Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... (55184 Views)

"Meet Me At Mega Hilton Hotel": An Interviewer Told Me. I Have Suffered / Dear Cynthia, My Ex-gf Father Was My Interviewer. / Can I Correct My Interviewer's Grammatical Errors? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by freecocoa(f): 11:49am On Jul 09, 2015
Duh!

You are intelligent
Arrogant(believe me I know the difference between that and self confidence)
Hostile

I could go on.

Then again, I'm yet to meet or hear of any interviewer with that much patience, like you could say that word for word in an interview, without them knowing it was crammed.

2 Likes

Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by ayusco85(m): 11:50am On Jul 09, 2015
kazzonline:

Actually that post was scarsm,

U can't even spell "sarcasm"

2 Likes

Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by Duletion(m): 11:52am On Jul 09, 2015
You forgot to tell us how the interviewer fell asleep and you had to wake him up after your autobiography

4 Likes

Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by emmydee(m): 11:55am On Jul 09, 2015
huthority01:
LEARN TO USE WORDS OF YOUR OWN, ELSE YOU WILL BE SUED FOR PLAGIARIZING......

As long as he quoted the original user of the phrase, it is not in any way, Plagiarism!
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by mubarak001(m): 11:56am On Jul 09, 2015
kilode? Wt was the guy saying self cos i slept off in-btw reading?

1 Like

Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by BTT(m): 11:57am On Jul 09, 2015
huthority01:
I'm a Leo! I have double personality! Actually, It’s multiple! I study the game of power to develop the ability to understand everybody around me and judge by my own reasoning, & by this, i don’t joke with what are not meant to be joked with. I respect & honor, those who deserved to be honored. I can be anybody, any day, anytime, anyhow, anywhere.

I’m energetic, dynamic, competent, ambitious and decisive, a confident natural leader, who loves responsibility and challenges. I instinctively aspire to positions in which I can mobilize resources and seek long-term goals. I care for the global direction, but leave the detailed implementation tasks to others.

I look for the strategically most effective ways and ensure that problems are solved and decisions are taken, and that something goes on. I radiate a natural authority and awaken confidence and trust in others. I like and respect people who challenge me, but hate incompetence and inefficiency and treat people who do not meet my expectations harshly. I prefer to work with independent, decisive and results-oriented people. I’m aware of competition and often a workaholic and i want to be the best in whatever I do.

I am open and honest, resolute and energetic, I express my opinions powerfully and generally i go straight to the point. I love confrontations and enjoy intellectually stimulating discussions, but I can only be convinced by clear and solid rational reasons. I think fast, express myself clearly and speak in public with skill and full of self-confidence, even impromptu.
I am logical, analytical, innovative and imaginative. I can make effective and often tough decisions, and if it requires the matter, I rarely take into consideration the feelings and needs of the affected people. I am brave and determined when it is necessary to solve complex problems and I can make drastic changes. Once i have started an action, I am often not willing to change my plans, even if the circumstances may seem to require it.

Although it is difficult for me to harmonize family and professional life, I care very conscientiously and responsibly for the welfare and financial security of my family and friends. I wish for a life partner, who is autonomous and self-aware and supports my image of success. You inspire people who mean something to you to improve constantly.

I value prestige and status, I’m sociable, I can be entertaining and affable and i live with pleasure and enthusiasm. i see relationships also as an opportunity to learn something. I prefer social events which allow a mentally stimulating exchange. I connect work and pleasure and foster commercially important relationships.................

I love the intro 'I am Leo!' Everything keeps connecting to it in my head and this is commendable.

I also think that the part of your family life ineptitude should have been totally clipped. Very many people want great family builders, even when they are not so themselves.

After that 3rd paragraph, every other thing became an overkill, which negates the very personality you try to portend.

As an interviewer, I will hire you but will seek to put you where the battle is bloodiest. Remember, that is what you asked for.

But I learnt something here.

3 Likes

Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by searider(m): 11:57am On Jul 09, 2015
With this kind of self-description and appraisal; I will not employ you if am the interviewer. You seem too perfect for the job.

