Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,783 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! (101500 Views)

What Book Are You Reading Now / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / What's The Most Captivating Story You Are Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 12:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
dearpreye:

I think your advice is also apt for me. That section can drain sanity and energy. I just needed to reinvent myself HERE.

THIS!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 03, 2015
MizMyColi:

THIS!

I'm barely hanging in there. I'm still trying to download that your book. ...it doesn't seem to be working.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bare1(m): 12:45pm On Aug 03, 2015
MizMyColi:

What if I intend to be one? Or simply have flair at the moment for anything that concerns the polity?

Dearpreye, what do you think?

Please be a leader, not a politician. Leaders we need you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 12:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
dearpreye:

I think it's clearly a case of priority. It's imperative we pay some appreciable level of attention to how we're been governed.....But then that section can so drain you. You know I've discussed this issue with you before now.

I didn't even know you had replied earlier.

@Bare1
Truth is,I'm gradually reviewing my time on there, lately, what I do is more of reading.

I find that it is very easy to lose touch of your reality and essence once you become really embroiled.
I quite agree that it's energy sapping, but hey, an adventure is what it is ey?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 12:48pm On Aug 03, 2015
bare1:

Please be a leader, not a politician. Leaders we need you.

Lol

You might wanna check out the definition of politics and leadership...
They bother on influence.
Politics is everywhere.

I can understand if you are beseeching that I desist from practising Nairaland's brand of politics.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bare1(m): 12:54pm On Aug 03, 2015
MizMyColi:

I didn't even know you had replied earlier.

@Bare1
Truth is,I'm gradually reviewing my time on there, lately, what I do is more of reading.

I find that it is very easy to lose touch of your reality and essence once you become really embroiled.
I quite agree that it's energy sapping, but hey, an adventure is what it is ey?

We all seek an adventure every now and then but sometimes getting into the wrong one usually has an effect on us that could be deteriorating. You are going to get some pretty cool insights from the observations in my book and putting your mind to it, you can expand on it. I added you to my circles on google if you do not mind?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 12:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
bare1:

We all seek an adventure every now and then but sometimes getting into the wrong one usually has an effect on us that could be deteriorating. You are going to get some pretty cool insights from the observations in my book and putting your mind to it, you can expand on it. I added you to my circles on google if you do not mind?

I will add you back as soon as I get the notification.

Done!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 1:03pm On Aug 03, 2015
dearpreye:

I'm barely hanging in there. I'm still trying to download that your book. ...it doesn't seem to be working.

Will send it via PM.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Aug 03, 2015
MizMyColi:

Will send it via PM.

Alright. TIA!

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bare1(m): 1:07pm On Aug 03, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lol

You might wanna check out the definition of politics and leadership...
They bother on influence.
Politics is everywhere.

I can understand if you are beseeching that I desist from practising Nairaland's brand of politics.

True that they both bother on influence but being a leader you more easily influence people when your purpose is truly to serve. Politicians have already made bad names for themselves so in the first place you can be categorised with the bunch. There are good and bad leaders and while a bad leader's method is to control, a good leader guides and directs and you cannot guide people if you are not willing to humble yourself down to the paths you are guiding them through. Yes politics is everywhere but it's how you influence that speaks of who you are. You can either play dirty, trying to buy support like politicians do, or you can genuinely serve the people and earn their trust.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 1:22pm On Aug 03, 2015
bare1:

True that they both bother on influence but being a leader you more easily influence people when your purpose is truly to serve. Politicians have already made bad names for themselves so in the first place you can be categorised with the bunch. There are good and bad leaders and while a bad leader's method is to control, a good leader guides and directs and you cannot guide people if you are not willing to humble yourself down to the paths you are guiding them through. Yes politics is everywhere but it's how you influence that speaks of who you are. You can either play dirty, trying to buy support like politicians do, or you can genuinely serve the people and earn their trust.

I think we can find fulfilment in just about any endeavour our heart so pleases.

I am sure the reason Preye and I decided to give active political discussions a break has to do with the fact that because of the emotional and sentimental attachments, one seems unlikely to apply the THINK (is it thoughtful, helpful, inspiring, necessary, kind) function before commenting.

Take the church for example...
....I think of pastors and I have very bias opinion.

I'm not a fan of institutional Christianity either, and I have my reasons.
Now, does that mean I should discourage those who genuinely seek to tow that path?

