice, my advice , go for 100ah
you were talking of 175 or 200ah how much is that
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 8:15pm On Dec 05, 2015
kolomax:
you were talking of 175 or 200ah how much is that
175ah= 28k
200ah= 25k
no ask me why 175ah cost pass 200ah, the seller said na so him buy am
remember he had fullriver and panasonic 40ah for 6k but now has yausa and its 8k so na him know how he dey buy him market

1 Like

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kolomax(m): 8:39pm On Dec 05, 2015
ceejay80s:

175ah= 28k
200ah= 25k
remember he had fullriver and panasonic 40ah for 6k but now has yausa and its 8k so na him know how he dey buy him market
Ok gracias
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kolomax(m): 6:20am On Dec 06, 2015
ceejay80s:

My brother own isn't up to that I'll advice him to get that too

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kolomax(m): 1:11pm On Dec 06, 2015
ceejay80s:

175ah= 28k
200ah= 25k
hope this kind of smart charger isn't bad I don't really know much about it

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by ceejay80s(m): 1:56pm On Dec 06, 2015
kolomax:
hope this kind of smart charger isn't bad I don't really know much about it
u hear say something smart , u still dey say it fit bad, some nairalander have bought it, i dont know why they are not commenting about it , except one person.
My dear its the best available now, the first charger i bought from ladipo almost fried my fullriver battery, i sell am off on olx. That charger dull,it over charges, no short circuit protection and so on, but this one i am using now na baba, i no dey sleep with one eye open again
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by coderXO(m): 12:32pm On Dec 07, 2015
ceejay80s:

u hear say something smart , u still dey say it fit bad, some nairalander have bought it, i dont know why they are not commenting about it , except one person.
My dear its the best available now, the first charger i bought from ladipo almost fried my fullriver battery, i sell am off on olx. That charger dull,it over charges, no short circuit protection and so on, but this one i am using now na baba, i no dey sleep with one eye open again

number of the smart charger seller please and yuasa 40ah battery. thanks
Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by kolomax(m): 8:55pm On Dec 07, 2015
This are the things we need on YouTube Only if OP can upload the video on YouTube will have been better..

3 Likes

Re: How To Create A Locally Made Inverter With Ease by Nobody: 7:49pm On Dec 08, 2015
Booty4me:
hmmm lots off wiring .. looks like a mini bomb grin
I almost dropped my laptop because of laugh cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (356) (Reply)

Www.waptrick.com Download Game , Mp3, Music ,apps / Www.waptrick.com | Download Games | Music | Videos | Apps

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.