Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,772 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:03 AM

Why Men Sleep After Sex - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Men Sleep After Sex (925 Views)

Kenyan Man Dumps Lady After Sex, Says 'Once You Hit The Honey Pot, Story Ends' / Reasons Why Men Should Stop Patronizing Prostitutes(oloshos) / Here Are The Reasons Men Sleep After Sexx...number 8 Is Whaoo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Men Sleep After Sex by souljaboi51(m): 10:18am On Jul 08, 2015
Researchers from the French government took scans of men's brains during and after sex to monitor changes in their mental activity.
They found that the cerebral cortex, which governs conscious thought, switched off during orgasm.
Two other areas, the cingulate cortex and the amygdala, then sent a message to the rest of the brain telling it to remove all sexual desire, via the release of sleep-inducing chemicals including serotonin and opioids.
Serge Stoléru, one of the scientists who conducted the research, told the Sunday Times: "These experiments give us the first hints as to what happens in the brain during orgasm."
The findings may provide men with a helpful excuse to turn off the light and go to sleep, but they are unlikely to be welcomed by their partners who do not experience the same effect. Dr Stoléru explained: “After men have an orgasm they usually experience a refractory period when they cannot be aroused.
"For women it seems to be different. They don't seem to have such a strong refractory period and may be asking for more when their partners just want a rest."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/news/9418493/Sex-really-does-make-men-fall-asleep.html

So ladies, dont blame us grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by Nobody: 10:20am On Jul 08, 2015
ONLY

LAZY MEN SLEEP

AFTER...

I DONT OOOOO
Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 08, 2015
hmmnnn, interesting...
Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by Rubis(m): 10:28am On Jul 08, 2015
Not all these findings are right jare. Me for example, I only sleep if we do it in the middle of the night and so do many people I know.
Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by funlord(m): 10:37am On Jul 08, 2015
grin It is called a "power nap"! It occurs from time to time but is not a regular occurrence! It helps sha 2 recharge your ball batteries! And it affects babes too!

1 Like

Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by Lordave: 10:40am On Jul 08, 2015
That's after a long romp.

Who sleeps after ejacülating in 10 mins?
Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by swaggzo(m): 10:42am On Jul 08, 2015
YES
THIS IS SO OLD SCHOOL.
I DO NOT SLEEP AFTER SEX.. ONLY WEAK MEN SLEEP LIKE THE MEN OF THE 60'S.
undecided
Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by souljaboi51(m): 10:43am On Jul 08, 2015
like all research, it is not 100 percent accurate. depends on sample used.
Re: Why Men Sleep After Sex by Nicklaus(m): 11:08am On Jul 08, 2015
Yes! Very correct. If you have a problem with this, hug something.

(1) (Reply)

Come See! Condoms That Detect Stis / I Will Remain A Virgin / When You Catch Your Guy With Another Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.