Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,570 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:03 AM

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! - Literature (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! (101518 Views)

What Book Are You Reading Now / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / What's The Most Captivating Story You Are Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bare1(m): 7:54pm On Aug 01, 2015
peppyluv02:
Believe nothing.No matter where you read it,or who said it,
even if I have said it,unless it agrees with your own reason
and your own common sense. Buddah

Nice quote...but if Buddha was around now, he would know that common sense is not common smiley
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Dotun42(m): 2:26pm On Aug 02, 2015
dearpreye:
We've been repeatedly told that readers are leaders. Also, that he who doesn't read has a very little advantage over the one that cannot read. To read is to learn and grow. We won't stay long enough to experience all life has to offer. We need to read to learn from the lessons and experiences of others.

It's very saddening that in this age, despite the overwhelming abundance of information, a lot of us don't really study.

All the information we need to succeed in life has been written. Be it on money, marriage, health, business, family, success itself, religion. Name it. It's been written.

I'm currently reading THE ROAD LESS TRAVELLED, By Scott Peck. It's being an awesome read. The author talked on pleasure, suffering, discipline, delayed gratification, child training and religion.

I'll talk briefly on self gratification. It's the ability to forego today's even legitimate pleasure for tomorrow's gain. Without it, wealth, health and joy will elude the individual. No one can truly succeed without this vital ingredient of life. To delay gratification is to prioritise. To delay gratification is to always look at the bigger picture.

The future is hardly far away. It comes pretty quiver than we can imagine. Time hasn't waited for anyone. If we must live a happier tomorrow, we must be mature and brave enough to delay gratification. I'll encourage as many as possible to get a copy of this great book and travel in the mind of the author.

So, let's see which book you're currently reading. Any book. And don't forget to drop a line or two from it. Thanks.

Lalasticlala and Ishilove, please let's do justice to this thread. Readers are leaders.

Cc: SarahBabyxx, ideykwum, Whynotthetruth, barcanista, Truckpusher, MizMyColi, et al.

Try this one https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/555089
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Ups01(m): 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2015
can anyone suggest great books on Leadership and communication skills?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 02, 2015
Ups01:
can anyone suggest great books on Leadership and communication skills?

Stephen Covey- 7 habits of highly effective people.

Victor Frankel- Man's search for meaning.

Drive- Daniel Pink.

How to win friends and influence people- Dale Carnegie.

For a start....
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bare1(m): 6:20pm On Aug 02, 2015
MizMyColi:
embarassedcry

I read newspaper.
I have no idea what book to read.
sad

Whatever book you come across, check it out and see what's about. You just have to start from somewhere - anywhere as long as you start. Focus on self-development books. You can read my own book as well. It's a good start because it's deep and not too long and provides an insight into what we should be. You can get it here: http://www.freesuccessebook.gr8.com
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bare1(m): 6:29pm On Aug 02, 2015
You know reading doesn't mean you should just pick up any storybook or novel and start to read. Readers are leaders means you should read leadership books, self-help and self-development books. Books that support your growth mentally when you apply knowledge acquired from them. The Bible says in Romans, chapter 12, verse 2 that we should not conform to the patterns of the world, but to transform ourselves through a renewal of the mind so we can know God's will for us. So we are meant to seek applied knowledge to change our mindset to produce positive, productive thoughts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 9:28am On Aug 03, 2015
bare1:

Whatever book you come across, check it out and see what's about. You just have to start from somewhere - anywhere as long as you start. Focus on self-development books. You can read my own book as well. It's a good start because it's deep and not too long and provides an insight into what we should be. You can get it here: http://www.freesuccessebook.gr8.com

I have actually started reading one...

The Power Of Now, By Eckhart Tolle
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bare1(m): 10:01am On Aug 03, 2015
MizMyColi:

I have actually started reading one...

The Power Of Now, By Eckhart Tolle

Cool! Seems like a good read.

2 Likes

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 10:32am On Aug 03, 2015
bare1:

Cool! Seems like a good read.

It issmiley
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bare1(m): 11:55am On Aug 03, 2015
MizMyColi:

It issmiley

Okay. I am gonna look it up and try get my hands on it. Thanks for sharing. smiley
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 12:02pm On Aug 03, 2015
bare1:

Okay. I am gonna look it up and try get my hands on it. Thanks for sharing. smiley

If you don't mind, we could share insights.
I just uploaded the book through datafilehost.
You can download here http://www.datafilehost.com/d/a7359fb5

I had actually thought of opening a thread, more ike a book club for those who might be interested in journalling stuff they read from the book, but quashed the idea.
My friend who introduced the book to me says it's more than a book.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 12:03pm On Aug 03, 2015
Good Morning DearPreyesmiley
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
MizMyColi:
Good Morning DearPreyesmiley

Good morning, her royal majesty.