I wouldnt want to employ somebody who will be giving me headache and palpitation.
Lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by semitunde: 11:57am On Jul 09, 2015
jaybee3:

GBAM

You are bang on point

He obviously theorized his answers which is usually a turn off.

Sorry to derail. Has the Inspiredm thread been deleted? I just came online and I can't find it.
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by Nobody: 12:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
Op, how did the poetry competition go?
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by bobbiekrantz: 12:00pm On Jul 09, 2015
The interviewer must be a slowpoke!! angry
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by Goddygee(m): 12:01pm On Jul 09, 2015
Abg whic music lyrics b diz?
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by hedonistic: 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
All I see here is the self-aggrandizing ramble of a garrulous candidate. Most interviewers I know would abruptly cut you short after a few seconds of enduring this over-rehearsed, almost robotic parroting.

There is a difference between effusion of confidence and delusion of grandeur.
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jul 09, 2015
Many are mad, few are roaming.

But this one is definitely MAD and ROAMING.. I even shock pass the interviewer.

And thats how people fail exam, someone like this would come out and be like "i murder the thing".

Oni ranu.

2 Likes

Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by dammytosh: 12:05pm On Jul 09, 2015
Dear Lord,

I hope no applicant memorize this and come to my office.

Any way, i would have stopped him when he got to the second paragraph and call the security guys.

LMAO

1 Like

Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by fpeter(f): 12:06pm On Jul 09, 2015
hehheheee.....as a HR person, i go just bounce you because you no sell your skills or traits wey go fit benefit the company
you just dey blow your trumpet and 8i tell you, no interviewer get time for all these ur long story all we need na key selling points.
GO AND JOIN POLITICS....wa sere!!! cheesy
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by jaybee3(m): 12:10pm On Jul 09, 2015
semitunde:

Sorry to derail. Has the Inspiredm thread been deleted? I just came online and I can't find it.

They backed the OP into a corner by insisting the thread gets hidden/binned as the sole condition for her full refund

Now we wonder how issues bordering along fraud are able to fester in our society
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by Roush: 12:12pm On Jul 09, 2015
this post is so funny...laughed my ass off in the office.
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jul 09, 2015
huthority01:
I EXPECTED SOMEONE TO ASK WHAT ORGANIZATION IS IT I CAN BRACE UP TO DESCRIBE MYSELF IN SUCH A WAY...
If I am the owner of the firm, I will employ him and entrap him, with a project he will regret taking on, like building an estate in Sambisa forest or a model primary and secondary school.
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by 9jatatafo(m): 12:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
If I was the interviewer I will tell the OP that he is a copy cat because he must have read and programmed this into his jobless brain. I will give you the job and ask you to write all that you said down, I will be watching you as you work and any day, time or anywhere you go contrary to what you said about yourself, I will tell a sign board writer to write your sack letter in a giant bill board with big letters and place it outside the office for you. OP you seems boastful and a talkative.
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by semitunde: 12:15pm On Jul 09, 2015
jaybee3:

They backed the OP into a corner by insisting the thread gets hidden/binned as the sole condition for her full refund

Now we wonder how issues bordering along fraud are able to fester in our society

angry

OK . I can see its back. But now locked.
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by prestige2013: 12:19pm On Jul 09, 2015
huthority01:
I EXPECTED SOMEONE TO ASK WHAT ORGANIZATION IS IT I CAN BRACE UP TO DESCRIBE MYSELF IN SUCH A WAY...

After all na GNLD offer
huthority01:

After all na GNLD offer
huthority01:

After all na GNLD offer
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 09, 2015
This is boring.

As an interviewer, I'd rather you give me instances of each trait.

Besides, basically you should summarise description of yourself in 2minutes highest. This is just an intro.
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by adeiza4u(m): 12:31pm On Jul 09, 2015
huthority01:
I'm a Leo! I have double personality! Actually, It’s multiple! I study the game of power to develop the ability to understand everybody around me and judge by my own reasoning, & by this, i don’t joke with what are not meant to be joked with. I respect & honor, those who deserved to be honored. I can be anybody, any day, anytime, anyhow, anywhere.