No.

It's about them doing what makes them happy, pursuing their interests, it might not be the endgame for them, but it surely is a means to an end.

So, are you implying that there aren't politicians cum leaders out there who wish to truly serve?

If there aren't, are you saying that it is bad for genuine people to try to come in and change the status quo?

I'm sure you're aware that there are different spheres of influence?
My point is that you do not throw the baby out with the bath water.

When we meet people who undertake journies that are different from ours, we can help by not coming off as judging/condemning/belittling their chosen path.

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bare1(m): 2:26pm On Aug 03, 2015
MizMyColi:

I think we can find fulfilment in just about any endeavour our heart so pleases.

I am sure the reason Preye and I decided to give active political discussions a break has to do with the fact that because of the emotional and sentimental attachments, one seems unlikely to apply the THINK (is it thoughtful, helpful, inspiring, necessary, kind) function before commenting.

Take the church for example...
....I think of pastors and I have very bias opinion.

I'm not a fan of institutional Christianity either, and I have my reasons.
Now, does that mean I should discourage those who genuinely seek to tow that path?

No.

It's about them doing what makes them happy, pursuing their interests, it might not be the endgame for them, but it surely is a means to an end.

So, are you implying that there aren't politicians cum leaders out there who wish to truly serve?

If there aren't, are you saying that it is bad for genuine people to try to come in and change the status quo?

I'm sure you're aware that there are different spheres of influence?
My point is that you do not throw the baby out with the bath water.

When we meet people who undertake journies that are different from ours, we can help by not coming off as judging/condemning/belittling their chosen path.

This is not a question about discouraging or condemning anyone's chosen path. As a matter of fact I am encouraging you to be a leader not a politician. I never said you should not involve in politics, after all the need to make Nation builders is to make Nigeria great through governance and various other media. When we say politician, what comes to mind? Definitely not all public servants are politicians. Everybody has got what they find fulfillment in, what matters most is our core values - because apparently that is what makes us who we are and is what propels our actions, on which we all shall be judged eventually.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bare1(m): 2:46pm On Aug 03, 2015
dearpreye:

Say what?

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 3:05pm On Aug 03, 2015
bare1:

This is not a question about discouraging or condemning anyone's chosen path. As a matter of fact I am encouraging you to be a leader not a politician. I never said you should not involve in politics, after all the need to make Nation builders is to make Nigeria great through governance and various other media. When we say politician, what comes to mind? Definitely not all public servants are politicians. Everybody has got what they find fulfillment in, what matters most is our core values - because apparently that is what makes us who we are and is what propels our actions, on which we all shall be judged eventually.

I get your angle now.

Oh well, time for me to get my head buried in these books.
I feel transformation beckoning.
Bye NL, for now cool

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 03, 2015
bare1:

Don't mind me....Just having my fun...

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Charliewyt: 6:42pm On Aug 03, 2015
The purpose driven life by wrick warren. and the spirit controlled temperament by tim lahaye.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 03, 2015
Charliewyt:
The purpose driven life by wrick warren. and the spirit controlled temperament by tim lahaye.

Hmmm...Would you mind dropping a few lines from the first book? How can one live a purpose driven life?

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Charliewyt: 10:58pm On Aug 03, 2015
dearpreye:

Hmmm...Would you mind dropping a few lines from the first book? How can one live a purpose driven life?
For someone to live a life that is driven by purpose, such a person has to first be convinced that we existing is not by accident rather a product of God's handiwork: then following the direction of the creator of life.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by tpiander: 11:53pm On Aug 05, 2015
ghogz:
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.I could send a soft copy.drop an email address if intrested.

VickyRotex:

That book is muahhhh and loaded. Ive got the hardcopy. As big as it seems to look, I love to travel with it everywhere I go. Ive lost count on the number of time I've read it.

Read "Unashamed" and the "Scarlet thread" by her ?

