Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,268 members, 7,815,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! - Literature (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! (101395 Views)

What Book Are You Reading Now / No More Room For Love- By Loudest Thoughts / What's The Most Captivating Story You Are Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by formerlyMbulela: 4:10pm On Jul 14, 2015
bulakos:
The accidental public servant by Nasir Elrufai.

It's a peace of literature worth reading.
It depicts the typical epitome of a successful hardworking and devoted civil servant who achieved what was seen as impossible to achieve despite all odds. It's a yardstick for wo ever want to be in government
A piece of literature not peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by VickyRotex(f): 4:12pm On Jul 14, 2015
ghogz:
Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers.I could send a soft copy.drop an email address if intrested.

That book is muahhhh and loaded. Ive got the hardcopy. As big as it seems to look, I love to travel with it everywhere I go. Ive lost count on the number of time I've read it.

Read "Unashamed" and the "Scarlet thread" by her ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:13pm On Jul 14, 2015
dearpreye:

The ability to write. Is it always a gift? Can it be learned? What's the challenges with writing a book?

You just wrote a sentence. And you still have tons of sentences inside you - enough to fill several books.

What we usually lack is confidence that people will find what we've written subpar.

And you don't even need to write much, you could record some of your thoughts and then have some writer flesh it out. You could draw an outline, and then have someone more inclined write it.

Several big names don't write sh1t. They use ghostwriters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by djPhilz: 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
Im currently reading BILLIONAIRE SECRETS TO SUCCESS by Bill Bartmann. Its all about how to succeed in any thing. I tell you its one of the. Best. And easy ways of success dat I have. Ever read. PLS TRY TO READ IT

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by OttoKorrect: 4:16pm On Jul 14, 2015
The Fishermen - Chigozie Obioma.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by WhyNa: 4:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
Act like a lady, think like a man by Steve Harvey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jul 14, 2015
formerlyMbulela:

Apologies if they sounded that way.
It was actually an attack on your idea not your person.
No offence intended,pls.

It's okay.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 14, 2015
djPhilz:
Im currently reading BILLIONAIRE SECRETS TO SUCCESS by Bill Bartmann. Its all about how to succeed in any thing. I tell you its one of the. Best. And easy ways of success dat I have. Ever read. PLS TRY TO READ IT

Could you share just ONE secret with us, please?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:22pm On Jul 14, 2015
BuddhaPalm:

You just wrote a sentence. And you still have tons of sentences inside you - enough to fill several books.

What we usually lack is confidence that people will find what we've written subpar.

And you don't even need to write much, you could record some of your thoughts and then have some writer flesh it out. You could draw an outline, and then have someone more inclined write it.

Several big names don't write sh1t. They use ghostwriters.

That confidence thing eehhnn! So true.

It seems we pay more attention to our inability to produce a good book than on our target audience!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:24pm On Jul 14, 2015
Millionjeff:
Pls send that soft copy to me,that was sent You.pls I need it.@ gateforinformation@gmail. com

Acknowledge once it's received. I've asked a very good friend of mine to send you a copy.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 14, 2015
badttrader:
I am currently reading Rules of Wealth by Richard Templar. I must say its an eye-opener.

He's a series kinda of book I guess?

Please, share one rule of wealth with us. There are many of us who shall benefit from it. Thanks.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by deeptesting(m): 4:28pm On Jul 14, 2015
Just done with the attached book.. It is a book that will expose you to the physical & spiritual benefit of fasting as a believer in Christ.. I recommend it to all believers. The next on my list is "The Art of Prayer". By Kenneth E. Hagin.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by bispope(m): 4:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
my Bible. the best and life providing book ever seen in this life. A gift from God for one's salvation and prosperity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jul 14, 2015
deeptesting:
Just done with the attached book.. It is a book that will expose you to the physical & spiritual benefit of fasting as a believer in Christ.. I recommend it to all believers. The next on my list is "The Art of Prayer". By Kenneth E. Hagin.

Thanks for sharing!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jul 14, 2015
bispope:
my Bible. the best and life providing book ever seen in this life. A gift from God for one's salvation and prosperity

Share and run a brief commentary on a verse. Let's say John 10.10.

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Rilwayne001: 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
Demmzy15:
Bro, is it the same with 'Legend Of Seeker'? shocked
YES. It is much more interesting than the TV series.