I’m energetic, dynamic, competent, ambitious and decisive, a confident natural leader, who loves responsibility and challenges. I instinctively aspire to positions in which I can mobilize resources and seek long-term goals. I care for the global direction, but leave the detailed implementation tasks to others.

I look for the strategically most effective ways and ensure that problems are solved and decisions are taken, and that something goes on. I radiate a natural authority and awaken confidence and trust in others. I like and respect people who challenge me, but hate incompetence and inefficiency and treat people who do not meet my expectations harshly. I prefer to work with independent, decisive and results-oriented people. I’m aware of competition and often a workaholic and i want to be the best in whatever I do.

I am open and honest, resolute and energetic, I express my opinions powerfully and generally i go straight to the point. I love confrontations and enjoy intellectually stimulating discussions, but I can only be convinced by clear and solid rational reasons. I think fast, express myself clearly and speak in public with skill and full of self-confidence, even impromptu.
I am logical, analytical, innovative and imaginative. I can make effective and often tough decisions, and if it requires the matter, I rarely take into consideration the feelings and needs of the affected people. I am brave and determined when it is necessary to solve complex problems and I can make drastic changes. Once i have started an action, I am often not willing to change my plans, even if the circumstances may seem to require it.

Although it is difficult for me to harmonize family and professional life, I care very conscientiously and responsibly for the welfare and financial security of my family and friends. I wish for a life partner, who is autonomous and self-aware and supports my image of success. You inspire people who mean something to you to improve constantly.

I value prestige and status, I’m sociable, I can be entertaining and affable and i live with pleasure and enthusiasm. i see relationships also as an opportunity to learn something. I prefer social events which allow a mentally stimulating exchange. I connect work and pleasure and foster commercially important relationships.................

if i be the interviewer, i go say may u recite am again lol. But i like the piece sir.
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by JurassicPark: 12:36pm On Jul 09, 2015
OP, I guess your interviewer was Soyinka or better still Hon. Patrick grin

It is a nice piece tho but it is too much answer for just one question

In fact you hv just lost another golden opportunity to land a job with this epistle...

You are Fired!! *drops d gavel*
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by Dahjhi: 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
Habisoye:
I trust some interviewer...they might av cut u off @d 4th paragraph, cox d question usually is not "Tell me all about urself" but "briefly tell me a little about ursef" and u start giving dem poem.. ¸.•´ ¸.ℓoℓ •*¨) ¸.•*¨)
If am d interviewer I will ask you if u'r a parrot or wether u swallow RADIO

Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by sewentybaba: 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
histemple:
If I am the interviewer, I will just clap for you and say....congratulations! We will get back to you.
yes o.
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by weedy: 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
;DMehn d guy was so neymartic and ballotellic in nature
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by solarview(m): 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2015
If I were him...I would asked you to just write them down on a paper and I will collect the paper from you... Then I will tell you to recite it again...but

If you get right... You're in trouble or otherwise you're still in trouble
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by millhouse: 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2015
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by SarahGee: 12:45pm On Jul 09, 2015
Habisoye:
I trust some interviewer...they might av cut u off @d 4th paragraph, cox d question usually is not "Tell me all about urself" but "briefly tell me a little about ursef" and u start giving dem poem.. ¸.•´ ¸.ℓoℓ •*¨) ¸.•*¨)
If am d interviewer I will ask you if u'r a parrot or wether u swallow RADIO.

Cant just stop laffing at this. grin grin
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2015
Habisoye:
If am d interviewer I will ask you if u'r a parrot or wether u shallow RADIO.
Oh my gosh. Lwkmd . I can't quit laughing.
Re: My Interviewer Got Shocked With The Way I Described Myslf When Ask To........... by Richy4(m): 12:49pm On Jul 09, 2015
How did you memorize all this?

If it was a teaching job at the university, do not worry, it's their loss.

I think you are brilliant but that explanation is for a teaching job in university sir. Any other organization will take it as a waste of their time

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Message From Century 21 Freedom Group Could It Be A Scam?.. / Thank God, See My Networth As A Banker / Shell Discrimination Of HND Holders, Equating Them With Bsc Third Class.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.