Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts (65192 Views)

Farmer Hit By A Fired Gas Canister During Chaos In Aba (Graphic Photos) / BREAKING: Kano Assembly Speaker Resigns Over Emir Sanusi Probe / Soldier Killed In Yobe After His Convoy Was Hit By A Bomb. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by merry02(m): 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2015
muhammed10:
ALERT!! ALERT!!...THERE IS A SERIOUS SUSPECT ON THIS FORUM THERE IS A BOKO HARAM INFORMANT..PLS MY DEAR NAIRA LANDERS..LETS TRACK THAT GUY THAT PREDICT THIS BOMBING...THE GUY IS A SABOTURE AND A MURDERER ...
G
Shut up and use your brain. Intellectuals learn from past events by studying patterns.

9 Likes

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by klevjey: 10:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
Mopolchi:
shocked This Boko Haram na mumu ooo. They want make we leave Nigeria for them Na capital lie. angry We need to flush this evil animals away from this earth. Hope Buhari is really doing something? angry

How can the dullard do something when he is boko haram?? he created the monster and now they have gone out of hand

6 Likes

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by papaejima1: 10:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
emerich:
Thunder fire all U guys predicting Kaduna to be next, it's ur states that wld be next, yeye soothsayers.
grin grin grin grin
The fear of Boko haram is the beginning of wisdom even in the north... grin grin grin

7 Likes

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by tayolove12(m): 10:44pm On Jul 06, 2015
opiaoku:

no vex
Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jul 06, 2015
Ikengawo:

Why? When GEJ prayed and fought they stoned him and elected the same fulani that radicalize kill and oppress them. Now GEJ is gone and they're still attacking him. Meanwhile he's asking us to pray for them.
I'm more concerned about the safety of innocent people. Let's join hands to pray for the North

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by efonat(m): 10:49pm On Jul 06, 2015
[size=30pt]maybe next Kaduna[/size]
papaejima1:
Someone said earlier today that the next target would likely be Kano based on past patterns of the BH bombing.
Now it has happened.
Why couldnt even our security and intelligence people think for crying out loud?
Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by 3kay945(m): 10:50pm On Jul 06, 2015
Boko haram still gaining ground. The presidency needs to step up its game o, lives are being wasted on daily basis here.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by JurassicPark: 10:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
A fee Cee wanted to rule, now they gat it...face it and don't dare run

If Lai called GEJ clueless, PMB is ..................

8 Likes

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by Ayameze2015(m): 10:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
Bomb again! R.i.p
Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by Tolexander: 10:52pm On Jul 06, 2015
opiaoku:

ok
ogogoro na bastard!
Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by mercy1196: 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2015
sirscripture:
You dont need a soothsayer to tell u that kano would be next. Boko haram always carry out major attacks in this format. Only that our govt just want to look one way...The last too previous ones were also like this..
God help us in dis country. Our leaders don't value life...

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by UncleJudax(m): 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2015
Sleekey:
O Lord. Not kano. What is their offence na.
You mean there are states that have offended the people behind these serial bombings? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by 2kris(m): 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
Faculty14:
nah I don't think the guy is a suspect
If you stay in the north you become use to their attack strategy.that's if ure very observant
Truth is am not surprised by this attack.it happend exactly the same period \time like the one we experienced in jos yestday
Their next target probably is k.d or gombe
Or the go back to borno.and it jus continues embarassed
I
so did u go to jos today bcuz i heard those guys selling gwonjo did not open,hope the are nt planing any retaliation
Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by opiaoku: 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2015
fx45:
Bloodykiller, BloodyAssassin. Do you by any chance know him

Buhari is a terrorist - Elrufai

this is all I know for now

3 Likes

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by opiaoku: 10:55pm On Jul 06, 2015
Tolexander:
ogogoro na bastard! because my father loves it
cool
Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by king406(m): 10:56pm On Jul 06, 2015
I blame GEJ for this angry
Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by Tolexander: 10:57pm On Jul 06, 2015
opiaoku:
cool
ogogoro na bastard!
Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by opiaoku: 10:58pm On Jul 06, 2015
Tolexander:
my ogogoro na bastard!
Otu nne i bastard grin
Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by klevjey: 10:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
TheDauraMallam:
Where are the fools that said Buhari was the sponsor of Boko Haram? Also, I thought Sir. Jonah professed to know about those sponsoring Boko Haram...why can't he find a more subtle way of revealing the secret to us....?

Oh, damn, he couldn't even do that when he wa the president,and I expect him to do that now?

Lagging in oral English.

my friend, keep quiet and tell dullapo a.k.a dullardinh.o to call his boys to order...or maybe he can't control them anymore...karma!!!