Why are angels fighting themselves to keep thee?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 12:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
grincheesy
dearpreye:

Good morning, her royal majesty.

Why are angels fighting themselves to keep thee?

Seriouslyshocked
Where are they?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bare1(m): 12:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
MizMyColi:

If you don't mind, we could share insights.
I just uploaded the book through datafilehost.
You can download here http://www.datafilehost.com/d/a7359fb5

I had actually thought of opening a thread, more ike a book club for those who might be interested in journalling stuff they read from the book, but quashed the idea.
My friend who introduced the book to me says it's more than a book.

Well that's a really good idea. I sure wouldn't mind sharing insights with you. As a matter of fact, it's quite necessary to have a book club for people to share books and insights from what they read. We are proposing that a section be created, dedicated to all things personal development, self-growth and motivation and your idea would make a good topic for it. Thanks for the link, I have downloaded it.

Cc: Seun, Ishilove

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:14pm On Aug 03, 2015
MizMyColi:
grincheesy

Seriouslyshocked
Where are they?

They're there doing their assignment. You can't be hurt!

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 12:16pm On Aug 03, 2015
bare1:

Well that's a really good idea. I sure wouldn't mind sharing insights with you. As a matter of fact, it's quite necessary to have a book club for people to share books and insights from what they read. We are proposing that a section be created, dedicated to all things personal development, self-growth and motivation and your idea would make a good topic for it. Thanks for the link, I have downloaded it.

Cool.
We could share insights here from time to time.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 12:20pm On Aug 03, 2015
bare1:

I just signed up for the book.

I have another on my shelf after this one; "raptureless"
Phew!

I hope I'm able to read like I used to.
That might require me unfollowing politics, lolcheesy
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 12:21pm On Aug 03, 2015
dearpreye:

They're there doing their assignment. You can't be hurt!

Amen!
You too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
MizMyColi:

Amen!
You too
My lady.....
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 12:28pm On Aug 03, 2015
smileysmiley
dearpreye:

My lady.....
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 12:29pm On Aug 03, 2015
Bare1
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bare1(m): 12:33pm On Aug 03, 2015
MizMyColi:

I just signed up for the book.

I have another on my shelf after this one; "raptureless"
Phew!

I hope I'm able to read like I used to.
That might require me unfollowing politics, lolcheesy

lol...my honest advice, do leave politics to politicians and wannabes. Our speed in life is determined by what's chasing us, i.e your priority in life determines what you take up as interests. While some seek to be successful, not everyone actually does. I am sure you can, however I wonder myself if I can with the new book I am writing and all the books lined up my shelf that I have to read. So that means I just might be locked in the whole week. cheesy
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
bare1:

lol...my honest advice, do leave politics to politicians and wannabes. Our speed in life is determined by what's chasing us, i.e your priority in life determines what you take up as interests. While some seek to be successful, not everyone actually does. I am sure you can, however I wonder myself if I can with the new book I am writing and all the books lined up my shelf that I have to read. So that means I just might be locked in the whole week. cheesy

I think your advice is also apt for me. That section can drain sanity and energy. I just needed to reinvent myself HERE.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bare1(m): 12:35pm On Aug 03, 2015
MizMyColi:
Bare1
You stay in Ago too?
Interesting...

Yes I do stay in Ago. How fortunate - surely not coincidental - to have come across you.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 03, 2015
bare1:

Yes I do stay in Ago. How fortunate - surely not coincidental - to have come across you.

Say what?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
bare1:

What if I intend to be one? Or simply have flair at the moment for anything that concerns the polity?

Dearpreye, what do you think?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 12:39pm On Aug 03, 2015
dearpreye:

Say what?

cheesy
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 03, 2015
MizMyColi:

cheesy

I've said all mine heart. I'll close this thread very soon.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
grin
bare1:

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bare1(m): 12:41pm On Aug 03, 2015
dearpreye:

I think your advice is also apt for me. That section can drain sanity and energy. I just needed to reinvent myself HERE.

You can say that again. I remember how I would go on losing sleep over issues of selfish interests and blind followerships - not anymore. Of what value is following a politician to me? One day I only hope we can successfully elect true leaders to transform this beautiful Nation.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
MizMyColi:

What if I intend to be one? Or simply have flair at the moment for anything that concerns the polity?

Dearpreye, what do you think?

I think it's clearly a case of priority. It's imperative we pay some appreciable level of attention to how we're been governed.....But then that section can so drain you. You know I've discussed this issue with you before now.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (34) (Reply)

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / The Day The World Ended / #my Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.