Treasuredlove:
I am reading bridge to haven by francine rivers. I just got started on it and its been a very good read so far. Francine rivers never dissapoints me. Its a work of fiction about a baby girl dumped at the bridge of a small town. She is found by the town's pastor, pastor zeke, whose wife, marianne, insists on keeping the baby despite her weak heart condition. They both have a son, joshua. They name the baby abra. Few years later, marianne dies, abra has to be taken to a new home in town. She nurses a lot of hurt and bitterness towards God and pastor zeke. Joshua starts feeling things he shouldnt for abra....he is however called to war in korea as a medic. Thats where I am right now in the book.

any particular reason why the book and author are in demand right now?

just curious.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 2:46am On Aug 06, 2015
tpiander:

just curious.
oh, she is really good. She has a way of getting her readers' attention and keeping it. She doesnt just write, she teaches through her books. If you are a christian and love christian fiction, try reading her redeeming love novel. I am sure you will also fall in love with her (I promise, I am not her publicity manager...lol)
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by VickyRotex(f): 1:33pm On Aug 06, 2015
tpiander:

just curious.

In demand right now? I never knew about that.

But I know it's just a usual thing about Francine Rivers and her books. People have always loved to read her books.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 3:22pm On Aug 06, 2015
VickyRotex:

In demand right now? I never knew about that.

But I know it's just a usual thing about Francine Rivers and her books. People have always loved to read her books.

And I'm shocked and ashamed I'm yet to see any books from such renown writer. Can you help me get one?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Mizzzbeee(f): 3:24pm On Aug 06, 2015
dearpreye:

And I'm shocked and ashamed I'm yet to see any books from such renown writer. Can you help me get one?
lol it happens..... Her books her more Christian "novelly" types smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by SeverusSnape(m): 3:28pm On Aug 06, 2015
48 laws of power by Robert Greene.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Aug 06, 2015
Mizzzbeee:
lol it happens..... Her books her more Christian "novelly" types smiley

Where went thou? Good to have you around again.

I'll try to see her books, and make definitive plans to a get a few......I'm done with the ROAD LESS TRAVELLED.

I'm currently scanning Leading an inspired life by Jim Rohn.

Good afternoon...
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 3:42pm On Aug 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:
48 laws of power by Robert Greene.

That book!angry
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by SeverusSnape(m): 3:49pm On Aug 06, 2015
MizMyColi:

That book!angry
Whoa!... You don't like the book?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by VickyRotex(f): 3:54pm On Aug 06, 2015
dearpreye:

Lol. You don't have to be. Lots of renowned writers. We get to know about them via threads like this.

The copies I've got are hard copies.

Lost most of my ebooks recently.

The only e copy I've got by her is the "The Lineage of Grace" it's more about women. Comprises of about 5 parts

Unashamed: Rehab

Unafraid: Mary

Unshaken: Ruth

Unspoken: Bathseba

Unveiled: Tamar

I could send that if you don't mind.

You can get copies of her books on Amazon. That I'm very sure of. Or preferably read them on scribbd dot com. That's where I read some e books.

You can try reading these two by her:

Sons of Encouragement
2and As sure as the dawn

Sons of Encouragement comprises of 5 parts aswel. The Prince, The Priest, The Prophet, cant remember the last 2.

Enjoy!

Btw, MizzzBeee is right!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by AfricanApple(f): 4:00pm On Aug 06, 2015
how Europe underdeveloped Africa
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Aug 06, 2015
VickyRotex:

Lol. You don't have to be. Lots of renowned writers. We get to know about them via threads like this.

The copies I've got are hard copies.

Lost most of my ebooks recently.

The only e copy I've got by her is the "The Lineage of Grace" it's more about women. Comprises of about 5 parts

Unashamed: Rehab

Unafraid: Mary

Unshaken: Ruth

Unspoken: Bathseba

Unveiled: Tamar

I could send that if you don't mind.

You can get copies of her books on Amazon. That I'm very sure of. Or preferably read them on scribbd dot com. That's where I read some e books.

You can try reading these two by her:

Sons of Encouragement
and As sure as the dawn

Enjoy!

Btw, MizzzBeee is right!

Please, I don't mind.

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:02pm On Aug 06, 2015
Shark Tales by Barbara Corcoran with Bruce Corcoran.......been reading this for a week now. Got scarce time to read

I'll recommend it for those who got ideas and wish to transform their passion to business

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by MizMyColi(f): 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
SeverusSnape:

Whoa!... You don't like the book?

I think it borders a lot on manipulative tendencies.

Agreed, it is useful for certain situations, but it is quite disappointing to see that we practice those "laws" in our interpersonal relationships.

It takes away from us the ability to exert our true selves and allow people love us for who and what we are....not what or who we want them to think we are.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (34) (Reply)

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / The Day The World Ended / #my Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.