9 Likes

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by Faculty14(m): 10:59pm On Jul 06, 2015
2kris:
so did u go to jos today bcuz i heard those guys selling gwonjo did not open,hope the are nt planing any retaliation
the whole town was tensed
But so I heard.I normally pass through bauchi rd wen heading to terminus. But I dint dare it today
I also saw burnt tires at corner shagari area
It then signaled to me that there were protest Lst nite
But most gwonjo sellers dint not open for business as they went to bury the dead

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by lagdmark(m): 11:00pm On Jul 06, 2015
When some wise guys said buhari was sick and too old to be President, APC said the pple's general will deliver.
The President is totally confused and needs rehabilitation ASAP

4 Likes

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by ogazi007(m): 11:03pm On Jul 06, 2015
They will be defeated.They are just trying to put fear in people's mind and weaken our resolute to stand up to these evil people.

PMB should stay focuse and not get distracted with all the unnecessary social media niose.I want him to take responsibility of all that had happened and never blame opposition for Bokoharam activities.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by SUBMARINE: 11:04pm On Jul 06, 2015
lagdmark:
When some wise guys said buhari was sick and too old to be President, APC said the pple's general will deliver.
The President is totally confused and needs rehabilitation ASAP

Absolute Confusion grin

Buhari will wish he never contested. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by agenzxy(m): 11:06pm On Jul 06, 2015
Maybe Kaduna or Abuja... People there should be careful
efonat:
[size=30pt]maybe next Kaduna[/size]
Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by 2kris(m): 11:08pm On Jul 06, 2015
otokx:
Its always darkest before sunrise.
judging from ur words u definitely donot live in anypart of d north so no need to start trading words with u....i was almost killed yestaday after d blast in jos bcuz i am a xtian and u are here typing sunrise ..after ramadan these issue will increase if nt properly addressed

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 06, 2015
Northern Nigeria Petroleum corporation =NNPC

her full cup

Posted By TheScoop on April 12, 2014

inShare

By Ross Alabo-George

If her key accomplishment is making sure that a major oil producing country like Nigeria has petroleum products in filling stations around the country and the long queues disappear, then, the simple truth is that we do not need her. If all she does is make sure that our crude oil is shipped into foreign lands as raw materials that create jobs abroad, perpetuating poverty at home, then she deserves nothing but spite. If she was listed in the New York Stock Exchange, her value will be less than a dollar. The NNPC has become a big-for-nothing enterprise.

For over three decades, the NNPC has operated at a loss, and has not contributed a dime (from its profits) to the national coffers from all its multibillion dollar operations. The corporation has suffered from visionless leadership and poor management.

When President Goodluck Jonathan appointed Ms. D. Allison-Madueke as minister of petroleum resources, it was because the president wanted her to deploy her years of industry experience and the content of her glorious resume into productive leadership. Nigerians looked forward to rapid reforms in a sector that has become the cash cow of the nation. So far, the story has been that of colossal disappointment.

I am sure that the president is deeply disappointed about the sorry state of the petroleum ministry and the NNPC.
Ms. Diezani Allison-Madueke is the most powerful minister of petroleum this country has ever had. Before her, Prof. Tam David-West used to be man that held that ‘title’. Prof. David-West doubled as the chairman of NNPC board of directors, and no other minister of petroleum after him ever did, until Ms. Madueke demanded to be, and got the nod to become.

With that power, David-West built two major refineries, pipelines, and storage facilities across the country. In fact local gasoline production exceeded local demands. Minister David-West, with the support of General Mohammed Buhari laid the foundation for the petroleum industry we have today, and nothing much has changed, in terms of structure, since David-West left as minister.

The Petroleum Industry Bill (PIB) was to be the flagship initiative of the Jonathan administration, but the political intrigues seem to have overwhelmed the minister. Some senators from the South-South Region quietly express their concern about the slothful manner and indifference with which the bill has been handled. They are disappointed that the minister has not been able to galvanize the required support of stakeholders.

More worrisome is their complaint that the presidency and the PDP has not completely deployed its weight on the matter. The PIB falls short of reforming the most critical organization of the industry. So, even when passed into law, the PIB will serve more as reinforcement to the existing regulatory framework, community participation and royalties. The PIB would not reform the NNPC.

The NNPC has no vision. It is a national enterprise that has not grown for decades and continues to depend on crude oil sales solely for its revenue. NNPC has no major profit yielding investment locally or internationally. Its subsidiaries, which are potentially viable groups on their own, have become mere departments of a sluggish behemoth. Most of the NNPC’s subsidiaries except the NPDC (credit of Ms. Diezani) operate at a loss, and this has been the case for decades.

Russia is the World’s number one oil producing nation. It dwarfs Nigeria in both exports and reserves. However, Russia does not just depend on sales from crude oil. It leverages on its comparative advantages in petroleum, and expands its frontiers globally.
Bashneft is an independent state-owned Russian oil company. It is one of the largest producer of oil products in Russia. The company operates 140 oil and natural gas fields in Russia and has an annual oil production of 16 million tonnes. Bashneft owns three oil refineries located in Ufa with a combined capacity of 820,000 bbl/d (130,000 m3/d) and 100 petrol stations.