1 Like

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by flyforall: 4:32pm On Jul 14, 2015
Reading Eat Right 4 Your type
This basically tells you what foods to eat depending on your blood type and how one persons metabolism is faster than another's due to the kind of food they eat, exercise and blood type

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2015
syras:
I recently am reading "Why You Act the Way You Do" by Tim LaHaye. The book discusses different "temperaments" possessed by everyone. Some of these temperaments are boiling while some are subtle. However, it is of great importance to ascertain which one one has to better understand ones nature as it is to analyse someone else's to settle conflict.

I see an opportunity in this book for it can be of great aid to entrepreneurs - as they need to surround themselves with the "right" people. Thus, it is a major way to recruit. I shall enjoin everyone to read it.

Thanks Dearpreye for the thread, though.

I've seen that book shaaaa!

The thought explained humans are either sanguine, phlegmatic, choleric or melancholy. I'm not sure I can tell where I really belong now.......

Bro, I thought he also said no single person has only one temperament. Could you throw more light on that?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Profmaojo: 4:37pm On Jul 14, 2015
Nice me too, seems u are an education student year 2, wich skul if i may ask
peppyluv02:
General principles and methods in education...... smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 14, 2015
Profmaojo:
Nice me too, seems u are an education student year 2, wich skul if i may ask

That was my very first though. She could hardly stop. She was just in her natural habitat.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by chuksroy(m): 4:40pm On Jul 14, 2015
i just finished downloading THE ROAD LESS
TRAVELLED, By Scott Peck on pdf format. i hope to access it tonite after work schedules. thanks @ op

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:43pm On Jul 14, 2015
chuksroy:
i just finished downloading THE ROAD LESS
TRAVELLED, By Scott Peck on pdf format. i hope to access it tonite after work schedules. thanks @ op

You're welcome. Just take it very gradually. Open up your mind. Enjoy. Read. Ponder. Think. Question. Form opinion.

It's a very good book.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Whynotthetruth(m): 4:44pm On Jul 14, 2015
VickyRotex:

Good PM. No problem, I already searched but I got the pdf for introduction and summary, of about 30pages instead of the 200plus pages for the full book.
I'll try get it in a store.

Thank you!

That's good then...Like Op said readers are leaders not necessarily political leaders but more opinion leaders...Notwithstanding I am a timid man, but books have given me a little knowledge of everything...hence hardly can I ever find myself amidst people discussing any topic that's alien to me...Reading itself has an all encompassing merits on our mental capacity, stability, and adaptability... Keep it up babe!!!

2 Likes

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jul 14, 2015
uzolexis:

You should read "Rome sweet Home" by Scott and Kimberly Hahn..that book lifted me when I was loosing faith, I think I need to read it again sef.

So good to know you didn't lose faith. Life can sometimes be so mean, lonely and cold. It can be so dull and uninspiring. During such moments, we need to take away our eyes from ourselves and place them somewhere else, especially on God.

The just shall live by FAITH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by saddabm(m): 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2015
I'm currently reading The World is Flat

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by saddabm(m): 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2015
I'm currently reading The World is Flat
Its a motivational book
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

That's good then...Like Op said readers are leaders not necessarily political leaders but more opinion leaders...Notwithstanding I am a timid man, but books have given me a little knowledge of everything...hence hardly can I ever find myself amidst people discussing any topic that's alien to me...Reading itself has an all encompassing merits on our mental capacity, stability, and adaptability... Keep it up babe!!!

Bro, you're a challenge to me. An encouragement. A beacon. A lighthouse of hope and purpose. An oasis of knowledge. Keep it up!
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by dboss444: 4:52pm On Jul 14, 2015
The book I'm currently is what I didn't learn at school but wish I had by jamie mc intyre. The book tlks abt the abundance of life, the men that control d financial institution and the power of the human mind and 21st century education
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Demmzy15(m): 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2015
Rilwayne001:

YES. It is much more interesting than the TV series.
Is the pdf available?
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2015
dboss444:
The book I'm currently is what I didn't learn at school but wish I had by jamie mc intyre. The book tlks abt the abundance of life, the men that control d financial institution and the power of the human mind and 21st century education

It's the same problem we're still having with our education. It hardly teaches real finance. It doesn't encourage entrepreneurs at all. We are trained to go to school, get a good grade and end up working tirelessly for the wealth of others. Terrible.

But thank God for the Internet. All that's changing for the better. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by dgr8est(m): 4:55pm On Jul 14, 2015
Unfair Advantage_ Robert Kiyosaki

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! by Nobody: 4:56pm On Jul 14, 2015
dgr8est:
Unfair Advantage_ Robert Kiyosaki

I've never seen or heard about this book. Not after today.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (34) (Reply)

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) / The Day The World Ended / #my Life

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.