After three decade, the NNPC is struggling to fix its 3 refineries, while other oil producing nations have transformed their state-owned oil enterprises into profitable ventures.
Venezuela is in many ways like Nigeria, the state-owned PDVSA is the government cash cow, in fact to be empoloyed in the PDVSA you had to be loyal to the Chavez revolution. Despite that extent of politicization , the PDVSA has been profitable and venturing beyond the shores of the Western hemisphere. In 2007, PDVSA bought 82.14% percent of Electricidad de Caracas company from AES Corporation as part of a renationalization program.
Citgo Petroleum Corporation, USA is 100% owned by PDVSA – PDVSA owns a 50% stake in Nynäs Petroleum, Sweden. Until April 2008, PDVSA was the sole owner of Bahamas Oil Refining Company (BORCO), Bahamas. Hovensa LLC refinery, US Virgin Islands – Hovensa is jointly owned by PDVSA and Hess Oil Virgin Islands Corp. PDVSA was a 50% owner of Ruhr Oel GmbH, the other half belonging to BP’s German unit Aral AG. PDVSA sold its part to Russia’s Rosneft on October 2010, raking in profit shared with Venezuela.

Gazprom, was created in 1989 when the Ministry of Gas Industry of the Soviet Union transformed itself into a corporation, keeping all its assets intact. The company was later privatised in part, but currently the Russian government holds a majority stake. In 2011, the company produced about 513.2 billion cubic metres (18.12 trillion cubic feet) of natural gas, amounting to more than 17% of worldwide gas production. In addition, Gazprom produced about 32.3 million tons of crude oil and nearly 12.1 million tons of gas condensate. Gazprom’s activities accounted for 8% of Russia’s gross domestic product in 2011.
Gazprom has controlling shares in over 300 major business subsidiaries, across over 50 countries. Mostly in oil and gas, and energy. Gazprom business empire extends to Nigeria.

Nigaz is a joint venture between the Russian gas company Gazprom and the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation. Nigaz was established in 2009. It plans to invest US$2.5 billion to build oil and gas refineries, pipelines and gas power stations in Nigeria.
The reforms the NNPC need are those that will re-establish it as a profitable venture. The whole idea of Transcorp Plc is what the NNPC is supposed to be. It should be investing in Telecommunication, Energy, Solid Minerals, Transportation and even Education.

Why are our refineries not working when the monies the NNPC claims it spent importing fuel can buy the NNPC at least four good refineries in Europe? It is simply because the NNPC is run like a ministry rather than an enterprise.
The NNPC cannot manage a refinery when its contemporaries across the globe are acquiring such assets. A ministry does not run a business.
But when an enterprise has been running at a loss for over decade, the question the president must ask is if such an enterprise should remain the way it is. The PIB will mean nothing if the NNPC remains this way. Time to reform the NNPC is now. She is finished!

– This Best Outside Opinion was written byRoss Alabo-George/BusinessDay

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by duality(m): 11:08pm On Jul 06, 2015
You may not agree with me, But all these are part of the plan to end this boko haram thing without any outrage. Its all part of the game plan.

My point is, Let's be watchful. Even if boko haram ends today and every one goes on with praise singing, Let not ever forget to ask the right and hash questions. If we don't ask , then we have been defeated. But God forbid.

Boko haram didn't start killing today. Nigerians Don't be deceived. The people behind this thing are looking for a way to end it, so that we don't focus on them. This is the time we can catch them. any smart person should know this. Lets monitor these event very closely. we shall find the clue.

Boko haram MUST NOT END IN NIGERIA WITHOUT HEADS ROLLING. Lets be Vigilant. There are clues in these event.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by dedos(m): 11:09pm On Jul 06, 2015
Let me also copy dat guy say d nxt target mayb Maiduguri grin
Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by Demainman1: 11:12pm On Jul 06, 2015
The first move Buhari made after he was sworn in was to release $21 Million out of $100M to the Boko Haram guys and claimed it was for the MJTF. We are now seeing the result.

5 Likes

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by 2kris(m): 11:14pm On Jul 06, 2015
makzeze:
back to sender
na lie ohhh u ask for it so many apc supporters both in nairaland and my area are quits no words from them many sai that the are dis appointed by buhari leadership style and u are here backing apc buhari ...broda pmb needs to sit up really fast or we are doomed.......e be like u never ever for ur life here bomb blow

1 Like

Re: Breaking: Kano Hit By Blasts by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2015
klevjey:

my friend, keep quiet and tell dullapo a.k.a dullardinh.o to call his boys to order...or maybe he can't control them anymore...karma!!!
Dullapo . . .LMAO

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Buhari Receives Archbishop Of Canterbury In London (Photos) / Babajide Sanwo-olu Will Use Armoured Range Rover Sentinel SUV As Official Car / El-Rufai Set To Wed Zahra Buhari - Polity Weekly Magazine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.